Chapter 12
504 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Damien’s POV)

 

I didn’t know what I was doing…I don’t know if thinking what I was thinking was only going to make things worse instead of better. All I knew, was that I was hurting more and more, that even breathing felt like something difficult!

“Alpha!”

Hearing Simon in my head, I blinked and snapped out of it, “What is it?”

“…Sir…The King was buried alive! They are rushing to get him out of the dirt!”

“…What…”

My heart felt like it stopped…I couldn’t seem to swallow…I felt my chest start to become extremely painful…

It was like my life was being sapped right out of me!

Putting a hand to my heart, I…Started to wonder if some of the pain I felt, was from him…

With this thought, I was on my feet and I ran, I ran so fast to where he would most likely be.

Please be alive!

I remembered him yelling at me to ‘Get out!’.

I’ll leave, I’ll do anything, just, don’t die on me!

‘Well, let’s put this another way, I want you gone before this happens again. You brought it on, so leave, I don’t want to do that again!’

Whatever you want…Whatever, I’ll do it! Just, please be alive! Don’t leave me alone!

Again, I never felt so fucking weak!

 

 

It felt like it took me an eternity to get to the massive mess area, that was now cornered off.

Coughing to my sudden quick and fast run, I hit my chest and continued to get a closer look. Please…

Seeing four people attached to ropes and others holding them, those four people used their wolf paws to dig and at the side, there were others moving buckets and buckets full of dirt away from the area.

Please!

Getting through the massive amount of people, I found myself right next to the area now…Right near were the bed was supposed to be…If I had been with him…

Suddenly…I…

A tear escaped, and I dived in to the side and dug myself, not sure if I was too close or too far away.

I felt utterly useless, as I felt another tear escape and I dug faster, unable to stop myself.

He has to be alright, he has to be!

“Here, give me the rope!”

I dug absentmindedly, as the bed got pulled out of the dirt…But no mate…

No!

“Stand there! Be ready people!’

I watched as someone had gotten into what looked like a fallen wall and then dug faster, not using his claws. The dirt sprayed out so far, that people had to move.

“You, do the other side!”

It must have been the wall, the bathroom wall…Or some other wall…

Within a minute or two, both men couldn’t do anymore off the wall, and they were too low for me to see.

“More on the rope, both go in there, we haven’t got any more time! Find him! Find His Majesty, quickly!”

Hopelessly looking at who was yelling, I then realized that he was right…

No doubt, it had already been too long…

Putting my dirty hands to my face, I felt like I can’t handle it, I can’t!

I knew someone that had to endure through their mate’s death and I didn’t want to bare it! I didn’t want to! He can’t die!

 

“Here, here! Help me pull him out!”

Putting my hands down, I looked over, the long way down, where a hand was being dragged out, and someone was trying to get to the waist, to get a better way to pull the body up.

Finally, his face was out of the dirt and, I fell down again, stopping myself unconsciously from falling…Or was it that someone else stopped me…I didn’t know…

My mate…

Again, he was completely dirty, but…This time…He was lifeless…

Just moments later, I saw that he took a deep breath in and I blinked to make sure I wasn’t seeing things!

He coughed, and coughed again, then took another couple of deep breaths…Just laying there on the ground now, but obviously breathing…

I was beside myself with joy, now crying hopelessly to how happy I was that he had survived!

Smiling like an idiot, I nodded to myself.

Thank god…Thank you.

Wiping my face, I took my own deep breath and nodded again.

I had never been so scared in my life!

Looking over at my mate, I sighed in relief and watched his stomach go up and down.

That’s good, you did well, my beautiful mate…You did well!

 

I know that he told me to get lost, I know he showed that he didn’t want me around but…

Getting up, I decided that until he is awake, at the very least, I was going to protect him, whether he likes it or not!

Walking over to him, I moved people out of my way and immediately stopped people from touching my mate…

He was mine!

“How about you get lost!”

Looking up at that same man, oh…He was the Alpha…I looked back down and picked up the King myself. “I will not!”

Hearing the other man yell at me, I didn’t bother listening anymore and turned around, walking towards my pack…

I had no idea what was going on, but with what happened, dirt wasn’t a good thing!

Knowing that dirt was practically everywhere, I stopped and looked up.

Flying…

Where was the closest airport?

The other Alpha was still yelling, and I turned to him and asked, “Do you have a plane?”

He narrowed his eyes at me and shook his head disdainfully, “We are The History Pack, we only have old planes!”

Rolling my eyes at him, I turned towards the person that had come from The Watcher’s Pack and he talked to me without being asked, “We do, but…”

 

All of us looked at the unconscious, but alive, King of the Shifters and we all wondered how to get him on board a plane in the best and fastest way possible.

“Tie him to my back! My pack will get us there!”

I gently put my mate down and before I even shifted, that damned Alpha was yelling at me again!

“Shut up! Do you want the King to die!?”

I never noticed when I had taken the angry Alpha’s dirty clothes into my hands and bared my teeth at him, but now that he was right in front of me, I guess that’s how it came across!

“He gave me orders to get you out of my boundary, now get out!”

“He’s my mate! Now if you don’t let me save him…I will kill you!”

Silence overcame the area and the first to talk, was the person from The Watcher’s Pack, “I’ll get the rope that they were using before…And some clothe.”

Finally, someone with some sense! Actually, I really liked that guy!

Turning into my big grey wolf, I bent down right next to my mate and growled at the person being rough, as they tried to pick the King up, to put him on top of me.

During this process, I immediately called my pack to come, telling them that we had a very important mission to do!

Within another couple of minutes, clothe and rope had tied my mate onto my back and I was running behind the scent of the person that had already went ahead towards The Watcher’s Pack…

 

My pack had mostly come to escort the King, as the remaining pack members that were left behind were packing up our base and were going to come after they were done. Luckily, we had mostly ventured to the border of The History Pack prior to what had happened to His Majesty, the second time, so I didn't have to wait for them to head off. With them already here, I was glad, I really wanted to get away from here as fast as possible!

I knew about what happened with the late King and the rest of the royal members, but I still have no idea how it happened. The fact that the same thing had already been attempted to my mate, scared the life out of me!

I wasn’t stupid, I knew that something bad was threatening his life…And it made me terribly vexed!

What the hell is after him!?

I was going to demand that he tells me as soon as possible! And also demand that he doesn’t tell me to leave just for ‘my own safety’…I wasn’t going to take that as a reason that we should stay apart!

I was determined, more determined then I had ever been in my life, that I was not only wanting to protect my mate to the end, but to be his number one!

I wondered how and when he was going to try and get rid of me!

Haha, well, he can try!

 

I ran fast, not sure of how danger could occur, so I could not let my guard down. I had my Beta run ahead, another shifter behind and two to each side of me, and then others were spread out, but they weren’t too far away from us.

In normal cases, this was how we got rogues from one place to another, now it was used for protection of the King himself.

With another half an hour, we will already be at The Watcher’s Pack, having gone top speed most of the way. Strangely, we never caught up with the person from The Watcher’s Pack and I wondered if he was the fastest runner there…I had thought otherwise beforehand, as they had arrived at The History Pack at the same time I did, but now that we hadn’t see him, I really did think that he was one of the fastest Shifters I had ever met!

Finally seeing The Watcher’s Pack in the horizon, I put more effort into my legs, knowing now that the distance was something I could push myself for…I would just hate myself if I found out that I could do this, but didn’t and something happened to my mate!

Directly following the scent, we ran through one side of the boundary of the pack, and chased it towards another side, where upon we saw two planes and I rushed right up to them.

It looked like that ‘fast runner’ had been able to get a hold of someone and tell them that we were coming, as we were escorted by more and more wolves, as we got closer to the planes…But, there was no hindrance whatsoever, we were let in and expected completely.

I was really glad about this, it seemed that this pack was a touch smarter then that of The History Pack and I was able to save my voice to speak sense!

Now…Just to get onto the plane…

Whatever the danger was, it should be safer in a plane, we just got to get on it!

 

Once we were just outside the planes, I didn’t wait for anyone, as I shifted and felt my mates’ weight on my bare skin, the ropes easily fell down, and if I wasn’t careful, my mate would plop right off me...

Bending, so that I could put him straight back into my arms again, I looked around quickly, seeing a few people rush out and point to a plane and I went towards it, not waiting on pleasantries. I opened the door and got in.

Immediately, I sat down and put my ear to my mates’ mouth, scared suddenly that he might have stopped breathing while I was in a rush to get to the planes.

Hearing his breath come out, I cuddled into him and then heard others come aboard.

I don’t care who it is, just get us in the air!

“Alpha Rendall, Locky told us that His Majesty might need a doctor…Would you permit me to check him?”

“Mmm.”

I didn’t let them take him away, they had to check him while he was still in my arms.

After a minute or two, of the doctor checking his pulse in not just his arms, but his legs, he then checked my mates’ eyes and stood back. “I was told that he was buried for some time…”

I looked up at the doctor and narrowed my eyes at him, “What do you mean?”

The doctor put a hand to his chin and slightly shook his head, “He is alright. Exhausted, perhaps hungry, but he’s alright. From what I observed, he had only gone without oxygen for a few seconds, instead of minutes.”

I then looked down at my dirty mate and sighed in relief, then I heard the engines started.

“This is the captain speaking, please buckle yourselves in, we are planning to do a last check before flying straight towards the palace.”

Attempting to put the seat belt around both of us, I didn’t resist the doctors helping hands to secure it properly. Then, the doctor stated his farewells, before exiting the plane, right before the doors were shut tight.

Putting my head back, I was glad to be getting in the air. I was scared that if we wait too long, the plane might be swallowed up in dirt!

Just get us in the air!

7