Chapter 3
747 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ethan’s POV)

 

Yes, my past held quite a number of curses, and most of them were directed at my current Beta. As much as I had apologised, as I felt bad for it, I also came to realize that he never once apologised to me in return. I wondered why I felt like I wanted him to say, ‘I’m sorry’, as what he was doing…Wasn’t it for the best…Yet, I couldn’t help but think I deserved an apology, which was confusing…

But…I figured it out a few years ago! I wanted his apology because when I am the ‘King’, I cannot handle that kind of action! I felt the Alpha that was unnaturally a part of me now, want to demand the apology out of him! If it wasn’t because I was naturally an Omega, able to hold down the threatening words wanting to be issued, I might have done something ages ago!

Thinking of the past, there were also the times that Owen would also tell me that I was useless, making me train so hard that I fainted. I yelled and yelled, being told that I needed to be domineering, I needed to be the King! I had to revert all the years of being lonely, weak and innocent, to that of the complete opposite!

I had to act like I owned to world, and that can be very exhausting!

He had stolen me from my mother as well, making me miss her terribly, and he had told me that I wasn’t to see her until I had learnt enough to satisfy him!

Actually…I still rarely see her. She is, of course, being kept hidden in the palace, as we are still unable to know of who our enemies are…

Walking into a familiar corridor and through a slightly ajar door, I decided that sometime soon, I will see my mother in secret again and show her Chance for the first time…

 

A child’s voice was heard, and I turned my wolf head to Chance and walked up to him happily.

“Your Majesty, I know he likes it when you are in your wolf form but…”

I looked up at the maid, who tends to my son, and snorted.

So what if I’m still a little wet and smelly!

Slamming myself down onto the carpeted floor, I rubbed my back into the luxurious carpet and wagged my tail. It should smell like me here anyway!

Hearing Chance’s laughter, I continued my way slowly over to him, making sure that the maid knew that I didn’t give two shits about what she wanted.

Slamming my head into Chance, with probably a bit too much force, he ended up falling over and I rubbed my head into his tummy.

“Your Majesty!”

Oh shut it you old hag!

Chance might have hit his head a bit, but we were wolves, even if there is a small bit of damage, it’ll heal quicker then that of a human. He’ll be fine!

My words were right, as Chance only had time for laughing…

Ah, he was just so cute!

Making sure that my smell was all over my little baby, I then plopped down beside him, letting him rest against me.

 

“Your Majesty, if I didn’t know better, I’d think you were someone else!”

Looking up at Eleanor, I pumped my head again into Chance and let my tongue out.

“Oh no you don’t!”

She hated it when I licked him!

I moved my snout to Chance, but she hurriedly picked up our boy and glared at me, “I’m giving him a bath!”

I growled at her, but thought better, racing off to the place they bathed my boy. I’ll have a bath too then!

“Ethan, get out!”

I don’t know why, but teasing my spouse has always been fun, but I’m sure it helps our relationship too. So, I couldn’t help it, I let the fun take it’s toll and ended up in the water because well…I have my way as the King!

Sometimes…It was really good to be King…

 

***

 

It was another month before we officially celebrated Chance’s birth. Considering what had happened to the family and that he was a Beta, we were all worried about what the populace would think.

But, it was all sorted now, and everyone was welcomed to attend.

A few packs had to come to help and do what they did best, as well cleaning the big stage that the celebration would be held in. We had not had a celebration to this extend for a very long time and it was no wonder that the room was closed off and dusty.

I walked around in it, with my royal robe hanging down to my calves and felt a bit suffocated. It wasn’t like I wasn’t dressed to complete sophistication, as I wore a suit under my robe, but…

I hadn’t been able to let loss since the day before and I was hoping that the full moon in three days doesn’t bring out my heat.

On the rare occasion, it does happen, so I was stiff from keeping an eye on my body temperature…

The celebration was going to start in just two hours and I felt like all my muscles were sore, like I’d done a huge workout!

 

Sighing to my displeasure, I turned and walked out of the room, going to help my boy, since I had nothing better to do.

Dressing was something simple and I never understood why a King should be late…But Owen told me that a King has every right to make people wait and I should act accordingly…But…Waiting was so boring!

Jumping up the stairs, two at a time, I made it quickly to where my boy was dressed in his new celebration attire and smiled. It was about time that he was seen as the heir. Seen as the next King…

I learnt everything I know from Owen, but Owen wanted to be the one to teach Chance as well. He had let slip that he was now more important then me and wanted to get Chance to grow up as soon as possible, making me feel…

Well…I guess it can’t be helped, I was, after all, an Omega. While I am the King, it was still a worry that my secret was going to be found out. So, after thinking these obvious and often thoughts, I understood why Owen had said this.

As soon as Chance was ready, he was going to take the throne and become the next King…

It seemed, as well, that now that Chance was being recognized publicly, I was going to start something I hadn’t done before and venture beyond the palace…We needed to find out who was aiming for the Sollace family!

And this celebration was the first step, the first test in that direction…

 

To be honest, I was ok with that. Chance deserved to be King more then I. Besides, it wasn’t like I felt he was forcefully taking it, as I didn’t really want the throne to begin with.

Picking up my son, I played with him in front of the mirror, while the maids started cleaning up the mess created from getting him ready. He had one of those baby suits on, making him look way to adorable for me and there was just no way I couldn’t love him!

He had his short, flimsy dark brown hair combed and even dress shoes on his feet…

He was growing up quickly! Having shifted for the first time, we were all very happy and awed at his cute wolfy appearance.

He was closer to black then me, which was another Sollace signature…Another reason why Owen didn’t want me to show off my wolf outside to the public…

But, he wasn’t completely black, having a white patch, no doubt from his mother, and a chocolate coloured patch too.

His fur was soft and addictive, making me want to run with him all the time already, even though he still wasn’t ready for that!

Shifting had hurt him a lot, so he has only shifted twice so far.

Hearing him scream out in delight, while I tickled him in the mirror, I turned to him and kissed his forehead.

Closing my eyes, I felt like my life was worth it, when he was in my arms. I could do without even the Queen, but this boy was something that stole my heart. He made what I had done to become King worthwhile! He made me stronger!

Ah, my boy, you’re overloading daddy with strength, give it, give it all to me!

“Your Majesty, you are expected…”

“I don’t want to!”

“Your Majesty!”

Sighing, I gave Chance to the Queen and rolled my eyes…Sometimes I wish I was her, she didn’t have to do too much, lazy, little…

“Go! The guests have already started to arrive!”

I stomped off, “Why can’t they arrive on time! Why do they have to be early!?”

 

 

It was a normal sight in that room, for me to act like a child, but as soon as I exited, I took a deep breath in and narrowed my eyes…

With the slight time of not being so stiff, I felt sore all over again now…

I might like Owen’s pride for me…When it was there…But there was nothing like Chance and how I can be myself with him.

For many years, this side of myself had not shown itself, in fact, I never knew I could be like this…That is until Chance was born.

Being relaxed and free was a great feeling, which is probably why I spoiled my pup rotten!

And he loves me for it!

Letting out a smirk, I continue to walk like a King towards where all the guests are piling up before the entrance of the big room, where we are to hold the celebration.

Going half way down the steps, I then stopped, and the crowd went silent. “Welcome.”

Silence continued as I suddenly felt strange…

Trying not to let the rise of temperature to my body make me panic, I believed that I had to get this over and done with quickly. “Today we celebrate the birth of my son, the new addition to the Sollace family and also…The future King!”

The crowd did a small cheer, making me a tiny bit upset, they should all be clapping and cheering louder!

Feeling the heat of my body go even more higher, I really did start to panic, so I finished off with, “Please, go in and soon my son will come and you all will meet him!”

I wasn’t able to wait any longer, I directly rushed towards my cave and shut the door on myself.

This…This was not normal!

Ripping off my clothes and wiping the sweat that had started to form, I couldn’t believe how hot I was and how quickly I became this temperature!

Not normal at all!

Breathing heavily, I sat down and got some water.

Nothing worked…Not the room, not the water…Nothing!

It has never been so…

Falling to the floor, I accidentally touched my hardened core and it felt like I was deep inside of my own nervous system!

 

Not gain enough to touch myself again, because I knew this wasn’t normal, I fell to my back and tried to concentrate on the coolness of the floor.

Breath in, breath out!

Why is it so hard!?

Hearing the door slam, I looked over to it and felt like time stopped…

I was staring at a man whom looked like he was on the verge of shifting, but that wasn’t…

Mate…

Widening my eyes…

Mate…

I wanted to move but then felt the nerves throughout my whole body again and I cried out. Even Austorious jumping for joy inside my head was phased out and I could only think of the strange pain going over my entire body!

Not only was I so hot, but any type of feeling I felt, whether it was a slight move of my hand or trying to move from the ground, I felt it very strongly!

It was so intense, that it was literally painful! It was really the most uncomfortable feeling I had ever felt in my life!

I felt like I was still wearing clothes, heavy winter clothes and I wanted to take them off!

…I felt like I was going to die with all the strong senses that I felt going through me…Ah, but that beautiful smell!

 

Having my eyes closed and trying to calm down, seeing that nothing was working, I felt a touch on my arm and immediately felt my basic instinct and urge to feel more of it…Everywhere!

Grabbing that hand, I pulled at it and demanded this person’s mouth, I felt his fall onto me and his weight was heavier than I thought…He was…Big!

Smelling him more now, as I greedily kept taking his mouth, as though it was my own, I felt like I had waited all my life for this moment! That the heat, the smell, my existence, was to meet this person!

“I can’t.”

What?

I could hear him, but I didn’t understand!

Putting a hand to his face, in which his face had left mine, and now he was sitting straight again, I still felt lost. Frowning at his distance, it didn’t help me and the way I felt, which was the utter need and urgency to satisfy a basic need.

I wanted to whimper to him, I wanted to beg him on my hands and knees.

He stared at me and touched my arm, “I can’t believe I found you…But…”

He got up then and I felt terrible!

I know I didn’t know anything about him, all I knew, was that he made me feel better, that he was what I wanted at this very moment!

I wanted to plead, plead for him not to take any more steps away from me!

I wish…I wish I wasn’t in heat, so that we could have our first conversation…So that I could at least know his name!

8