Chapter 303- Skadi’s Stress Relief
3.8k 25 124
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Skadi POV]

The next day I came back to the manor I was given after meeting with the leaders of the city.  It was decided that I would act as the honored guest at a festival in order for the people of the city to let us move around freely without stopping us to more or less gush over my past deeds.  If I had to describe how I felt at this moment, it would be drained.  I walked over to the nearest couch and laid down and burying my face in a pillow.

 

“Uugghh.” (Skadi)

 

“Now now, there’s no need for that.” (Ophidia)

 

“Yes, there is.  I didn’t realize just how much the people here liked me and its exhausting.  I mean, it took me two hours just to talk the leaders down from pretty much appointing me the ruler of the city to just a day long festival.  And don’t even ask how many times they tried to marry off their children or even grandchildren to me.” (Skadi)

 

“Hmm.” (Ophidia)

 

“Don’t.” (Skadi)

 

“Fine.” (Ophidia)

 

Ophidia sat down and I looked at her.  She smiled at me and patted her thighs.  I flipped over and moved until my head rested in her lap.

 

“What are the others up to?” (Skadi)

 

“Soleil is painting with the help of a domain to keep the water off of her stuff.  Velvet and Mio are practicing their darkness magic.  Master is writing down a list of stuff she has in her inventory.” (Ophidia)

 

“That last thing sound interesting.” (Skadi)

 

“I agree, but she won’t let any of us see it until she’s done with it.” (Ophidia)

 

“I guess she want’s us to be surprised by what’s on this list then.” (Skadi)

 

“That’s what I think as well.  But enough about the others, close your eyes and take a nap.  That will help relieve you of some of that stress.” (Ophidia)

 

“Don’t mind if I do.” (Skadi)

 

I closed my eyes and slowly fell asleep with the feeling of Ophidia’s hand running through my hair.  When I woke up again, I felt refreshed.  I looked up at Ophidia and saw that she was also asleep.  I grinned seeing this and slowly sat up.  Once I was in a sitting position, I carefully laid Ophidia down until our positions where reversed.  After an hour of sitting like this and watching Ophidia sleep, she started to wake up.

 

“This is a nice way to wake up.” (Ophidia)

 

“I thought that, since I enjoyed it, you would as well.” (Skadi)

 

“And you were correct.  How are you feeling now?” (Ophidia)

 

“Better than earlier, though I know I’m gonna be in the same state once we step foot outside.” (Skadi)

 

“Should we ask master if we should just go somewhere else?  I have a feeling that she will agree if it really makes you that uncomfortable.” (Ophidia)

 

“Nah, I’ve already agreed to participate in this festival they are gonna hold, and I don’t go back on my word.  Not to mention that, aside from some of the more overly excitable merfolk, most of the ones that I saw on my way to the leaders this morning didn’t overreact to seeing me.” (Skadi)

 

“That’s good.  Though if anyone else tries to offer to marry you, I WILL get involved.  You are mine and only mine, and I need to make sure people know that.” (Ophidia)

 

“Hehe.  I love that possessiveness of yours.  Just don’t go around killing people.” (Skadi)

 

“Wasn’t planning on it.  At most I’ll just kiss you in front of a large enough crowd to get the message across.  You wouldn’t mind that, right?” (Ophidia)

 

“Not really.  And even if I did, I would probably forget about it in the moment.” (Skadi)

 

It was at this moment that my stomach growled.  Ophidia chuckled and playfully poked my stomach.

 

“Sounds like someone is hungry.” (Ophidia)

 

“Shush you.” (Skadi)

 

I picked up Ophidia’s head and stood up from the couch.

 

“Don’t run away.” (Ophidia)

 

“I’m not, I’m getting something to eat.” (Skadi)

 

I walked over to where I had my bag and started to rummage through it to find something when I pulled out a box.

 

“I wonder where this came from?” (Skadi)

 

I opened the box and found it was full of assorted cookies.  I quickly closed it again since I didn’t want them to get ruined due to water.  I then quickly asked Luna with telepathy to set up a domain with no water in it in the room we were in and a second later she did so.  After thanking her, I sat down next to Ophidia and reopened the box.  I then noticed a little drawing of a snake on the inside of the lid.

 

“You made these?” (Skadi)

 

“Yep.  A while back I asked master to help me make something for you and I was going to give them to you sooner, but then things happened and I completely forgot about them.  When I got up this morning and saw you weren’t here, I decided to do what master was doing and looked through my inventory and found them.  Since you left your bag here, I decided to sneak them in there before I forgot again.” (Ophidia)

 

“Well thanks.” (Skadi)

 

I took one of the cookies out of the box and bit off a piece.  The mellow sweetness made me smile since it was just how I liked it.

 

“Very good.” (Skadi)

 

I glanced over at Ophidia to see she had a wide smile on her face.  I ate a few more cookies before I closed the box and put it back in my bag.  When I sat back down again, I leaned my head against Ophidia’s shoulder.

 

“Ophidia, is there anything you want from me?” (Skadi)

 

“What do you mean?” (Skadi)

 

“I don’t want to be the one on the receiving end all the time.  You are the one that’s almost always taking the lead in times where it’s just me and you, and I just go with it.  I want to take the lead too, but I have no idea what you would want to do.  I mean, with how good you are at all this romance stuff, you’d never think that neither of us actually know what we’re doing regarding it.” (Skadi)

 

“You’re overthinking it, Skadi.  The only thing that I do is try to spend time with you.  That’s all I really need.” (Ophidia)

 

“Hmph.” (Skadi)

 

I moved and wrapped my arms around Ophidia and we fell to the side.  I pinned her down by the shoulders and looked directly into her eyes.

 

“Ophidia, that can’t be all.” (Skadi)

 

“Why not?  You know everything about me, so you know I’m not that needy.” (Ophidia)

 

“Because!  I love you so much that it hurts and I don’t know what to do!  I’d conquer the entire world and give it to you if you asked, but I know you’d never ask that.  I just feel like I need to do more.” (Skadi)

 

Ophidia was smiling up at me while I stared into her amber eyes.  She then moved her arms and wrapped them around my neck, pulling me down.

 

“Like I said, you’re overthinking it, Skadi.  I couldn’t care less about most things in this world as long as I have you.  Who needs some material thing when I have you all for myself?  I get that you want a way to express your feelings that’s more than just spending time or sleeping with me, but truly, as long as it’s you, then I’m more than content.” (Ophidia)

 

She then brought her lips to mine.  While we lay there kissing, I started to calm down.  After about 15 minutes, we separated.  I moved down a bit and laid my head on Ophidia’s chest.

 

“Hehehe.” (Ophidia)

 

“What’s so funny?” (Skadi)

 

“I just wondered what all those merfolk would think if they saw us just now.” (Ophidia)

 

“Not sure, but I bet at least a few would be jealous.” (Skadi)

 

“Are you calmed down now?” (Ophidia)

 

“Yeah, though I’m gonna stay like this for a while.” (Skadi)

 

“That’s perfectly fine.  I like having a Skadi sized hug pillow as well.” (Ophidia)

 

I chuckled at that and then nestled closer.  We lay there in silence for a while until the sound of Ophidia’s heartbeat lulled me to sleep again.

 

Chaos Realm:

Order: ...

...

Atmos: ...

Luna: ...

Soleil: ...

Order: Can you three just get this over with already?  We have other stuff to do.

Atmos: Fine.  I now declare the start of this meeting to discuss the rules of the impending prank war.

Luna: Alright then, state your terms and we'll state ours.

Atmos: First, no collateral damage.  Second, no one but us three can be caught up in the pranks.  Third, nothing is allowed to be life threatening.

Soleil: I'm fine with all of that.

Luna: So am I.  Now for ours.  First, all pranks must not cause extreme discomfort, like a certain sword.

Soleil: Second, the pranks must not occur at times where something important is happening.

Atmos: Define that please.

Luna: Say we find something to do in the merfolk city like another labor for me to complete, you are not allowed to prank us during that time until said labor is complete.

Atmos: I'm fine with that.  Is there any more from the two of you?

Soleil: No.

Luna: No.

Atmos: Order, do you have any problem with any of these conditions?

Order: No.  These will serve to preserve order, so I give this prank war my  blessing.

*Atmos, Luna, and Soleil shake hands*

Luna: With that out of the way, let me just say how proud of Ophidia I am.  I didn't realize she was that smooth.

Soleil: I agree.

Atmos: She is impressive, but I believe that she learned all of that from watching the two of you.

I agree with Atmos.  She watched the two of you interact with you own significant others a lot, so she picks up a thing or two constantly.

Soleil: I don't know if I should feel embarrassed about that or not?

Luna: I wouldn't.  It just goes to show you that you are a good lover to Velvet.

Order: I've been taking notes as well, I just need people to stop showing up so much.

Atmos: You said the quiet part out loud.

Order: Oh, my bad.

124