Chapter 298- Under the Sea
4.4k 25 123
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Luna POV]

I stayed at the shrine for another two days.  In those two days, Mio came back with a happy, satisfied expression.  On what would be the third day there, Velvet and Soleil called me.  Mio and I said our goodbyes to everyone and teleported away.  When we arrived at Velvet’s place, she was in the middle of an argument with her father.

 

“For the last time, stop treating me like a kid!” (Velvet)

 

“I’m not trying to!  I just want to spend time with you!” (Rayon)

 

“I’m fine with that, but you keep acting like I’m like four!” (Velvet)

 

We walked up to Soleil who was sitting in a chair and sipping some teas while watching the scene in front of her.

 

“What’s up with this?” (Luna)

 

“Aside from the first day, they’ve been like this ever since.  He wants to try and rebuild or just make a relationship with Velvet, but since his head is messed up, he keeps forgetting that she’s actually an adult.  Sonia tried to intervene a few times before she gave up and went to her office to start working and I’ve just been sitting here watching for the past two hours.  It was funny at first, but now I’m bored, so I decided to call you here so we could head out.” (Soleil)

 

It was then that Velvet noticed me and Mio.

 

“Luna, perfect timing.” (Velvet)

 

“Gah!  Not you!  I don’t want to go into freefall again!  Velvet, I’ll see you again, have fun on your adventures.” (Rayon)

 

He then ran in the direction of Sonia’s office.

 

“…” (Luna)

 

“Well, that happened.  Shall we go and pick up Skadi and Ophidia?” (Velvet)

 

“Sure nya.” (Mio)

 

“Everything is ready, so I’m good to go whenever.” (Soleil)

 

“He doesn’t need to be that scared of me.  It was Soleil who suggested doing that in the first place.” (Luna)

 

“Well, I have the privilege of being his cute daughter-in-law, so of course he won’t be afraid of me.” (Soleil)

 

“Come here you.” (Luna)

 

I pulled Soleil into a playful hug while patting her head a little roughly.

 

“Hehehehehe.” (Soleil)

 

After our little sisterly moment, we gathered up and I teleported us to the Celestia Kingdom.  We arrived at the top of one of the castle walls overlooking the city.

 

“Luna, when did you come here to make this a place to teleport to?” (Velvet)

 

“Don’t remember.  Anyway, I’m calling Ophidia now.” (Luna)

 

I closed my eyes and felt my connection to Ophidia before using telepathy.

 

“Ophidia, are you and Skadi done with your date?” (Luna)

 

“We are master.  Where are you right now?” (Ophidia)

 

“On the city walls.  You know that one spot.” (Luna)

 

“Alright.  We’ll be there in a second.” (Ophidia)

 

True to her words, a few seconds later and Skadi and Ophidia appeared behind Mio.

 

“Hello.” (Skadi)

 

“Good to see you all again.” (Ophidia)

 

“NYA!” (Mio)

 

“Sorry Mio.” (Ophidia)

 

“I knyow it wasn’t intentional nya, but it would be nice if you at least give Lunya some time to warn us when you’re about to do something like that nya.” (Mio)

 

“I’ll do that next time then.” (Ophidia)

 

“Well, now that we’re all back together, shall we head to the Demon Empire?” (Luna)

 

“Before we do, I need to know, do you want to take the long way, or the short way to the merfolk?” (Skadi)

 

“I’m in favor of the long way since I want to also try leveling a bit and see just how fast it will go now.” (Luna)

 

“I’m with Lunya on this nya.  I want to catch and eat all the fish nya.” (Mio)

 

“I don’t care which way.” (Soleil)

 

“I agree with Soleil, the whole point is to enjoy ourselves, after all.” (Velvet)

 

“Then with that decided, let’s head to Beria.” (Skadi)

 

We all gathered close and teleported once more.  This time we ended up on the docks of Beria.

 

“Before we go any further, everyone should put one of these rings on.  They’ll let you stay underwater like it’s land.” (Skadi)

 

Skadi handed out rings to everyone.  When we put them on, a blue glow shone around us before fading away.  We then looked around for a place to dive into the sea away from prying eyes.  When we found a good spot, we dove in and sank to the bottom.  Several fish swam away when we settled and the sand cleared.

 

“This is such a strange feeling from the last time we did this kind of thing.” (Velvet)

 

“Yeah.  Last time felt like we had a large invisible bubble around us, but this time it’s just like we’re on land.  There isn’t even any resistance in our movement.” (Soleil)

 

“What can I say, my mother’s magic is more potent than mine.” (Skadi)

 

“We’re not complaining.” (Soleil)

 

“I know.  Anyway, since none of you know where to go, I’ll take the lead this time.” (Skadi)

 

We started to walk in the direction of deeper waters.  As we did this, a thought occurred to me.

 

“You know, now that I think about it, me and Soleil are kind of limited in what we can do.  Me less so that Soleil, but still.  I mean, I can’t really use my ice or lightning magic down here, and she can’t use any wind of fire magic.” (Luna)

 

“Hey, that means we can actually use stellar magic more.” (Soleil)

 

“True.  And I can also use my short-sword more as well.  I don’t use it enough.” (Luna)

 

“You know, it’s easy to forget that you are proficient in swordsmanship since you pretty much only use magic.” (Velvet)

 

“I blame tunnel vision.” (Luna)

 

“That and magic is just fun to mess with.” (Soleil)

 

“This is true as well.” (Luna)

 

“I actually don’t think I’ve seen you use a sword all that much nya.” (Mio)

 

“Well, you will now.  I’m actually kind of excited to.” (Luna)

 

“Just be careful, there are a lot of things that get attracted to the scent of blood in the water, so you should put the things you kill away before they bleed too much.” (Skadi)

 

“Noted.” (Luna)

 

“Any other advice we need, my wonderful Skadi?” (Ophidia)

 

“Not for the moment.  Though I guess I can try and teach some merfolk language on the way so that me and Luna aren’t the only ones that actually understand anything.” (Skadi)

 

“That would be appreciated.” (Velvet)

 

Like this, we spent the rest of the day walking to our destination while Skadi began teaching the basics of merfolk language.

 

Chaos Realm:
Tonya: Nya.  I will take this tiny child and nyap with her nyow nya.

Astraea: ??? Aunty In but a cat lady?

Tonya: Cute nya.

Atmos: How very Tonya.

Tamamo: Indeed.

Tonya: Tamamo, I am borrowing your tails nya.

Tamamo: Go ahead, just don't drool in them please.

Tonya: Nya nya.

Astraea: Hehe nya nya nya.

Atmos: I feel like this may stick if we don't stop it.

Tamamo: It'll be fine.

Atmos: Why are you the one that's more relaxed in this situation?

Tamamo: The better question is why are you the one actually being serious and worries right now?

Atmos: ...I-I don't know.  

Tamamo: Just calm down.  Nothing bad is going to happen.  Just lay down and relax.

Atmos: Tonya, stop messing with Tamamo's head like that. 

Tonya: Nyo nya.  She nyeeds rest nya.  She's been too stressed worrying about Lunya's mental health that she's exhausted nya.  That's why Payto and Order kept her here today nya.

Atmos: Why didn't I notice this?

Tonya: She hid it from you nya.

Atmos: *Sigh* She should really vent more to me.  Please make her sleep Tonya.

Tonya: Nya.

Atmos: *Lays Tamamo's head in her lap and starts humming a tune*

123