Chapter 25
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within half an hour of being completely surrounded, the attack came in waves upon waves and if it wasn’t for ladders that could just be pushed off the walls or ropes that could be unattached, we would have had a lot more trouble on our hands!

To the west, with their ropes and leaders, much like the east, was rogues and other shifters. To the south was the humans with their one big army and to the north, well, that was where the bomb had hit and…That too was where the leader of this grand attack was…Mallick was on his way in!

The humans with their tanks were charging in, taking full attention of that of Rexxie and I. We even had an elite guard to go out there in the mists of the enemy to charge blindly towards what was doing the most damage but…Even if we were able to stop the tanks, losing our members in the meantime, we still knew a terrible fact upon this war!

And that was…There was just simply no chance upon winning!

 

How had we thought earlier that we had hope?

How had we not even the idea, with knowing red upon the horizon, that it would have gotten this bad?

Even rogues…Humans…

Had we really never thought that running might have been a better option!?

Well…

Whatever…

I wasn’t in the mood to just lay down and let them trample all over me!

Looking at Rex, it felt like the war stopped for a moment.

 

“Not afraid?”

He took me into his arms, and I shook my head, “I’m with you.”

“Even in death, my dear Queen…”

I smiled and hugged him tight, “Mmm…”

That seemed to be the last point of holding the ‘front door’ for us.

Rex picked me up then and yelled out, “It’s time to regroup!”

Through the mind link, I heard Rex’s order of retreating, retreating from the walls to the back, closer to where all our hopeless women and children were…

The problem was…It became known to us that we had indeed already been breeched and so…We had to change our place of retreat to where the bomb had gone off.

For the moment, we had to hold the line there or the women and children would be in trouble…

 

Leaving a few people behind to plant our own bombs upon the ‘front door’, we left it for out last stand.

We were livid, with our loved one’s deaths. We were lost, with the fact that we weren’t fully prepared. We were sad and upset, angry!

With the impending and obvious future in front of us, we still did not let go of something that we had left in us. Whether it be revenge, or anger. Whether it be wanting to get even or to save someone in trouble, we still had something left…So, we still met with whoever was left, in what had become the ‘beach head’ into the complex.

They had done well…

 

The dead bodies on the floors were mixed.

They were the ‘red team’, the fighters that had been sent here and a few were even that of the enemy.

I thought it strange that war could bring people together in the most strangest of ways…When we are dead, it didn’t matter if we were laying lifelessly next to our enemies…Hell, we could be laying right on top of our enemy or them on top of us…But, we were dead, so it didn’t matter…

Does that mean that we will have to die to obtain peace and no longer have an enemy? Is that really the only way!?

For some reason, that made me really angry!

Whatever!

War…Peace…

 

War was death, territory and power! Peace is people getting along but really…What was beneath it all?

This war was because of someone not being happy with what he had! Peace, what kind of peace can become of this!?

No, peace is a word! It’s just a word!

Peace will not be found if someone is killed to obtain it! No that’s…That’s something else! That’s like forced-Peace or whatever! It’s another word, meaning something completely different!

What people need to learn isn’t peace and how it is obtained, because that is a dream! What people need to learn is to be more happy with what you have so that you don’t use other people to obtain what you selfishly desire! Perhaps then a war isn’t formed, to make people want to get revenge…It’s just like sickness…Prevention is the best medicine well…It’s the same thing for war!

 

Apparently, I was so high upon my own thoughts and opinions that I didn’t even realize my father’s body not far from where I stood…No, if anything, others were reading my thoughts and thinking similar thoughts. Some didn’t agree, some completely agreed and then some just didn’t care at that moment. Numb…Some were numb to feelings…

Having felt a family member die, or worse, a mate dying, numbness had hit a few of them and so thoughts of war and peace were not part of anything for them, all they knew was that they weren’t going to leave this pack and a fight was still going on, and so they fight!

That was all…

 

This was why I didn’t like to think about why’s so much…I didn’t want to think of questions, especially if there weren’t any answers!

With that, I felt instincts take me over, not wanting to think anymore!

Taking Rexxie’s hand, I bring him into me and suddenly, I felt…Bigger…

Without thinking about what was going on, even though others were thinking, I made Alister take command of the body and shifted him into a wolf.

It wasn’t like before, when Alister was in my body, no…This time Alister was twice the size, bring a complete halt upon the battle.

 

Not ever had anyone seen such a big wolf…

Behind you! I yelled, focusing upon the red and green surrounding us.

With no further words needed, Alister went to work, even though he was a bit in a shock to what had just happened.

Then…I’ll focus on healing…

Thanks, Isilesah!

It really was quite miraculous as Alister raged through the area. He didn’t stop and stepped on, bit and hit other enemy shifters, using his weight and height to his advantage.

But…Alister being so big was also a downfall as well, as he was a bigger target!

Since he became the target, being attacked by so many at a time, Isilesah really did have her work cut out for her but…It helped our pack out tremendously, as Rexxie finally started to understand what he could do while sort of stuck in Alister’s wolf form, along with his beloved Queen and Isilesah.

 

It really was a team effort that the pack became so thrilled about!

Their moral, that had plummeted down, did rise with this new…Transformation, and they were growling and jumping into the fight once again!

With a two earth shaking noises, it became known then that the humans had broken through the front door…To what was remaining of them, they will probably find out soon…Hopefully the bombs that they had left behind had damaged the human army enough…Hopefully…

This was…This was really their last stand…They had no where to go, they had only so many of them left, now surrounded…If they were defeated here, the women and children would probably die easily afterwards and then, this pack will be wiped away forever…

 

One big wolf, being the attacker, had his own healer, Isilesah. The wolf also had his own leader of the pack, who was Rex who told his pack members what to do, and his own…Well, I’d like to say I was some awesome…Helper? Green and Red seer? ‘Go that way’ chick? Bah, I’ll come up with a name for what I did later…

The problem was, things got worse and I had to stop helping Alister with where the ‘red’ was.

Bodies…Again it was bodies of all of us.

Now that humans had come into the complex, boxing us in, guns were going off and now half of us that were left here had already fallen to the silver…

Half…

So quickly…

The war felt like it had only just started half an hour ago, but it was getting to be at least two hours in now and it felt like there was no end to the enemies…

Again, I felt…

Dammit!

 

Without even thinking of how I was doing it, I brought in anyone that Alister came into contact with. With the connection of Alister, then the connection of Isilesah, I focused upon two things…Getting the pack into safety, which seemed to be inside of Alister, the wolf that was growing and growing in size, and helping Isilesah heal, by giving Isilesah whatever it was that was needed.

It hurt…It hurt so much!

I don’t know what was hurting, it wasn’t a body part…It was something else but…Since I had no time to locate where upon I was hurting, I didn’t know what it was that was making me feel so…Drained! So…Exhausted…Mentally!

…Everything! It was like everything about me was hurting to a point that I could hardly concentrate just on two things…Two…That was all I had to do, these two things!

 

As I focused, and as Rex became restless to what was going on and the obvious pain that I was showing him in this ‘mind’ of Alister, the fight outside was becoming more and more like a dream to me.

With Alister focusing upon trying to come into contact with the pack members, yet defending against attacks, it became aware to him that he was finished picking up any pack members when Rex stopped speaking…

It’s not time to worry for her, keep going…Isilesah went back to healing, focusing after stating this.

They all felt it…Everyone…Everyone who was absorbed into Alister could feel it…Especially Isilesah. They could feel something big was happening to their Queen, like a payment of some sort for being able to keep them alive like this.

If it wasn’t for the emotional pain that went through their link, the pack might be more surprised and overwhelmed to becoming a part of their leader but not one was thinking about how great it was to be one with everyone else inside this huge, gigantic wolf…Not one…

 

With such a huge wolf, one that could now just stomp on a tank and it would become utterly destroyed, the enemy was now mostly cowering in fear.

As much as Alister was swiping his paws, swishing his tail and stamping down on the enemy, putting their numbers down in just mere seconds, his heart was not in it at all!

Being the aim of every enemy now, Alister had to keep moving, making sure he doesn’t go towards their hopeless women and children. He moved forwards, sideways and when he jumped, everything seemed to go in slow motion for some people as they looked upon such a magnificent wolf that made them all think that this was a legend of some sort. Mythical…Unreal!

 

The enemy had lost most of their numbers now, showing a lot more fear, many remaining were already attempting to run away…

Letting out a majestic howl, Alister shattered not just ear drums but that of even building walls that were close by.

Something was wrong with his mate! He didn’t want to fight anymore!

Let us out, we are healed enough!

Yes, let us go!

My Queen, I am alright, let me fight!

As the enemy covered their ears, Alister stood there, most of his attention upon both Isilesah and Naomi.

 

Through my dream, I see these people telling me to let them go, so I do…I let them go and I smile to their willingness.

I liked having them in a place where they couldn’t get hurt but if they wanted to go, it wasn’t like I was going to stop them!

In my dream, I felt like a relief went through me as they slowly all got like this, wanting to leave me…

Well, it seems…They are all better now…

Breaking whatever it was between Rexxie and I, making us all go back to normal. I feel into blackness…Completely unaware of what was going on…

1