Prologue
90 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sixty years ago...

 

"...Then we will no longer need a wedding! Completely dissolve this issue as soon as possible!"

"Your Excellency, we have not even found the Phoenix, how are we to do that for at least eighteen years? Perhaps, if you married and had an heir..."

"No! Even if it takes a hundred years, I will not give up! I will not marry another, and you know that I was forced into this in the first place! My statement is final, and I will wait for my beloved Phoenix to come of age, so that I can find her!"

"Your Excellency..."

"Enough! This conversation is over!"

With a great dominant air, one left without a glance back to the one left behind...

This person looked to the side and a very beautiful looking, young lady sighed and tried to keep her appearance from showing her utter disbelief to her bad luck!

The wedding to bring herself closer to the man she loves and can’t live without, had only been two months away!

His royal Highness, the King of Kings, the strongest person alive...Was going to become her husband, and that thought was all she needed for her to consider her next step.

Unable to stay and chat with her father, she disappeared...To find a way to get rid of this 'Phoenix'!

 

 

With six Capital towns, and six countries, a search would take a long time to find this Phoenix...With little towns numbering into the hundreds that were outside of the capitals, searching a country for a little girl being born around two days, was actually extremely taxing!

In eighteen years, two signs only lasted for two days, before it had completely disappeared and the Phoenix bond that she had with her Dragon...Also disappeared...

A search has never stopped, but for the time the Phoenix had been taken in by a master, she had indeed fallen into the depths of hell, finding out just how wanted she was...Her creature, when she had cultivated to the 'Creature Realm'...Was the much desired Phoenix!

And from that day, she knew what fear was!

 

 

Present day...

 

I, was unable to act and fight back, for I was demanded not to, because of my master.

So, when I was taken by someone else, I was unable to defend myself in any type of way.

Again, as usual, it was to use my tears, to heal someone that I hadn't met...At the same time, they had plucked almost all my feathers for good measure.

I shivered to their harsh ways...But...I was used this type of abuse. Used to feeling the cold and forcefully taken to do as someone I don't even know, wishes for me to do.

Having gotten away, yet feeling confined because of the summoning of my master, I felt completely defeated...

The highest tree had been quite a distance away from the capital and I am no longer able to fly any further, nor was I able to turn back into human.

They had wanted to silence me for being taken, as the master I had now was quite powerful and, as it was, I was already being detained and used in silence. How they had found out who had me, I don’t know…How they had captured me…Well, if one gets people on the inside, it becomes a lot easier…But, I tried to tell them that my Master will find out, before they did all this, but they never listened to me.

My feathers and tears weren’t mine, and master will know if they are being used. It was only a matter of time, but…They seemed to be in dire straights and I had to oblige to them, no matter what…

 

Nonetheless, they had indeed done the right thing...Probably also knowing I would be reborn as well, so they probably didn't even feel bad...

...Stabbed in the heart was precisely something that would put me to death earlier than normal…And…I was now far away, having been thrown here over a long distance by a rock golem…Their evidence to have taken me was only that of the person that she had healed, had suddenly gotten better...The feathers were no doubt locked into a vault or space ring and now I was far from that place, as the rock golem had been quite large and strong...

It was such a fate, and ironic at that, that I, as a Phoenix, couldn't seem to live beyond the age of thirty. In my two lives so far, I knew that my death was premature and that I had not completed some goal that I don't even know of yet. It was a strange thing, to have your mind always preoccupied with something, yet unable to accomplish it because you simply didn’t have a clue upon what it was...

Breaking a stick and attaching it to a few others, I continued to make a crude nest...It was something I didn't understand, but something I did anyway...It also showed me that...I was going to die, for the second time...

 

Feeling myself climb into a bigger lot of flames, I laid down, no longer able to move, it was...Going to be over soon...

Just as I was going to go to sleep, before combusting into nothing but ash, I heard a large noise and a roar that made the earth tremble.

Looking out towards the far horizon, I felt my heart flutter and ache, all at the same time. I knew straight away, that the dragon...It was what I was searching for...All this time...

Hearing him, seeing him and feeling him within myself…Everything finally clicked!

My very existence was for this dragon!

His roar was desolate, yet to me, it was heavenly. He was desperate and raced his big black and red wings to me and I continued to watch, elated that I finally found the reason for my existence...But...Just as the dragon could even pin point my exact location, I felt nothingness scatter and my sight was quite unfocused or black...

As my ashes floated, going with the wind from high up in the tree, I felt the dragon roar once more in deep pain and sorrow. I wanted to help him...I never wanted to help anyone so much, but now...I had wanted to help this sad dragon...But it was too late…

I was now ash, floating away in very small particles and I could not think of anything else, until I was reborn...

1