Chapter 17
134 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If I had known that Rexxie felt that way, it probably wouldn’t have changed much really anyway. What’s there to ask for help for?

The girl was just…I don’t know, maybe she was getting her period or something!

But whatever it was, I was pretty sure that she had her family behind her, willing to let her do whatever she wanted…

Were they going to use their power for something?

I could only see a glimpse of the future from having thought this, but it wasn’t anything that I could understand so…Perhaps it wasn’t as bad as I thought…

 

I didn’t have a prominent family like hers, my mother and father were basically just workers but were known only because of who I was for the King.

Hers were of those who stood close to the King and were helping the King directly…

What sucks though, is that it seemed their family was starting to gain some courage and would eye me directly, basically daring me to tell Rexxie upon what was going on.

I didn’t though, I felt this beneath me in most respects and really did just continue on with my life but…

 

With her growing figure, bobbies coming out of her chest, whereas I hadn’t yet, I started to feel like I was really running behind her!

I was only eight!

I wanted bobbies!

I wanted that curve of the waist like she had too!

It wasn’t fair!

On the rare chance that Rexxie would come to get me, this girl would go up to him and try to flirt with him with those boobies and waist, like I wasn’t even there and that I wasn’t his mate.

This was really starting to become a problem!

 

***

 

On one particular day, I was just trotting around in wolf form when I stopped from entering into a meeting room where Rexxie was.

He sounded busy and so I just sat and wondered what else to do, wagging my awesome tail.

“Your Majesty, would you like to come with us, or you will head over when you’re finished here?”

Uh? Where’s he going?

Putting my wolf head to the side, I guessed that it was getting closer to dinnertime.

My mum would be calling for me soon in my head and I would, like many other times, make my way back home to eat.

“I’ll go there on my own.” I heard Rexxie’s manly voice and I let my tongue out to the sound of it. Even just the sound of his voice got me excited!

 

“I will stay daddy, His Majesty and I will come together!”

I heard a deep laugh and I pulled my tongue in, feeling hairs stick up. It was her!

That girl named…Danny? Daniella? Danielle?

Which one was it?

As I tried to remember, I had missed some of the conversation and suddenly a man came out and halted in front of me.

He put a finger to his mouth, looking at me, then kept walking.

He had turned red there for a moment…

 

Not liking this, I peek around the corner, through the door, but the door shut in my face.

Seeing red once again, I look up to see that man…Oh, I thought he had walked away…

Again, he put a finger to his mouth and fiercely glared at me.

…Be quiet, I get it…

Seeing him wonder off again, looking back once, I turned back and sat there.

That girl hadn’t come out yet…

And the door closed in my face…

Not cool…

 

Even though a submissive part of myself felt slightly insecure right now, I was mostly fine.

I trusted Rexxie completely and did not worry myself.

Rex on the other hand had wanted me to come in, knowing that I was there but sighed upon seeing the door shut.

I miss her, he thought.

If they weren’t organizing such a big scheme that held the future of all Shifters, he’d only be too happy to stop the planning over dinner and just take her into his arms.

Alister agreed with him, feeling Isilesah being close but too far away…

 

The problem was, this occurrence, was only the first of many.

Because of that girl’s father, Rexxie would now seem to go to their humble area of living and discuss quite a few subjects…Which I have no idea about.

And so…The girl, whom now after another year I remembered her name as Danika, I started to slightly crack to her hissed insults and low laughter…Until that is, I attacked her.

That was my downfall…

I had lasted so long, why couldn’t I just kept on letting it go?

Why…Why couldn’t I just think like most other times and not have taken it to heart?

 

The father was mad at me, the mother, my mother, my father and…My Rexxie…

I didn’t expect such an outcome…Especially when Danika’s Alpha aura stopped me almost as soon as it started!

If only I told them that this girl was insulting me for years, whispering to me that I was not worthy and useless but…I just had a feeling that it wouldn’t be believed.

No one had proof that I was being slowly being broken by her…

She had taken a friend away from me, whom has grown to scorn me as well. She had wrecked a few of my belongings, one in which I had treasured, as it was from Rexxie…But…

 

I felt…Wronged.

‘This isn’t the time for you to have to step into a useless fight! Don’t you know how childish this is?’ Rexxie had said, making me feel like crying.

I had been good…I hadn’t been naughty…Why did he just yell at me? Why?

Everyone had gotten used to me acting beyond my age but at that moment, I felt like a two-year-old fighting for a toy that I should have been sharing with another!

No, it wasn’t like this! She…She…

Dammit!

As much as I wanted to say everything to Rexxie, I still felt like it wasn’t worth it!

This was childish!

I just…Had a momentary…

Dammit!

 

The problem was, it was like a scar had formed over my reputation.

I was young, yes, but I was already known as the Queen and…A Queen that fights another…What is that?

It’s wrong, that’s what it was.

Murmurs, murmurs upon the future were heard by me and I slowly felt like I was being put into a cell…

I was still free, but I felt restricted.

I was still able to walk, talk but…

 

The questions seemed to make Rexxie slightly upset and so, I slowly saw less and less of him. I felt his want to be with me, that was always there…It was just that he was so busy, and I didn’t know all the details. I repeatedly told the bodyguards to not tell Rexxie what had happened between me and that girl and it seems that they had listened to me on most occasions.

Rexxie would still come to me sometimes, hugging me, but the conversation of my reputation and what others started to see me as did not come up.

As much as he came across as trusting me and all through our pack link, I still felt that he was a tad bit upset.

 

Rex was upset! He was upset because he didn’t know how to take this back!

He knew there were problems arising because of his precious, cherished mate’s actions and he didn’t know what to do about it!

No matter what had made his mate attack, making injuries onto the other, he thought it justified! There was a reason and…He felt upset that she was not talking about it…

He wanted her to tell him more, he wanted her to speak of it first but…Then he could only be upset because she was scared…Again, he was hopeless…

 

This was getting ridiculous, I thought.

How can something like this become something!?

Her family seemed to be pushing me away from Rexxie and it was working.

Upon the girl turning seventeen, and I ten, that was when my world really did start to shake…

I know I did not get the whole story…I know it!

But, for the years that I had been slowly been harassed over and over again, I couldn’t shake the picture in my head away.

That picture, it was of Danika and Rexxie being close...Touching, embracing…

It was only just a second or two, but that…I ran…

Again, I know I was not being mature and thinking things through but that submissive part of myself seemed to come out more and more now.

I was starting to get…Lost…

 

After seeing…My mate, with another like that, I started to detach myself from everyone that I used to spend time with and started another type of routine.

I started leaving the imminent area of safety, to spend time running around on the outside.

I knew I still had bodyguards with me, so I felt the courage to do this but…I couldn’t keep being on the inside anymore…I felt like I wasn’t just getting put into a cell now, but the bars had come up, confining me in it…I was suffocating.

To me, when I think things through, I still felt like things were weirdly immature and childish.

I still had not talked about all the years that Danika had hissed insults at me because…Well, shouldn’t I be better than that?

But, was this her plan? To have done all that, to make me attack her, and then I would be looked at in a terrible light?

 

Whatever…

And as much as I still know that Rexxie is my mate, I not only still trusted him, but I was not of the age.

I was only ten…

I was not someone he could touch in a mature light and for that…I felt like I could give allowances.

If it was just a small embrace, I can handle that and I even felt like that was all it was, honestly…I can’t see Rexxie putting too much effort at all into Danika and that was a great feeling!

I knew my Rexxie well and he was a businessman and someone that only spoke in the dark, like he didn’t want anyone to know that he had a heart or something.

 

He told me many times that he loved me, well loved this, that, this, that…But, I suppose…In the last few months, things had started to change…

We haven’t talked and cuddled as much as we used to and…

Well, it was fine, I was fine, I guess I just needed to be a bit more free and come out here from time to time to sweat it out!

And so, that’s what I did.

I ran out my complaints and saw the ‘light’.

I would be happier when I came back and I would not worry so much about Danika and what she said…At least not for a while.

 

***

 

Two years later, I was finished with my school studies, even having extra studies on the side to have entertained me a bit, but I came to realize what my mother had been doing all these years and started to feel terrible to how I had treated her.

She was teaching me how to be Queen in her own way and to be honest, I’m sure I could come up with a better method but hey, the thought is what counts!

I was also taught as much as I could be taught in defensive skills and had even taken up on attacking skills just because…Well, just because.

I was told that I couldn’t at first, which seemed to make a few people remember what I had done to Danika, but I ended up learning a lot on my own.

Isilesah was quiet, agreeing with me on most accounts but her being like that didn’t help me and my merry ways because it went to me as well.

 

Yes, over these two years I gallivanted often, away from everyone else, and it seems that my relationship with Rexxie was taking its toll.

I told him that nothing was wrong, and truly, I felt alright!

But it seems doubts were forming in both of us and he only saw me once a week now.

Granted, in that once a week, we made the time well.

I was growing now, and my wolf was bigger. We’d run, we’d talk, we’d cuddle and laugh.

But…After he was gone, I felt lonely again…

5