Chapter 23
56 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dammit!

Not only do I have to try and prevent this explosion, but I have to try and get that person away from everyone else!

First things first…Get the ‘green team’ and myself out of here as fast as possible! Then, perhaps, come up with an idea to get the red team out of there or…Or get the one with the bomb…Or…Dammit!

I’ll think about it later! I don’t have the time to dilly dally right now!

Taking a deep breath, I try to smile and no longer look at the place where the bomb was, just thinking now that I should not stare directly into the Shifter that has the bomb, as it might set them off!

 

My worries didn’t quite end at that, as even when the door was shut, holding in the Shifter that had the bomb, I was dead certain that we could not keep him there! Not only because there were other Shifters that could die, even though they were ‘red’, but…As it was, four of these people got out, so…What if he somehow got out of there like these others did! Oh right, I could just ask!

“This place is restricted for the time being! Lock it down! Get more people to guard those inside and not under any circumstances…Is the King to come here! And you…” Pointing at the person that I called ‘Mr Muscles’ earlier, I continued, “Tell them how you got out before so that it can’t happen again!”

Not only did the guard Shifters look at me stunned, but so did the people that I had just taken from that particular place. I suppose there could be several reasons why they were stunned but…Please people…Now is a good time to do as you are told!

“My Queen…Is…”

I looked at the person that was just talking to me and tried to nod calmly at him, “For the moment, those people I have left there, have been left there for a reason. As for you people.” I looked at each of them and then let out a carefree smile, “I want to ask you a few questions!”

 

Seeing a few blinks, a few of them look taken aback and then a few frowning, it made me laugh.

For some reason, I finally feel like I have done something extremely helpful to my mate! With what I just did, we were not only helping the Shifters, but also finding out about the danger of that place and I almost laughed to my gift that I should have been using for this cause sooner!

I had just potentially saved about twenty or thirty from being put through a lot of drama, when innocent. I’ve lowered the chance of death for these people, well with that bomb anyway…And well, it might also help us, as these people may become fighters or something for the war, instead of being coped up there in the locked up spot so…Yeah, I did a good thing!

Ah, I couldn’t help it, I smiled, feeling pretty good about myself! I just knew it, I knew this would make my Rexxie happy and so…It made me happy too!

Right, I was finally walking the footsteps of the Queen!

Letting out a laugh, I stopped soon after, seeing the Shifters still in front of me…

 

“Hehe, sorry, it’s just nice to be of use to the King! Ok, let’s go somewhere where we could all sit down, hey!”

And where there’s no bomb!

Right, we should all leave here! What am I doing!?

Quickly, I started to walk towards the doorway to lead us out of there, again feeling worried about the bomb going off…

As I walked, I got lost to my thoughts for a moment, trying to remember more details upon the small fragment of future that I saw, that may indeed come true…

 

The bomb did go off in that future ‘glimpse’, but…Really? Is that all you’re going to show me!?

There’s no ‘where’ or ‘when’…Nothing!

Utterly useless gift!

I wanted to spit!

“Sorry if I’m rude here…My…Queen, but is there…Someone else we could talk to?”

I stopped walking, stopping myself from ‘spitting’, and looked at the person, who must feel like I was inadequate for them, and smirked, “Who do you think let you out of that place and willing to add you into the pack or trust you to go into another?”

 

“Was it not His Majesty the King?” The Shifter asked, pretty sure of his answer.

I shook my head and pointed at myself. “I did! So just give me some of your time and trust! I just want to ask if you want to be initiated into our pack, ask if you have any talents and perhaps a few more questions, is that alright with you, Mr Doubt? Mr…Paranoid…”

In an instant, the person bowed down, and I frowned, why are they bowing all of a sudden! “Get up!”

“I beg for forgiveness, my Queen! I am wrong, I must be punished!” He yelled out, unwilling to get up with my help. As much as he thought this girl as weird, he couldn’t let go of the chance! He didn’t want to go back there into that locked up spot! He wasn’t going back!

Wow, I thought, he’s going the whole nine yards! “Get up I said!”

Ah, he’s heavy!

 

“Sweetheart, what…What’s going on here!?”

Turning, to see my Rexxie, I widened my eyes and ran towards him.

“Get out of here!” I state, pushing at him as soon as I came into contact with him.

“What…What’s wrong!?” He asked, automatically panicking to my panic.

Seeing that he was willing to go with me, I take his hand and quickly turn to the Shifter guard behind me, “Bring them too, but don’t touch the ones still inside the locked area!”

Without further ado, I race away from the area, scared that there would be a sudden explosion yet…Forgetting that no one else knew that there was a bomb in that place so…I looked really stupid right now. So many wanted to know what exactly where they running away from!?

 

 

After a minute went by, I stopped and Rexxie let out a small laugh, saying afterwards, “What is it?”

Seeing the Shifters that I had ‘saved’ still following, coming to a stop like us, I got closer to Rexxie, “In the locked area, with the people coming from other packs outside, I am pretty certain that there’s a bomb.”

Rexxie became serious straight away and looked at me with incredulous eyes, “And you were in there! What if it had gone off!”

I pouted, “I didn’t see it until late and…Wouldn’t it be after you, not me?”

“I don’t care, I don’t want a bomb anywhere near you ever again!” He stated like the stubborn King he was…

I sighed, perhaps I shouldn’t have told him about what had happened to me ages ago, with the bomb being in my shoulder and all.

 

And, just as I did, Rexxie made sure that the area was locked down well and to not let anyone near the place without his approval.

“Your…Your Majesty!?”

Finally, someone from the ‘green’ team had the courage to speak.

“…And you are?” Rexxie asked them, making me smile.

I stood in front of them and then came close to whisper to him, “They are green! I was going to offer them a place in the pack and find out how they could help us!”

Rexxie pulled me away, to look at me with his oh so dreamy eyes, and I got lost…

 

As I was lost, Rex was suddenly aware upon how his mate’s unique gift could help him so much with this particular problem!

He didn’t know how he was going to deal with these Shifter refugees!

Having been unsure whether to trust them or not, he had no other choice but to place them into a big holding area for now, simply too busy…

Probably because he didn’t want his precious treasure to go anywhere near the untrustworthy Shifter refugees, he hadn’t thought of her gift but now…Now that she had gone there anyway, this made him feel slightly better to those Shifters.

He knew that they could turn if he let it go too long but…As he even thought, there were some untrustworthy Shifters and…On top of that, there was one with a bomb!

Thank god, he thought, thank god that they had not just trusted them straight away! Thank god that they had gotten innocents out and that they have blocked off any path from there…

Now he could sort this out a bit better!

He loved this precious treasure so much!

 

 

“…Take care of this!”

Blinking and taking a breath in, I mumble, “Uh?”

Seeing him smirk at me, I got out of his embrace and tried to not get distracted, “Can you repeat what you just said?”

Rex laughed and nodded at the guard, taking me into his arms again and leading me away from the people for a moment, “Thank you, you really had done well, my dear Queen!”

Putting my head down, all I could mumble out to his sudden compliment was, “It seems everyone is calling me Queen nowadays.”

Ah, I felt so giddy! I really did help Rexxie, he really was happy!

I wanted to jump…Do a dance…

I wanted to shift!

Right! Shifting it is!

 

“Hang on!” I heard Rexxie state, making me realize that he may already know what I wanted to do!

Rexxie spoke a few sentences to someone else, while I took in his scent and was sure that he was wanting to shift…Just like me!

Ah, so he was probably trying to get some time, was he? Is that what he’s doing? So that he can run with me?

And look at him as he barks out his orders, really so dreamy.

Actually, I never cared too much for Kings, real or fantasy. They always seemed to have a major lacking virtue that didn’t fit well with me!

They always had a flaw, whether it was greed or not having enough power on their side, or too much power…Or something else! It just never got me interested…

But look at this magnificent man, hunky, charismatic, oh…

I was really growing up…I don’t know what was stopping me before, but now, more and more often, I was able to lose myself to romantic feelings like this…

 

I don’t know how long it took me to snap out of it but by the time I did, Rexxie had taken me out into another opening, that was obviously not in the direction of what they thought a bomb may be.

And then his wolf was licking me, making me feel strange…Simply because I liked the attention but didn’t particularly like how I was getting it!

Immediately I shifted to my wolf and pounced on him, letting out some playful type of noise as I grab hold of some of his furry skin.

Yeah, that didn’t last long!

I don’t know if it was just me but when I wasn’t fighting for my life, I didn’t care too much for grabbing onto hair like this!

Trying to spit any hair out of my mouth, and probably making a weird face to feeling hair in my wolfy mouth, I heard noises from the wolf beside me…

He’s laughing at me…Yeah, I saw! Alister and Rexxie both are laughing at me like I was some sort of circus!

 

***

 

After a play had been had, the ‘green’ team was then initiated into the pack, under my command and watchful eye, but they were given some trust just because of me.

And for that reason, I volunteered to watch the people, but it seemed that small bit of trust had gotten a lot!

Many of the newcomers were very happy with what had happened, by participating with anything that they could be of help with, especially that of fighters for the war, and then…There were a few that were a little harder to obtain their happiness.

It wasn’t like they were thinking terrible thoughts, it was more like they had either friends or family that was still in the ‘red’ teams place of holding…Which was something that I could do nothing about…

 

It wasn’t a simple matter because in one case, one that was green to begin with, then fighting for one within the ‘red’ team, they started going red themselves!

I couldn’t tell them that I was doing all this based upon what I see!

I couldn’t tell them that the King himself trusted this ‘sight’ of mine…

All I could do is tell them what the King had decided himself and that was the ‘red’ team was left to the King himself and that I couldn’t make anymore decisions about the Shifters left behind…It was a sighing matter…

2