Chapter 131 — War Between Regions
108 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

War Between Regions

 

 

 

On this day, where many players were having a relaxed time thinking of the future of the game, their lives and their income; a certainly new, scandalous, unbelievable and impactful development made everyone become totally befuddled.

The reason was truly simple, the system just dropped a few announcements, globally. Only globally.

It consisted of what Tongqiu and Zyv have just provoked, the first clash between different Regions!

*PING* Global System Announcement: 'Journeyer' Tongqiu from Bright Sunset Region has broken through the borders that divide all Regions and successfully arrived at the Eternal Silhouette Region! All 'Journeyers' of Main Kingdom, as the first player to cross through the barrier of the Regional borders, Tongqiu will be granted a special benefit consisting on having gold coins drops from players from Eternal Silhouette Region. Meanwhile, all players from Eternal Silhouette Region will be tremendously punished if 'Journeyer' Tongqiu is not killed within 3 months.

*PING* Global System Announcement: 'Journeyers' from Bright Sunset Region, for every player Tongqiu takes down himself from the Eternal Silhouette Region, he will grant honor and glory to the Bright Sunset Region which will increase the reputation of the Region. Anyone who can aid 'Journeyer' Tongqiu through this massacre will be handsomely rewarded no matter the Region where they come from, unless it is a 'Journeyer' from Eternal Silhouette Region.

*PING* Global System Announcement: In the case that 'Journeyer' Tongqiu is not sent back to his own Region, all 'Journeyers' from Eternal Silhouette Region will have their levels decreased by 10, Experience gained decreased in 20% and items drop rate decreased by 80% for a total of one month. Should 'Journeyer' Tongqiu be killed within the according time, the Eternal Silhouette Region will gain many advantages; SP gain increased by 150%, Experience gained increased by 50%, gold coins drop rate increased by 200% and items drop rate increased by 300% for an entire month.

In but an instant, billions of players all across Main Kingdom in Rising Essence were taken aback by both, Tongqiu's incredible new feat and achievement; as well as the fact that great bonuses, or punishment, will be accordingly granted upon a Region.

Though the punishment was totally unfair for the entire playerbase of the Eternal Silhouette Region, it was also true that the rewards from successfully carrying out such a simple task were beyond what magnanimity could ever be represented like.

In effect, such a turn of events from an ordinary, typical day made the all of the players excited, shocked and more than anything; envious.

"Holy fuck! Why couldn't it be me? Oops, I mean, us?!"

"Goddamit! This bastard is taking all the glory of our Region!"

"Shit! We could do that? How-how, just how the fuck did he do that? I've tried sending so many people to traverse the boundaries of the Region, but it wasn't more than a few days of traveling before they came back with a level less than they were previously at!"

"Motherfucker! Hurry, send news to the masters!"

Of course, there were also certain people who were even more shocked -to say the least- even more so after having just seen their comrade be brutally annihilated in front of themselves. They were about to get a nice little beauty for themselves but, they were now facing such a dilemma?! KILL!

"Fucking bullshit! It's that guy, it is that FUCKING guy! Everyone! Go, take him down!"

"AAAAAAH!!"

"GLORY FOR OUR REGION!"

Naturally, no one was stupid enough NOT to start recording this to do both, promote their own group as well as to look good to all players, especially those from their own Eternal Silhouette Region.

. . .

 

How many were they? Tens of thousands.

Were they that many? Not that much more than thirty thousand players all around this area.

'This private dungeon, must be so good! If they only managed to find it not too long ago, then it shows how unique it is. If Little Zyv found it long ago with her incredible unique properties of her hidden class, then it is also to show hos incredible it must be, right? At least out of the scope of 'normality' I believe.' Tongqiu was thinking; very, very deeply as he continued to make a little massacre of the melee players who would get close to him like he was nothing.

Swish!

With his left hand holding his Light-Absorbing Flaming Gladius horizontally, Tongqiu brandished it towards the chest of a mage-type class as he easily one-shot the fucker, the player died with his eyes wide open and his mouth gaping in an large oval manner.

-9,549.

+95.

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player, 'Merlin's Bastard Son'.

"Shit! Fuck! He killed another, get him. Just get him!" Before the players who were just in a daze could start drowning Tongqiu with their numbers, they found out that he once again disappeared from their sight.

"Holy shit! Must be a hidden class!" Indeed, holy shit, but not 'only' because of the fact that it was indeed a really special class. Instead, it was the fact that Tongqiu's Movement Speed was 188%, now THAT was incredible. Totally incredulous; and if that wasn't enough then his title 'Overlord' which granted him an additional 15% Movement Speed might be enough to bring Tongqiu's capabilities to a level of 'beyond bullying'.

Having a total of 192% Movement Speed was probably not even going to be seen even at the late-stages of the game, let alone now that he had so much buffs from his equipment and titles that'll increase them in so damn much.

One thing was sure, no one would really want to use this Great Petal Suit since it gave no stats whatsoever, at least the important ones, like STR, INT, LCK and the like.

It was a bless that Tongqiu couldn't care about it with the abnormalities that presented for him to carry the 'burden' of his Evil Saint class.

-2,729, -2,721, -2,738, -2,723, -2,728, -2,891, -2,731, -2,729...

*PING*...your party member, Zyv, has successfully killed a player, 'Leodina'.

*PING*...your party member, Zyv, has successfully killed a player, 'Xmas Hater'.

Meanwhile, a few dozen meters away from where he was targeting the easiest players to take off in one single swing of his gladiuses boosted by Transient Divine Burst; Zyv was instantaneously killing so many players per second. Every time she remained in one spot, 7 melee players or so would get close to her in but a moment as she dealt with them in 2 seconds with the incredible effect of her skills.

It was a pity that the kills she made weren't the same that those Tongqiu himself did nor those that Rosey did, as Tongqiu didn't receive any numbers up from her killing spree.

Previously, his 'mysterious' task from his Evil Saint class was at 6,901 after having dealt with those little idiots from when he was farming those creepy faced balls of rocks. But with the time they've spent here, or rather wasted, to kill inside this insane amount of players was enough to raise it up to 8,171 even though they've been here for about 20 minutes already.

Unlike before, Tongqiu wasn't feeling tired from making use of his Mental Power to detect each and every single incoming attack towards him even in 3 km all around him. Not that it was the most useful since not many ranged classes were good enough to travel that distance, be as fast as possible and accurate as possible to hit the target. Especially if we're talking about someone like Tongqiu, or just Tongqiu himself.

Suddenly, an ethereal and soothing voice entered his mind in slight worry.

"Big Brother Wolf, hurry up and fetch me! Rosey is too far away and I don't want her to use her limited skill again!"

"Oh." Giving her a little response and even nodding right after before making a sudden dash towards her direction, Tongqiu then made his way towards her while still taking the HP of these players down to 0 in large quantities.

-9,549, -9,549, -12,127, -9,088, -9,792, -21,934, -9,701, -9,540, -9,404, -12,395, -12,001, -9,311...

+95, +95, +121, +90, +97, +220, +97, +95, +94, +124, +120, +93...

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player, 'Merlin's Bastard Son'.

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player, 'Bobotata'.

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player, 'Botobaba'.

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player, 'Bobopapa'.

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player, 'Daddy's Girl'.

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player...

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player...

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player...

With only three solid seconds having passed by, along with Tongqiu's dual gladiuses taking the same stance as before as he used 4 continuous dashes from the King of Dueling bracelet, he instantly decimated dozens of other players that were in the way before he arrived at Zyv's location.

"Ah!" Being grabbed so abruptly by her waist, Zyv was about to summon dear lightning when she realized that the reason she wasn't on guard against it in the first place and why had the lightning from the sky not struck down was precisely because it was from Tongqiu, a touch, smell and warmth she so very much adores. In other words, even the system AI would be speechless at her sudden revelation; she merely let out a cute yelp before letting her head rest on his chest with a little sly grin formed at her face.

'Cunning little thing.' Tongqiu thought as he dragged away both their bodies towards Rosey's general direction while also sending her little messages.

'Rosey! A bit more of playtime, then we leave!'

In return, he heard the melodic, ethereal sounds of Rosey that seemed to be of that of a child who was deeply engrossed with playing with her toys that she didn't even processed his words yet understood them at the same time: "Brr. Brrrr, brr!"

Tongqiu could even 'see' her bring her little left thumb up as if in response to his nagging, he speechlessly continued to make his way towards her which was also the path to take so as to arrive at the oh so disputed private dungeon's entrance.

"Rosey!" Having arrived before the little monster's 'hunting grounds', Tongqiu yelled out at her in alarm so as to prompt her up to stop dillydallying and get the fuck out of here.

"AAAH!! Where the fuck is that thing?! Kill it, kill it, KILL IT!!"

"BURN IT, burn the shitty little thing down, fuck!"

"OVER THERE! Wait, no-n-no, over there, there! Oh- fuck!!"

While actually floating 2 meters atop the heads of the players swarming around without even knowing what to do anymore, Rosey actually made a 'V' sign before taking out her tongue and rushing towards Tongqiu.

Thud~.

With a little sound complementing her landing on the other side of Tongqiu's chest, Rosey made a few 'brr~!' at her partner in 'using' Tongqiu's warmth before amply closing her eyes in enjoyment, completely ignoring the cries filled with terror and actually terrorized players running around mindlessly.

"O-okay, we're leaving for the place now. So, hold on! Rosey, Bloodline, now!" Feeling slightly helpless, Tongqiu ignored this absurd scenes as he then ordered Rosey to grant him hella crazy amounts of speed instead!

"Brr-brrr~!"

After giving a few obedient 'words' in response, Rosey's entire body started showing one or two veins become 'full' and powerful looking before disappearing, as they disappeared there was an additional resplendent colorless aura around Rosey which was also now enshrouding Tongqiu's body. Once that colorless resplendent aura took place around both their bodies, Tongqiu wrapped Zyv's entire body with his Mental Power to protect her virtual body from shredding to pieces before making a beyond-belief-and-common-knowledge run for the private dungeon's entrance at lightning speeds!

Rosey's Bloodline!

*PING*... host's body is enveloped and strengthened by host's pet. Thanks to host and 'Rosey' compatibility and type of body, host will be provided with Movement Speed+100% and Attack/Action Speed+100% for 50 seconds and 30 seconds of invulnerability, no CC nor any other altered effect can take place on host's very own being.

Fwoo~~... WHOOOSH!!!!

PAM!

Along with the silent sound of almost becoming nothing himself, the following sounds were that of an object going far away in the distance towards some place; it was just that, with their speed, a sound that would make any ordinary person falter in fear was heard, and that was the first sound.

The second sound to be hear was that of the laws of the world, Main Kingdom, were being limit tested by the almost 300% Movement Speed and 300% Attack/Action Speed ongoing monster that was Tongqiu. It was as if about to burst and create ripples in space or even... Reality!

In fact, it wasn't just sounds, as people -players- were actually affected by this development directly.

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player, 'OneAndOnly'.

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player, 'KlearAis'.

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player, 'NotReal'.

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player, 'xXxLoLxXx'.

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player, 'Cheating Test'.

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player, 'Little Bastard'.

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player, 'Gummy'.

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player...

*PING*...you have successfully killed a player...

'Holy fuck... Okay, this is... yeah, I like this.' Though Tongqiu primarily wanted to properly think about what just happened even as he made his way through dozens of hundreds of meters in but a couple of seconds, couldn't help but not give it too much though as he became satisfied and crazy from the feeling instead.

Only taking care of relishing on the sensation going through his entire body, inside and outside. From his cells to his organs, to his skin and his teeth, nose and even hair.

It was a long time since he felt this kind of drowning-in-pleasure-from-nature kind of sensation; from having first experienced it in a little forest that was pretty much peaceful and totally not filled with monsters like the surroundings of a Novice Village- to now, was a reminder for Tongqiu's past when he stupidly destroyed even further the state of his health with a sudden obsession.

'Heh, was I too laughable of an... existence? Hm...'

"Hmph~."

"Eh?" Little Zyv could more or less feel the state that her big brother wolfy was in from the way his breathing and the beating of his heart became right after entering into this hella incredible moving speed. While she herself was basking in the tremendous stimulation going through her mind and body from going at such speeds, the 'lost in pleasure' sense that Tongqiu gave her made her flinch back into reality which also made her exclaim in wonder to his sudden snort.

She then looked to her surroundings, even as they changed every moment in a blurry manner, as she then discovered that she was being 'held' by Tongqiu in some manner that not even she herself has had ever thought of doing so before.

Zyv also became aware that were she not to be properly protected while moving at these speeds and without her transformation, she would've died long ago as little pieces of her body were the only pixels to disappear after a little while, with obviously not a complete corpse.

It wasn't real life, sure, but the thought of it alone was enough to cause disgust to appear on her face.

"Hmph~, scared now?" Naturally, Tongqiu realized of her antics the very first moments she 'woke up' from her previous mild trance state of enjoying the sensation of moving at possible almost lightning speeds.

She responded with a pitiful appearance before resting once again her little head on Tongqiu's masculine and safeguarding chest: "Mn, scared. Hug?"

Grinning at her still ongoing antics, Tongqiu brought the top of her head right before his neck as she was then embraced by the shoulders into an almost fetal position. Despite blushing profusely at fist, she obediently accepted her current conditions, which she suspected were a petty vendetta from her previous 'advances' on her big brother wolfy.

"Brrr... brrr... brr..."

Meanwhile, Rosey had a great time sleeping between Tongqiu's manly chest and the soothing, heavenly fragrance coming from Zyv's left arm and immortal-like skin as she muttered ever so slightly in her sleep.

Tongqiu checked the current progress from having made that last 'dash' from before, his feet didn't feel uncomfortable nor were 'seen' hurt by having stomped the ground way too harshly as he did before. It was not that he shouldn't have made such a powerful dash, in fact, Tongqiu had already began his entire Movement Speed stat yet it wasn't as destructive as the first few steps he made.

Obviously, such an unbelievable and actually 'magical' move wasn't easy to make, he would probably only be able to do so when having accumulated enough strength in his body as well as resistance in his legs, otherwise they'd break as he had to lend a lot of his current Mental Power to protect Little Zyv.

In any case, his 'mysterious' task went from [Players killed 8,171/10,000], to [Players killed 13,101/10,000].

'Well fuck.' Well fuck indeed, he slightly underestimated Bloodline's capabilities of opening so many possibilities and opportunities at the time of using it, he has once again been negligent. Tongqiu would have to spend some time studying Rosey's potential and his' along with her.

As for the why there was a 13,101 completion of the task instead of a new one and why he hasn't received its rewards? He merely thought it to be an option, a possibility, that was slowly making its way to the 'lost in thought' zone inside Tongqiu's head.

. . .

 

"Okay, I'm here now." A voice who was denouncing angry derogative presence as well as authority resounded among the 20,000 and a little more of players.

"What the hell is going on?" At the sound of his next words, the players -the remaining ones- all around him lowered their heads in shame, until finally one of them spoke out in truth.

"Master Zynfyl, it's Jonny who made this all go to shit! He wanted to try and rape another player, this time even younger. We... We didn't dare contact you, please forgive our stupidity!" The player who spoke out was clearly trembling, not of fear but of shame and guilt instead, it wasn't something new in their group after all.

"..."

'Zynfyl' remained silent. He was a close to his thirties-looking handsome and stern man. He also had strong eyebrow brows that easily gave any kind of person the feeling that he wasn't a blade without having tasted blood. Either in a rather experienced manner, or a personality-like manner. His iris and pupils were totally black with some grey in the middle while he was quite tall himself.

After some seconds of torturing quietness, Zynfyl then spoke out: "Rog, go ahead, behead this useless crap. You, I see you're recording, upload it to the forums. Let it be known exactly what his face looks like and how he sounds like, got it?"

Giving the handle of his sword at the side of his waist a light grip, Zynfyl looked at a player who had an obvious icon on top of his head that indicated his recording feature, the player nodded like a chicken while apologizing for not turning it off at this moment before following the one who seemed to be called Rog.

Rog, a strong tower-like man with an ordinary appearance made his way through the crowd, his spear already aiming at a certain player who he was in the middle of kicking out of their allied raid. Rog also had heavy armor on, at least Powerful grade for every single part of his equipment.

 

...

1