Chapter 18
111 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fight within the Shifters must have stopped or something because I hadn’t heard much about it.

I also don’t see Danika much either so, my confidence was somewhat returning and to be honest, I was missing spending time with my mum, Rexxie and my dad…

I mean, I love me! I think I’m great!

I love my tail, my personality…

What’s not to bloody love!?

The problem was, even with being my own best friend and all, there was only so much I could tolerate on my own!

 

I missed people, you know. Talking to them and all…

How the hell did I end up so introverted!?

Yeah, ok, so I was just giving Rexxie space and getting away from that girl, but did it have to come to a stage that I only saw my wonderful mate once a week!

How ridiculous!

I’m not on Earth anymore! I’m here, on this planet with all it’s strangeness and so I better take advantage of it already!

Let’s go back!

Let’s go tickle and hug that fabulous mate of mine!

 

I was just about ready to stop gallivanting out here for the day…Which was strange, as I joked, because I was just about a teenager!

Teenagers are known to rebel and here I am ready to return back home and do whatever they asked of me!

Yeah, mum will smile and that will be good!

I think, knowing now of what my mother was trying to do for me, that I have been pretty ungrateful.

This was my life now, not my previous life, I needed to be on the good side of everybody so that I didn't have any guilty conscious on my hands!

 

What I never expected though, was a sudden pain over my body.

I cringed, stopping where I was and slowly falling to the ground.

Through the pain, I try to search through Rexxie's link, but find it completely hazy and nothing much coming through it.

What was going on? Was Rexxie alright? Was he in danger?

Letting out a groan, I bring my legs to my chest and hold them tight, trying to endure the pain to the best of my ability.

This...

It wasn't a pain that comes from breaking a bone, it wasn't a pain from something like a headache...It was a deep type of pain that felt like it was scaring my soul!

He must be in danger! He needs help!

 

Letting out a sudden scream, I yanked my body around and breathed out harshly.

Even with my eyes closed, redness floated around me, making me see and know somehow that something was wrong, or everything was wrong...

I clenched my hands together and poked them into my skin, but the pain from my palms gave me no relief at all!

Bringing my bloodied hands to my chest, I start ripping, trying to get to the core of the problem.

I hated it!
I hated this feeling, like I was getting ripped apart!

Smelling blood and feeling pain now all over my chest, I could see that even Isilesah was in as much trouble as I was.

I wanted to ask her what was going on, but the pain was just too deep and took over all my thoughts and feelings!

No, all I could think about was the searing pain that seemed to be ripping my heart into shreds!

Feeling bound suddenly, I screamed once more, before the pain suddenly stopped.

Thank god...

Whether it was of exhaustion or relief, I immediately found myself in a deep slumber, unaware of anything that was going on around me…

 

 

I had been kept to this hospital bed now for an entire day...

Having a short conversation with Isilesah, we both fell into a deep, black hole.

She knew that this type of pain only meant one thing...And that was that Rexxie had been intimate with someone else.

Isilesah tried to sound like she could deal with it, even though she was sure that it was over very quickly but...That type of pain was pure suffering and I think both of us were still in shock.

We had not mated with Rexxie, we had not even been marked, yet…This pain was completely unbearable, and I didn’t understand how we could have felt it so much!

 

Isilesah had stated that since we found our mate and that we already had a bond, that it was because of that of why I had been able to feel such torture upon Rex having done what he did.

If…If Rexxie and I had not met each other yet…

Was Isilesah stating that if I hadn’t met him, would I have not felt anything?

The pain still somewhat lingers, reminding me that I had been rejected…

My stomach was hurting…My palms were hurting…My heart and soul was hurting…

How do I get over this?

My mother was by my bed and she had been tending to me, but she already knew that I was not my usual self.

I didn't tell her anything but what else could have made this happen to me? I was sure she wasn't stupid and had ideas, but I wasn't going to bring it into words for her.

 

I had rarely said a word since being here, and I had not seen Rex at all.

Rex...

I didn't know what to think of when it came to Rex.

I already felt like we had come apart...I couldn’t even call him Rexxie anymore…

It was so terrifying for me to think about, so shamefully scary to me that I was losing myself.

I wasn't normally one that let things get to me, I would try to be positive and be happy but this time...I felt exhausted.

Truly exhausted...

 

"How is she?"

My head had already been to the side, just staring lifelessly out the window but upon hearing this voice, I shut my eyes.

I wasn't ready to talk to him...Even though that voice gave me shivers of delight, entering into my ears like a purr from a cat, I just…Wasn’t ready to deal with it…

"Nearly fully healed...They say...They say that it took awhile because her wolf was..."

My mother's voice cracked, she cleared her throat but then just stopped talking...

Yeah, I already knew that I was delayed in healing because Isilesah was so shocked and upset. She was just as broken as I was.

I had done well though, having put deep cuts over my palms and chest. I had dug so deep, having somehow used wolf claws when wanted to claw at that deep pain...

 

I think it was obvious to everyone upon what had happened to me. The doctors probably knew, my mother probably knew, I knew and Rex...Didn't he know for sure too?

I heard his heart beat faster and faster, as the time went on. I heard him swallow and take a few steps towards me, but I felt like cringing.

I wasn't ready!

 

"Sweetheart..."

When he touched my hand, I nearly jerked it away from him but...I...

This was so hard!

I wanted to already forgive him, I wanted him to touch me yet, my broken heart just wanted to run away and hide.

I was scared...I was...Such a mess!

"...You..."

Now Rex's voice was cracked, as he stopped talking.

He kissed my hand, over the bandages, and I smelt salt.

...He was crying...

"It's my fault, I'm so sorry!"

Finally opening my eyes and moving my head to look at him, I gave him a small smile and slightly nodded, "Don't worry about it."

 

"No, I'll worry, and I'll beg for forgiveness for my entire life!" The determination in his voice was real, yet, his sadness did overcome it a bit and I knew that he felt utterly terrible…

"You should state, Your Majesty, that you had been drugged..."

"It doesn't matter!" He yelled harshly to the doctor, but then turned back to me and kissed my hand again, "It doesn't matter..."

He knew that in an uncontrolled moment, he had given her pain! So much pain!

 

Having heard what her bodyguards had said, Rex couldn’t imagine what she had felt like to have clawed at herself like this!

He had heard about things like this previously, but it had never come to a point that he’d seen it personally!

As soon as he had been able to stop from what he was doing the previous day, it still had not been quick enough!

Upon racing away from the place that he had been, he had slumped down in pure agony in feeling what his mate had been feeling and knew that he had been the one that had made that happen!

 

Drugged?

He hadn’t been lying…The green stated to me the truth and honestly, in a moment of letting the information process in my head, I remembered when I had tried to link to Rex and that I had seen the link as hazy…That it really had been that way, that Rex, the King, had been drugged to sleep with someone…

My poor Rexxie...

I stared at him, his defeated profile wounding me to the depths of my core yet...

Time...I just needed some time is all. I was sure I still loved this man deeply, I just...Needed a bit of time to get over the pain and what had happened.

I didn't want him to think that I blamed him though, now knowing that he had been drugged. "Then…If you weren’t drugged, would have you have done…”

He interrupted me, “No!”

 

Closing my eyes and smiling, I nodded, “Then…”

I wanted to say that ‘There is nothing to forgive’, but I still felt some sort of betrayal.

Rex had spent so much time away from me, and I him. We weren’t very strong at the moment and I really didn’t want to think that we couldn’t get past this!

We are fine, I repeated to myself. He was drugged!

“Your Majesty…”

The voice from across the other side of the room had a certain ring to it, like they wanted to say something.

And I knew that Rex would leave again soon…

 

In no time, Rex was up and gone and my hand, with the lingering tingles of his touch and kisses was fading away.

It’s alright. I can still do this!

But this was not over!

More dramas came upon us after this…

Rex was away from me just as often as before, but now there were rumors going around stating that since Rex had obviously been with someone else then my position of being by his side was going to be someone else’s…

And that person was…Danika…

 

***

 

Rex slammed down his fist on the desk in front of him and angrily looked up at what he thought of his subordinate, his ally!

“How dare you!” Rex stated through clenched teeth.

“With all due respect, Your Majesty, it is not just me that thinks this! Have you not had the past in thought? Have you not seen what my daughter can do? Before you slept with my daughter, things like this were already out of hand and being talked about all over!”

Rex narrowed his eyes, getting up from the chair, “…I know we had work to do…But, I feel like all this time you have placed me in this position on purpose!”

 

Yes, it all makes sense now!

We had gone through so much business talks and perhaps I was getting used to it and let my guard down, Rex thought. Due to that I had been placed in this circumstance, he yelled at himself in his head.

Walking around his desk, Rex punched his subordinate and watched as he hit the wall and fell to the floor.

“You can’t do this, Your Majesty!” Danika yelled, quickly going to her father.

“Oh? Why not? I have been used!” Rex stated, releasing his Alpha aura uncontrollably.

Known as the King, and he was used!

…How embarrassing!

4