Chapter 4: The prodigy
420 7 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's note: I don't mean to be rude, but chapter 3 got just a little bit more than half of the views from the first and second chapter. If there's anything that "turns you off" about the fanfic, please tell me in the comments so that I could improve it in the future. Thanks!

 

"I finally found you, Krista Lenz...no, Historia Reiss"

Eren emerged from the shadows and holds his bleeding right hand up for them to see, Ymir instinctively hid Historia behind her and stare daggers at Eren

"Oi oi, do you really want to do 'that' here?!" She said with a trembling voice, knowing what Eren is

"Out of my way, I have no business with you." He takes out a small box and opens it, revealing a syringe and a tiny empty cup 

"What is that for, a drug test? We aren't crackheads y'know!" Ymir asked sarcastically, Eren sighed and places his hands on the handle of his wooden sword wrapped in bandages. "No, I just need a blood sample from her. We can either do this the easy way or the hard way, the choice is yours"

"Oh? What if we refuse?" She smirks and gets into a fighting stance.

"I see, you chose the hard way then" Eren draws his wooden sword and slices the bandages off in a split second. With a swing of a sword, he splits the ground, drawing a vertical line between Ymir and Historia.

Ymir looks at the dent on the ground with a flabbergasted expression then back at Eren, she felt something moist ran down her cheek, it was blood.

"This is your final warning. Step aside, or else there will be bloodshed" The two of them stared at each other for a solid ten seconds

"YOU THREE! WHY ARE YOU NOT IN YOUR DORMITORY?!" An instructor shouted as he walks to them

"I guess we'll continue this next time" When Ymir and Historia turns back to Eren, he was already gone

'HEY! I'M TALKING TO YOU!"

 

The next day, the instructor lined them up on the field to test their aptitudes for the 3D maneuver gear. The test is that they would have to balance themselves while mid air when their belts are attached to metal poles.

"First off, we'll test your aptitude! Those incapable of this aren't suited to even be used as decoys! We'll have you transferred to reclaimed lands!"

"Hey instructor! Isn't my belt defective?" The instructor flinched at Eren's discovery. He was a dear friend of Eren's father. Grisha Jaeger, the instructor purposely sabotaged his gear knowing he would be torn apart outside of the walls. But now that Eren has found out, there's nothing else he could do. The instructor inspected the belt

"Yes, the metal fixtures of your belt were damaged, its a defective equipment. Here's another one"

With this Eren began his aptitude test, it was surprisingly easy. It was so easy for Eren to the point that he started doing stunts mid-air while the others cheered him on.

 

"Though this is but the most basic of tests, you can perceive one's aptitude for three-dimensional maneuvers at this point." Another instructor is explaining the concept of the test to his assistant, he points at Mikasa

"Look, she's not wavering in the slightest. She likely understands what to do and how to do it. That's what I call aptitude" He smiles "It appears we have a lot of talent this year."

"Um, what about him?" The assistant points at Eren who is moving freely mid-air while striking a casual conversation with Mikasa, as if the test was just a walk in the park.

"That's another example of aptitude. An absolute prodigy, that is."

 

With that, the aptitude test was over. Trainees came to Eren one by one for advise on the three-dimensional maneuver in hopes that they do better on the re-examination the next day. However, Eren simply ignored them since he couldn't be bothered to teach some cannon fodders who are just going to die a few years later.

Later that evening, Eren could be seen in the wood nearby training Mikasa in swordsmanship and total concentration breathing. Eren decides to only train her in the breathing techniques for now, it will make mastering breathing forms a lot easier that way  Everyday, he's pushing her lungs to the upmost limits in order to achieve the best results. After hours upon hours of efforts, Mikasa finally managed to shatter a clay gourd that is about half her size

"Alright, that''s enough for today." Eren hands Mikasa a flask of water "Here, have some water. You must be very thirsty"

Mikasa took the water from his hands and chugged the entire flask. Eren wraps his arms around Mikasa and gave her a warm hug, she was surprised at first but gradually accepted it with an obvious blush all over her face. "You did a wonderful job today , Mikasa."

She smiles before passing out from exhaustion in his arms 

"God, she must be tired. Can't blame her though, I almost busted my lungs when I first started training." Eren thought to herself as he carries Mikasa back to her dorms.

He knocks on the door of Mikasa's dorm, Ymir unexpectedly opens the door.

"Oh, you?"

Eren walks right past her and tucks Mikasa into bed

"Holy shit, did you fuck her brains out or what?!" Ymir said sarcastically and starts to laugh hysterically

"I DID NO SUCH THING!" For once, Eren lost his composure. That made Ymir laugh even more

"PFFT- HAHAHAHAHAHA! LOOK AT YOUR FACE! ITS PRICELESS! AHAHAHAHA!!!!"

 

2 years later...

 

It is time for an exam that would determine the cadets' rank amongst their peers. The first phase of the exam is to test their slashing strength against titans/

In the forest near training corps base, several figures could be seen traveling through the woods in high speeds, leaving a trail of smoke behind them.

Three of them approach a model titan made of wood and cuts its nape, one of the cuts are shallower than the other 2. 

"Damn, I'm no match for their slashing ability. I'll just have to spot the titans first!" Jean thought to himself as he increases his speed towards the next wooden titan.

"I'm going to enlist in the military police brigades!" Finally, Jean spotted a titan first. "heh!"

"Thanks, Jean!" Connie said as he goes past Jean towards the titan's nape. "Following you was a good call!"

Just as Connie was about to get the first cut, a figure jumps up from the ground

"Breath of the sun, first form: Dance" With one strike, Eren beheads the wooden titan along with the nape. Connie was barely able to dodge the wooden head falling towards him

"GOD-DAMNIT, EREN! LEAVE SOME FOR US, WILL YA?!" Connie shouted 

"Ah sorry, didn't see you there, Connie" Eren replies sarcastically before running towards the next titan at immense speeds.

'YAEGER! How many times have I told you to not destroy the model titans?!"

"My sincere apologies, instructor!" 

 

Suddenly, Eren's slayer mark grew all the way up to the top of his neck, making his mark barely visible to the others. Eren's vision of the world changed again, he saw a few red dots on the ground close to him

"Found them" 

In these 2 years, Eren has complete mastery of the Transparent World and the Bright Red Blade, which will be a great help to him in dealing with titans and titan shifters. As for the method Eren use to locate the wooden titans, its very simple. Even though those fake titans aren't living beings, the instructors who sets them up are. All he has to do is locate the instructors who sets up the titans, that way, he could easily learn their location to get ahead of everyone else.

Just as the instructors finished setting up the titans, Eren and Mikasa rushed towards the 2 model titans.

"Breath of the sun, fourth form: Burning Bones, Summer Sun"

Eren was able to cut the titan's entire head off while Mikasa cut through half of the titan's head

Mikasa, too, has improved in these 2 years. In terms of physical strength and speed alone, she is almost on par with Eren. You could almost say she was born to learn the breathing techniques, she literally has lungs of steel.

Needless to say, Eren and Mikasa passed the first phase of the exam with flying colors.

 

The second phase of the exam is hand-to-hand combat. One person will be the soldier, and the other would be a ruffian holding a wooden knife. Eren got paired up with Reiner first.

"HAAAHHHHH!!!" Reiner rushed towards Eren with the wooden knife. However, Eren knocked the knife right out of his hands and sent him straight to the ground with a kick in the abdomen. Eren picks up the knife and holds his hand out for Reiner

"Sorry about that, I'm terrible at controlling my strength."

That was a lie

"Remember this well, Reiner, this is only a tiny sample of what I am going to do to you in the near future." Eren thought to himself while maintaining a friendly smile on the outside. When I say friendly smile, I mean the Gin Ichimaru from Bleach kind of smile, friendly on the outside but menacing in hindsight.

"Next is your turn to be the ruffian", Eren doesn't take the knife at first. "What's wrong?"

"Look over there" Eren said

"Oh, Annie huh?"

"She's slacking off while eluding the instructor's attention again." 

"Alright, Eren. That insincere girl needs a good lecturing. Let's show her what a soldier should really be like." Reiner says as he stops Annie in her tracks. "Not too fond of the instructor's headbutts? If you don't want to shrink any further, recall the time you first came here and show some effort"

Annie's expression darkens as Reiner pats Eren's shoulders

"Well then, we are starting, Eren"

"Huh? Me?"

 

Eren shrugs as both of them assumes fighting stance. He takes a deep breath and releases his killing intent, which caught Annie off-guard, causing her to stumble back a bit. 

"Compose yourself" Annie's eyes widens as she returns to her fighting stance

"You must hold your stance, extend your consciousness. Do not let your guard down."

In a split second, Eren's knife is one atom away from Annie's neck.

"I win" The second Eren withdraws his knife, Annie collapsed onto the ground with a dazed face.

 

--> To Be Continued

 

15