Chapter 74 — Altruistic Tongqiu
154 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Altruistic Tongqiu

 

 

-1,357, -859, -1,112, -392, -542, -817, -1,009, -1,209, -1,153...

With the different amount of Sorcerers and Apprentice Elementalists, their full damage -depending on the skills and equipment- was fully shown with all of the possible diversities of two magical classes.

Though only the sorcerers had a high Action Speed and could attack pretty fast and somewhat delivering that same damage towards nearby skeletons thanks to the different kind of synergies; some were like electric snakes jumping from one enemy to another, others were like a plague were any type of blue colored energy would travel in a certain area for which it will affect all skeletons in said area as little explosions the size of a baby's fist occurred all over their bodies doing a small yet insanely quick amount of damage; some other were even capable of creating a small ball of lightning or fiery-looking blue energy that would either travel around the battlefield dealing huge amounts of damages towards the enemies it went through without stop, or be directed towards a certain area while -by their owner's use of MP and magic power- it would slowly becoming more and more solid, until it finally reached a limit from which upon contact with the enemy, would explode to insane magnitudes, easily killing off some skeletons. Of course, that last move previously mentioned would take a lot of time and concentration, which was why it was only seen a dozen couple of times through the entire five minutes or so window for bombarding the Skeleton Army.

As for the Apprentice Elementalists, they were much simpler yet, could also have aesthetically monumental differences which would also affect somewhat the volatility of the skill used.

For example, since fire was the only element that was widely known and easier to use, through almost three months' time; many players have already done creative stuff, also managing to inspire even more players on trying their very best. Even then though, not many would take this opportunity to share information or tips, fuckers.

One of the main skills used by Apprentice Elementalists was 'Summon of Element: Fire, Earth, Wind, Water', though it was merely used for fire nowadays. That skill allowed one to call upon the elemental forces surrounding their bodies into their bodies, their magical channels, mana pool, etcetera. The thing is, there is this particular need to focus one's mind and to drive one's thoughts, once successfully doing so- they could create an enormous flame or rather, flames that amassed until it was enough for making a huge bonfire. Once the players managed to accomplish that step, the next one would be that of giving it a shape, of molding it. And as of right now, there were many, a lot, of huge, fat snakes raising up into the air before brutally hammering down onto the Skeletal Army, acting as a type of mortal-like attack. It was anything but little in both: AOE and damage. It was truly, just like the description into classes said, terrifying. And it only took 6 seconds for the skillful while 12-15 seconds for the less skillful to perform such 'fireworks' making it an easy source of damage through the entire window of 5 minutes of freely bombarding, not only that, but sometimes it would also let a lasting DOT damage around the affected area, roasting those bony bastards slowly but surely!

It was spectacular to watch, specially in the preview of the incoming fall of the 'Obelisk' in front of them, every magical class did their very best in this single, simple and safe round of free firing. Even Tongqiu could sit tight and watch the never-ending fireworks go 'puj', 'zzz' or 'ka-bum' and 'zi-plash'!, if it wasn't because he liked more his own simple, one move- many killed; Combustion skill.

In truth, Tongqiu sucked at gaming right now, really. He has Combustion, Battle Frenzy, Tongqiu's Rain Showdown and even Transient Divine Burst; but he's never experienced what other classes do or how they work; well, except for when he and Natalia went to kill that Demonic Scorpion-Flower pet. Good times.

Whatever the case it was, Tongqiu could be seen with his bow and arrow aiming at the general direction of the ongoing battle. His arms and shoulder blades had already 'transformed' with their more distinct, 'solidness' aspect as Tongqiu became more and more like a kind of benevolent yet demonic kind of saint with his looks around whenever he took his little babies out for murder. Yes, he was about to release hellfire!

***

 

Once again, at the rear of the rear of the 'Journeyer's Army'; though this time, it was a little closer since even ranged classes started to move onwards to the battlefield.

There could be seen some hundred, more or less, of people leisurely walking towards the towering yet not that big 'Obelisk' in the distance. A little ahead of them, there were a couple of groups consisting of a few hundreds per group, also walking onwards to the battlefield though these seemed to be ready for battle, should worst come to worst.

These groups were precisely the battling armies' backup, the reinforcements or, more accurate to say, the 'in case is needed' backup plan in which to be honest, wasn't a good feeling. First, because it meant that they would not get 'compensation' nor the chance to kill Star Elite BOSSes themselves and secondly; when the 'reinforcements' couldn't even join, not even being able to take some 'compensation', the reinforcement groups would always have this anxious feeling in their shoulders, heaving them down to the thought of having wasted their time instead of leveling or farming some SP for as scarce as it is.

In between these backup groups, there were those of Sylda and Kalen.

Now, having found a warmer and even more friendly group to talk to, to mingle with. Both parties became like a little distant family knowing each other and fitting together well. There were even some already adding each other and the likes of it. If Tongqiu were to know of how and why this has had happened... how precious would his reaction be?!

Kalen was talking towards Sylda, as they watched the ongoing fireworks up ahead, in the sky: "Oh look, there's a skilled one, so good that he or she could make the snake bounce on the ground and keep on blasting enemies to bonedust."

To his side, there was a mildly behaving Sylda, also seemingly taking the disposition of a kind daughter-in-law or niece: "Oh oh. They're good, they're all good. Hm... I wonder how does that mad-person's attacks compare to this, surely... not that strong, right Uncle?"

Sylda's calling for the not that old Kalen changed for the best, even though he felt somewhat incriminated as he himself didn't thought of himself as someone that old, yet when he thought of his children and their ages... yea, he understood that the word 'Uncle' wasn't that far away from reality itself, so he accepted it as he warmed up to the almost a young woman as it went from 'Senior' to an endearing 'Uncle'.

Then, after hearing her out and pondering for a little, he spoke out his mind: "Mm, see, I don't think it should be that significantly as amazing as 'this'. But who knows, right? It is better to not jump into conclusion, Sylda. Better adopt a watchful stance rather than a commentary. Even then, I also think it shouldn't be too mu-"

Unfortunately, his words were totally engulfed by a distant sound, birthed from far away in the distance. This sound made them both, and everyone else nearby that wasn't completely deaf, to instinctively turn their heads in utter shock and growing terror to their front.

SHCK-BBPAM!!! SHCK-BBPAM!!!

'Reinforcements': ≧☉_☉≦

What came into their sight, though incredible large, it wasn't that big of an area as they finally saw what it was that was at fault from birthing such horrendous sounding in the distance.

It seemed to be less than 50 meters big in diameter yet it carried along an out-of-this-world breaking sound as well as destructive, powerful power; capable of annihilating any type of lower existences like plants, little animals and even... unprotected players...

***

 

-18,360, -21,212, -18,360, -21,227, -18,360, -18,360, -34,474, -18,360, -18,060, -34,474, -18,360, -18,360, -17,910, -18,360, -18,360...

*PING*... you have killed player, 'Bookin Papah'.

*PING*... you have killed player, 'Lessu Taoc'.

*PING*... you have killed player, 'Ye Kora'.

*PING*... you have killed player, 'Lona'.

*PING*... you have killed player, 'Centnl'.

*PING*... you have killed player, 'Corop Emed'.

*PING*... you have killed player, 'xXxYourLittleBabyxXx'.

*PING*... you've successfully killed, Spike Minion-Skeleton, Experience+...

*PING*... you've successfully killed, Spike Minion-Skeleton, Experience+...

*PING*... you've successfully killed, Spike Minion-Skeleton, Experience+...

*PING*... you've successfully killed, Ground Minion-Skeleton, Experience+...

Did Tongqiu stopped to grief upon the collateral damage, death of other 'soldiers'? Nah, he pulled backwards the damned bowstring once more or rather, yet again as he routinely nocked two arrows onto the bowstring and... set them free, this time, into a true battlefield!

SHCK-BBPAM!!, SHCK-BBPAM!! SHCK-BBPAM!!, SHCK-BBPAM!! SHCK-BBPAM!!, SHCK-BBPAM!!...

-18,360, -18,360,- 34,474, -34,474, -18,360, -18,360...

*PING*... you've successfully killed a Lord grade BOSS, Wall Minion-Skeleton, as a reward, SP+1,450 and Fame+1,450.

*PING*... you've successfully killed a Lord grade BOSS, Wall Minion-Skeleton, as a reward, SP+1,450 and Fame+1,450.

'Heh, give me those crits, so I won't even have to oneshot the Basic Communication Device with 'abnormal' wideshots!' He still wouldn't stop. Instead, still in midair, Tongqiu continued to aim here and there looking for the best spots of swarming and congregating enemies. After doing so, he finally had to let the ground receive him as he rolled forward but, just as he has done before so many times, right after he rolled- his bow had already took aim as a couple of arrows left his claw-like nail fingers!

SHCK-BBPAM!!SHCK-BBPAM!! SHCK-BBPAM!!SHCK-BBPAM!! SHCK-BBPAM!!SHCK-BBPAM!!

*PING*... you have killed player, 'Mo Tingyu'.

*PING*... you have killed player, 'Te Cris'.

*PING*... you have killed player, 'Kun Fan'.

*PING*... you've successfully killed a Lord grade BOSS, Wall Minion-Skeleton, as a reward, SP+1,450 and Fame+1,450.

*PING*... you've successfully killed, Ground Minion-Skeleton, Experience+...

*PING*... you've successfully killed, Ground Minion-Skeleton, Experience+...

The moment those behind, in the rear of the rear of the battling 'Journeyer' Army, hear those explosions was also the moment were the urgency of running directly towards the battlefield invaded their every minds. Including those like Sylda, Kalen and Edorn.

'Fuck.' Only that thought, or so, was born into their minds with the utter worry of their soldiers or rather, 'their' gains being lost or taken by other. And that other was no one else but the one they thought to be a clown.

They definitely underestimated the AOE of this monster indeed, in the video taken from who knows who, it already seemed way too large of an area and way too destructive to kill all players at once. Many wouldn't really believe that since, it has been not just once were players really thought they were the only ones who weren't idiots and edited, manipulated their plays or so, so when they saw Tongqiu they all thought him to be one of those farming some views and creating fanaticism, for the worst.

Even Edorn thought that it was only aesthetically pleasing to the eyes without real usefulness, and that only by being handled in his arms could such a weapon be properly used as a mass-killing weapon, able to level up quickly and assert domination over other players' groups before even starting real Association Wars.

How foolish; in any way, they all went ahead full of buffing from Bards and Shamans as they inched closer and closer towards the battlefield at great speeds, even higher than those small armies consisting of magical classes from before.

***

 

On the battlefield, 5 minutes had already gone by as the ranged classes were preparing to get into position so as to do their part in this nonsensical battle.

It was just that, it seemed not necessary (?), for as those totally hated skeletons were being pulverized without a single chance of putting up resistance. Hell, even those Spike Minion-Skeletons were totally useless against those seemingly overpowered AOE skills, or was it only one skill? What kind of class can have that? Could multiple Hidden Classes of the same kind have come to be just to do this? Sounds really stupid.

And it was, as all of the onlooking ranged classes were left completely speechless at the sight of their target practice being stolen right in front of them in but a few moments, hell, there were even players being cruelly 'caught' in the area of the AOE super imposing skill. As such, they didn't know how to feel, if either glad for having their job made easy for them -since they would still get some payment anyways- or frustrated to such blatant uncaring of having their fellow 'Journeyers' being taken down as collateral.

There was no real Associations possible right now; the conditions to get one were simple but the way to obtain those conditions was rather nefarious. It was all about randomness, how could one have any advantage in that degree? They would be just as lucky as those who are trash at the game.

As such, the communications between all these 'Journeyers' here was of that of raid leaders and vice-leaders only being able to command their own raid. This problem was big as one would be able to command or inform all their association's members of vital information on time at any given moment, no matter how many there were or how far away they were from their base/leader; that is, unless any of them -giving or receiving the message- are in a concealed, secret and unknown place, just like Tongqiu was located at the Mysterious Hidden Grounds and wasn't able to communicate with anyone from the outside inside Rising Essence. Well, at least he had Tonkia and could even watch her from time to time, so he wouldn't easily lose his mind even when fighting against those Fallen Summoners.

In any case, the limit for a raid was of that of merely 42 people. Yes, that little. This meant that both Kalen and Sylda would easily get a headache whenever their few hundreds of groups moved. Merely, they had some disciplined player as their messenger for their orders and would just need a few dozen seconds to rely their intentions, orders and commands. That was the only setback from not being an Association right now, and it was already an intense headache for them, let alone those like Edorn who were in charge of all the rogue players and some other few hundred of his own.

"Agh- Just tell them to fall back! If we aren't able to take that Obelisk down, it'll be on him, GO!" After comically yet sternly flapping his arms around while screaming to what seemed to be one of those raid leaders or vice-leaders of the raid, Edorn then fell into a depressing silence. Soon enough, however, his eyes shone once again with a lustful gleam as he once again set his eyes on the ongoing one-sided battle in front. It hadn't ceased from being a one-man slaughter -though it was merely skeletons- all this time, and everyone looking from far behind could already tell that the Wall Minion-Skeletons were already beginning to throw away their magical shield thingies-devices, pretty much with the intention of preparing to lunge their bodies towards whatever enemy they saw... if he could make that man fall into such an ordeal and then be lucky enough so that he drops that bow of his... heh heh heh heh.

It wasn't visible at first hand but, anyone who managed to get to here wasn't as simple and idiotic or as ignorant as common people, and would be able to tell -at once- that this not-so-fat fucker was about to run it down once more, he really is lustful and unrestrained for the worst, ugh.

***

 

SHCK-BBPAM SHCK-BBPAM   SHCK-BBPAM SHCK-BBPAM   SHCK-BBPAM SHCK-BBPAM    SHCK-BBPAM SHCK-BBPAM

"Aaagh!!-"

"Pfftah! Pffftah! I got that disgusting sand in my mouth- FUCK, tasts- blaargghhkk-"

"WOT TA FOKK?!"

"C-c-c-could you please- st-OOOOOOOOOOOOP~!!!?"

Shrieks, yells, hell- some people were even vomiting by the weirdest of reasons as they were first in the line to test Tongqiu's might in a way that didn't ended their 'pain' or 'suffering' right away. At this point, some players even walked right towards the enemy's lines in this battlefield just to be taken away and be paid so that they can let go of this absurdity.

Unfortunately for them and for those who previously died without even knowing shit the what nor fuck the what; that they wouldn't receive any kind of compensation, reason being that the system's contract was that of being properly compensated with gold and resources of their sub-class by the groups while some Experience and Fame from the system, however, it was only for the case of aiding the many groups to take down the 'Obelisks' whether or not it succeeded. This meant that whatever it was impeding them from doing so, if killed by them, they would then be compensated without an ounce reneging on their word -since the system's contract has already been effectuated-, meaning... Tongqiu actually accidentally killing them was not someone impeding them for fighting for the intended cause.

...Oh well, in any case; those last 4 wideshots from Tongqiu were merely that of a warning. There were already no more normal mobs and even those Wall Minion-Skeletons have already been decimated, nothing remained of them; at such a point, Tongqiu then 'sensed' some reinforcements coming from the depths of the core area of the Somber Tree region as well as some uncanny, nerve-tickling beings raising up from at least 50 meters deep underground as there were already some skeletal hands with unique, one-of-a-kind garments which were mainly torn apart and ragged, come out from the ground. Those were slowly trying to raise up from the dead, sinister dirt and sand all over these lands, so much that even players hadn't take notice of them.

Indeed, those were the Star Elite 'mobs' that Tongqiu has long ago become aware of and has been waiting for their entrance only to have wasted so much time in the hopes of this people getting somewhere with their strategies. Though Tongqiu became refreshed upon seeing something new, as it was with those 5 minutes of opportunity, he just became dummy bored when he 'saw' those ranged classes oh so slowly move towards the battlefield from afar.

As such, Tongqiu thought: 'Why not just do it at once? I'm not afraid of the unknown and is not like these LV29 Star Elite snacks could compare to the LV45 3 Star Elite, godlike archers from the Courtyard of the Heroic Souls anyway.'

And so, he moved. He did took notice of the players being numbered down for every naughty little wideshot he shot at the enemy's frontlines but... that was also optimal for him, once he received more and more Essence with that silly quest, as well as that vaguely explained Portal Stone, he may be able to get to understand more of his essential weaponry. That could only go right! Never wrong! Besides, he wasn't killing real people this time, it was merely players! And there was still a long time before he could take down that Somber Tree, which he deduced that once he did- everything on this region would become inaccessible. So in Tongqiu's mind, he was doing good for them because, at this point, they definitely wouldn't be able to even take down more than 10 Basic Communication Device. And as there were 15 of those and 3 have already been taken down, it wouldn't be enough to 'unlock' the innermost center of the core area, he was just doing them a favor!

But Tongqiu still thought that; that alone wasn't enough, so he decided to take upon the tiring, exhaustive and mind-corroding task of... talking to them.

 

...

1