Chapter 27
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Frowning, to the sudden wall between him and Alistair, Rex wondered what was going on.

Sometimes this did happen, more frequently lately because of Ryne no doubt, but it just always made it obvious to Rex that they weren’t as one anymore and it made him sad.

Naomi…

Closing his eyes, Rex remembered times with her. From all the times that she was a newborn, to being a teenager…Every single moment, every single feeling…

He missed her so much…

“Rexxie!”

 

Engulfed in a hug, Rex opened his eyes to see the human form of Naomi.

Could it be?

‘Rexxie’, that is what she called him…

Was he dreaming?

Pinching himself, he saw the woman look up, “What, no hug?”

It was her!

Taking her into a strong hug, Rex couldn’t help a tear to form in his eyes. “…Sweetheart…It’s really you!”

If she had just laid there all this time, it might have been easier…Or harder but…Isilesah had been around…

“Naomi…Naomi! Don’t ever leave me again!” Rex stated, pulling away from her and looking straight into her eyes, “Promise me…Please…”

 

Yep, I was back…And my man missed me!

I bit the bottom of my lip, smiling, “What if I need to go to the toilet?”

Rex smiled quickly, then lost it, trying to be very formal and bland! “You know what I mean, little squirt!”

She was back!

Touching her nose, Rex’s eyes softened.

“So, if I want to go see…Knort…”

Haha, I can’t believe I remember that name! But what was weirder is that I can’t even remember the name of my own pack!

“I’m coming with you!” Rex stated.

Mmm, that doesn’t sound too bad…

For me, the fight was still only yesterday so…Getting away sounded like a great plan!

 

Seeing Rex bend down, putting a hand over my cheek, I looked deep into his eyes and could feel what he was thinking.

It was time…

Before he could ask, before he could do any kind of action himself, I jumped into his arms, kissing him.

“You just woke up…Are you sure?”

Removing his shirt, I nodded quickly, hardly able to contain myself, “Yep, totally! Completely! I want it all!”

It was about time we completed our bond!

With a simple movement of moving his hand to my head, his teeth came into contact with my neck and…

 

Letting out a big breath of air and holding his back tighter, I closed my eyes tightly to the pain.

Dammit! I want to scream but I don’t want him to think that I regretted it in the least!

Love you…I love you, I missed you so much!

Letting out a moan to his thoughts and feelings, his tingles, my eyes clouded over and could hardly see properly anymore!

Feeling his lips on mine, I put a leg up, jumping a bit and found his hand around my leg…Making me sigh…

Ah, and the other one!

Moving both of them now up, and hooking them around him, I found myself up against the tree.

 

Save me, my love…My Queen!

Save him? Save me!

I felt like I’ve been sleeping for all eternity! His thoughts and feelings surrounding me made me feel like I was dripping out of a certain area and god…

This is so…Totally x rated!

Rexxie…You’re a pervert!

Honestly though, what did I expect, he hadn’t gotten laid in all these years, it’s no wonder he was so…Ready…

Ohmigod…Holy shit!

 

 

Without my knowing, Rex had made the area completely inaccessible, while finally completing his bond with his mate. It also didn’t take too long before the pack knew that I had completely returned, considering that Isilesah and I were so different. I did question though, why I felt like I was being left out…I heard his orders…Rex’s orders…

I was blocked off by everyone as Rex wanted to fill in the blanks of my time sleeping, without others accidently telling me. Even Isilesah wasn’t talking to me, at least she told me that she wasn’t unhappy or anything, she’s just doing as she was told…

My return also made a lot of people happy, considering that they didn’t want me to die, so that they could live. The women and children know what I had done, as they are a part of the bond, so they felt that way along with the fighting survivors…The problem was, I really did have to accept the death of my father now…

I put in a lot of thoughts, closing my thoughts to anyone else at this time, and realized that whether he be my second father or not…I loved him.

 

My father had loved my mother, he had loved me and respected me. He didn’t say or do much I suppose but he was a part of my life and I did love him.

After seeing my mum so heartbroken, I really didn’t know what to say to her but…It wasn’t like she didn’t have anything to live for!

While I had been sleeping, my mother had the child that she had been pregnant with before the attack and the little boy was already nearly two years old now! Beyond that, I was still here, you know, her other kid!

But time really had gone by, and I felt like I had lost so much of it…

 

Was it worth it?

Looking at the place that they put my father’s ashes, I looked at my hands, then my breasts and sighed.

Didn’t I come into this life already having lived a life?

Why am I upset on losing time!?

That’s right, I thought, this is a second life! I am really blessed to have gone this far! Really, I haven’t much to bitch about! I really am lucky to have been able to have this life! I was able to mate, to have a mate, to see green and red, to still see the future and well, being able to become a wolf and have a wolf in my head…Oh, well, perhaps not so much becoming wolf anymore but still Isilesah, my best friend, was still there in my mind at least!

 

It became quite apparent, within just the first day of my recent awakening, that I was no longer able to shift, and I hardly needed a doctor to tell me that I was a bit different now, then I was ‘a few years ago’…Again, the fight only feels like yesterday for me but…It’s not!

Suddenly becoming ‘more human’ instead of ‘wolf’, it was a bit of a shock but, now that I’m thinking of life being worth it, I still think it’s great! Whatever!

So what if I can’t turn into a wolf again! But dammit, it was so good! I’ll really miss it! I’ll miss that tail so much!

But yeah, I’ll miss my daddy more. My daddy well be gone forever, at least…At least Isilesah was still here in my head but my dad…

Smiling, I nodded. My father was great, and I was glad to have known him!

And so…I left it at that, remembering every now and again about this father, just like my last. I will miss him, but my life will continue…

 

***

 

“Uh?”

Yeah, that’s it…

That’s all I got right now…

Uh?

“He was born while you were sleeping…” Rex frowned, looking away…Perhaps this was a bit harder than he had expected.

“But we hadn’t completed our bond…” I said.

Rex took my hands in his and interrupted me, “I know, I know. I was drunk one night and because Isilesah was mostly wolf, she was on heat…I didn’t even know until a month afterwards what the dogs did!”

Both wolves then spouted that they weren’t dogs…Making us smile slightly.

 

Only our walls were down now, not everyone else’s and I was not sure on what to think, glad for the walls…

Rex kissed me on the forehead and then my lips, “I…I had gotten mad and they nearly terminated the pup because of it…”

I widened my eyes to the thought and shook my head, “No!”

Rex softened his gaze, thinking the exact same thing…Whenever the idea of something being created with these two bodies would be terminated came up, he was also very unhappy with the idea. “And I tried to let it go but…They are still worried…”

 

Alistair and Isilesah tried to state that they weren’t worried but, it was easy to know that they were…Now that I knew, they waited to see what I will want to do with Ryne.

Smiling, I then pulled away from Rexxie and looked at the little one playing in the corner.

Rex didn’t let me go there alone and he sat down when I did too.

“Since he is the first son, he will…” Rex took a deep breath.

I saw it…

“He’ll be King…” I finished…

“…Yeah…” Rex said, putting a block together with another. On the other hand, I was stuck in a future sight…Perhaps the wolf democracy might have to wait that bit longer by the looks of it! Or, perhaps again, the best leader was going to be the next King…

That was worth a laugh!

 

Letting out a light chuckle, I take the boy in my hands and pulled him in for a hug, “Mmm, baby smell.”

Rex smiled.

Was it really ok? He thought.

“Yes, it’s fine. Actually, he is the best to be the Shifter’s next King!” I state, smiling.

Isilesah smiled inside my head and Rex looked at me with interest, “What’s going on?”

“He will be able to turn into a wolf early too. He’ll be the strongest! No more questioning alright, he’s our son and he will be the next in line.”

I held the boy to me and cuddled him. Even though I did not remember him being conceived or even giving birth, the child was mine. I felt it, I smelt it, he was our son!

You did good, Isilesah.

 

I felt like I was connected to the boy. I didn’t mean that as in because of a pack or mate…I meant it because he was more like me then any other. Was it because the boy will shift when he’s two, like me, or even earlier? Does he have the red and green sight?

I didn’t know but I felt a connection to him and so, he was most definitely my son!

“Rexxie, you really can’t remember that night?”

“Uh? What night?”

I rolled my eyes and cuddled the boy again, “I think maybe I urged Isilesah to seduce Alistair!” I laughed.

“What!?”

I laughed out loud and held the boy up, “You’re just too cute! What a heart breaker you’ll be!”

 

Whatever it was that let this boy to be conceived, even while I was sleeping, it didn’t matter.

Rex kissed me on the side of the face and smiled. “You’re right. He’s our boy. Our first born…”

Suddenly Rex stopped and looked at me, “I didn’t tell you.”

There was something else!?

“What?”

He got up, bringing up me and along with me came Ryne as well.

“Hey! What are you doing!?” I asked.

“We have to…Take precautions!” Rex stated, taking Ryne from me and starting to walk out of the room.

What was he talking about!?

 

After we left the place where we, the King and Queen stayed, I stopped and pulled at my hand.

Rex couldn’t bear to hurt me, so he stopped too. Actually, I went quiet, noticing how weak I was. I had not gotten free from his hold at all and I had nearly been tagged along like I was…A rag doll…

My strength was so noticeably different…

“Naomi? Sweetheart?” Rex immediately felt my feelings and I blinked.

It was fine! I’ll be fine! I’m just not used to it yet, that’s all…

If it wasn’t so obvious, the change that is, I probably wouldn’t feel so bad but it, to me, it was so obvious!

 

I swallowed and cuddled myself, again noticing how cool I was…

I was wearing the same clothes I used to wear, a shirt and shorts, but now, here in winter, it was just not enough!

Needing a moment to collect myself, so that I didn’t cry, I just stood there.

Rex could hardly contain himself to my feelings, he wanted to tell me how important and special I was to him but right now, he knew that I also needed time. When would it be a good time for him to tell me that however I am, it was fine…

Cuddling the woman that seemed smaller, even though I was clearly ‘older’, to his body, Rex kissed my forehead and waited.

1