Chapter 21
72 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rex turned to Danika’s father and pointed at him, “Guards come in and take that man to the interrogation room! He is holding someone dear to his daughter and your job is to find out where!”

In no time at all, the room went into somewhat hysterics as the other loyal subordinates are finding out what is going on.

There were the obvious stricken words from Danika’s father but with the King being so serious, no one dared to help him.

Just in the space of a few minutes they find out that the King’s real mate had marked him, that Danika was pregnant but the she wasn’t pregnant to the King but her own mate and her own mate was apparently being taken hostage by Danika’s father.

…What a mess!

 

***

 

Within just a couple of days, everything was finally sorted out.

Everyone choose to accept Naomi as the King’s mate, seeing now that Rex was really loyal to her, after only having the affair due to being drugged.

No more rumours floated around after Danika herself spoke of her father’s scheme. She had not spoken until her mate was safe but when she had, she told them everything, including that she had also been interested in the King at the time.

Her mate was not placed in front of everyone though and Danika still looked exhausted and pale. Rex did not know what to do when it came to that girl because she had gone against him and his precious mate, but it seemed that she had a bit on her plate!

 

With Danika’s father placed in prison, her reputation torn, to shreds, pregnant and having trouble with her mate, Rex let Danika go without any punishment but that of going to another area to live with her mate.

Danika was sad but accepted anything given to her, holding tightly to the fact that she will still be with her mate and their child.

We don’t hear from Danika again, but it takes a long time for her to get her mate’s trust once again. Of course, being mates might have helped but her mate had been tortured into believing words from her father and so his mind ended up being confused. Nonetheless, they end up alright…In time…

 

 

Rex, on the other hand, now had complete authority over his mate.

Since I had marked him, it was practically me stating that I was now in his care and life became all that richer.

I was always allowed to go anywhere I wanted, even able to come into the King’s discussions. I was told to often come by his room when he was there, and I did.

My parents could only accept the situation of letting their daughter go, even though I was only nearly thirteen!

But Rex and I wouldn’t have it any other way!

We spent a lot more time together now and our link felt like it became stronger than ever before!

 

It really was great!

It was like I had been waiting for this for years!

And you know what!? I loved the fact that Rex was marked! I felt so great!

I know that people and animals shouldn’t be owned and all, because they are you know ‘their own people’ or ‘priceless’ and whatever but…I completely owned Rex!

I don’t mean it in a bad way! Not at all, it was in a good way because it felt wrong to say ‘owned’ but, I don’t know how else to put it…

I tried thinking about it for a while, to come up with an understanding of how things are between Rex and I and all I can come up with was that Rex and I were bound to each other now.

 

We were bound by blood, by a mark, by our feelings, our lives, our wants, our desires…I suppose I didn’t particular ‘own’ everything about him but that is where it is the wrong word. Like, I didn’t own his own opinion, I didn’t own his business desires or the way he wanted to act with other people but…It was a part of him that I accepted completely.

I liked watching him when he was talking business, especially with just other men in the room.

Even in my last life, I knew men acted differently when together with no females.

Was it just me or do I feel slightly happy seeing him like that?

I wanted him to have other connections, I wanted him to be able to be ‘immature’ and whatever with other guys…Well, especially when he didn’t do it too often!

 

Well, anyway, our new relationship was great, and my thirteenth birthday was just as great!

I had a party and people finally accepted my strange uniqueness…Apparently that is the word for me, unique.

I swear they only say ‘unique’ because they don’t want to hurt my feelings!

Whatever, I have fun and I want to be happy, end of story!

Ah, it was great to go back to my merry ways again!

I would play with my wolf, as my wolf and do wolfy things, sometimes really embarrassing myself but hey, laughing is better than crying, so there’s at least one good thing to come out of it!

 

On the other hand, I started to understand more about what Rexxie has been planning all this time.

He was working on completely demolishing the leadership system that they were using right now…Which meant that even though he had ‘royal’ blood, it didn’t matter.

I guess I understood a bit because of where I came from in my previous life, I had hardly ever thought of the royal family and whatnot back then so, in a way, I felt more advanced in this department.

…What I worried about though, was the fact that whoever was put in charge needed to be watched because it’s easy to become greedy and get away with things when you have power!

 

I know where they were hitting a snag though, where they had troubles going forth with this strategy of abolishing the royalty way of leadership…And that was because the best leader that they could find, was in fact Rex…

That was why nothing had happened yet!

After all these years of going into detail upon this new way of living, it must have felt like they didn’t get anywhere!

How funny!

I mean I can understand, Rex was awesome!

Trying to find the best leader to take over, yet the one that would be the best is already in lead! Hahaha! So, the system in now, might as well just stay as it is!

 

Anyway…

What I felt strange, much like that to Rexxie too, was that his cousin had done very little in the way of trying to fight us and take what he thought as ‘his’ back.

It really was starting to feel like something big was coming…That we all knew that this cousin was not doing nothing all this time but…Having a few people trying to watch him, that hadn’t died, we could only find out so much.

And yes, upon one full moon, I could feel a redness come over the horizon…

I didn’t know if it was like one of those red moons or something, considering I’m on a different planet and all, or my red and green sight…So, I just kept an eye on the area, just in case.

 

After the moon had changed from being full, and I was still seeing a redness in the horizon, I wondered if I should tell Rex.

It was a worry, after all…

I saw red over each part of the horizon that made me sorta scared of what it might mean.

Does it mean that we are going to be in trouble from all directions? If that was so…

Shivering, I wondered how I should say this…How can I say that I feel, and sort of see, something ominous coming!

I didn’t know when, I didn’t know why…And that was what prevented me from saying much but, after my fourteenth birthday, I decided to state what I see to Rex.

 

“Everywhere?” Rex asked, continuing to stroke my arm gently.

I nodded, already I had taken so much time to state all this because I was getting distracted by his hand yet, I had no want to stop his hand!

“That wouldn’t make much sense, Sweetheart. If it was seen everywhere then, in some type of way, he has surrounded this area.” Rex felt doubtful.

I shrugged, at least if Rexxie knew of what I saw, perhaps he would act a bit different to when he wouldn’t know anything at all.

Rex kissed me on my forehead then and I looked up, to see him thinking…And frowning.

Touching his forehead, to attempt to smoothen his skin, Rexxie took my hand and smiled at me. “I believe you, I’ll put out more Shifters to find out what’s happening in other areas.”

 

Smiling back at him, I felt a huge amount of relief and pride.

He was the best mate ever! The best in the world!

I had no prove, no evidence, just saying what I had seen, and he believed me!

Ah, I loved this man so much!

Snuggling into his hold, someone then came in after Rex had called out, “I’m here, Your Highness?”

Rex looked at them and stated, “Get a few others to go in each direction from here and seek out any information you can find on my royal cousin!”

“…Yes, Your Highness!”

Obviously, the person didn’t understand but was doing what he was told. He left quickly after and Rexxie kissed my forehead again. “I have a bad feeling about this…”

 

 

Within the next month, a few things happened and getting my period was one of them.

I hadn’t forgotten it, because I felt like I had been waiting for it for about two years to finally get it!

Rex could smell me bleed, which was a bit embarrassing, but it seems that our relationship was indeed slowly changing…As we went into to what I would call ‘first base’…

Kissing Rexxie on his cheek and peeking him on his lips before had all been slightly childish to me now as, kissing him on the mouth like lovers did…Was really intoxicating…Addicting…Electric…Magical!

We sort of both got hooked on this first base and kissed frequently, becoming breathless afterwards!

But it was really great!

So…Great! Magnificent! Exciting! Overwhelmingly Perfect!

 

What happened afterwards though, sort have placed a damper on our ‘first base’ syndrome, and that was the people that we had sent out…Because half of them had not returned and could not be contacted!

It was within a week of no contact that our link gave our thoughts truth as at least one or two of the links had been completely severed!

Those that returned had bad news, and the bad news was quite alarming, bringing Rex back into a fighting mode that I had not seen him in since I had been kidnapped all those years ago!

Yes, the royal cousin had been working quite hard over the years!

Being in the dark of a few packs, mostly small ones that didn’t really come to see Rex at all, they had all connected with his royal cousin in some way. Some of them integrated into The Light’s Exalted pack but some did not, and anyone could guess upon why not!

 

What was worse, was somehow, the humans were even involved now!

Rex had no idea how upon this had happened but, his royal cousin now had guns with silver bullets and a small human party on their side!

So…In other words, the people that had not come back and had been likely been killed, probably held the same type of news…Or worse!

Rex didn’t want to leave anything out, not wanting to underestimate his own royal cousin, so he started to prepare for war!

They had to make up for lost time! They had to be ready for something big that was bound to come at some point! They had to prepare everybody and everything so that casualties will be at a minimum and so they could defend for a long period of time!

And with that…The whole of the pack changed…

 

***

4