Chapter 15
175 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sweetheart…It’s time to get up…

Uh?

In the next instant, I finally heard a vehicle that was coming closer and closer…

I hadn’t even heard it until now, but it was already nearly here!

Oh….

Rexxie shifted to his naked human form and I covered my widened eyes with my wolf paws as soon as I could!

…Whoa…

It’s fine, Naomi, it’s his birthday suite, nothing fancy! Don’t overreact!

I had to keep telling myself that I was only ‘two’ right now and that I should be acting totally different but…Yeah, nah…I wasn’t two!

I really really tried to console myself but really…I still wasn’t used to seeing naked men!

Hearing the vehicle slid to a stop, I felt myself getting picked up and smelt Rexxie’s scent, knowing it was him.

Shift, Sweetheart, it’ll be easier.

Tensing up, I uncomfortably moved to look at him and he smiled at me, “Don’t worry, there’s a blanket here.”

In that case…

 

I shifted and just as Rexxie stated, I felt a blanket go around me and we got in the car…Or ute…

“Sorry we’re late, Your Majesty. We came as fast as we could.”

I looked out of the blanket, to see the person in the passenger seat turn towards us.

I felt the anger in Rexxie’s aura and turned back to him, putting a hand to what I thought was his face.

Sadly, my eyes were still only seeing blurs…

Immediately, his aura changed, and he closed his eyes and put a hand over mine. “You’re safe. You’re safe…”

I didn’t know if he was really talking to me or not…

Was he…Consoling himself?

Feeling his arms wrap around me tighter, I snuggled into him more and felt completely at peace.

I hadn’t felt this much peace in so long!

Ah…So nice…

It was that nice that I was asleep in moments…

 

***

 

“Finish tending to her first.”

Hearing Rexxie’s voice, I blinked and squinted, trying to make out the blurry area in front of me.

“Sweetheart, you’re awake!”

Rexxie smiled at me and sat down.

I felt someone touching me and turned towards my shoulder, wincing when I noticed that it was painful.

A growl entered my ears and I turned to Rexxie, who had narrowed eyes to the one who was tending to my shoulder.

Giggling, I put my other hand out to him and poked him.

He took my hand straight away and played with my small fingers.

“…I’m so sorry…”

 

Hearing Rexxie’s deep apology, I knew that he regretted just by the sound of his voice.

He looked at me and then put his forehead down to my hand, “I’m so sorry, Sweetheart…”

I dearly wanted to just jump onto his lap and hug the poor bloke…But I couldn’t. “Sorry for what?”

“…You were taken, hurt…”

Raising my eyebrows at him, I nodded, “That’s right!”

Feeling and thinking of seeing him looking down and down casted, I laughed, “Was it you that let me get kidnapped?”

“Most definitely not!” He directly answered.

“Then was it you that hurt me?” I asked.

“Most definitely not!” He said again.

“So…You want to apologize for the people that did hurt and kidnap me? You want me to forgive them?”

Seeing Rexxie blink and look confused, I laughed again. “Silly!”

 

Showing a very mixed emotion on his face, Rexxie slightly smiled at his precious mate. “I am not silly!”

I laid back and nodded, “Yes you are!”

Hearing a defeated sigh, silence entered the room as Rexxie tried to understand what conversation they just had…

After another moment, he finally spoke again, “I’m sorry that I didn’t protect you and keep you safe.”

That was it, that was what he was sorry for!

Taking a deep breath, trying not to show that my shoulder hurt because of the other person doing something to it, I quickly said, “I get it, I’m your weakness and it might not be the last time something like this happens to me but…Rexxie, don’t misunderstand our connection. You don’t need to ask for forgiveness for something like this!”

 

“…Why not?” Rexxie asked, quite baffled.

He regretted not paying more attention, he regretted not putting more security around and not even attempting to add her into their pack…

Most of all, he regrets the kidnapping and not being able to get his most precious mate back for weeks!

I looked back at his blurred face, missing the more in-depth version of it, and smiled gently, “I just know. I’m an all knowing being and am completely sure that your forgiveness isn’t needed for this…But you know what is?”

Absorbed in her words, Rex intensely looked at Naomi, “What?”

Letting out a smile, I said, “To get that pack to kneel and say, ‘Naomi is all knowing, Naomi is all knowing!’ Hahaha!”

I don’t know why, but all that sad and bad time away just sorta flew away.

I was happy…So very happy!

And…I think I got him to smile…Yay!

 

Watching Rexxie shake his head at me and kiss my hand in his, I smiled, showing my teeth, “I grew, did you see?”

Rex lost his smile and again remembered what he had missed out on.

He knew he already had such a great gift of watching his mate grow up, but now he was greedy and not having her these weeks had made him angry, not just because she wasn’t around but because he wasn’t able to see anything new in her development.

Before, he was already taking it for granted, knowing what she was learning and seeing that she could run for at least a minute…But when she had gone, he was at a loss because he never knew anything…Nothing…

 

He didn’t know what she was eating, how she was treated. He didn’t know if she had grown or what silly thing that she had done that day.

He had missed her terribly and now…Now that she had said that, he couldn’t help but regret once again!

“Silly.”

My voice got his attention again and I watched as he looked at me with what my imagination thought as sad, puppy dog eyes.

“I’m not silly!”

 

Again, smiling gently at the big man, that was my mate, I said, “Have you heard of the saying, ‘Distance makes the heart grow fonder’?”

Rexxie frowned and didn’t say anything.

I rolled my eyes and simply said, “I was so happy to see you! I’m still so damned happy!”

With a huge smile, I looked at him…Only to wince and turn to the person handling my shoulder, glaring at him.

Again, a growl entered the room.

“Sorry, sorry, nearly finished!” The doctor stated.

Breathing out quickly, I turned away from the doctor, and said, “Good, because then you can do the King!”

“Yes, yes of course!”

 

Turning back to Rexxie, I smiled once again.

“You might not be an Alpha, but you are indeed my Queen!” He stated, showing happiness to her attitude and watching her easily tell someone what to do…But what he liked most of all was that he was in her mind.

She was obviously worried for him and wanted him to get tended to and to that he was extremely happy!

His wounds were already healing anyway, so all he might need was to clean some scratches, so that they heal faster…It was her that he was worried about. His most beloved treasure was hurt!

 

He knew that Isilesah was exhausted, so her healing was going to be a lot slower than his.

When his beloved, precious mate had fallen asleep and Alister and Isilesah had swapped back, they had been able to hide away for a couple of hours in a small type of trench.

Rex had let his beloved sleep and was even able to eat something, while hiding away…

In that time Alister was able to speak to Isilesah and had told her to try and heal, while she had the chance.

Obviously, after healing and then having to defend herself, she was not going to be able to heal once again so quickly.

Squeezing the hand in his a little tighter, Rex felt blessed to have them back…He was never going to lose her again!

 

Even with his struggles that he was having with the so called ‘throne’ was something he was willing to give up!

The problem was, he was someone that wanted the best for Shifters as a whole and knew that stepping aside was not going to make things right!

He had taken slight measurements already to make things better for Shifters and already he had received thanks…He was just going to have to become stronger and take proper precautions so that his beloved would not get taken again!

“A Queen…”

I was still dreaming over the word…The idea of it!

A Queen…

“Can’t I be a Princess instead? A Queen has more work to do!” I suddenly stated.

“…Uh?” Rex was at a loss for words…If she were a Princess, then he could only be a Prince…

 

I laughed, hearing the obvious ‘what the hell?’ in Rexxie’s voice.

“Don’t worry! Don’t worry! Queen is good, I’ll just demand time off every now and again then!” I said, waving my free arm about, only to make me feel pain once again.

Again, an apology was said after an angry growl was heard from a certain man…

“That one was my fault!” I stated, then laughed uncomfortably.

“Doesn’t matter!” Rexxie stated, still sounding angry.

I looked at the blurry figure of him and frowned, “Stop it! Really! It’s already feeling lots better! Geez, calm down!”

“Sweetheart?” His sudden change of voice threw me off…

What was wrong now?

 

“What?”

“…Don’t be mad, please…” I heard him nearly whisper.

“I’m not mad!” I said rather loudly.

“…It sounds like you are! And you were frowning at me!” Rexxie said, I was sure that he was pouting…Dam I missed my eyesight!

“I was frowning because you are making the doctor uncomfortable when there’s no need for it!” I said.

“He was hurting you!” Again with the pout!

Man, how long was it going to take to see this man properly? I wanted to see him pout so much!

“Sweetheart?”

Oh, I guess I didn’t respond to him!

“I was just picturing you pouting because I can’t see properly still…” I blurted out.

I heard a slight snicker and then the aura in the room felt chillier…

What was going on now?

 

“I’m finished, Your Majesty.” I heard from the doctor, yet his voice was very small.

Rexxie humphed and then the doctor continued, “At the rate that our Queen is healing, she might not be fully healed for at least another two or three days.”

The doctor was uncertain as he was not used to having little children having their wolves already. For a normal child, it would take months and probably not heal properly until they would get their wolves at the normal age. But I already had my wolf and so he gave an estimate, hoping he wasn’t too far from the truth.

 

“I suggest that she doesn’t walk around though, in the case of tripping or bumping into things and making the healing process take even longer.”

Feeling Rexxie let go of my hand, I then felt his hands under my armpits and felt myself drifting into his embrace.

Holding tightly to the man, I smiled.

“Thank you.” Was all Rexxie said, before I felt myself being taken away from the room.

“Oh baby! You’re back!”

“Mum?” I asked, looking at a blurry figure in front of me, just as I think as I left the last room.

“She’s still healing.” Rexxie said.

“I’m so glad you’re ok! Come and let me see you!” I heard my mum say but…I did not move from Rexxie’s side.

 

“She’ll stay with me.”

Looking at the blurred face of Rexxie, I snuggled into him, not having the want to go to my mum.

“Just for a moment, please, Your Majesty. Let me see with my own eyes that she is alright!”

“She’s mine!”

Putting a hand to his neck, I tried to calm him down, but it seemed that Rexxie’s message got through as my mum didn’t say another word.

I’ll hug them later!

Feeling myself being carried elsewhere, I heard my father’s voice soothing my mother but…I just had no want to be with them right now…

No, if anyone needed me, it was Rexxie!

I needed him to see that I was right here, with him…And not elsewhere without him.

5