Volume 2, Chapter 2
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A new Strategy!

 

Sharlae put an angry finger to his chest, feeling slight pain because of it, “You know nothing!”

Again, Nathanial swiped away her finger and both of them glared at each other.

After a small time, Nathanial looked down at the ground and then back up at her.

She took a step back to his eyes, seeing pity within them, “Stop it!”

It wasn’t the first time that she had seen that. No…

He had looked at her like this a couple of times, earlier in their enslavement!

“I said stop it! How dare you look at me like that!” She yelled.

“I feel sorry…”

Sharlae interrupted him, yelling at the top of her lungs, “Stop it! No!”

Shaking her head quickly, she covered her ears.

 

Sharlae felt like crying all of a sudden.

Her life felt like it was falling apart. Her existence was…Shattering…

Why was this one man making things hard for her!?

Looking back to see that same look in his eyes, Sharlae angry pushed at him, “I told you to stop!”

Because she had attacked her master, pain shot through her body and Sharlae coughed up some blood.

Falling to the floor, Sharlae breathed heavily for a moment and didn’t have the energy to do anything else.

Silence filled the area and she didn’t know what to do. She felt like she must have been missing something, but what…What could she have done differently!?

Why did she feel so…So empty?

 

Hanging her head low and not moving, Sharlae didn’t know what was wrong with her.

Feeling arms wrap around her then, Sharlae was shocked.

What?

She was suddenly completely embraced into a warm hug and it shocked Sharlae so much that she couldn’t speak or move.

How long had it been?

When was she last embraced like this?

Warmth spread through the areas that another person was touching and Sharlae again felt like she could cry…

…It had been so long…

 

“Perhaps…The person who never understood…Was you.”

When she heard her master’s words, Sharlae stiffened up and pushed him away, feeling pain again. “Who…Who are you to think you know!? I was the only female that ever made it to Immortal Realm! I was by his side for so long, yet you see what he has done to me! If there is someone who didn’t understand, it was him!”

Sharlae breathed heavily and glared at Nathanial, only to see that look again, making her lash out at him.

He stopped her, by grabbing her arms and pinned her down on the ground.

She coughed up blood, spitting it out to the side and closed her eyes.

 

“Did you place yourself in his shoes!? Did you understand him at all!? Have you ever thought of what it would make him feel if someone by his side had been the one to curse the Phoenix! Have you thought of that at all!?”

Sharlae opened her eyes and stared at this angry man on top of her.

He’d never been this angry before. He was always so…Aloof…

She liked it…Liked that she had gotten such a reaction out of him but…He was scolding her!

“Let me go!” She stated angrily.

Suddenly, his face was so close to hers that she went terribly still and quiet.

 

This man wasn’t the most handsomest man that she had met, no, but…He had a charm through his eyes and aura that he put around him that made him feel handsome.

She knew that he was strong willed, he was sweet and could be charming if he wanted to be.

He had been sweet to one particular girl, but that girl hadn’t wanted much to do with him, but she had seen it.

He was one of those man that would only take one partner, instead of a few like others. He really was…Extremely similar to the Dragon King…

 

Sharlae lost herself for a moment and closed the distance between them, touching his lips with hers.

So similar that it was uncanny.

So similar that she felt like she was in his presence…

Wanting more, Sharlae lightly placed her tongue onto his lips, before kissing again and found her hands free.

Putting her arms around the man’s neck, Sharlae held onto him, feeling him want to push her back.

She endured through the small pain of touching her master, hardly feeling it at all, because she felt like she was in a dream.

 

With the sudden loss of his lips from hers, Sharlae stared at the man in front of her in a daze and didn’t speak a word.

Seeing him also at a loss for words, even a slight red tinge across his cheeks, Sharlae thought it was really cute.

Putting a finger to his cheek, Sharlae felt his hands tighten where they were holding onto her arms.

“Stop…” He said.

Sharlae placed her thumb over his lips and whispered, “You can have me…”

Actually, it was the first time that she had given a chance for her master to take her. All other times it was practically an order but…This time…It wasn’t…

Startled, Sharlae came to see that…She wanted this man…Perhaps in more ways than one!

 

Being forced away from her master, Sharlae looked up to see him with his back towards her.

“Oh…” She stated, getting up, “It would be your first time wouldn’t it? Are you shy?”

Starting to walk up to him, she sees him suddenly walk away, closer to where his little home was and felt like…Well, she wasn’t ready to stop…

Perhaps she had too many masters that lusted over her once in a while but…She thought she should be able to seduce this master…

Catching up to him, Sharlae slightly smiled. She felt like she had just found something fun to do and wanted to achieve it straight away!

 

 

Upon this new idea of hers, she had never thought it would be so fun.

Having yelled at each other, ignoring each other, bullying each other…This was different! Much different!

Sharlae was adamant of giving this man a chance to bed her, yet he was so very adamant of not touching her like that!

She found it really funny though because after he would fall asleep, she would go into his bed and he really would cuddle her all night.

Upon waking up, he would disappear in a flash and she could only giggle upon he ignoring upon what had happened.

When he was looking after the children, he was trying to act normal, but she was sure that he was showing more anger then normal…She was sure of it!

 

Upon bathing, she would exert more energy to help him clean, even though he didn’t want her near him at this time!

She had never cared at those times, but now…Now she found a new way to torment him and she had to admit that she was enjoying it!

Those slightly red cheeks of his seemed to build some type of fire within her and she found the days go by strangely faster and happier than…Well, they were going by so differently…It was so weird.

Yet, she honestly thought that he would be seduced by now!

What was she doing wrong!?

 

She bathed herself a lot better now, wearing little clothing to bed but…He never took the simple clothing off her.

She wore her hair down, seeing no reaction, then wore her hair up, seeing again no reaction.

What did he like best?

She danced for him, played music for him but…She was running out ideas!

And this was what she did when her master was working in the day, she was trying to come up with ideas upon what she could do with her master that evening.

A game?

They had never played a game before!

Then…Where was she going to get a game from?

She had been around for a long time and knew of some games but…She couldn’t remember the last time that she had played any of them!

 

Having an interest in the children, Sharlae suddenly thought that they might know about a game.

Watching them with intense eyes, Sharlae wondered if the game that the children were playing would be something that Nathanial would play.

Wasn’t it a child’s game though?

They were just playing with different color pencils, doing some type of drawing together…

Frowning, Sharlae moved her head, to see it better, only to have no idea upon what type of game it was…

She was never too close to children before, she never cared for them but suddenly, with their smiling faces, she wondered if that game was fun or not.

 

 

Nathanial felt insecure.

He could see it, from the look on that face of hers, that she was coming up with another plan!

He had been able to handle everything with ease for most of his life…Right up until these last few months.

He shouldn’t have spoken to her, looked at her…

Why…Why had he done that when he knew what she was like!?

She had been given the chance to have a life, but it had only taken her three days to have killed someone, making him feel utterly terrible for giving her that chance.

 

That person losing their life was his fault!

That person died because he let her go!

She…The serpent beast, had killed my parents but…He knew it had been an order…So, after he found that out, he tried to understand her point of view, her reasonings…He really did!

Knowing that she had been enslaved for a long time, he thought that perhaps some freedom would show that she had changed…

Having become the serpent beasts master, Nathanial wanted to give a chance to it because it seemed pitiful.

He saw how others treated it, her…

He found that he felt similar to her…

 

They both were being bullied, they both were placed in circumstances that they couldn’t change!

Yet…She was also so very cold hearted...

He was just unable to trust her at all!

So…As much as she tried to lure him, he just couldn’t let go of how she had killed someone during her freedom. He couldn’t let go that she didn’t think of others and how they could feel to her actions…He couldn’t let go that she had no idea upon why people got upset with her!

 

The problem was, he was a man and yes, he was tempted.

She was a pretty sight after all. She was also someone that seemed to have a talent in seduction!

He wanted to touch her, already dreaming about that kiss that they had shared! He wanted more but, his conscious doesn’t let him!

He’d much prefer to have cold baths and not touch her simply because he felt slightly disturbed in thinking of how he would potentially feel if he ever laid a hand on her!

She was not someone he would want in a partner!

She was a monster! Something that only cared for itself! And if he let her get to him, he already knew that he would be betraying himself and so, he simply could only ignore her seducing methods…

 

 

…As much as Sharlae worked hard at tempting Nathanial, there was just no clear headway!

She wanted to think that she had gotten somewhere every morning as that man clearly held her to him but upon him waking up…The headway she thought she was getting seemed to disappear completely!

It really was unbelievable…

After a few weeks on trying to seduce the man that was her master, Sharlae couldn’t help but lose her courage.

She just simply didn’t understand!

How was nothing working!?

 

Did her master only want a male? Did her master only look like he was a man and didn’t have anything down there?

Sharlae investigated and watched upon Nathanial’s attitude towards his own sex and did not see anything that showed that he was that type of person. Next, she went as far as feeling the man up, taking his clothes off in the middle of the night to make sure that the thing between his legs was real!

He was a man…

…Then what was she doing wrong!?

 

“I can’t believe you!”

Sharlae turned away from him and shrugged, “I just thought that…You weren’t…”

“What…A man!? Are you crazy!?” Nathanial shrieked out, holding his bed blanket to him like a little girl.

Sharlae frowned as she looked out the window and rested her head on top of her hand.

I just don’t get it, she thought.

“Get out! Get out now!” He yelled but Sharlae didn’t move.

She really was out of ideas…

What should she do now?

The idea of going to bed with this man seemed to change her whole view of the days going by…It had been somewhat…Fun…

But now, now she felt like she was only half a woman!

 

Should she try to sleep with someone else?

If she slept with someone else, seducing them…Would that make her feel better?

If she did that, then wouldn’t the problem be with her master then?

But then, what was wrong with him to not want her!?

In anger, Sharlae slammed her fist down on the window shelf and got up.

She angrily looked at Nathanial and spouted out, “You aren’t even a man!”

Stomping out the door, she huffed and sat down. She would prefer to walk away, run away, but she couldn’t because of the enslavement!

 

She felt so embarrassed!

Before, when she had been with the Dragon King, she had saved herself for him…For all those years!

Now…What was she doing!?

Did her body being played with by her master’s beforehand make her to be such a person…She might as well work in a brothel!

Putting hands through her hair, Sharlae shook her head.

I give up, she thought.

Whatever it was, her master seemed someone that she couldn’t seduce. So what if she couldn’t seduce him!? She wasn’t a wanton woman!

Never will she lay a hand on him again!

 

***

 

Nathanial couldn’t believe the sudden change in the serpent beast.

He had been so angry that he had wanted to really…Pinch or…Slap that woman’s butt but…She suddenly turned into her old self again.

It was too strange!

With her constant loitering around him, he…Must have gotten used to it!

Now she rarely said a word or looked at him!

What, is she going to seduce and walk without…Without…

 

What a problem this was!

Upon waking to find the serpent beast laying on her own in the corner, not on his bed, Nathanial put his hands to his eyes.

He was tired…

Why was he awake in the middle of the night!?

Turning to his side, Nathanial felt irritated just having looked to see where she was!

Just go to sleep, you idiot! He stated quietly to himself.

Yet, as the nights went by…Nathanial found himself alarmingly lost for sleep…

He was making mistakes after mistakes and he could only sleep when he was truly exhausted and yet…All she did was…Nothing…

 

 

“Nathanial, this is really…”

“I’m sorry, I will make up for it, I promise…” Nathanial stated, lowering his head in shame.

Having made that many mistakes, Nathanial had not only talked to one type of Beta leader, but now three!

This time…It was their Alpha Master!

“It has come this far…You must once again prove yourself. Pick a task that are there for us to do and don’t come back until it’s done!” The Alpha Master stated.

Nathanial inwardly cringed and looked over at the side, to see a few pieces of parchment that would hold jobs.

These jobs weren’t easy, they were mostly done by those that were warriors in the pack…Why…Why did he have to do this again!?

…The last time he had done a job, he had almost lost his life…

 

“Serpent beast!”

Nathanial had started to walk over to the jobs when his Alpha Master called out to his slave.

What was going on?

“Alpha Master.”

Seeing the serpent beast remain calm and collected, not looking at anyone, seemed to make Nathanial more angrier and he went on his way to pick a job.

“…Nothing…Keep to your Master!”

What was all that about?

She had to keep by my side! It was part of the enslavement!

Why…Why would the Alpha Master state such a thing?

 

As much as Nathanial tried to work out what the Alpha Master meant by talking to the serpent beast, he couldn’t understand it.

It doesn’t matter, he tried to tell himself, all he had to do was a job and not make mistakes again!

Deep in his mind he knew that something had changed though, he wasn’t sure of what it was, but it felt like times had changed and he felt out of place now…

Focus!

Taking a breath and stopping himself from thinking more into it, Nathanial focused upon the jobs on the table.

 

The jobs mostly entitled that of being sneaky, which was something Coyotes were good at, but there were some big jobs that meant more work upon being clever as well.

‘Food substance’, this job was obviously in obtaining food for the pack. This job could be done alone, if it wasn’t for going for large prey. Since they were human, with creatures, most of the time they didn’t have to actually hunt for their food. But…The pack was not too small anymore, and this job was always here, with other jobs, as food was something used often daily.

A coyote, known for being sneaky, could possibly steal food from others or steal it from the markets. We didn’t have all that much money within the pack and the job was here to state that the food that would come back on completion would obviously be free and with no one coming to them in anger of having something stolen from them.

 

A long time ago, Nathanial had to get food, but he had ended up buying it with money. It had been a bonus to not have anyone come to the pack angrily, but it was not something that a coyote did, which only implied more bullying upon his return.

He had the creature of a boar, not that of a coyote. He rarely acted like a coyote, but it was in his blood, he could do it if he put his mind to it, it just wasn’t natural…

Should he get some food? Did he have enough money or was he really going to steal it or hunt for it?

Thinking that it shouldn’t be a job that he would lose his life for, Nathanial came to the conclusion that he would do this job if there was nothing else that would be easier.

1