Chapter 212 — Cleaning The Obsidian Mountain Range And Reading Session
79 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cleaning The Obsidian Mountain Range And Reading Session

 

 

 

Ahhh, a new day, a new beginning. Isn't that right?

SHCK-BBPAM SHCK-BBPAM SHCK-BBPAM SHCK-BBPAM SHCK-BBPAM SHCK-BBPAM SHCK-BBPAM...

-98,878, -78,133, -98,113, -269,715, -269,715, -144,577...

*PING*...you've successfully killed a LV75 'Matriarch Monarch...

*PING*...you have levelled up, now LV77, HP+250, MP+250 and Stamina+250, Mind Power+3, Intent+2, Heart Connection+2...

*PING*...your pet 'Rosey' has levelled up, now LV77, HP+975, MP+3,900, Stamina+3,250, Physical Power+390, Magical Power+488, Physical Defense+78 and Magical Defense+78.

"Haah... okay, everything's cleaned up for now. Ah, let me see..." Yun Beishang said towards little Rosey behind him as he got closer in on to see the huge, wide and deep hole that the many Abysmal Race's higher-ups have caused over the course of three days of battling. At some point, those motherfuckers moved to come out their lair from the very same hole over and over again. They noticed that, if they kept on being under attack for so long, it'll be an easier way to send reinforcements.

And boy, did it work.

Yun Beishang's daily quota became that of a couple few millions ever since the first day, and only two more days had gone by. Today, another Monarch had appeared among the Abysmal Race and the previous little lovers of the late Monarch passed on to another's bed lovingly. Yet, only to have their lovey-monstrously-dovey time interrupted by their extinction-level enemy.

The worst? It wasn't the army of meatbags they already thought would appear, that ended up ignoring their blatant advances instead, but a single meatbag instead, only one human! Terrible!!

Still, as the brand new Matriarch Monarch of the Abysmal Race was sent towards little heaven of Abysmal creatures deep in their religious beliefs, the rest of the surviving Abysmal creatures went back their nests, lairs and hiding spots after their morale tuned down even farther into the hopelessness of their monstrous hearts.

"Oh? Wait, look! I think... oh my- these babies are alive?! There are some eggs too!" Yun Beishang suddenly noticed a strange movement behind himself, right where the porcupine-holed late second Matriarch Monarch of the Abysmal Race's corpse had already disappeared.

Some little things, even smaller than Rosey's previous form, began emanating with viscous liquids of dark-purple, brown, swampy green and even red all over their tiny bodies.

"Brr? Ptrr? Brr...brrr?" Rosey made confused  noises, as her head tilted and tilted while seemingly asking her big brother stuff.

"No! Rosey, no! Can't eat them, let's allow Zyv to prepared them instead. Or, when I can raise them by myself, heh heh heh heh." Previously, when Yun Beishang used that terrifying combination of skills that ended up doing more than three dozens of millions points in damage, he similarly destroyed EVERYTHING in his surroundings. Which was also the main reason for the big damn hole being so wide right now.

At the same moment, he destroyed the living things inside the Matriarch Monarch's... body, as it didn't seem to have a belly. Along with some of the eggs, the unborn children of the thing went 'poof' after Yun Beishang's merciless bombardment. Shit happens, and unfortunately, Yun Beishang couldn't get any shit from that Matriarch Monarch of the Abysmal Race.

This time, however, he managed to kill another such Matriarch Monarch of the Abysmal Race while getting some of her shit in exchange.

Seeing those little things come outside their mother's corpse and search for a source of food, Yun Beishang opened his eyes wide and while dashing to pick every single one of them, he also coaxed little Rosey who now had a slight pout on her cutesy face.

"Little Sis, if you help me catch all these up as well as those in the future. Ah! Also any eggs like... 'these' that we see. Then I'll teach you more and more words everyday but, you have to bear with me, okay? I only know so much of teaching others how to speak a, uh... Just help me out! Okay?"

"BRR?!" Intensely intrigued, excited and encouraged, Rosey visibly trembled before turning into a blurred speck of an image that left afterimages here and there; catching up every little tiny thing moving in the surroundings as well as collecting those eggs that were still in the mother's body all around inside it.

Plop! Plop! Plop! Plop!

A minute later, a ton bunch of silly and blind new babies brought to this terrific word were presented before their mother's killer!

Looking at them with their tightly closed eyes denying the sun, Yun Beishang patted Rosey's little head with her three petals beautifully dancing at his touch before sending them all to the White Space. Then, he picked up Rosey by her armpits as he told her ever so softly: "Okay. little Rosey. Let's take a look at this and I'm gonna let you read, in your head, then try to say a few words first. Okay?"

"Brr, brrr!" Rosey nodded obediently while bringing her little left hand to cup her own head, appearing cute and adorable for the 'weak of heart' Yun Beishang.

"Okay. Okay... then, ah, this one here. Read it and pass it to me..." Then, as Yun Beishang placed a jade piece on her little palms, he let her read it for a little as she sent her understanding via Mental Power.

Rosey already knew how to write, as well as to read of course, but she had her own problems for speaking and; Yun Beishang figure that she should be able to speak sooner in a better way if he aided her slightly.

Also... he needed some practice himself, no? Tonkia was right about to give birth to his children, wow, inside a game; the simple thought of that would give Yun Beishang a rotund thunder few thumps on his chest.

He had only teached one being when he was a child himself, and only aided another little person thanks to his little sister's petitions but, never a being of 'another world', as it was with this game... It.. was something that provoked him with endless thoughts. Even if it was inside a game, one cannot treat it as a playing feature anymore giving the circumstances, right so?

And letting Rosey be his sweet guinea pig was more than perfect! He had seen Tornyllia do it, and it wasn't rocket science, so he wasn't going to over complicate these matters. In fact, aiding Rosey was more than what Yun Beishang wanted to do; could do.

And now, the little Rosey was calmly reading through the jade piece while, Yun Beishang slightly stared at her with a knowing glance. She was, as of right now, acting with her eyebrows -that were root-like bright verdant petals for now- furrowed tightly and her eyes diligently looking at the jade piece on her little palms. Making this type of scene with and for Yun Beishang, only.

"Brrrr... brr. Brr, brr... brr... brr. Brr!"

'There-was-once-a...beautiful little sun. Surrounded by endless stars... but lonely... and alienated. So a moon appeared to...'

Receiving Yun Beishang's words inside his head, while Rosey also intended to speak words out of her throat, made it both; hard and warming for the big brother here to watch her painfully not give up on starting talking after suffering such a physical trauma.

Rosey was, although just a true child in her mentality, also a being that could not be fathomed even in this pixeled word of magic, fantasy and terror. So her thoughts and stance on being injured to the point of becoming a mute weren't those that a normal girl would have, in fact, were it for her not to be rescued and adopted as Yun Beishang's little sister back then; and be rescued by another player instead, she would probably be a lifeless life form in search for a purpose, whatever that could be. In a sense, Yun Beishang himself, now became what someone else was for him since at a very, very early age.

To this realization, Yun Beishang just shrugged his shoulders, whether or not she was dependent on him; he didn't care. He would always remain to her side, protect her and... not letting her suffer. Which, inadvertently, he had already seen before.

Even if she was 'immortal' thanks to her unique skills and furthermore as a player's pet in the pet system's feature, even if it seemed just a virtual reality. It was his to decide, not others; it was his own life and... path, not that of others.

"Okay, now now, look at me and look at my throat. I'm gonna exaggerate my movements so that you can see, look well or I'll hit your bum again..." The big brother of the little sister, as if the story repeated itself, came to be once again as the slightly grinning yet strict Yun Beishang dutifully teached his Little Rosey who was cutely grinning in response; her eyes glinting with dear understanding and care, with affection.

. . .

 

A few more cycles of killing a Matriarch Monarch of the Abysmal Race, then waiting for two days before being able to see another one in the second day, and killing it again; went by a couple more of times. Like this, Yun Beishang's level soared to an incredible degree, so much that he was yet once again creating sensations all over the Rising Essence's forums. No one knew what was up, and no one knew what he had done, how or what he got from doing so many untold mysteries.

All except for one; Lotion Lost, even then though, it wasn't that he knew it all. Just a little. His post, however, was shocking for everyone to see, especially the last few words.

 

[Sightings of a powerful entity!]

Author: Lotion Lost | Posted 2 days ago

"Hello. Well I know most of you are already going to the comments to mock me but, as I'm writing this post with the help of a dear friend of mine that thanks to him I was no longer being targeted by some of you, I realize that there is just not a way to help you guys if you're not even interested."

"So, a few days ago, I saw what I believe to be the culmination of an epic battle! It was incredible, mostly because, as soon as I saw it, the entire area where I was trekking around instantly went berserk!"

"Everything around me, my dear friend, the Union players (ah, I just remember that some of them died in the incident and lost some levels, sorry, I forgot to put a public apology) and the contracted high-levelled players began quaking as if it was the epicenter of one of those earthquakes we've heard so much from the history books. It was spine-chilling! I couldn't move a single bit and I just stood rooted on the spot, watching the tower trees sway about in absurd, quick and erratic manners. Like watching a ghost/terror movie!"

"Then, as my friend saved me. I realized something, the place from where I was and the place from where I saw the figure of a person, dealing a devastating... 'something' towards an enemy of theirs. That the responsible for occasioning that was none other than a player! I know you wouldn't believe unless you guys all saw it on your own! But... I don't have any footage of it."

"I'm terribly sorry and I promise I will not have this small mistake occur again for my future discoveries."

"What I'm going with the reason of why I posted such an impossible to anticipate thread about 'something I just saw' is that... does anybody remember Tongqiu? That guy... the guy that has had recently become the PKs and 'bounty hunters' all around the game to become crazy to hunt him down as well as to know how did that demon disappeared from nowhere? Well. I think that this player that everyone is looking for, it's exactly the person that managed to create such a terrible outcome for such an expansive scope of terrain. Good luck to that. Also, if he needed to execute such a never-before-seen skill for defeating a BOSS, which I believe it has to be an Enlightened grade one (I think, it may just be a Lord grade one, I'm sorry if I'm wrong, truly), then what about the rest of the ignored and left out special events all around Main Kingdom? Especially outside the owned territory of the Sub-Divisions?"

"We were supposed not to let what happened in the Novice Villages, to happen again, weren't we?"

(2.77B Upvotes) - (36.4B Comments)

 

"Hmpfah, he's right nomnomnom. Gaah~, what do you think, Rosey?" Yun Beishang said while munching down a Harpy's Delicious Dumpling while giving the cute little child beside him a little piece of it and ignoring the useless system's notification from having received a buff from it. After all, only the Hit Rate+10% would've worked, and it was useless as of now.

"Nom~ brrr! Nomnomnom..." After taking a tiny bite from the dumpling made from a Harpy's skin, that was delicious and with a perfect texture to say the least thanks to his Little Zyv, Little Rosey became absurdly entranced by the flavor and sensation from the little piece of dumpling she was given. As she then started to devour it nonstop until nothing was left out after just 7 bites.

"Here, take. You've practiced well today, Little Sister." Yun Beishang passed a whole Harpy's Delicious Dumpling to Rosey as she gazed at him with those damn 'can't say no' eyes. Then patting her on the head in a sense of reclaiming self-esteem before proceeding to read more stuff on the forums. And this time, stuff that has been known for almost quite some months already.

It has been not easy to be at an all-time sensing underneath the ground and searching for any possible ambush as well as directing his guard towards the every single move for each Abysmal creature thorough the entire time. But things were getting better, Yun Beishang and Rosey weren't fighting as profusely as before; full at concentration and at full power all the time. Unlike before, since he had already tested the waters, Yun Beishang decided not to go ahead and try using Supreme Last Stand again, it was a really scary skill and, though he could manipulate it perfectly, he could not lower its power and destruction. Those things... those things were better used in a fit of rage and madness. To be able to get himself below 10% total HP, that wasn't a healthy thought. Eh, but he wasn't healthy mentally to start with... oh well. He kept reading after taking a look at the 'top' threads of all times as well as some that were simply new but hot at the same time.

 

—'First Advancement Classes, All Revealed!' | (9B Upvotes) - (4B Comments[Locked by Moderators]) | Posted 3 months and 12 days ago

—'Soloing a Lord grade BOSS, finally after months of tryouts' | (4B Upvotes) - (9.17 Comments) | Posted 2 weeks ago

—'Tongqiu.Is.Back!' | (2B Upvotes) - (20B Comments) | Posted a week ago

—'Rising Essence Report of the second update #13' | (1.01B Upvotes) - (2B Commetns) | Posted 1 week and 2 days ago

—'Everyone to the levelling portals! Now! New notice!!' | (9.32B Upvotes) - (40B Comments) | Posted a month and 20 days ago

—'Unions Rising! Looking for even more partnering with new Associations' | (4.2B Upvotes) - (16.12B Comments [Locked by Moderators]) | Posted 9 days ago

 

As for the thread with the title of 'Unions Rising! Looking for even more partnering with new Associations' was about; it all consisted on the few spokespersons of all Unions presenting to the world not only an obvious ambition for expansion but also, to present to the world the world-wide alliance through Main Kingdom.

Oh, they were going serious. The gains from managing such Unions as either a member of a council, the one and only leader or a small group of executives inside an Union, were too damn big not for it to be coveted and desired. Yet, there were many failures of Unions that went downhill after a few days of being created, even with the backing of the Founding Clans, it was confirmed that one needed to be a 'true' Union to succeed in the game and not a schemed or planned takeover for power from another outside party.

It was not any longer because of the fact that people from Unions and those that wanted to join one or work for one were all of a single heart of thought, but that there was also the incredible ambition of other casual players turned into sub-class only for the sake of having something to do in life -even though it's obviously made in a game-, and to be able to make honest money from it as well.

In short, as shady, crooked and profiteering business inside the game became obsolete; the true Unions and Union leaders began rising to the prime of Rising Essence, creating more opportunities for everybody and, expanding to an unprecedented degree in quite a short amount of time.

Reading through the expansive, well-damn-informed thread, Yun Beishang felt that he could take some inspiration from learning of these things. He must thank Yona on her heads up for bringing this particular post into his head earlier on, thank her very, very good and profoundly.

Then, he read the 'First Advancement Classes, All Revealed!' thread next.

If there was one thing that Yun Beishang could understand right away, even after giving it a perfunctory quick glare over the entirety of the long-spaced thread, was that there were many, many, many many. Not text, which it was though not that much, but classes. There were so damn many First Advancement classes that Yun Beishang thought he was looking at the list of several other game's classes instead, only accepting it when he saw some of the examples that showed the names from basic classes to the so-called 'First Advancement' ones. It was truly a lot.

 

...

 


Let It Rain's Note: So, as for showing Yun Beishang's and Rosey's status windows... I've decided to not do it every time he levels up like before. As, there are many skills that he can now make a little tiny bit of synergy with, and is a lot of movement here and there to take the exact numbers out. So, to allow myself some breathing space, I'll show up the status windows from all those, when there is going to be a big BOSS fight or levelled up to max level. Thank you everyone for reading~.

V3: #1 2/10

1