Chapter 2
859 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ethan’s POV)

 

Finally, now, it was time for me to do my usual run.

Life as King wasn’t as hard as I had originally thought. I’m not governing everything in the world, as the humans do their own things, we just have to keep an eye on them. Our money isn’t a problem either, because we live off the interest of what we already have. My packs are my children and they also help me with a certain different part for each of them. Just like the ‘Heed and call pack’, the other packs on Sollace do the same in a different way. Well, that’s if we need their help…

With each pack having their leader and I as the law, a lot of my work is done by them. The problem was, I was the one that had to make all the hard decisions that others didn’t want to make…

…And that could be painful sometimes…

 

If an Alpha had caught rogues but was unable to kill them, because one or two of them ended up being the mate in one of their packs, the matter would come to me to decide.

If a pack is threatened by another pack, if a pack wants to move states, if an Alpha is ‘deemed unfit’…

But, all in all, my job still gave me quite some leisure time and I was able to enjoy some time off from being the King. It was the best part of my day!

On my time off, I did not have to be strong, I did not have to give the impression that I was the most domineering Shifter in the world. I didn’t have to be…Someone that I wasn’t…It all was built into me, that I was not the type to be the King, most likely because I was an Omega…

Running towards a usual place, where I was going to take a swim, I made my chocolate looking wolf run faster. If I had been a small wolf, it would have been a lot easier to find out if I was really an Alpha or not, but luckily, because of the blood of being royal, I was quite a big wolf, easily looking down at a grown man standing. If someone knew the royal’s wolves very well in the past, they would still see a difference though, because I was still smaller then that of my father…That is what Owen tells me, so I can’t go public with my wolf, and so far, I haven’t had too. So, within the palace grounds, I was able to shift…But, that was all…

My wolf was intimidating, having accepted becoming King a long time ago. He calls me weak sometimes, but I don’t care. His name was Austorious and he and I seemed to be opposites, yet, obviously, we still cared for one another…He might call me weak but he’d been with me every step of the way to this present day…

I had worked endlessly hard to have a strong structure and be a good fighter.

Owen hated that I had no natural talent with anything, that I was just able to do everything. I was a good fighter, not great…I was not dumb, but not smart…I was somewhat emotional, yet could hold no emotions at all sometimes…

I was very average.

Even though Owen didn’t like that aspect about me, but he was still proud of me, and since he was the only one that showed me his pride for me, I felt fortunate to have at least one person on my side. Officially, he was my Beta, considering that I could not ‘trust’ anyone else, but he was also my Gamma, my brother and the father that I never had…

Jumping straight into the water bed ahead of me, I shifted back to my naked human self and resurfaced from under the water…

 

After a little swim, I’ll go check on my boy, I thought, as I floated on top of the surface of the water and looked up at the sky.

My boy was my joy in my life. He was lucky to have been born!

Nothing had happened between the Queen and I for four years, having married her at 33. Owen had then used my heat to try to get her to get pregnant, having heard that it could work that way.

Never having a King that was an Omega, had made it difficult to get this information, but it is not uncommon information to the masses outside of the palace…Owen also had to do this without anyone knowing, because the next question would be…Why does he need to know about an Omega when he’s the Beta of the King?

…It wasn’t like we Shifters couldn’t have pups with chosen mates, it was just a lot harder to conceive. I was already rare in itself, especially due to the fact that I was omega, as I probably should have been at least a Beta, having a King Alpha as my father. It was a strange, unexplainable event really. Owen himself questioned this and decided that the King must have visited my mother several times before I was actually conceived…That seemed like the only reasonable explanation, as he didn’t know either.

 

Prior to the late King and his members, other then myself, dying, Owen hadn’t known as much as he does now. He had found out about me through the late King’s records, and decided to do as the late King would have asked for, which was obviously to keep the royal family of Sollace to continue to sit upon the throne and be King of the Shifters…

Then, I’m guessing, there was other things that he had found. I tried to not let it phase me, that I, the son of the last King, was unable to know about what Owen had found. I tried not to care either, but for some reason, I felt like I should…That if anyone should have the late King’s records, that it should have been me…

Nonetheless, Owen had finally found some information about chosen mates, omega’s and pregnancy and had tried out a few of them…And, the one that had indeed worked, was when Owen had placed the Queen into my ‘cave’, while I had been on heat.

But, having ravaged my Queen while I was in heat, had indeed worked and had made her pregnant, she is very much afraid of me now and we have not had sex since.

I had hurt her terribly, but I couldn’t help the way of how I had felt when in heat. Heat was obviously something I want to sedate and having her in the cave, just made that happen. It was natural, but it was something I had never done before. We had sex previously, but…Sex while I was in heat, was crazy! It was also a period of where I was the most selfish, as I, till this day, don’t know if she had been able to climax at all!

But the feeling was practically doubled and the want to achieve my desire had made me unable to think of anything else…

I won’t tell anyone that it was a hell of a lot better. So much more intense!

I won’t tell anyone, because I shouldn’t have it happen again as the Queen had been placed in care of a doctor for a month afterwards, and I knew, if she had been human, she probably would have died!

But wow, it was pretty great! I do find myself wanting it again and thinking of how great it felt, unable to stop myself. I have tried to coax Eleanor into bed again, but she would run off, after panicking.

…Cold showers seem to happen more and more frequently these days…

I sighed, it seemed obvious that we were bound to only have one child in our marriage. The royal lineage can’t count on me, so it’ll have to count upon my poor son to have more members added to the Sollace family.

 

Luckily, an heir had been born now and my Beta was extremely happy! And, in fact, so was I!

My son was a Beta, which Owen had not liked at first, but it’s not something that we can help when I was officially an Omega and was lucky to conceive a child in the first place.

My boy was named Chance, and he was still only just a little pup, one that looked adorable!

Owen was already strict with him, even though he was just learning how to crawl, but me, I would twirl him around and try to make him laugh his cute baby laugh.

He brightened up my day, making me rarely think of being King since he was conceived. Having used to walk around sad and uninterested in life, it totally changed when Chance came into being! Now…Now my life was good! There were no longer wishes to change, because then, Chance wouldn’t be in my life…And I can’t have that!

I felt lucky to have Chance, and luckily, now that the Queen knew of my secret, she kept it hidden just because of our son. She was quite the lady, may I add, someone that is indeed dear to me…But, I already knew that I wasn’t in love with her, well, it wasn’t like what other people say when they talk about their mates, that fact was indeed certain!

What the Queen and I had, was a fortunate, happy family. One that I was willing to spend the rest of my life with!

Smiling, because I was thinking about my family, I no longer wanted to wait and got out of the water, shifting to my wolf and running off, after a quick shake of my wet fur.

My son loved it when I was in my wolf form, so I leisurely wondered through the palace, not shifting back to human. I was really glad that I was able to do this here, even though Owen had told me not to do it often, but…At the moment, I was dad, and I was ready to pounce on my baby boy!

 

 

So, this was how the days continued as such. I kept my secret safe, I dealt with matters for a King and looked after the law and our secret. I had some time to myself and played with my boy.

Every now and again there were invitations that went out for me to attend, but Owen would never let me out!

Yes, for most of my life, from the age of twelve, I had spent most of it trapped in this palace! The reason for that, I guess I understood, was because of the death of the rest of the royal family had happened and how they had gone out. It was really quite a freak accident it seems…

They were all buried alive suddenly, but apparently, it wasn’t an accident…I really don’t know how else to put it though…

Back before the ‘freak accident’, it was normal for a King to go out often and see his packs, but now…The only time I had left the palace, was when I had run away from Owen when I was rebelling.

Oh, I was far from the good student…

I had not only run away, I had learnt to yell at him and in which he would laugh and say, ‘That’s my King!’. But really, I yelled cruel and harsh words to him because I was exhausted, mad and weak!

I had also played tricks on him, where he might slip over upon waking, or steal his clothes when he had shifted to his wolf…

Yeah, now that I think back to it, that part of my life was a bit of fun! He was the person that spent the most time with me and I was glad for the company. Having been alone with my mother until twelve, to having an old man come in and ‘play’ with me, life did have some good in it back then. Of course, back then, I didn’t think this way. All I had thought was ‘stop, please’, ‘let me sleep!’, ‘I don’t want to be King!’ and ‘I hate you!’.

9