Creating Seeds!
3k 9 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-----

I checked the tiles and smiled.. They were all done and ready! Time to change this entire place into Farm Tiles now, and I had five of them, five x five was… wait, it was not actually 50 meters, it was 25 meters! Wha…? Why was I so bad at math in the most unexpected ways? Wait, maybe it was because I was too tired after work, I was usually pretty okay at math…

A-Anyways, 25 x 25 square meters was still pretty sweet anyways, all the Tiles merely fused into a big tile making up 25 square meters, so I didn’t have to adjust anything on my own… Now, let’s use Soil Manipulation and get this done for real.

But… Let’s recheck the Skill, I do get a bit slow sometimes so I needed to refresh myself and check what’s in there once more.

-----

[Soil Manipulation: Lv1]

As a farmer, you have the innate ability to manipulate Soil. When manipulating the soil of your farm, you can choose which nutrients to enhance, and make the Soil richer. You can also shape the soil using Farming Tools and Soil Manipulation together, expanding the size of your farm as long as there is space to add to it. Based on the plants you’re raising; certain types of nutrients will be needed. Corpses of animals, decomposing plants, and even feces can be used to enhance certain nutrients in the soil. Additionally, any Soil within your Farms receive a passive +20% enhancement to their Richness, which increases with each level.

-----

I see, I see. So I need to just do it through the System? But what about Farming Tools? I had absolutely none of those! Should I go buy some somewhere? But it’s embarrassing now that I have to go to this popular town where everybody can go to buy things… What if someone recognized me?!

W-Well, for now let’s get the basics done.

“Transform the Tiles into Farm Tiles!” I said, ordering the System to do it for me. The Soil Manipulation Skill quickly activated, as I suddenly felt strange. It felt as if I was now able to… shape the soil a little bit?

I looked into the soil on my own and approached it, and then, I decided to imagine the ideal farm tile and how it would look. All of this grass should be gone, and the rich brown soil should be on top of it, shaped into sections… If possible.

FLAAASH!

And just like that, the tiles suddenly began to glow, the grass was gone and the soil puffed out into the surface, shining brightly out of nowhere as well! What the…? Oh right, the skill itself also enhances the richness of the soil! Wow, to think it would make all these tiles’ soil shine as if they were sprinkled with gold, so beautiful!

“W-Wow…” said Acorn at my side.

“I know, right? Pretty amazing!” I said with a smile.

“However! You need tools now,” said the guide.

“Geh… I need something to water down the plants, and also tools to move the soil around, and all of that…” I sighed.

“Hmm… I don’t think we got anything like that back in the farm, perhaps we got buckets though.” said Acorn.

“Hahh, don’t worry about it.” I sighed.

“Wait…” I said once more. “I did use my hands to fish for fishes, right? Can’t I use my plant shapeshifting to create farming tools out of wood?!” I wondered.

“Eh?! That’s… insane!” said the guide. “Dryads are not just living shapeshifters, there is a limit to- Oi, listen to me!”

As the guide began to reprimand me, I began shapeshifting and stretching my left arm, slowly shaping it as a Farming Trident, or Fork, like my grandpa called them, which were useful in piercing the soil and bringing out the nutrients below the surface. Sometimes the surface soil gets too dry, but the one below was always a bit more moist too, so it also helps bring it out.

I slowly shapeshifted it and then, like when I fired Spears made of wood, I took it out of my arm by breaking it out!

CRACK!

“Ouch… I lost around 30 HP, but I got myself the first tool” I laughed.

“T-That’s definitely cheating… Don’t tell me that by doing this Dryads can just generate weapons and armor out of their wood?! This is ridiculous!” said the guide angrily. “I-I should report it to the developers-”

“If you try it, I will put you in my inventory,” I said. “And I’ll sell you for gold.”

“Eeeeh?! S-Since when did you get scary?! O-Okay, I won’t do anything…” He sighed.

“It was your fault that I ended up becoming popular, which ended in me getting harassed by all sorts of disgusting perverts, so you better behave now!” I said angrily.

“S-Sure, sorry…” He sighed, the guide suddenly got all pitiable, as if he wasn’t a bit of an obnoxious little brat sometimes…

“Okay, good boy,” I said with a nod. “Don’t try to ruin everything I do, okay?” I sighed.

After that, I detached my arm a few more times, making up some other tools, such as a shovel, a big stick, a hoe, and that was it! However, I still needed water to water my plants… And for that I need a container. However, seeing how adaptable and easy to shape my body was, why can’t I just gather water inside of my body and carry it with me? I wondered if I could do that, so I made a quick trip to the nearest river, which was actually just around 30 meters away from the Farm, and put my hand inside.

I shapeshifted my right hand and generated a big hole that led all the way inside of my body. Apparently my body lacked normal internal organs, it had sap for blood and some sort of jewel as a heart, but inside it was all hollow aside from vein-like green-colored roots growing inside. So I quickly decided to fill my entire body with water, it was easy! I just created a suction force by inhaling the water, like you would do with a tube for sipping some soda.

“Slurp… Phew, I am full.” I sighed, my belly bulged a little bit, and I was filled with water! I think my weight increased a lot, but walking wasn’t that difficult, I just had to get used to the water inside moving around, which sometimes broke my balance… but thanks to the Dryad’s skills, as long as I was inside a forest, I could always “adapt” to anything, so even losing my balance didn’t made me fall.

After ten minutes of gathering water, creating farming tools, and then turning the ground into fresh soil, I was finally able to begin my seed creation! Seed Creation was a useful Spell that allowed the creation of seeds, here’s  the description:

-----

[Seed Creation]

Cost: 200 ~ 1000 MP

Cooldown: 1 Hour.

Utilize your great connection with nature to plants to generate new seeds from the plants you have raised previously, these Seeds will have the lowest possible rarity rank, but will grow at twice the speed of other seeds.

-----

It had a big cooldown of an hour, but that didn't matter because I can actually generate various seeds per conjuration, as many as I have Mana, the thing was though, they could only be of 1 type of plant per conjuration. After the creation of the seeds, I had to wait an hour to make a new type.

“So which seeds should I make?” I wondered. “I want a plant that can easily grow below the sunlight with some water… And nets a tasty fruit. Oh, I guess we’ll go for tomatoes first! With it we could even make tomato salad, tomato sauce, tomato soup, grilled tomato with goat cheese, and more… Ohh, this actually sounds pretty good!”

“T-Tomato? I had never heard of such a fruit before!” said Acorn at my side.

“Hehe, watch! I’ll make a big tomato plantation!” I said with a smile.

I looked into the palm of my hand and concentrated my mind into it… I thought about tomato seeds, I put all the imagery of tomatoes I had inside of my mind, constantly.

Tomato… Tomato… Tomato…

“Seed Creation!”

FLAAASH!

I ended up spending 200 MP, and over 50 seeds appeared over my hands, spilling all over the grass below! They were all tomato seeds! Wow, and they even had their own info.

-----

[Tomato Seed]

Type: Normal Plant Seed

Fruit: Sweet, Juicy, Citric

Quality: H-Grade

Planting Method: Plant below rich soil, water them for a small while, and let them rest, in approximately three to four days, they’ll begin to germinate. Doesn’t require any specific type of soil or fertilizer. The fruit can be used for the preparation of various types of food using the Cooking Skill, or it can be consumed to recover 5 points of Satiation and some HP.

Description: The King of all vegetables that commoners consume around the world, tomatoes are widely known for their sweetness, mildly citric flavor, alongside being exceedingly juicy. It can be prepared as simple as salad, be eaten raw like some fruit, or cooked into Tomato Sauce, as an ingredient for Pizza, and more.

-----

“Ooh, very informative! I wonder how long it will take to grow with all the multipliers for growth that my race and the farmer job class gives… Oh well, let’s get to it.” I said, as I quickly asked Acorn to help me plant the seeds below the soil, around 10 centimeters below should be more than enough, right? I-I was not really that experienced, so I didn’t know the specifics. …But I got the spirit!

“Phew, that was tiring…” Sighed Acorn. “Also, the soil was fighting a lot somewhat, it got very hard! That fork came in handy to turn the soil less hard.”

“Perhaps because you’re not a Farmer, it got harder for you to use Farming Tools, but I felt like I was doing the right thing all the time, so it went quite smoothly~” I giggled.

“I have never thought a Dryad would be a farmer from all Job Classes there are, but I can see that the prospects of a future where we can eat these “tomatoes” sounds pretty great!” said Acorn. “I wonder what other sorts of plant seeds you can create, Lady Dryad!”

“Hmm… Next I should probably make grain, tomatoes, carrots, and… oh! I guess Apples too so we can  make apple pie! But I want grain above all so we can pulverize it and make genuine flour! After that, you’ll know what eating bread is!”

“Bread! I’ve heard of it, it is the food that humans eat the most, isn’t it?”

“Yep! The Flour can also be used to make apple pie crust, and even pizza dough!”

“Uwah… I don’t know what those are, but I bet they’re tasty!”

-----

66