Chapter 24
53 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had only been two days since I freed the ‘green’ team from the ‘red’ team, but the ‘red’ team had been talked about twice already…Making me have to wiggle myself around the subject and try to change from it as soon as possible.

Otherwise, I had been able to get half the people into where it could be best for them to help out their ‘new’ pack.

Since there were so many people in their pack, I was able to link them to myself, so that I could keep a better eye on them, but it still was not fail proof. I might be able to read their minds, if they let me, or feel their whereabouts but it’s not like I could control them or their thoughts…

 

I’d like to say that I was someone that put in a hundred percent into my jobs, or whatever it is that I do, but…Sometimes I guess I was lazy…

When it came to these Shifters and with the half of them already doing things, keeping an eye on them from time to time, I felt like my work was already half done…

The other half of the Shifters were still hanging around, having not been found interested or having a talent in something to do with the war, which was obviously something first looked at. Now it was seeing if they could do something else, something that didn’t really have anything to do with the upcoming war but obviously that took a bit more time to figure out…

 

It was a few days later when I was still truly doing what I was doing and watching the ‘green’ team, when I saw the difference of red over the horizon.

Perhaps, since it was a slow change, I hadn’t seen much difference from the first time that I had seen it but now, now that a noticeable difference was indeed seen, it was a sudden change that clearly meant that whatever was out there, was approaching faster…Faster than it was before…Faster than we had originally anticipated…

…I had to tell Rexxie!

 

It was just as I had started to travel towards Rexxie, that the earth rumbled beneath me. I could hear, not too far away, something like that of a building collapsing or whatever…

The bomb…It had gone off…

Wha…

Nether Rexxie or I had been there, why had it gone off? Wasn’t it so that they could kill one of us?

Did it accidently go off?

Perhaps they wanted to die and didn’t care anymore about the…Plan…

This was just another reason to run towards Rexxie!

 

 

In no time at all, I was at Rexxie’s side, breathing quickly yet hadn’t really done much to get to him…

Even me, even the way I looked, the way I was acting, Rexxie could feel it all and knew that something had changed. Before I could even say anything though, someone else ran in and yelled out the report upon what I already figured out.

“The bomb went off?” Rex asked. He also honestly thought it was mostly there to try and kill him, why had it suddenly just gone off?

“They are also getting closer…” Was all I said, breathing out heavily afterwards.

“…Right…” Rex stated, giving a nod or two, “Finalize the shelters, do another evacuation test!”

As Rexxie barked more orders out, where one after another would leave the room to do as been told to do, I came to stand by his side, taking his hand.

I know he was busy and had to be formal right now but…At least let me hold your hand, mmm?

 

More than anything, I just wanted to feel assured. Perhaps I just wanted him with me so that I can relax…Or…Well, whatever it was, I…

He knew, didn’t he?

Getting pulled onto his lap, even while there were still two others still left in the room, I melted into his embrace. Closing my eyes, I suddenly became aware of why I might have felt suddenly clingy…

The idea swept over me and I couldn’t let it go, thinking it to be true…

I might not be able to cuddle him like this for a while…And that was the thought that stuck!

Without further ado, I took his lips with mine!

 

Something big was coming, this war…

It was like five against one, we were surrounded and was it bad of me to only feel like I needed to be in his arms right now?

Placing my hands into his hair, deepening the kiss myself, I moaned out my pleasure.

This man…

I had the thoughts and mind of a woman, one that was much older than fourteen, yet a body of a fourteen-year-old…It really wasn’t fair!

 

I was lost. Lost to not just those lips, not just his scent, his aroma…

We were like two links that wanted to meet up and then make it impossibly hard to disconnect once again! Ah, the tingles…

I was so giddy just by kissing that I felt like I really could faint!

“Sweetheart, you really are amazing!”

His whispered words gave me shivers.

“Your feelings, your actions and thoughts…We are in an important time where I really should pay attention but…You fill me with such feelings that I can hardly contain myself!”

 

Rex was at a loss. He himself knew that they will not go much beyond this, even though his Queen had matured and even gotten her period. She was still young and both he and Alister had already agreed to wait…It’s just, he felt like he was filling up, filling up so much that the container that was holding his desire was growing and growing…

Perhaps he should step back for a bit so that he could calm down!

Or…Perhaps…

Rex couldn’t place what he just thought into words…It was more…

Because of the thoughts and feelings from his lovely to be Queen, he was wondering if perhaps what he was feeling was like this ‘teenager puppy love’ too…

 

“Your Majesty! It seems that there are indeed a pack coming from the north!”

“And to the south, Your Majesty!”

With one rushing in and stating what was last stated, I cringed to a sudden glimpse of seeing a small amount of smoke from a distance…And someone stating that it was time to go.

Argh…

Putting a hand to my head I tried to think more of it, having tried to remember most of it and came to realize that the smoke was from this complex…This place…

The bomb…Was it like the gun going off and they start…Start to fight?

“Sweetheart?”

The bomb…It was never meant for killing us! It was…It was to state the start of the war!

 

 

After that, things turned into a mad rush for just about everybody!

Woman and children who weren’t fighters or doctors to help out outside, went into hiding…Like they had planned. In fact, since they were already doing a test, it became the easiest accomplishment on this day…

Men who weren’t warriors or doctors turned into helpers, like helping the bomb area, making sure to put the fire out and to report upon any type of destruction…

Then, the fighters had to get to their posts, to which most had already been organized…

 

It was those who had not been organized properly yet ended up defending what becomes the ‘beach head’ into the complex, where upon the bomb had gone off. Yes, it’s determined later that this bomb had a weird circumstance to it that we never really thought of before…

It's a bomb…That’s what people thought, but really, it was a specific type of bomb that didn’t blow up in a circular type of way, no it was concentrated because it blew up in more like a sixty degree, instead of that of 360 degree…Because of this, the wall did indeed collapse which became the ‘beach head’ that I talked about earlier.

 

If one could see from a distance, like a computer, it would be more understandable upon what was going on. Put quite simply it was a fort, being the complex, slowly being surrounded from each side and one side in particular was indeed the ‘beach head’ strategy. That side, where already the enemy was slowly advancing through, was where the bomb had gone off. It was indeed the plan that Mallick had come up with!

He had bribed packs to help, bribed the rogues to help and even the humans!

Having to take so much of this time to achieve their alliance and give them what they wanted, Mallick was only able to start the attack just a two months ago.

First, was being able to implant someone with the bomb…To have them come here, to make a part of the complex become opened to them, so that now they could advance inside.

 

This plan had been in the works for so long that it was no wonder that it worked…It had to have worked, otherwise all these years of grovelling and looking like he was not an Alpha King, wouldn’t have been worthwhile!

No, he had put everything on the line for this moment and there was no choice but to surround this place and have the bomb work!

But…We were on the ground and casually being reported to upon what was going on outside, or inside…It was making our links to each other within the pack very hard to determine who to listen to the most! At this point in time, I understood the downside of being able to link to everyone…

Rex had more knowledge then me in this department and ended up only opening his link towards his top people in charge instead, but me…I was getting a headache because of this!

 

Through all the pain and voices in my head, it still didn’t make it hard to know when my father had suddenly died…

I felt it, probably more so because he was my father but, we all felt the lose of a few links, making us already very sad.

Rex looked at me sadly but all I could think of was that he shouldn’t just…Disappear like that!

Perhaps I just didn’t want to accept the truth, but I moved on, thinking that the link between my father and I will fix itself in time and that he’d be right as rain…In fact, I thought, my father maybe knew that I was having trouble with all these voices and volunteered to help me by ‘disappearing’…

That had to be it…

 

Yes, we were surrounded and yes, they had a plan…We just weren’t entirely sure upon what that plan was. The reason why it was harder to get the idea of what their plan might be, considering that things also happened very quickly, was because nothing was ever reported upon where the bomb ended up going off…It’s one thing to think that the bomb was still causing destruction, enough to still kill those around the area, but another to come to realize that perhaps the bomb was made to make that area the area in which becomes the enemies way in…And, as a good diversion to help us not think about it, was the humans that were coming straight for our front gate!

 

I was not surprised to the humans having tanks…I wasn’t surprised to the humans having guns and artillery. No, what I was surprised about was that they were aimed at me!

Why!?

What idiots! Do they even know who they are aiming at!?

Oh, there’s also Rexxie! What…

There are beep noises now to the continuous names that I call them…

“This is…Bigger…”

Bigger than we thought? More worrisome? Problematic? A predicament!?

I totally agree!

 

We were just people that could turn into wolves. We were a family, a pack, that had no want to destroy humans. We were not some overwhelmingly overpowered people that ruled the world! We weren’t sacrificing others to ‘gods’, we weren’t killing to express our power!

What the hell was going on!?

“Your Majesty, just as you thought, to the west are…Are rogues…”

And that was the last straw…We were indeed surrounded by everything that could represent an enemy…

We had to give it to him, that damned cousin of Rexxie’s! He’d done awesome in preparing for this war!

Humans, rogues and other shifters were against us…

Yep, you could say that our moral plummeted after that!

1