Chapter 4
662 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Damien’s POV)

 

Before coming to the new heir’s celebration, my life held no problems. I was strict and did the best for my pack. I was happily putting them first, even happily waiting to that of finding my long-lost mate…

I had a routine, a way of life…

Until…

…I never knew how weak I was…

Having been unable to stay put and follow everyone else, I followed His Majesty’s completely satisfying smell, and I followed him here, to this strange other place within the palace.

It was in the open, yet hidden…Which was strange because it should also be easy to find my way back…

The place had trees surrounding it and the gate to go inside was unlocked. I went through a side door, to find that it was a building within another building and that the inner building was what was hidden.

Opening that door to the new, different atmosphere, I knew straight away on what it was. It wasn’t the first time I had seen an Omega ‘cooling’ room, as I had a few Omega’s in my pack and sometimes they were able to use other pack’s ‘cooling’ rooms. But…There he was, lying hopelessly upon the floor, squeezing his eyes shut. Before I knew it, the door slammed shut behind me as soon as I let it go, giving me a grand look upon my mate eyeing me for the first time.

I was sure that he knew now…He knew that I was his mate. That I, his mate, was attending his son’s celebration. That I, his mate, was seeing his chosen mate of the Queen…That I, his mate, was obviously not even wanted…Probably not even thought of…While I had hopelessly waited for him all this time. Diligently waiting to be with him for eternity…Having been excited…

…My heart was still breaking from when I first saw him till now…Breaking all my excitement into little pieces, breaking all my longing…Shattering it all in to dust!

 

Unable to stop myself from flinching to his obvious discomfort, I had walked all the way up to his naked body, taking him in with my hungry eyes…

His body looked nicer then the average men I normally see, it seemed like it was getting the care like that of a woman yet had muscle to show that he was strong…Well, not as strong as me but he didn’t look weak. He had a few marks, but there were no big scars on him, not like one that I had down my shoulder blade. His hair looked rumbled, much different to minutes earlier when I first saw him on the staircase, and…Just seeing him so hot and heavy, ready to be bedded…Oh geez…

When I touched him, when he had looked back at me, I knew it. No words had been said yet, but I knew he was my precious, destined mate and that I wanted him!

The luscious body, already hard and ready for me to take it, was right there!

My wolf was ravenous! Mate this, mate that! He was crazily wanting to be let out and drive his scent all over the body in front of me! Not only that, my wolf was already eager to mark and make his mate his entirely, making it extremely hard for me to concentrate…

In my twenty-five years, I had never felt the urge to fulfil myself…Like this…

I wanted to touch him so badly that I felt myself start to shake!

…He made me feel so weak! He didn’t want me, but here I am succumbing to desire!

 

Kissing this King, my mind drew a blank, which doesn’t happen!

I lost myself to his lips, wanting more and more…They were soft and the small amount that I could taste from him, when I couldn’t help but let him drive the kiss deeper, was unimaginably sweet!

So sweet…

I knew already, how perfect we were together just by kissing him. Our mouths ran away with the other and the rest of our bodies fell into suit, tingles shotting everywhere like electricity!

How much I wanted more! I wanted to…

His smell awoke me out of the strange, new trance that I had been in, and I was able to start to think a tiny bit clearly, able to push myself away from him…

Already wanting to go back to his lips, I took a deep breath in, his intoxicating scent going through my system, making me so hard that I felt like I was ready to cum there and then!

Not only was my wolf utterly excited, but I was too!

It would be so easy to mark and take this beauty in front of me. It was just us and I was nearly completely absorbed into those thoughts!

“I can’t!” I told myself, remembering the reason why I was here to begin with…

My mate’s eyes showed confusion and I desperately wanted to kiss that confusion away!

His hand upon my face, made me close my eyes and clench my fists.

Unable to keep my eyes shut, knowing his sexy appearance was right in front of me, I stared at him and touched his arm, “I can’t believe I found you…But…”

Never…Never had I had to do something so hard in my entire life! Hell, my life was easy, this was hard!

Smelling his obvious Omega odour, making me twitch and want to remove my clothes, I instead looked away from my mate…My gorgeous mate…

Getting up, unable to trust myself for much longer, I started to walk away. “I will keep your secret…Your Majesty…”

“…What?”

“I will keep your secret to my dying day. But, it’s quite obvious that we can’t be together. Stay well…”

I quickly left, taking in as much as his beautiful smell with me, before closing the door once again…

 

Falling down against the door, I touched my face, remembering the pure ecstasy and happiness to him openly accepting me and closed my eyes to my inner pain.

I wasn’t stupid, the King held a very big secret…Now that I knew…

Without looking back, I decided to try and forget today, try and get out of here before it becomes known that I was here at all.

My family were very loyal to the King, not just the King, but to the throne. They knew of the late King, having been friends, but wasn’t as close as some. Now…I was sure…I was very sure that knowing that a King being an Omega would be something that could get me killed!

Not only that, even if we wanted to be together, how would that happen? This whole celebration was all about the King’s heir, he already had a family!

Jealousy ripped through my heart and I felt heartbroken that he was unable to wait for me as I did him.

Yes, this is what gave me the strength to leave him…Because…Isn’t that what he had done to me?

There was no point anymore, in continuing to wait now for my mate to find me…Or I them…

Touching my face once again, I looked down, not letting anyone see my sadness.

My mate had made me the weakest I’d ever felt!

I was an Alpha, I was in charge of 323 people! I can’t continue to feel like this!

Walking off towards where the celebration was being held, I got my people together and only looked back once, upon leaving through a designated bush entrance.

 

Even if I didn’t feel like moving on without my destined mate, it was how it should be…

I hated that we weren’t meant to be together, but I was determined to move on!

It wasn’t a completely rare thing for people to have chosen mates and I’ve seen it, it’s just…I wanted to be with him so much! How was I to get a chosen mate when I felt this way!?

I knew it…I knew I felt so fucking weak that it was pathetic but…

Dammit! I got to overcome this! I have to!

The time of being weak is gone, the time to continue as I was and now even perhaps find a chosen mate…To have my own heir…

The thought of being with someone else, not only made me sad but made my wolf, Hexxah, angry! Yet…What was I supposed to do!?

Remembering the want my mate showed me, I vaguely wondered if even we accepted each other…How could it possibly work!?

…Was this…The only outcome we had? That since he had moved on from me, I could only move on as well?

He already had a child for fuck’s sake!

No…The only reason he wanted me, was because he was on heat…If we met in another way…

Clenching my fists, I decided to use this weakness of mine, only to become stronger and be the best Alpha I can be! Even if we were to meet again, I will be strong enough to not look at him with want and desire. I won’t want him in my arms or want to live the rest of my life with him by my side…I will make sure he knows that I am happy just the way I am, just as he is without me!

Trying to relax, while my third in command shifted, as I did, and led me back to my pack, I pushed all these wants to the back of my mind…But…However hard I tried, for the next few months, I never got rid of this new want…

I wanted my mate, even though he was somebody else’s…I still wanted him!

I didn’t even care that he was an Omega…I don’t even care that he’s the fucking King! My heart was full and there seemed no way I could fill it with anyone else!

 

 

(Ethan’s POV)

 

I had screamed in complete agony and sadness, after my mate had left me.

I was so hot that I felt like I was in lava, I was so unsatisfied that I was hurt because of my continuous hard on and I never felt so miserable in my life!

This heat had lasted for four days and by the time it was done, I was hungry, thirsty, tired and felt utterly miserable.

After my body was a normal temperature again, I had fallen into a deep slumber and didn’t wake for several hours. Then, after waking, my nude body was so extremely cold, because of being damp from sweat and laying endlessly upon the cold floor, that I caught a chill.

Not caring much at all that I was slightly sick, because it’ll disappear sooner then that of a human’s, I got up and found myself very weak and painful.

My dick was dry, but still half hard, making me only breath out in anger. Even after my heat had gone and I had a sleep, it seemed that it was not going back to normal! It was…Painful…

I knew…A cold shower after a wank was not going to help me. The pure torture of how impossibly hard the heat had hit me…How long would it take for me to finally be able to go soft!?

There…

Thinking of what I just thought hurt me, but…

I also wanted…I also wanted someone to comfort me…

Wiping my face, feeling that tears had come out at several intervals in the last couple of days, I could only quickly put on some clothes and walked straight to the Queen…She…At the moment, Eleanor was my only lifeline…Before I would run away through complete depression…That or…

No…I wasn’t going to take my life! The pain of rejection wasn’t as bad as I thought…It was more of a dull headache…But, it wasn’t enough for me to just do something so stupid as to end my life. No, didn’t I know it? Wasn’t I ready to never have a mate?

…I tried not to look so haggard but with all the looks that I got from the minimal people that I passed, I guess I didn’t look so good.

I also felt far from good…

My heart was broken…Shattered…

I now understand why Owen told me to not think of my mate…And I’m glad I had tried not too, but now…Now that I had met him…

I never thought I would be so plainly rejected…So easily rejected…

…And I never knew how much it would hurt me…How painful it was…

I knew that my life was forever changed…

8