Chapter 16
191 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fights between the packs continued but as two days went passed, I was already so much better than I was before.

I could see again, and my wound was practically gone.

Isilesah had not spoken much to me as she had been busy this entire time.

She had said though, that once she was finished healing, that she was going to sleep for a while, to regain all her strength back once again.

I could only accept this, which was alright I suppose.

She had been working so hard, she deserved a break!

 

Otherwise, after two days, I was able to leave Rexxie’s arms, as he had gotten better.

He had taken me everywhere with him and we were practically connected at the hip! I would obviously need to do personal business but if you don’t include that, Rexxie’s arms had become my bed, my room and my pillow!

I had no complaints though, I felt the need to let him do as he pleased anyway because if he felt better, then I did too!

And when I finally was able to get hugs from my mum and dad, my mum ended up crying and complaining, checking me over and over again and it was a tad bit annoying!

I could only sigh and try not to get mad!

 

Now having guards that were now forever by my side, I didn’t have to bother too much about where I went or what I did anymore.

I ran from my mum, to my Rexxie. I skipped to my room, to that of my ‘toys’ in Rexxie’s study. I laughed at the guards, annoying them like crazy and went to see my dad at random times.

For some reason, I didn’t pay much attention to the fights, I don’t know why but it felt like it was something out of reach for me at the moment and so I had no idea on what was going on.

 

It was when Isilesah woke up from a long sleep that I wondered if she were the reason that I was just happy being a ‘kid’.

Was it because I felt unprotected and stayed within the confinements of what I knew was safe?

Whatever it was, I felt so much better after Isilesah was awake and back to normal!

By then, a year had passed and nothing bad had happened to me…Well except that of my mum finding more excuses of me not able to be with Rexxie!

‘You need to do your schooling, just like every other child!’

Ah…I have already lived and done school…Hang on! That’s beside the point! I’m only three!

Honestly…I think there’s something wrong with my mum…

Maybe it was that time when I took over her body or something, but I think she was going extra crazy or something!

 

Only to make my mother feel better, and get to Rexxie sooner, I would get her to give me what I need to do and did it as fast as possible. Otherwise, she was nag, nag and then…Nag some more!

Ohmigod!

So annoying!

‘You need to try some sports, keep fit and train your wolf!’

Ah…I don’t like sports, I run around like crazy and my wolf is already experienced…

Why oh why did she want me to work so damned hard all of a sudden!?

She was…Treating me like I was…Older…

Wait…

Wasn’t this a good thing?

And so…

I could only make her happy and learn some defensive strategies…

 

Really though, I was still young, why was she making me do so much!? I mean, it’s nice to be thought of as ‘older’ but…Come on!

I want to do what I want to do, dammit!

But…This went on for another two years!

When I was five, I was stronger than any other five-year-old! I was faster, both in running and in figuring out solutions to problems. I was also doing grade ten work now! How much more do you want!?

I was…Thoroughly exhausted!

Running to my Rexxie, I jumped into his embrace and like always, he not only caught me, but he hugged me back.

There had been a few times he had been busy, like so busy that I willingly went to mum to let him concentrate.

I had tried to help with a few things, but it was not something that I felt like I could contribute much too, even though I had my wolf back to be a hundred percent again and a certain strange power of seeing red and green…

 

The fight was beyond me and honestly, I was sort of over it!

The Shifters were being cut in half, some here, some there, some changing sides and blah…Annoying!

Rumors changed things, stories changed things, fights changed things…

When was it going to stop!?

I started to even think it was immature and selfish!

One person wanted something and so all of us have to live this way!?

Not cool!

 

What seemed to have stopped though, was the disloyalty that was around Rexxie now.

I felt better seeing that there was no red around him and felt that there wasn’t much I could do at the moment.

Although, I have to say, I’m sure our fight together some time ago now had changed a few things.

They seemed to treat him better after that, and me, well I am their Queen after all. I was doted upon extremely well by many and no one had the guts to do anything to me…Except my mother!

“Sweetheart, is something wrong?”

Hearing my mate’s voice, I snuggled into him further.

I was getting bigger now, but nothing changed, I cuddled him a lot still!

 

“Mum…” Was all I said.

It wasn’t the first time that I was complaining, so Rexxie would understand.

“Mmm, then stay with me tonight.” Rexxie stated like a knight in shining armor!

I nodded and played with his hair, while Rexxie continued doing his work.

It sort of sucked that we had to wait for me to grow to bond the way Shifters do. The idea of Rexxie marking me had come up, because at least then we would share the beginning of a bond at least…But the doctors stated that he shouldn’t do it because it might make my rare case of getting my wolf early into something they can’t predict. Actually, it was obvious they couldn’t predict anything because this had never happened before but…I suppose I understand…

 

So…At the moment, I was just a normal part of the pack. I hadn’t been marked but I always had Rexxie’s scent all over me. I wasn’t a wolf either that went into heat, as I was still a child…It was confusing to not just me but also to everyone else!

And since I was in this type of predicament, I had started to become a subject to the kids here.

There wasn’t all that many really, but they were started to just look at me with scorn.

It’s not like I could just say ‘Stop it!’ and tell Rexxie on them…

I was mature after all but…It really was starting to get annoying!

 

I’m their future Queen, will they regret doing this!?

Were they really that jealous of me?

Or was it because I was an Omega?

What made them look at me that way?

I wasn’t a bad person…

I wasn’t unclean or dirty!?

I just…Didn’t get it!

 

Yet, they badgered me in an immature childish way and the adults let them be, probably thinking as I was and that it wasn’t a problem. Unbeknown to me though, it was something I had to deal with, as a learning curve to become Queen. Of course, I didn’t think that Rexxie was watching me this closely, even though he was still so busy…

At first, it wasn’t a problem, they just did their kid act, as I just continued doing whatever I wanted but…

It seems that me being who I was seemed to pay a price.

I was the only child that they knew that had a wolf.

I was smarter than them at the moment.

I was also their future Queen.

I was doing what I wanted, being doted upon by many.

But it seemed it was too much!

 

***

 

As I turned ten, things had started to turn worse for me, from certain someone that had it in for me.

She was older than me by five years and finishing what I had finished the year before in her studies and learning how to fight in human form.

Obviously, she couldn’t do much more, as she hadn’t gotten her wolf yet, but it seemed her jealousy had gnawed at her through the years and she finally started doing things that was deemed a problem to me.

After all this time of whispering into my ear of names that she hissed at me, it slowly turned to playing tricks on me.

I would suddenly loss what I was doing, whether it be a book I was reading or a pen.

Then, it turned into trying to trip me or even push me into another, where upon she’d have no other person see this, but I knew that I had felt her hand.

Not only I knew it, but my bodyguards did…But I told them to not worry about it, also saying that they didn’t even say this to Rexxie…Because it wasn’t worth it.

Well it wasn’t, this girl, I thought she would just grow out of it, mature up a bit, you know?

 

It was sad in my eyes, how her aura, or light I suppose, had slowly turned from green, to change to a near red colour.

I really didn’t need those dots though to help me out, I could see it without them!

But what had strived this little girl to go this far?

Why had she been tormenting me throughout all these years?

Having finally asked these questions seriously, I came to a few conclusions.

One was, she was an Alpha.

The second reason was that her family was relatively well known and well respected…

The third…She seemed to have some teenager, puppy lovely dog eyes upon my man!

 

Her being an Alpha didn’t seem to worry me, but she has used that against me many times already.

She was trying to break me down and to be honest, I am sure that Omega’s are implanted with some type of personality that does not help with being talked to like that, especially by an Alpha.

My wolf, head and heart tell me not to worry about it and for the most part I follow that but…There was a small submissive part of me that sometimes did seem to let her words get to me and I disliked it.

That I wasn’t worthy, that I was useless, that I would not bring anything good to being the Shifter’s Queen…

Blah, blah, blah…

 

Her family was a problem that I couldn’t change, so I had tried to not let that bother me either but…It seems her family have this power of letting her off the hook on small cases of me being pushed and they stating that they believed in her innocence. Of course, I didn’t make a big deal about it, but I saw this and found it to be a worry.

If things got more out of hand, Rexxie would be forced to be involved and I believed this was such a small thing and that he might even get upset about this.

On the other hand, how would I have known that Rex was just waiting for me to ask for help. He was willing to do anything for me, but he could only accept my answer as a way that I was trying to grow up. Rex didn’t want me to grow up so quickly, as it was their time together that had already slowly become less and less and now, he was even not being asked for help, he sort of felt hopeless…

6