Chapter 23 — Private Dungeon
513 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Private Dungeon

 

Southern side of the Azure Dragon Sub-Division main City.

Tongqiu and 'Mommy Heals You' walked into the little forest that was situated quite far south from the main City, as the supposedly 'presence' was among not the deepest part of such small forest, but somewhere around quite already deep in. Whenever they thought they felt lost or got disorientated they could simply look towards the sky and that verdant pillar soaring to the sky would easily guide them. As such, they had ample time to chat with each other or rather, to flirt around ever so shyly or blunt and playful.

Tongqiu thought a couple of times of letting Tonkia meet her right then and there, but every time he was at such train of thought he would receive a kind of signal from his True Wish relic which although he couldn't understand, based on the feelings and intention he got from them they were surely Tonkia's. Telling him to not to worry as they must 'meet' in an appropriate way and besides, why would she want Tongqiu to hear them? Surely they got 'a lot' to discuss among themselves all about him, and those evil beings would surely just brush Tongqiu aside while looking sideways on his way and laughing in the distance. Ew, just thinking about it made Tongqiu grow a little more conscious.

'Too many women may be too many trouble. Mhm! I'll have to behave for my future!' Thought the clueless Tongqiu ever so innocently.

Natalia was only LV17, which in truth wasn't little, so Tongqiu very earnestly told her: "What do you say if I bring you to level up? I'll get you to LV20 in no time and once some LV29 or better yet LV30 start appearing, I'll just carry you all over in my lap to the cap level, what do you think, eh?"

'Mommy Heals You'; obviously not caring too much for levelling up that much was about to gracefully refuse- but then she thought that were she go way behind him, she'd probably have nothing to do with him. As she was overthinking her mouth was closing and opening a few times, enough for Tongqiu to become aware. Easily, easily seeing her worries and easily understanding what to do, he gently tugged, then gripped firmly her hand as he reassured her: "Heh~ Even if you are a little low LV20 when I'm already LV100 or so, I'll still spend my days without you without a care for the world, so, don't worry."

Then, he slowly yet somewhat playfully got close to her cheek and made a cutesy kissing sound while kissing her so. Natalia immediately reacted with a silly laughter, making all the surrounding flora to shine brighter and heavenly, fully attracting the beast Tongqiu to start deliberating a scheme for his 'hunt'.

While Tongqiu was lost in lust, or thought, Natalia exclaimed: "Oh, it's here. Look, doesn't it seem like a portal. Ah, let me see un tha skaayy... Yup! It's right here, let's go in and slay the enemy, Tongqiu!!" She said the last part with a fist raised to her head in encouragement.

"Ohp." Tongqiu couldn't just let this mischievous 'Mommy' go. So he confronted her roughly: "Hey, 'Mommy' shouldn't you not act as if I'm a kid, eh? Eh? EH?!!"

As the 'rude' Tongqiu was pinching her waist, he got closer and closer with each 'eh' coming from his mouth as the panic-stricken and hopeless little lamb Natalia could only foolishly try to protect her sides from the vicious attack. She finally couldn't hold it in as she surrendered in peals of laughter so melodious it calmed the beast attacking her.

As Tongqiu held her in his arms, her back waist completely going weak and her back floating in the air as she finally quieted down and found Tongqiu staring at her in peace... a peace he never thought he would see in the kind of man he 'grew' to be. Natalia smiled naturally as she let the arms behind her bring him into his embrace. She just had to lean onto him completely to be able to put her head right at his chest, where a small yet quite fast heartbeat would sound for her enjoyment.

...

After a while, they separated with a small forehead kiss as they finally faced the portal-like entrance. Tongqiu held her right hand with the left hand of hers as he made  the first step towards the portal. Not falling behind, a content 'Mommy Heals You' was right half a step behind him. 

The moment they crossed, the only sight they had was a violet kind of enormous room, room which had nothing in it except for also violet dirt and boulders.

*PING*... you've entered the Private Dungeon: Cave for Murder.

*PING*... you've entered with the acknowledgement of the Private Dungeon's owner. This 'Cave for Murder' will become a single boss fight instead. Since you already entered, you cannot go back, good luck.

"Mmm... ok, stay close to me. Once I find out what kind of skills it got I'll share them with you then do your best to survive, okay?" Tongqiu gripped once her hand before letting go and facing her directly, tilting his head a couple of times gently as well as 'moving' his eyes in order to let her understand he wanted her to learn to protect herself, but that he'll be there for her no matter what as well.

"Mn, carry me then." Nodding a little, Natalia agreed, but the last half of her words were spoken in a spoiled and shy manner. A speechless Tongqiu complied, nonetheless.

The enormous yet vacant violet colored room was basically a huge rectangle as well. Going as far as 400 x 800 m as far as Tongqiu could deduce. He realized that ever since his Mental Power stat was truly awaken, which he could verify now, his understanding and speed of thinking as well as simple calculations soared immensely. In fact, they seemed to soar so much that he could even hear the voice, previously trying to connect with Natalia earlier as well as even going as far as to destroy the 'link' from such scummy voices.

'Hm, I also don't know the cap from my essence in terms of contributing towards my main stat, which I suppose goes differently for each class. I also wonder what amount I'll need next for a new perk. I really want it... I really have to become stronger. Kek! To think like that in a game is actually funny.' Tongqiu was lost in thought, but he was still paying a lot of attention as he moved around the gigantic violet room, this 'Cave for Murder'. Which according to even more of Tongqiu's deducing, it may actually be a PvP zone in which it could probably be used for guild battles more than anything, he only got the chance to enter here by being challenged after all.

Finally, as he was stepping close to a 800 m side, an immense earthquake was formed behind him. Tongqiu immediately made a run towards the farthest 400 m side as he let go of Natalia quite smoothly as he checked on whatever thing tried to sneak attack him.

[Demonic Scorpion-Rose]: Type: Demon-Monster, Grade: Enlightened, Level: 32, HP: 130,000. A scorpion who lived barely around that of 15,000 to 20,00 years. It had mutated a little and was quite ordinary. Its fate, however, went through a tremendous change when a Demonic Rose offered a deal to it. From the looks of it, it not only accepted but benefited a lot instead of being harmed. Hint: it may have connection to the Demon Race.

Skills: Demonic Thorny Barrage, Entangling Demonic Vine, Demon's Rainy Venom, Demonic Conversion.

Demonic Thorny Barrage: Throws all available thorns on its body towards where it's facing in a 600 x 600 m area. Damage is that of 50 physical and magical power damage.

Entangling Demonic Vine: It uses its utmost Mental Prowess to control an immense vine that once it entangles its target it won't let go of it until certain damage is done to the Demonic Scorpion-Rose's body or 1,500 physical and then magical power damage has been done. Cooldown: 50 seconds. Use rate: Rare.

Demon's Rainy Venom: It takes a position to aim its telson to the sky as its stinger opens up horrendously to let all his accumulated venom fly  all it can. 2%HP true damage every 10 seconds as well as 250 magical power damage each second for 15 seconds. Use Rate: Very rare. 

Demonic Conversion: Each 20% HP left, the Demonic Scorpion-Rose will let another 10% HP of itself to be drowned by its demonic rose partner to gain Movement Speed+5% as well as physical power+2,000. However it drains a huge amount of defense each time.

Once Tongqiu saw all those stats and skills he felt as if this thing was much more difficult to face than the Deserter, after all, each an every single one of its skills are either aggressive actives or a huge damage bonus and even movement! Of course he didn't forget to share the details to Natalia as when he looked towards her she was flabbergasted as well as... hopeless?

'Ah, that's right she doesn't know I am that mysterious person, aish.' 

Then Tongqiu mover forwards trying to call 'Mommy Heals You' back to life. 

Tongqiu: ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ 

As Natalia's gaze moved back from the Demonic Scorpion-Rose, she saw a funny faced Tongqiu trying to flex in front of her. Towards such childish method of 'cheer up!' she simply sighed gently before telling him: "Though I'm completely useless on the offensive, I can cast you a dispell skill so that you can keep on bombarding its main body while it goes after you. But... but I don't know what to do if it uses the venom though." 

At the end of her words, Natalia turned quite downcast as she understood the difference between each other. Even though she deduced that Tongqiu may even deal with it, she really didn't think so herself... what if she had a Hidden class instead? Wouldn't she-

As Natalia was having those 'what if' thoughts, Tongqiu easily saw through her as he immediately told her in a serious way: "You don't need a hidden class to go far. You can rival one without having it. Besides those things are extremely status wise important. What matter is that you use your own abilities like no other could, not just be the best. Even if you can't I'll teach you, so prepare yourself."

Hearing Tongqiu's encouraging words made Natalia feel a little embarrassed as she smiled shyly and laughed a couple of times in a little bit of shame. She kept nodding as she responded him: "Mn, mn. Okay. I won't be a baby no more, alright? Stop looking at me like that~! Go and make some scorpion stew!"

Kissing her nose with a lot of noise at the end of it, Tongqiu then rapidly moved towards the Demonic Scorpion-Rose at his maximum speed so as to start the fight in an area furthest away from her.

***

Sure enough, once Tongqiu just got slightly over 50 m as he started stabbing his own hands with the Self-Harming Dagger before equipping his gladiuses, he was already close enough that Demonic Scorpion-Rose used its sting to thrust towards Tongqiu, which he evaded by doing quite the flexible spin in the middle of the air as his foot the stepped on it as he moved his dual Sunfacing Brilliant Gladiuses to attack anything he could reach, stinger, telson, abdomen or even head. 

-1,512, MISS, -2,001, -1,530, MISS, MISS, -1,542, -1,523, -1,598, MISS, -2,504, -2,489, -4,214, MISS, MISS.

HP: [112,250/130,000].

As he showed the Demonic Scorpion-Rose who was boss, it staggered backwards until it fell.

*PING*... received 'Peaceful Blessing', effect: HP+12% and HP+750. Duration: 30 minutes. Cost: 250 MP.

Tongqiu was surprised, if this was a cleric skill then it had to be main top skills from all clerics since it doesn't have cooldown nor does it cost a lot. Tongqiu felt extremely content of having Natalia at his side, not just a cleric but her instead.

At the same time, he realized that this scorpion had physical defense only, and while that didn't really affected magical defense, taking into consideration that it had at least all defenses+300% then it was obvious that though it worked extremely well against his physical power, his magical power was still his highest source of damage! 

Usually, magical classes had enormous amount of magical power while physical power-focused classes were instead quite lower though not that much. The reason being, magical classes have either extremely fast skills with low scaling damage, but they also had skills with an incredible amount of damage; however it was because these were slow in cooldown the reason of why they had a much higher global numbers for their damage output. While in physical power, one can attack all they want without wasting MP and only need a little bit of MP but with a lot of Stamina. Still, the fact that they can deal a lot of damage by merely attacking was already many times  better than relying on skills only to do actual damage.

Tongqiu, however, had his perverted class in which one of his skills could make every single attack not only a fusion of both but also making damage with both of them at the same time, and that without mentioning its huge AOE as well as the high possibility of such skill evolving.

Similarly, Tongqiu managed to get a good look at the entire body of the Demonic Scorpion-Rose. It was at least 21 meters long with a very 'slim' disposition only reaching that of 6-7 meters wide. Its telson was the largest part of it and it didn't seem to have more than 4 little legs besides its huge pincers. It had a fully bloomed small rose on top of its left eye; as it only had 1 eye in each side. It's mouth resembled more of that of a crab or even a lobster, making it quite obvious how much it metamorphosed thanks to that little rose that looked like a parasite on its left eye. 

*PING*... you've received a group skill 'Prayer Blessing', effect: HP+1,000, MP+30% and Stamina+30%. Duration: 15 minutes. Cost: 20% MP and Stamina. 

Tongqiu: (╯°□°)╯

Now more happy than ever to bring his woman to a BOSS fight, Tongqiu was eager to dance with this little bug.

Now, Tongqiu had: HP: 6,599, MP: 6,890 and Stamina: 7,020!

It was quite good, and besides, Natalia could use skills to recuperate his own MP and Stamina! 

Without thinking about it, he took out his bow and bombarded the little bug.

-1,592, -1,598, MISS, MISS, MISS, -1,529, MISS, -5,820, -2,012, -1,587, -1,710, -1,520.

HP: [94,882/130,000]. Now with more than 20% HP lost, the Demonic Scorpion-Rose  suddenly started trembling without stop as its left eye visible lost blood but instead of because of a bleeding, was because of the rose on its head sucking it dry, and then:

-13,000.

HP: [81,882/130,000]. 

Tongqiu didn't last the chance to down it even lower to 60% HP!

-1,514, -1,541, -1740, MISS, -MISS.

HP: [77,087/130,000]. Success!! And just as expected.

-13,000.

The Demonic Scorpion-Rose was now truly understanding why the deal was so easygoing and peaceful in its life as it was now deeply lamenting its actions and decisions, the poor bug.

HP: [64,087/130,000].

PSSH-SHHH SHHH PSSHH

As the scorpion was making... scorpion sounds, Tongqiu took out his Sunfacing Brilliant Gladius dual swords again, and began to replenish his lost resources as well as to make time for the Sorrowful Glorious Crown do its job of regenerating it even faster.

Tongqiu managed to find out about 3 main basic attacks:

One, it would start lashing about with its pincers and every 6 lashings from each pincer was one surprise attack with its stinger. It lasted quite a lot, possible around 2 minutes each time, which made it almost impossible to attack.

Second, it would stagger back in a calculated manner aiming towards the target's current location for about 30 meters before instantaneously sending its stinger at him, almost to the level of the 'Deathly Spear' from the '???'s Filthy Spawn'. However, this one attack could destroy the terrain, be it the walls or the floor, it all got messed up and there were even strange debris all around after just a few times of using that main basic attack.

Third, it would simply start rotating 3 times while its stinger pours out some venom, making a scary and quick AOE with dot, which Tongqiu obviously managed to evade every time.

Tongqiu learned very well from his fight with the Filthy Spawn, looking at the Demonic Scorpion-Rose, he could see two icons. One seemed to be of that of venom drops which he deduced was the amount of venom accumulated, the bad thing was, it had '637' accumulated already. Another icon was that of some kind of pikes that had been thrown, which were easy to understand it was the Demonic Thorny Barrage skill mentioned before, which had 417 already.

Around 20 minutes had already gone by, and the one attack, dodge, dodge and more dodge dynamic from Tongqiu and the scorpion became more and more fast paced every time. It wasn't a battle of attrition like it was with the Filthy Spawn, this was one of agility and that of the opportune coming out victorious.

Once, Tongqiu got hit once by its pincers.

-4,080!

"Ah!!" Completely not expecting it, Natalia took a few seconds before she could actually cast a healing spell, but immediately after getting hit, Tongqiu was then about to be trapped by a vine which was hiding underneath the floor. He really couldn't get a time out, could he?

+2,519, +2,520.

As Natalia finally saw his lover's HP recuperate completely, with almost resulted in him being killed before, she breathed a sigh of relief which was unfortunately tuned to a gasp. A vine had already reached the Tongqiu which was still trying to stand up after such a hit left him immobile for some time. Natalia was starting to grow extremely anxious, however, an image of a charmingly smiling man holding her up  and telling her 'it's gonna be okay' while stealing little kisses from her invaded her mind... and soul.

*PING*... you've received 'Dispel', you're no longer entrapped and your dizzy state is gone.

Tongqiu's eyes abruptly opened, even though it seemed as if Natalia hesitated, he knew that she only needed time to shake off her anxiety over her cleric obligation. And sure enough, once Natalia did such things, 'such things' immediately became the source of her back being straightened as well as feeling clear-minded. She proudly posed for her darling, and as if a '!' appeared above Tongqiu's head, he smugly looked back at her while side-dodging an incoming pincer, successfully forcing her to invoke leviathan while biting ever so sensually her lower lip.

 

...

3