Side Chapter 14- Ophidia’s Fun Day
8.1k 30 251
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Ophidia POV]

While master spends time with the Great One, the rest of us travelled to Savanna to report to Velvet’s mother and just spend the day there.  I teleported us into the room that we met with her the last time and found Velvet’s mother sitting behind her desk.

 

“Hello you three.  Is Lady Luna not with you today?” (Sonia)

 

“No, she has business with the Goddess, so we decided to give them some alone time for the day.” (Velvet)

 

“Is that all, or is there more?” (Sonia)

 

“We also came to report that Beryl has been taken care of and the le Fay clan is now in charge of the demon Empire organization.” (Velvet)

 

“Got it, I’ll send the recall order to the shrine village shortly.  Now tell me, how did Lady Luna kill him.” (Sonia)

 

“She made him drink hydra blood.” (Soleil)

 

“Oooooooh.  That’s quite the nasty method.” (Sonia)

 

“I didn’t see the aftermath since big sis burned the corpse with purifying fox fire, but the sound he made when he drank it was horrifying.” (Soleil)

 

Hearing her words, Velvet instinctively hugged Soleil.

 

“While I’m not going to complain, why did you start hugging me?” (Soleil)

 

“I’m not sure myself, I just felt like I should.” (Velvet)

 

“Hahaha.  I’m happy to see that the two of you are so close.” (Sonia)

 

“They are closer than that.  You should have seen them when they taunted the brother of Beryl.” (Ophidia)

 

“Do tell.” (Sonia)

 

“Well, Soleil walked right up to Velvet and-” (Ophidia)

 

“That’s enough out of you, Ophidia.” (Velvet)

 

Velvet started to drag me out of the office followed by Soleil.

 

“Come on Velvet.  Let her tell me what happened.” (Sonia)

 

“Nope.” (Velvet)

 

Just as the door was being shut, I managed to tell her one thing.

 

“Just ask master the next time you see her, she’ll gladly tell you.” (Ophidia)

 

“Ophidia, please don’t encourage her.  She’ll never let it go until she learns what happened.” (Velvet)

 

“I just thought your mother would have wanted to know that the two of you are in a healthy relationship.” (Ophidia)

 

“I understand that you just wanted to do something nice, that is one thing that you don’t just tell people.” (Soleil)

 

“*Sigh* Sorry.” (Ophidia)

 

“Don’t worry about it.  Just remember not to do that next time.” (Velvet)

 

“I understand.” (Ophidia)

 

We left the building and made our way into the city.  We eventually made it to the main plaza.

 

“So, what do we do today?” (Ophidia)

 

“Not sure.”  (Soleil)

 

“Just to make sure, you can’t get back to the island, right?” (Velvet)

 

“Yep, completely blocked.  I can get to the jungle around and under it, but not to the island itself.” (Ophidia)

 

“Then we just need to do whatever.” (Velvet)

 

As we were trying to decide what to do with our day, I heard someone speak from behind us.

 

“Hello again you three.”

 

I turned around and found Skadi walking up to us.

 

“Hello Skadi.” (Ophidia)

 

““Hello.”” (Velvet and Soleil)

 

“Where’s Luna?” (Skadi)

 

“Spending time with her wife.” (Soleil)

 

“Ok.  Mind if I steal Ophidia for the day?” (Skadi)

 

“Eh?” (Ophidia)

 

“Go ahead.” (Velvet)

 

“You two have fun now.” (Soleil)

 

“EH!?” (Ophidia)

 

“Thanks.” (Skadi)

 

I was then grabbed and dragged off by Skadi.

 

“Why am I being dragged around so much today?” (Ophidia)

 

I was brought to an alleyway somewhere in the shopping district.

 

“It should be around here somewhere.” (Skadi)

 

“What are you looking for?” (Ophidia)

 

“A place that I heard good things about.  Oh, there it is.” (Skadi)

 

“Before we go in, can you let me go?” (Ophidia)

 

“Huh?  Oh, sorry.” (Skadi)

 

She released me and we walked up to the door.  We entered and found ourselves in a nice shop that smelled familiar.

 

“It smells like that coffee stuff master likes to drink.” (Ophidia)

 

“Nn.” (Skadi)

 

We walked further inside, and an old man came up to us.

 

“How can I help you two lovely ladies today?” (Bart)

 

“Can I ask for a private table?” (Skadi)

 

“Of course, please follow me.” (Bart)

 

He led us deeper into the shop and showed us to a table that was more isolated than the others.

 

“Take a few minutes to decide what you would like.” (Bart)

 

We sat down and I picked up a menu.  Skadi did the same and we figured out what we wanted.  When the person came back to take our orders, we told him what we wanted and he left again.  We waited for a while until the stuff arrived and then we’re left to ourselves.

 

“Now, what is it you wanted from me today?” (Ophidia)

 

“I want you to be mine.” (Skadi)

 

“Sorry, but I will only ever serve master.” (Ophidia)

 

“That’s not what I meant.  I mean I want to be together with you.  Like Velvet and Soleil and Luna and Lady Tamamo.” (Skadi)

 

“Ooohhh.  I’m fine with that.  I have no idea how to go about being in a relationship like that, but we can figure it out as we go.” (Ophidia)

 

“Great.” (Skadi)

 

A smile appeared on Skadi’s face which made my heart skip a beat.

 

“So, do you know what we’re supposed to do now that we are together?” (Ophidia)

 

“Not a clue.” (Skadi)

 

We both took a sip of our drinks and placed them back on the table at the same time.

 

““Hmmm.””

 

“Want to go and hunt some things?” (Skadi)

 

“Sounds fun.  Anything specific?” (Ophidia)

 

“Not really.  We can go to the guild and see if anything catches our eye.” (Skadi)

 

“Ok.” (Ophidia)

 

We finished our drinks and paid for everything.  Then we made our way to the guild.  When we entered, it went silent and everyone turned to look at us.  The second they saw Skadi, they turned away.  We walked over to the quest board and looked for something to hunt.

 

“Hmm.” (Ophidia)

 

“How about this?” (Skadi)

 

“Oooh.  I’ve never hunted a griffon before.  Let’s do it.” (Ophidia)

 

We brough the quest form to the reception desk and accepted it.  After that we left the guild and the city.

 

“Since I’m faster, do you want me to carry you to the location?” (Skadi)

 

“I’ll make myself easier to carry then.” (Ophidia)

 

I transformed into my small snake form and went up to Skadi.  She picked me up gently and I moved to make myself comfortable.

 

“How cute, and you feel so smooth as well.  I could get addicted to this.” (Skadi)

 

“Heh.  Maybe I’ll become the Abyss of smooth scales.” (Ophidia)

 

“Hehe.  Since I’m the Abyssal Hunter, that means I’ll need to keep you as close to me as possible.” (Skadi)

 

“But master is actually the Abyss of Fluff.  Doesn’t that mean you have to hunt her as well?” (Ophidia)

 

“No.  She is fine.  You are the only Abyss I would ever go for.” (Skadi)

 

“Hahaha.  Your words make me feel very happy, Skadi.  Now, let us set off on our hunt.” (Ophidia)

 

“Let’s.” (Skadi)

 

She started running in the direction that we needed to go.

 

“This is amazing.  It’s even faster than when I’m trying to go as fast as I can.” (Ophidia)

 

“I’m glad you’re enjoying it.” (Skadi)

 

After an hour of running, we came up to the place that was described on the quest form.  I blinked myself to the ground and transformed back to human form.

 

“What is this feeling of loss?” (Skadi)

 

“I’ll let you feel my scales again later, for now, we have a griffon to hunt…How exactly do we go about finding it?” (Ophidia)

 

“Griffons are territorial creatures, if we just make our presence known, it will come to us.” (Skadi)

 

Skadi then let out a short burst of intimidation.  I could hear the small animals and even a few monsters start running away.  Several minutes later, I heard the roar af a large monster coming from above us.

 

“See.  It came straight to us.” (Skadi)

 

“Hahahahahaha.  How much of it do we want to keep intact?” (Ophidia)

 

“All we need is the beak.” (Skadi)

 

“Then I’ll knock it to the ground for us.” (Ophidia)

 

I then teleported above the griffon and punched it to the ground.  When my punch connected, I heard a cracking sound and the griffon scream in pain.  I then teleported back beside Skadi and the griffon crashed right in front of us.

 

“Very good.” (Skadi)

 

Skadi then pulled out her sword and was about to swing it when the griffon started to use magic.  It shot out several spears of ice towards us.  Skadi blocked all of them with her sword and I dodged or parried them.

 

“Heh.  A variant, how rare.” (Skadi)

 

“Does this change anything?” (Ophidia)

 

“This means that we need to bring the whole head in instead of just the beak.” (Skadi)

 

“Then let me give you the opportunity to behead it.” (Ophidia)

 

I ran up to the stumbling griffon and kicked it in the side.  It slid over to Skadi and coughed up blood.  It was about to turn and shoot off more magic when Skadi swung her sword through its neck.  The head feel to the ground as the body swayed for a second then fell over as well.

 

“If all we need is the head, what do we do with the body?” (Ophidia)

 

“Hmmm.  Well, griffons don’t taste good, but they do have materials that people use, so we can just take it with us and sell it.” (Skadi)

 

“I’ll store it then.” (Ophidia)

 

I put the griffon body in my space magic inventory and then looked at Skadi.

 

“Now what do we do?” (Ophidia)

 

“Well, we can turn in the quest at the guild, but after that I don’t know.” (Skadi)

 

“Hmmmm.  Oh, how about we go on one of those date things?” (Ophidia)

 

“Ok.  What do we do on one of those?” (Skadi)

 

“Ummmmm.  I think we’re supposed to go around the city and do things together.” (Ophidia)

 

“Like what?” (Skadi)

 

“I think stuff like shop and eat and stuff.  Gah.  If I knew this was going to happen today, I would have asked master what you do on a date.” (Ophidia)

 

“Don’t worry about it too much, we’ll just have to figure it out ourselves.  We can start with turning this quest in then do the things you just said and after that we can figure out what else we want to do.” (Skadi)

 

“Ok, then let’s head back.  Do you want to run or teleport?” (Ophidia)

 

“Let’s teleport.” (Skadi)

 

“Ok.” (Ophidia)

 

I grabbed Skadi’s hand in mine and teleported us back to the city.  We then walked to the guild and turned in the quest we had just completed.  After that, we went to the shopping district again and looked around for a while.  We stopped in a few stores and bought some things.  We were both having fun when we decided to stop for lunch.

 

We found a nice place to go and when we went inside we saw Velvet and Soleil sitting at a table.  They hadn’t noticed us yet and were sitting there and chatting happily with each other.  They both had nice smiles on their faces, and I could tell that they were having the time of their lives just being close to each other.

 

“I want us to be like that one day.” (Skadi)

 

“I agree.  Though I think it will take some time to get like that since we both have no clue how a relationship is supposed to work, I think it will happen eventually.  If only we had a way to communicate with each other no matter the distance like master and the Great One.” (Ophidia)

 

“Hmmm.  I’ll try to figure something out, but it will take time.” (Skadi)

 

“Ok.  Soleil gave you a letter box, right?” (Ophidia)

 

“Yeah.” (Skadi)

 

“Then I’ll ask master if she can make one for me that will only send letters to you.  That way we can still keep in touch.” (Ophidia)

 

“Sounds good to me, at least until I find a way for us to speak telepathically over any distance.” (Skadi)

 

“I look forward to the day that happens.” (Ophidia)

 

We both smiled as we waited for our lunch to arrive.  When it did, we ate then left the shop we were at.  We went around the city some more and found a few interesting things.  As the day was coming to a close, we decided to part ways.

 

“Before we go our separate ways again, let me give you something.” Skadi said as she pulled a bracelet out of her pocket.

 

I held out my wrist and she put it on me.

 

“I guess we were meant to be together since I had the same idea.” I said as I pulled out a similar bracelet to the one Skadi gave me.

 

I put it on her wrist and we both smiled at each other.

 

“Hehe.  I look forward to our next date, Ophidia.” (Skadi)

 

“I do as well.  I will ask master about it and give you the time of your life when next we meet.” (Ophidia)

 

With that, we walked away from each other.  I then went back to Velvet’s home and found her and Soleil waiting for me.

 

“How did it go?” (Soleil)

 

“I think it went well.  We went on a quest together and then we went shopping and ate lunch together.  Then we just walked around the city and then she gave me this.” (Ophidia)

 

I showed the both of them the bracelet on my wrist.

 

“I gave her one as well.” (Ophidia)

 

“Good on you.” (Velvet)

 

“How about the two of you?  It looked like you were enjoying yourselves at lunch.” (Ophidia)

 

“You saw us today?” (Velvet)

 

“Yep.  It gave me and Skadi the goal to be just like the two of you today.” (Ophidia)

 

“Hehehehehe.  That’s nice.  Now, are we staying here for the night, or can we go back to the island?” (Soleil)

 

“Hmmm.  I can get onto the island now, but not inside the mansion.” (Ophidia)

 

“Looks like we’re staying here then.” (Velvet)

 

We all went into Velvet’s home and spent the night talking more about how our day went.

 

Chaos Realm:
Atmos: So, this is where Skadi was.

Yep.

Atmos: They're cute together.  I especially like how they don't really know what they're doing but are having fun regardless.

I agree.  Makes me want someone like that.

Atmos: You'll find someone eventually.

To think I'd be getting encouraged by you.

Atmos: Hey!  I'm encouraging sometimes.

Hahahahahahahaha.

251