Chapter 26
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sweetheart…My god…” Rexxie had taken over and shifted, picking up his beloved mate.

In just mere moments, my body was shifted back into wolf and Alister could hear Isilesah.

She’s sleeping. Alister stated.

Rex nodded, hugging the wolf and feeling so glad that he could almost cry.

It’s not over yet. Again, Alister spoke to Rex.

Kissing the furry wolf in front of him, Rex stood up and saw that he was now surrounded by the pack members that were healed…

“Til Death, Your Majesty!”

“Til Death!”

 

Rex pat Isilesah, who was now standing beside him, and looked beyond his members, towards his enemies, and glared at Mallick.

“Til Death!” Rex yelled and shifted, charging directly towards his cousin!

Like an arrow, his pack members charged after Rex and Isilesah, their King and Queen, and not only was loyalty unbreakable but that of their bond…

They wanted to stop this war too! They wanted to help their King and Queen survive! They wanted this wonderful pack, of their family and friends, to survive!

 

Mallick tried to calm himself, after seeing such a loud and huge wolf and no longer able to hear, but seeing such a…Sight…

Why are they so fierce!?

They were even leading a fight out from their defence line…All of them! He could get someone to go behind them and kill the people that they were supposed to be defending! Why were they…

Seeing this, Mallick orders his army to attack on the side, to surround what was coming straight for him but…

Even with blood dripping down their wolf’s furs, with what looked like one having a broken leg…They were still fast…They seemed unfeeling…

Before anyone could start trapping us, we were already just moments away from Mallick!

 

 

Apparently, my pack members didn’t need to be told that Mallick was Rexxie’s target…They knew!

I suppose you didn’t have to be too smart to figure that out but…Yeah, we seemed to come together even now, as we all seemed to target someone different and straight away the enemy lost about twenty in our first attack.

The thing was, we kept going, running and running…

Whether it’s because they would never believe that we would have the courage or that they already thought of us as dead or…That they had stopped fighting because Mallick was now headless…The enemy stood there as we charged through their line.

And that is the story that I was told…

 

I actually don’t know the real details because I was sleeping.

Normally it is the wolf that sleeps but in my strange case, I was the one sleeping while Isilesah was the one awake.

She helped her mate out as much as she could, showing again and again upon how much she deserved the title of Queen. In fact, her being the colour of all wolves, it was like her destiny to have achieved what had been done. Our fate as human and wolf, as queen, as the mate to the King and able to do whatever it was that we had done…It was just…Fate…

Granted, we still lost people but apparently, we gained enough respect to have the enemy back off…Whether that is true or not I’m not entirely sure but I trust my pack members, even if some wish to achieve revenge…

 

***

 

I’d love to say that our win was remarkable, but it wasn’t…

I’d love to say that we gained more then we lost…But we didn’t…

What I had lost, for what I had done, was years of my life…

In just the first couple of hours after the end of the fight, when I was seen too, it was noticeable straight away that I was indeed in front in my years now. My body had grown, it was now mature, like an adult…What was not certain off, was how old my body was suddenly.

They took blood tests, skin tests and whatnot but the fact of how many years I had suddenly gained, or lost, is uncertain…

 

The doctor really was unsure of what to say or do, simply because Isilesah was still awake. So, it wasn’t like my body was in a coma, because Isilesah could take full control of my body.

According to Isilesah, I was fine and just sleeping but the doctor still felt like he could not determine much until I had fully awakened…

The problem was…After days, then weeks, things got complicated…

I was not waking up…

It was like I was dormant…Perhaps like a volcano?

Was my deed done now and I was empty?

What was I doing!?

 

The pack doctor did worry as it seemed that not only had my body grown and it seemed I suddenly lost some years but as tests had been done and done again now, weeks later, it seemed that the constitution of the body was slowly becoming weaker somehow.

At first, it hadn’t been seen but now the doctor does see that the body does not do some of its normal processes properly, or as efficient. As simple as eating and digesting food now took longer and there was even a chance that the food would be brought back up. Even something that wolves seemed to have naturally, like a fever and higher temperatures, seemed to bring Isilesah discomfort. There was even once, in just these couple of weeks, where she was sick with a cold!

It…It was like her wolf powers were nearly all but gone and that the body had turned nearly all back to human…Or was in the process of doing so…

Seeing that a healing process was not being used to help this situation, the doctor did indeed tell this to Rex, stating that his mate may have a weak body from now onwards…

 

When they question upon what had happened in the fight, they could only put it down to that being something that drained me to the point that I was put into some kind of stasis. They even wonder if I will sleep until the body goes to that of a full human, worrying both Rex and Alistair endlessly!

Rexxie hated that one half of his…Half, was not here but what was he to do?

He can’t bring sadness to Isilesah, because he wasn’t sad about her being awake…It was really conflicting and confusing!

 

 

The fight had indeed been a terrible loss and so, the pack had a lot of cleaning up to do.

Luckily this helped Rexxie be able to think less upon how much he missed his treasure…

Isilesah was brilliant, but she was Alister’s mate. Of course, Rex did love Isilesah, but…It really was a predicament!

Rebuilding, punishing, counting members, re-evaluating…So many things to do…

Before Rex new it, a year had passed, and he was starting to run out of things to keep his mind from wondering…Then…The strangest thing happened…

 

A month ago, Rex had gotten drunk. He had been alone at the time and what ended up as what he thought as ‘passing out’ was not as he had thought…

While he had ‘passed out’, his wolf had taken over and with Rex having no memory of it, Alister had been with Isilesah. They had been extremely good up until now, trying to keep their love from being too obvious but…It can’t be helped if Isilesah had a wolf moment of going into heat…Making Alister completely unable to stop himself from being with her.

…Rex had no idea…

None…

His lovely, precious mate was not awake but…She was pregnant…

 

It was strange. Rex was happy yet not…He was excited, yet not…

This pup, it wasn’t really his and Naomi’s…It was fully that of Alister’s and Isilesah’s!

What a weird predicament!

For most of this time, Isilesah had stayed in wolf form, actually, she was not able to take human form for very long or much at all, the meaning of that was unknown so…When he walked into see Isilesah, he couldn’t help it…He smiled…

Really…These two were such…

With a lick and nudge, Isilesah moved Rex’s hand to her abdomen and although he felt nothing, it was her stating herself that she was indeed pregnant!

 

Taking a deep breath, Rex lightly patted her area and felt like he was really missing out!

He and Naomi had not even been able to mark properly yet! They had not…

It simply wasn’t fair! Really, at this time, she was fifteen, which still wasn’t old enough for them as wolves, but her body wasn’t…The pack doctor thinks the body to be even beyond that of a twenty-five-year old’s…

You will be able to have Naomi’s pups Rex, don’t worry…

Alistair’s words made Rex frown…

 

Do you know something?

Alistair sighed, Naomi’s link between her and Isilesah has slowly been getting stronger. Isilesah thinks that if going by how long it has taken to get this strong, it may be another year before she wakes but…She will awaken!

Closing his eyes, Rex nodded.

She was going to come back to me, he thought.

Thank god!

Yet, with this good news, there was a strange question. It was pretty certain that Naomi was becoming completely human, so…How could her wolf still go into heat?  

 

It was just another question that pilled up with all the rest…Like that of how Isilesah was still awake when I wasn’t and how we had become such a large wolf…

I really was becoming more and more mysterious!

Rex had not told anyone that I had come from another world and that I had already lived over twenty years of life before coming here but it’s like he didn’t have to.

Even a story came out, becoming popular within the pack about the ‘Queen’ that was able to connect to everyone so well that she was able to bring them in as one and make them whole!

 

Then…Even though good news was heard about the pregnancy of Isilesah, it being unable to be prevented from leaking out, things weren’t so ‘great’.

Isilesah stayed as a wolf throughout all her pregnancy, and it was for a reason that seemed scary enough for all three of them.

It was indeed coming more and more true that Isilesah’s wolf like powers were almost completely gone now. She could no longer heal and there were moments that she would sleep for a long time and not walk around so much…

It was sad to see, this lovely queen stuck like this but the pregnancy took it’s toll upon Isilesah, making both Rex and Alistair decide that they would not have more pups, at least for the time being…

 

***

 

Some time later…

 

Rex was hiding.

He leaned against the tree and sighed.

It seemed everything was getting to him…Everything…

He missed her so much…

Every time he sees that little bundle of joy, Alistair’s and Isilesah’s Alpha pup, he gets sad.

He was happy, so happy it was scary but…

How had it come to this!?

 

Not long after knowing that she was pregnant, Isilesah found out that Naomi’s strength in her bond came to a halt…Which told Rex that Naomi was not coming back so quickly anymore, simply because of the pup.

It had made him mad…So mad!

But even with Alistair and Isilesah finally relenting into giving up the pup that they had created, Rex finally snapped out of it and said no. After that Rex has tried to wholeheartedly to accept little ‘Ryne’. In fact, everyone accepts little Ryne as the next King already, which doesn’t irritate Rex in the slightest…It really was great, but sad…That’s all.

 

Ryne considered Rex as his father, and that he was, but it was Alistair that took over many times upon Ryne being in the same room.

Alistair was being cautious, not wanting Rex to state that Ryne should leave. Perhaps he was scared for his offspring, but really, he had nothing to worry about. Rex had been shocked, yes, but it was okay. He told them that they weren’t to do it again, because he wanted Naomi to return faster and so the wolves agreed easily, wanting the same thing. And well, that obviously wasn’t the only reason, but it did give them more want to not do as their natural instincts desired…

Alister did miss the little troublemaker after all and, she also made his master happy, so…How could he want otherwise?

1