Sunlight Spirits
2k 8 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-----

“Here we are!”

We moved into the outskirts of the forest without encountering a single monster for some reason. Maybe us being so happy-go-lucky scared them all, we were just way too cheerful for the gloomy monsters to come to ruin our day!

Of course, when we reached the outskirts of the forest, I was finally able to see what was out there. A beautiful grassland was the first thing that greeted my sight, the moonlight illuminated the darkness of the night and the entire place looked way too pretty, it was soothing.

There were grasslands all around the eye could see, and far away, there were several mountain peaks covered in snow. I wonder if there were ice-type monsters up there! Or people? Maybe bird people! Or whatever.

And in the distance… There was another big forest? I think this was the Ent Forest, I didn’t have any plans in getting there, so for now we’ll stay just around the outskirts of the forest of beginnings.

“Have you come here before, Acorn?” I wondered.

“Not ever before I have come here!” he said. “But my grandpa did… He said that in this place, dangerous Gray Wolf packs attack people, so it is dangerous…”

“I see… Oh well, time to set up my farm! But… The moonlight is fine, but I really want more light.” I sighed.

“Well, there is nothing we can do about it… Why don’t you come tomorrow morning instead?” Wondered Acorn.

“I can’t, I have to go work at that age, I also need to bring my daughter to high school.” I sighed.

“Daughter?! You got a daughter, Lady Dryad?” Asked Acorn.

“Oh… I-I shouldn’t have said that… But yeah, whenever I am not around, I am helping my daughter.” I said.

“I-I see! So you’re a mother then, it makes sense! Seeing how gentle and nice you are, and very motherly too!” he said.

“Heheh, you’re just flattering me, little Acorn.” I giggled, petting his adorable squirrel head.

“But! I got a way to bring sunlight!” I said.

“Whaaat?! There’s a way?” he asked.

“Yep! I have to level up my Spirit Magic to Level 3 for that, so wait a bit…” I said.

“Level up your magic? Is that even possible without constant practice?” He wondered. It seemed that NPC didn’t have Skill Points or Stat Points, when they leveled up their Skills automatically grew stronger alongside their stats being distributed according to their Job Class and Race, without any customization, apparently.

Much like Summons, it appeared they also learn Skills over leveling and even “practice” something that was not possible for players who must use Skill Points to acquire and level up Skills. In a way, we exchanged an easier way to grow stronger without hassle for more customization, making every Player unique.

I quickly looked into my Status first, it had increased a bit more as I had leveled up again just before logging off, and so I decided to distribute any Stat Points into MP once more.

-----

[Player Name]: [Planta]

[Race]: [Dryad: Lv8/20 -> 9/20]

[Race EXP]: [1100/9000]

[Job Class]: [Farmer: Lv8/20 -> 9/20]

[Job Class EXP]: [1100/9000]

[Satiation]: [93/100]

[HP]: [190/190 -> 210/210]

[MP]: [740/740 -> 810/810]

[STR]: [47 -> 52]

[VIT]: [47 -> 52]

[DEX]: [47 -> 52]

[AGI]: [100 -> 112]

[INT]: [119 -> 131]

[WIS]: [110 -> 120]

[LUC]: [65 -> 70]

[Race Skills: 9/10]

[Spirit of the Forest: Lv1], [Photosynthesis: Lv2], [Green Magic: Lv3], [Life Drain: Lv2], [Plant Companion: Lv1], [Daughter of Nature: Lv1], [Spirit Magic: Lv1], [Spiritual Shield: Lv1], [Plant Synthesis: Lv1]

[Job Class Skills: 10/10]

[Agriculture: Lv1], [AGI UP: Lv1], [Tame: Lv1], [Cooking: Lv2], [Farm Animal Companion: Lv1], [Fishing: Lv2], [Robust Body: Lv1], [Farming Tools Usage: Lv1], [Terrain Adaptability: Lv1], [Soil Manipulation: Lv1]

[Stored Skills (Unequipped): 2]

[Race Skills]: None

[Job Class Skills]: [Crafting: Lv1], [Alchemy: Lv1]

[Summons: 2/2]

[White Goat (Female): Name: Belle: Lv5/30], [Carnivorous Amber Lotus Flower: Name: Loki: Lv4/30]

[Tamed Monsters: 0/2]

None

[Skill Points: 36]

[Stat Points: 0]

[Equipment]

[Spirit of the Forest Robes]

[Bracelet of Nature]

[Crown of Spirit Wood]

[Seed Pouch]

-----

Hm! The stats increased quite nicely, a tiny amount but that’s nice for me. And my MP was already at over 800! With this I could surely summon the Sunlight Spirits that the Level 3 Spirit Magic can bring, right? So let’s level that up right away!

Ding!

[You have exchanged 4 Skill Points]

[The [Spirit Magic: Lv1] Skill has increased to Lv 3!]

[The [Spirit Magic: Lv3] Skill has learned the [Unmovable Mountain], [Geomancy], [Blessing of the Spirits], [Sunlight Spirit Call], [Dragon Vein Burst], and [Spiritual Connection] Spells!]

Woow! So many Spells! I wanted to see what each one does… I bet they’re all useful on their own. I remember using all three of these Spells of the Level 1 Skill and they were all amazing, even Spirit Enhancement made the spirits very, very strong.

-----

[Unmovable Mountain]

Cost: 100 ~ 500 MP

Cooldown: 20 Seconds. 

Channel the spiritual power within you and nature surrounding you, and humbly call for the protection of the Land Spirits within Earth-Attribute Dragon Veins near your location, summoning them to exclusively guard you from damage. Upon activation, calls a Land Spirit that guards 40% of the damage received for 10 Seconds.

-----

Oh, this one was a bit like Spiritual Shield, but I needed to activate it instead of leaving it as a Passive, and well, it kind of works differently, yeah… It honestly sounds pretty good on paper, but to activate it I not only need Mana, but to be close to an Earth-Attribute Dragon Vein! Can I even find one so easily like the Spell was telling me to? Perhaps, but it won’t be as easy as other things…

-----

[Geomancy]

Cost: 400 MP

Cooldown: None.

Create a stronger connection with Mother’s Nature and the Elemental Spirits of all the world, enhancing your INT, WIS, and LUK by +20%. This Spell can be toggled on/off.

-----

Oh, this was a useful Buff Spell, it can increase my INT, WIS, and LUK by 20%! I wonder how lucky I could get with it… Oh well, I would have to try it out someday.

-----

[Blessing of the Spirits]

Cost: 500 MP

Cooldown: None.

Receive the Blessing of the Spirits themselves and enhance your connection with them, being able to bring them to summon their power and strength for longer periods of time. Upon activation, increases the duration of summoned spirits by +100%, their health is doubled, and they can attack an extra time. This Spell can be toggled on/off.

-----

A-Another buff, huh? And both of them can be toggled on/off, meaning that they’re like buffs that work always, without an end to their duration, and would only be turned off if I deactivate them, log out or… die, I suppose. Although they’re very costly! I don’t think I can use both at the same time right away, I don’t have enough MP, I believe. But I can wait until the MP recovers and then I can summon some more… Yeah, I guess I could do that.

-----

[Sunlight Spirit Call]

Cost: 250 MP/450 MP/600 MP

Cooldown: None.

Channel the spiritual power within you and humbly call upon the help of the Sunlight Spirits, who surge from Fire-type Dragon Veins to aid you in battle. They can emerge in three variations: [Tiny Star], [Great Sol], and [Super Nova] randomly.

-----

And this was the Sunlight Spirit Summon Spell I have been waiting for a long while… And here it was, it sounds pretty simple, I think the description is literally the same as the Land Spirit Spell one… But it was also interesting they’re also arranged into three different ones, Tiny Star, Great Sol, and Super Nova… That last one sounds a bit unstable; I hope it doesn’t just blow off the moment I summon it, I need them to give me sunlight, not to explode after all!

-----

[Dragon Vein Burst]

Cost: 100 MP For Every Dragon Vein

Cooldown: 30 Seconds 

Unleash the fury of nature and utilize your bond with spirits to make all the Dragon Veins within a distance of 10 meters around you to explode into elemental attacks that target the nearest foe with the highest HP, each Dragon Vein element will generate its own elemental attack.

-----

Gah… This one was crazy! It is an immensely strong elemental attack, isn’t it?!  Thankfully it was balanced by giving it some sort of cooldown, if I could spam this as I wanted, it would suddenly become even more overpowered… Just making all these Dragon Veins explode sounded insane. But the cost of 100 MP per Dragon Vein makes sense, I think…

And lastly…

-----

[Spiritual Connection]

Cost: 1000 MP

Cooldown: None 

Channel the spiritual power within you and nature surrounding you and the various spirits of the elements and establish a powerful connection with them that increases their Elemental Damage by +50%, and the ability to ignore 20% of the target’s DEF and RES, alongside increasing damage against Boss-type monsters by +30%. Can be toggled on/off.

-----

Wow, this one sounds pretty amazing but what with the cost of MP?! I didn’t have enough MP to even do this one! Oh well, I guess the guide was right, over leveling magic will end up giving me spells I cannot even use yet… But that’s completely fine! As long as I get to summon the Sunlight kids everything would be alright, I could patiently wait until I could use this amazing buffing spell, but until then, I was capable of waiting, yeah, it is not hard to do.

“Alright! I am done!” I said. “Dragon Vein Detection!”

FLASH!

Suddenly, I was able to see the many dragon veins coursing through the earth below us. I looked into those that were fiery, red, and orange-colored, and pointed my staff at them.

“Sunlight Spirits, please come help me out make a farm, I implore you!”

I put on my most dramatic pose as I called for the Sunlight Spirits, and they answered my honest plea for help, the Dragon Veins of fire began to glow brighter, as if sunlight was coming out of them! It was a splendorous sight.

FLAAASH!

“W-Woah…!” said Acorn, as he saw as many Dragon Veins glow brightly with the power of the sunlight spirits, which then quickly started to materialize one after the other, resembling beautiful… spheres of light! Wow, their design was quite simple.

“Kyuuu!”

“Kyu! Kyuwaa!”

“Kyuwaa!”

Three bright Tiny Stars emerged, they had adorable little faces and began to dance around me, they were as bright as a very big lightbulb, and could easily illuminate a stadium all three of them.

But then, another one appeared, I had summoned four, but the fourth one was way bigger…!

TRUUUMM…!

------

 

69