Chapter 7 – Opening the Gates (Wolf’s POV)
29 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My king! Yellow monsters are nearing our walls? Should we engage?" A warrior bowed before the mighty UNO Wizard.

 

King Wolf looked at the fast zombies and gauged the distance between them and the other zombies that were also approaching his kingdom's walls. There was a decent 500 meters between the Runners and the other zombie hordes.

 

After coming to a decision, King Wolf nodded to his subordinate and gave him the decision to attack. The warrior rushed down the stairs where a large number of cavalry positioned themselves before the gates.

 

The warrior shouted with vigor as he hopped onto a large stallion. "Men! Get your weapons ready! It's time for us to attack. Open the gates!"

 

"Open the gates!" The gatekeepers responded with a shout of their own.

 

Workers manning the gates below started turning the gate level and lifting the iron bars. With a holler, the cavalry flowed out of the kingdom and met the Runners with their full charge.

 

Bits and pieces of zombie flesh flew up with every blow. In a matter of minutes, 50 Runners were decimated. Seeing the other zombies retreat, King Wolf signaled the cavalry to come back inside.

 

Once the cavalry reentered the kingdom, the workers began turning the gate lever again and dropped the iron bars closed. Satisfied with their small victory, the cavalry re-positioned themselves and waited for the next signal to attack.

1