Chapter 6: Taking it Easy
536 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following morning, Eren woke up in Mikasa's embrace. He groggily looks around and saw that he was still in Mikasa's dorm.

"Finally woke up, sleepyhead?" Ymir teased while laying down on her bunkbed, and the other female cadets are giving him a weird look. Eren yawns and tried to pull his head out of Mikasa's breasts, only for her to unconsciously push him right back down.

"Pfft~ you two sure are close" 

"Oh shut up, Ymir" Eren said with a muffled voice, that only made Ymir wanting to tease the couple more.

"Awe come on, don't be like that~ I was just saying you two look adorable together."

"I said shut it, Ymir!"

"Fine fine~"

 

Mikasa finally woke up from her slumber after what seems like an eternity. She hugged Eren one last time before getting up to fix her hair.

"Well, I guess I will take my leave. See you soon, Mikasa."

She nodded with a smile as Eren gave her one last kiss before exiting her dorm. Ymir immediately starts teasing Mikasa about how adorable she becomes when she's around him, which caused her face slowly turning red as a tomato.

"Ymir, could you lend me one of your hair ties?"

"Huh? Oh uh...yeah, sure thing" Ymir was surprised by her sudden request, Mikasa doesn't usually request something like this. She takes one of her hair ties and gave it to Mikasa

"Thanks." Mikasa took it and starts to tie her hair, the end result made Ymir's jaws drop to the floor.

Mikasa Ackerman with long hair | Personagens de anime feminino, Personagens  de anime, Ninja mulher

"Holy shit...!"

 

Eren returns to his dorm and high-fived his dorm mates, they then held him up and kept tossing him into the air as if he won a major sports championship.

Later that day, Eren and Mikasa decided to train in the forest again. Since Eren was in the top 4, he along with the others were given the day off. As usual, Mikasa is trying to shatter the gourd with her total concentration breathing alone. Not long after, she was able to break a gourd as big as herself. Eren ponders a bit and came to a quick conclusion, she is finally ready to learn a breathing technique.

"Alright Mikasa, I think you are ready."

"Ready...?"

"Now I will show you a breathing technique tailor made for you. Pay attention, Mikasa, I will only be showing you once. The name of this technique is..."

With a swing of his sword, Eren launches a crescent-moon shaped air current that cuts through the trees in front of him like hot knife to butter. 

"Breath of the Moon"

He then follows it up with a barrage of sword strikes that sent a rain of small moon-shaped air slashes through the woods, bringing absolute destruction , Eren finished the combo by conjuring a miniature tornado that once again launched crescent moons all around him . Mikasa could only stare at him in awe, this breathing style is elegant and yet dangerous, it was as if Breath of the Moon was created for her.

"Moon breathing mimics the movements of the moon and replicates it with your movements. Its techniques focus on swift and powerful strikes that always follow the shape and patterns of a crescent moon. I will try my best to teach you the basics of it, the rest of its developments all depends on you."

Eren spent the rest of the day slowly and patiently teaching Mikasa every form down to the very last detail. As expected of a prodigy, Mikasa was able to conjure destructive crescent moon-shaped air slices by the end of the night.

"A job well done Mikasa. Make sure to get a good night of sleep, I have a bad feeling about tomorrow." Eren gave her a headpat and left, leaving her confused and slightly wary of what's to come tomorrow. Mikasa practiced Moon Breathing for one more hour before going back to her dorm to get some sleep.

 

TIMESKIP

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Unclassified Information

Name: Eren Yaeger

Titan(s): Attack Titan/Founding Titan/???

Specialty: Melee

Description: Eren's attacks are fast and destructive, he is capable of slicing apart buildings with only a wooden sword. It is unknown how dangerous he could be with a real sword.

Strength: EX

Defense: EX

Speed: S

Stamina: EX

 

Name: Mikasa Ackerman 

Titan(s): N/A

Specialty: Ranged

Description: Mikasa could conjure massive amounts of small crescent moons through the effective use of Moon Breathing,  making her relentless attacks almost impossible to evade. 

Strength: S

Defense: A

Speed: EX

Stamina: EX

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The next day, things were just as usual. Cadets were tasked with various things such as maintaining the cannons, cleaning the barracks, stockpile on food, etc. Eren was assigned to carry out maintenance on the wall cannons along with Connie, Mina, Sasha, and another 2 cannon fodders he didn't recognize.

"Everyone...I took some meat from the officers' food storage." Everyone's faces turns dark, they all know what kind of punishments thieves receive, especially when something rare such as meat were stolen.

"Sasha, are you trying to get thrown into an isolation cell?!" Connie shouted

"So you really are an idiot..."

"idiocy is scary stuff."

"Lets split it between us later. We'll slice it and sandwich it with bread..."Sasha said as saliva runs down her mouth.

"Go put it back!" Connie says to her, resisting the urge to devour the meat in front of him

"Yeah! Meat has become extremely valuable because of all the land we lost."

 

Eren could only smile at their antics as he continue to run maintenance on the cannons as well as looking back in forth between the cannon and the hills in front of him.

"Any time now. Come on, Bertolt. I know you want to break that wall." He thought to himself and reached for the handle of his blade.

in the next second, a lightning strike hits the ground in front of the gate of Trost district; the colossal titan appeared again. It immediately kicked the gate and blasted right through it. The showcase generated from the kick sent Eren and the rest of the squad flying off the wall, he immediately recovered using the ODM gear and flew towards the colossal titan's left arm.

"Sun Breathing fifth form: Setting Sun Transformation"

Eren backflips in mid-air and used the momentum to slice off the lower half of the colossal titan's arm. The colossal titan widens his eyes and steps back a little. He didn't give the colossal a moment to escape as he used the ODM gear to boost himself above it

"Sun Breathing seventh form: Beneficent Radiance" Eren starts rotating in mid-air, using the ODM gear as an additional speed boost, and cuts off the colossal titan's other arm.

"I'll engrave this pain into your mind, Bertolt. Consider this an...appetizer to what I will do to Marley." Eren's entire body is suddenly set ablaze as his blades slowly turns bright red. His slayer mark grew in size, making it barely visible on his neck.

"Sun Breathing...THIRTEENTH FORM!" He performs all 12 forms of Sun Breathing in quick succession all around the massive titans body. First went his legs, then his newly regenerated arms, then his hips, eyes, and finally, the jaws. To make it extra painful, Eren switches out the almost dull blades for new ones and stuck the old blades into the gums of its tooth.

It did not take long at all for Bertolt to notice that his wounds aren't healing, the effects of the bright red blade inhibited it. His only choice now  is to run. Bertolt made his titan disappear and escaped using the ODM gear to wall Rose, Eren purposely let him escape just to cause him even more pain later on.

'Your death won't be peaceful, Bertolt."

Eren turns to the gaping hole in the wall and sighs. When he lands back down onto the top of the walls, his teammates arrived at his side

"Eren, did you kill it?!"

"Well, almost." He points at the severed limbs of the colossal titan. "We don't have time to chat right now, lets report this to the HQ for now-"

Just then, a member of the garrison used his ODM gear to climb on top of the wall.

"What are you doing?! The Strategy against the Colossal Titan has already commenced. Return to the HQ at once!'

"Yes sir!"

"We pray for the vanguard squad's success!"

 

After Eren and the others reported back to the HQ, they gathered outside for one last time before being assigned to their units.

"Now then, split up into your respective squads as you did in training! Under the command of the garrison, you'll carry out supply reports, intelligence communication, titan clean-up, and so forth! The garrison's interception squad will take he vanguard section! The training corps under our command will take the middle section! The garrison's elite squad will take the rear guard section! Note that, according to the reports, the vanguard squad has already been wiped out!"

The trainees started to whisper amongst themselves

"I don't want to die..."

"One day...if it was only one day later..." Jean was especially hit hard because he could've been safe inside the inner walls if this incident happened only one day later.

"SILENCE!!!"

The crowd quiets down as the commander continues his speech

"The outer gates has been breached, and the titans have invaded! Put simply, we're in a situation where the armored titan could appear at any moment and break the inner gate! We are currently intercepting them at the vanguard section. This defense operation consists of a single objective: to defend wall Rose to the last until the evacuation of the residents is complete! Finally, I'm sure you are all aware, fleeing before the enemy is a capital crime! Dismissed!"

After the garrison commander finished his speech, many trainees are frozen in place, fearing of what's to come. Only Eren, Mikasa, Sasha, Connie, Reiner, Bertolt and several others from the main cast started to head towards their respective positions 

"Damn it! Why does it have to be today?!" Then, He ran into someone.

"Out of my way, low-life." The one he ran into was Eren, who was walking with Mikasa.

"Oi! What's your problem?!" 

Jean yanked Eren's collar, Eren stared at him with a menacing expression.

"Are you deaf?"

He elbows Jean in the stomach, causing him to clutch his abdomen in pain. Eren then kicked him straight in the jaw.

"Lets go, Mikasa." She simply nodded before walking right past Jean without bating an eye.

Jean clenches his fists and blames himself for his powerlessness against the monster known as Eren, but the next moment was like sprinkling salt onto his wounds.

 

"Recruit Jaeger, Recruit Ackerman, you two have been specially assigned to the rear guard. Come with me."

"Yes, sir!'

"WHY ARE THESE TWO STATIONED AT THE REAR GUARD?! HUH?!"

Jean could not suppress his anger any more and screamed at the garrison soldier.

"It's orders from the above, Right now, we need evacuation logging, we need as many elite near the residents  as we can get. Besides, I'm not asking for an opinion." The garrison soldier coldly replies to Jean's complaints. "Now then, you two, follow me."

 

As soon as they arrive at the rear, the soldier's attitude completely changed.

"Alright lads, there's a few things to know when you are in the rear. First, we take it easy over here so congratulations! You have just been assigned to the most comfortable post for this mission! Second, food, water, gas refills, medical supplies, whatever you need are all over there so don't be shy to take em!"

He points at the pile of boxes along with a few portable machines that refills ODM gear's gas tanks.

"Last but definitely not least, civilians, do try your best to evacuate as many of them as you can. Oh right, please don't eat food whenever they can clearly see you, they tend to get..moody at times." He claps his hands and smiles. "Well, that's all! Besides that, just take it easy at the rear!" With that, the soldier walked away and joined his 2 friends in the alleyway for a game of poker.

"Eren!! Mikasa!!" Surprisingly, Armin was stationed at the rear guard as well

"Armin? I thought you were stationed in the middle section?" Eren questioned him, but is still happy to see Armin safe and sound.

"Well...since I scored first in academics, the garrison had a change of hearts at the last second. I'm stationed here to help the logistics team giving orders to the vanguards and the soldiers in the middle section, what about you two?"

Eren and Mikasa looked at each other and laughs a little

"In his own words, our mission is to 'take it easy.' " Mikasa replies while giggling

"...huh?"

 

And thus, Eren and Mikasa's "mission" at the rear began. 

 

---> To Be Continued

9