Volume 2, Chapter 3
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Golden Tribe!

 

Another job that was on the table was ‘Surveillance’, which was also something that rarely left this job table.

Obviously, the coyotes had natural enemies and the creatures of coyotes could not get along with the creatures of wolves.

The surveillance job was obviously going down the trails on their land and keeping an eye out for their enemies or competitors. Most of the time the surveillance was done by a few Beta’s and warriors within the pack, because of the chance of getting into a fight. Cougars and bears weren’t as close to their borders as the wolf pack, so they didn’t go searching for trouble with them but that didn’t mean that no enemies were close by.

Where they were living, seemed to be more of a grassland with a side that had a rocky mountain, that held one cave.

The cave was where the coyote Alpha Master always stayed and then outside of that they had built homes for the rest of the pack.

 

The wolf pack that was to the west, for the most part they had stayed to their own territory but…There was also a fight every now and again. It could be a lone wolf that just wanted to show their strength of their creature or that of someone looking for trouble!

They didn’t get along well but since the wolf pack had a lot more area then they did, it was a reason why the wolf pack didn’t attack them more then now.

Nathanial knew that the Coyote pack wanted more land, but they were currently stuck as no better option was available at present.

 

They had been so small, many years ago. Yet, when the Dragon King had chosen them to be the ones that would enslave the serpent beast, they had been able to obtain more land and so, being as big as they are now was already pretty good.

It was like a protection for them, back then, to be the masters of the serpent beast but…As time goes by, things are forgotten and so, with them still gaining numbers, they couldn’t stop some of their acquired land from being taken away by the wolf clan.

 

Nathanial doesn’t know the implications of it but he was sure that if they had just let the serpent beast come out, the wolves might think twice upon trying to take land from them…Unless…The coyotes were keeping the serpent beast a secret…

It was already somewhat understandable to Nathanial that the serpent beast was indeed something that was a mystery as…Not only has the serpent beast’s name vanished but that of where she is. Whether it was because of the Dragon King that had told them to keep it quiet, which doesn’t completely fit what happened years ago with gaining land, or that of the coyote’s Alpha master’s own decisions, it seems to continue to be secretive.

Then…Why was he being told to do a job that would take the serpent beast outside of these closed doors?

Were they that confident that the serpent beast will not be found out or was it that they didn’t care if she were found out?

Whatever the case, Nathanial didn’t question it, he was after all loyal to the coyotes and will do what as what is asked of him.

 

There was one thing to be proud of though, and that was they were still better off than the bobcats to their south. The bobcat families weren’t much for gathering together as one, so they were scattered, but they were somewhat protected and weren’t easily targeted. The bobcat families had been around for a long time and had specific means to obtain reasons to never be the target for a war between them and coyotes.

The job that Nathanial had trouble with in the past, was indeed surveillance over the bobcats.

He had never thought that much would get in his way, as he was part coyote due to his mother, but he had indeed gotten into trouble!

Was it because his creature was that of a boar instead of coyote?

It was also a question with the serpent beast as well as he remembered her as a bit unwilling to deal with ‘those dirty creatures!’

 

Because Nathanial had not wanted to order the serpent beast around, not wanting much to do with her after she had killed someone just a year before that, he had almost been killed, left for dead…

The serpent beast had not done anything to help him until he ordered her too and then afterwards…Even though he had been grateful for the help, he felt like he had asked for too much and hated that the serpent beast had teased him about nearly losing his life.

She had been right though…He had ordered her to help because he had no other option, in which made him look weak.

With these memories coming to him, Nathanial did not want to do a ‘surveillance’ job!

 

There were a couple of other jobs, like that of messenger to the countries King and to other packs that weren’t our enemies. These messengers were only that of any updates that the pack may have, perhaps asking for something or telling that of secrets.

Nathanial became intrigued with the idea upon becoming a messenger, as he rarely ever left the coyote pack and it would be nice to have a trip away.

He wasn’t complaining, he loved the children that he looked after, but…He did want a break and go see something that perhaps he hadn’t seen before.

 

Now that he had chosen what type of job that he wanted to do, Nathanial looked at the two ‘messenger’ jobs there and didn’t know which one to take.

One took him to the capital, the other took him into another country all together!

Both were completely far away from here and for an instant, Nathanial was a bit worried.

He didn’t know his way around either of those places!

Taking a breath in, Nathanial decided on the job in the capital, so then at least he didn’t have to leave the country!

 

Turning, with his job in hand, Nathanial somewhat bowed, “Alpha Master, I will be going to the capital.”

The Alpha Master narrowed his eyes and frowned, “No, choose the other one!”

Nathanial looked at the Alpha Master blankly and before he knew it, he was being yelled at!

“Do the other one! What are you waiting for!?”

An Alpha aura spurted out, knocking Nathanial out of his shock and making him do as asked. He put the capital messenger job down and then picked up the other that would take him out of the country.

 

He had not really wished to go so far away…

And…Why was the Alpha Master so determined for him not to go to the capital?

There has to be some sort of secret, some sort of reason why…In fact, in all this time, Nathanial had not once gone to the capital.

Was the Alpha Master really stopping him from going there for a reason?

If that was the case, then why?

 

They were currently in the country of Ceptily and the long-time rulers were those with the lion creatures.

The rulers may lead extravagant lifestyles, but it didn’t mean that they weren’t bad rulers. The Lion King was commendable at being a leader and had been a King for near fifty years now.

So…What could be wrong that he couldn’t go to the capital?

Nathanial could only guess upon why because he had no idea upon the real reason…Unless…Was it because of the serpent beast?

Maybe, when he comes back, he should discreetly find out if any other masters of the serpent beast had not gone to the capital too…

 

“Then I will be gone for some time then, Alpha Master.” Nathanial stated, before leaving the front of the cave.

The serpent beast followed after and said nothing, but Nathanial wondered if she were questioning things as he was.

There was just too much going on in just one meeting with the Alpha Master that he could only shake his head and sigh. He will just do as he was told!

Going back to his place, that was a good ten minutes or so walk from the cave, Nathanial quickly dropped by a posting area to get a map beforehand. He needed to know the best routes to get to the other country of Rosna.

 

Rosna was to their south west, whereas Questro was to their south east. The lion creatures didn’t have any type of want to invade upon the lands of Rosna, simply because half of it was water.

Normally, water isn’t part of a country, as it would be a sea instead, but with Rosna, and all the people that lived there with aquatic animals, some of the sea was part of the country.

But that was practically all he knew about this country of Rosna, so Nathanial knew very little upon where he was going.

His job was to state the matters of affairs of Ceptily, mainly that of the coyote pack, which Nathanial took that as Rosna and Ceptily were either Allies or on peace terms.

Not being able to read the letter, Nathanial wondered if every pack or heard or family did this for Rosna as well…

 

Not knowing much of Rosna, Nathanial was sure that Ceptily was trying to keep on good terms, so that there would be no need for war.

It was strange how these circumstances can take place because Nathanial looked up to the mighty Lion creatures, yet they still seemed afraid, so it was just…Weird…

I guess it’s understandable though, Nathanial thought, the lions wouldn’t be able to attack in water…

Probably most of Rosna’s population was in the water and who knows what kind of dangers were in it!

 

Grabbing the rest of his stuff, that he’d need upon this trip, Nathanial then left his house, sighing once, before walking towards where he had to go.

He had no idea how long he’d be gone…

There would probably be a quicker way to get there, as he could order the serpent beast to fly him there with her golden wings, but…Nathanial had too much pride to do that!

He still felt strange upon their relationship, even though she was the same as she ever was again.

…If only she had not tried to lure him into seduction, he would feel better, but now he felt like he was abnormal!

 

After an hour walk, Nathanial was now climbing through more lush land because he was getting closer and closer to the water’s edge and out of the coyote’s land, but Nathanial was already starting to get lost.

He didn’t want to admit it, but it seemed obvious that he had lost the original path that would lead him to the borders of Rosna.

The path had not been the best but…Where had he lost it!?

Wouldn’t it be terrible if he had lost his way so soon!? Especially when he had a boar creature who were pretty good at following trails!

Determined to look as though he knew where he was going, Nathanial continued to what he thought would lead him towards Rosna…He was just taking a more indirect route!

 

You could say that Nathanial took the long and harder route, having to move many long leaves or get soft dirt under his shoes where he would slip.

It wasn’t for another four hours, where the sun was nearly gone, that Nathanial stopped and decided to camp for the night.

There didn’t seem to be fresh water, so Nathanial could only sip at what he had with him, hoping to find fresh water the next day. Then, there really wasn’t a good place to sleep, as the dirt was soft, but again, he didn’t want to admit his failure of being unable to follow the path!

 

It was all too obvious to Sharlae though!

She was really starting to get to know this man and knew that he was tough headed.

Sharlae didn’t know why she didn’t tease him about this though. It was almost habit to tease him about anything yet…Ever since trying to seduce him, she had kept her mouth shut.

What seemed even more annoying, was that up in the trees would be a safer place to sleep yet, Nathanial was determined to sleep on the ground, making her frown.

 

 

What was it…

What was it that was keeping her up?

Looking at the sleeping figure of Nathanial, not seeing too much through the night, Sharlae observed the space around her and felt like the best thing to do right now was to keep an eye out.

The problem was, she wasn’t like some who had creatures that had good eyesight. That was probably her only downfall and with that, she intended to use heat as something to help her out.

 

She had been able to grow her eyesight to be better than what it was upon being younger than eighteen, so that seeing ‘heat’ in her eyesight could be seen a few meters away now, instead of that of one meter away.

Normally, the dark didn’t scare her, but she would be sleeping. She was not really one of the serpents that was active at night, like some others, and so…This was a rare moment for her!

Why was she so…Why was she staying up!?

It wasn’t like she was afraid, she was in the Immortal Realm after all!

But then, why was she…Still awake and watching over the area like a…Guard…

 

Shaking her head, Sharlae tried not to think of what she was doing was guarding.

Why would she guard this man!?

It was so ridiculous to her that she rolled her eyes and got into a more comfortable spot. Who cares if someone or something comes to hurt Nathanial, perhaps she’ll have some free time on her hands and even try to run away from anyone who’d want to enslave her again!

Yes, Sharlae thought, closing her eyes. She’ll sleep and…

A noise entered her ears then and so…She spent an hour watching a particular spot, all tensed up.

 

The noise had only been a toad or frog but…It seemed certain that this frog or toad was not just a normal creature!

Sharlae eyed this frog or toad for a long time and felt some type of connection to it, to some regard, and that made her worried.

The fact that she felt a connection, meant that this frog or toad could be as bad as being poisonous…That’s if she is thinking of a possible possibility…

So…Why was it here, still on Ceptily lands? Obviously, it should be a creature from Rosna or Questro, as Ceptily didn’t have frog or toad creatures…

They still had a few hours before the border…

Was it a scout then? Was its job to infiltrate and report back or…Worse?

 

If a creature acts ‘normal’, like that of having no human being a part of it, Sharlae thought that it would be alright but…There are certain giveaways to knowing the difference between a plain creature and a human’s creature…And that was nature and the sound of nature, which indeed was something Sharlae could see clearly, simply because she had been around for such a long time.

Nature had a very simple temperament, when compared against them. A human with a creature has intelligence, they have a reason for acting that might lead to that of being against what is known as ‘nature’. Nature will obviously do what is best to survive and reproduce, them being practically the biggest parts of their lives so, naturally, the frog or toad would jump away at the slightest thing that she may do, where as a human’s creature may not…

 

The other being sound, was that the sound this frog or toad was making was not that of a normal creature. Of course, it wasn’t easily for someone young to know this, but for Sharlae, she knew what a normal frog and toad sound sounded like, and for this specific ‘animal’, it was being slightly too quiet!

Her ears were really quite normal but with her creature being about to hear sound vibrations as well, Sharlae was sure that this frog or toad was trying to be as silent as possible…Which would not be normal for any creature that isn’t connected to a human!

So…This frog or toad…Was a human’s creature and it was indeed on Ceptily’s lands!

 

After an hour of continuously watching this frog or toad, it really did jump closer, scaring Sharlae.

In just moments, it was just a meter away from Nathanial and Sharlae jumped in front of it, “What do you want!?”

The small frog changed into human form and raised it’s eyebrows, “I thought correct. You were indeed staring at me, weren’t you!”

Sharlae narrowed her eyes at the male human before her, not daring enough to get any closer.

And…This person didn’t seem at all worried that they had been caught!

The human in front of her chuckled, “This golden thread of ours is interesting indeed.”

With a swallow and widened eyes, Sharlae watched the human even more eagerly.

“Join us! I’m sure that our Golden Tribe will take you in!” The human stated, looking at her with a smirk.

 

This wasn’t good!

It really had been the Golden Tribe!

They really did still exist!

Sharlae got over her astonishment quickly, remembering that the Golden Tribe had even existed before she did, and she had already had a slight inclination of thinking that the connection between them might have been the ‘golden’ connection. “Perhaps another time.”

The male human, pouted, “It has been awhile seen we have seen another ‘golden’ around…You know we can help you reach to Immortals Realm!”

Sharlae wanted to scoff, because she already knew this!

How does this person think she got to Immortals Realm in the first place!

Oh…That’s right, he wouldn’t know.

 

The human in front of her wouldn’t know what creature she was, he just knew that she was a part of the rare ‘golden’ strand of creatures. In fact, it was known that the besides that of the Dragon and Phoenix having a connection, the next best connection was that between that of the ‘golden’ connection.

There were still boundaries, like that of not knowing what creature another ‘golden’ one was without touching them or being told, but…The connection was undeniably pretty strong compared to many others out there!

Apparently, every creature had the rare chance to become a part of the ‘golden’ strand, but it was very rare.

And…This ‘Golden Tribe’ was indeed a tribe that would help any ‘golden’ strand creature to cultivate into the Immortal Realm. It was a simple idea, to which Sharlae herself followed for a while, and that was for the Golden Tribe to become the strongest Tribe and leaders on the planet!

1