Chapter 28 – With a Purpose
476 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Are you alright, Master?" Alara asked quietly. Aila had appeared to be quite warm and affectionate with the younger teenage girl, Ava, and now she handed her off to Nadya to care for.

"I saw a bit of myself in her, Alara." Aila said softly. She heard a rustle, but it was so common to hear a movement from her people when she called their name, Aila learned to let it become background noise. "I have an attachment to her, but the same attachment to everyone."

She watched as Nadya scooped the girl up and took her to the kitchen table. She was examined thoroughly, and she begged Nuri to come bathe her with life energy. From that point on, Nadya checked her skin, how much she weighed, and her strength.

"Nadya is happily caring for her, with a love and affection that isn't faked. Ava didn't have that at the castle, and now she has it from her sisters, and someone she'll eventually call mother." Alara put her hand on Aila's arm.

"She'll call her mom, not mother. Mother was the woman who poisoned her." At that moment, she felt the air grow heavy.

"Yes. The one who poisoned her, with a father not concerned enough to verify. The grandfather knew?" She asked.

"Yes, but it was the retired king's test. Would he be a king and a father? In the end, he was neither." Alara said softly. "Little Ava is the only good thing to come out of the capital in all this time." Aila sighed.

"You were there last night."

"Of course. When you went through the possibilities, we watched, and pulled them out when things got rough. You are far too strong, and pulled them into your space." Aila pursed her lips.

'My space. Haven. Create a place for them. How much stronger do I need to be in order to make it?' She asked silently.

'Much stronger, Master. And more skilled. You are already beyond this low land, but now that Ava is here, you have the time to think, and plan.' She heard Aila sigh.

'If Haven is made, and they are taken there, then the rules must be for here.' Aila frowned slightly. 'No, that isn't correct.' Her mind whisper slid into all their minds as she was so strong, she could barely restrain her mental voice, even when at a distance.

'I belong to this world, and so do all of you. So why not a hidden land? I have to think about it. Still so much I do not understand, or know. Hm, I just noticed. There is no thought that I won't be there some day.' Aila frowned. 'I wonder why that is.' Aila went outside to take care of some things, while Alara looked at her sister.

"It's easy for us to see, but she can not see yet." Ivadra said at Alara's confusion.

"I guess she's used to thinking she's human. When will we move here, sister? I don't want to leave Master's side anymore!" She whined. Ivadra chuckled.

"Let's continue to assist her, and start moving the families. Once they are here, then we'll withdraw everything but the surface. It will happen all in one night, on the surface."

 

* * *

 

"Little snake, you are still trying to mate with her?" Aila asked as she came over the pond and found Ellie swimming with the python wrapped around her. The python looked at Ellie, then Aila, then Ellie. Slowly, it nodded its head.

"She may feel like she's one of you, but she's not, little snake. There will be a time that you'll want to travel to the river, and see how the others are doing." The python shook its head quickly. She gently tapped its nose, and narrowed her eyes.

"I won't allow her to get pregnant, so get that out of your little head. Now be good and soak up the elements." Little Snake nodded vigorously.

Aila didn't really think that Ellie would get pregnant as that was cross species. However, she would never let it happen. Ellie belonged to her, and she didn't want the young woman to regress into an elemental beast, or become responsible for birthing a demi. The world still had lingering dark memories of the last ones humans had created.

Their methods were brutal, and the word 'taboo' floated through her mind when she thought about that method. There were other ways to make the demis, but that required patience, and guidance. Of her servants, only Elena seemed to have the necessary friendships with those who could evolve one day.

Aila went along the outer wall foundation, and found Elena cutting blocks out of the shelf of stone not far away. Speak of her little devil. She really liked Elena, and her kisses.

"That bear is eyeing you, Elena." Elena turned her head to watch the family of bears that Aila had placed between them and the town.

"I knocked him over when he tried to mount me." Elena said in a low voice. "At least he didn't try to eat me, but his mate was upset. I think she was mad because he wasn't successful though." She pursed her lips.

"You give off a strong stone bear scent at times, Elena. Your core was from a stone bear, and your earth elemental essence has grown to equal nearly a peak rank three." Aila grinned. "You are prime mating material in their eyes."

"Don't tease me, Master! I'm human, and we can't have babies of other species!" Elena said, and lowered her eyes.

"Fight that urge, Elena." Aila said gently, and watched her lift her eyes.

"Master?"

"It's not impossible, just difficult. However, I do not share my girls with beasts, even if you might enjoy his attention due to your new nature. Also, the hybrid baby would die in the process, or kill you as well. That's why there are so few demi species in the world, due to the cost in lives." Aila smiled gently.

"I think I understand." Elena realized that her Master would not withhold something good from her. She looked at her carefully. "Will we be able to...kiss tonight?" Aila smiled.

"I'll be working on the manor, so you can cuddle while I work. If that works for you." Aila walked away, while Elena watched.

"Work for me? Cuddle with Master? You're damned right that works for me!" Her Master could still work and she could work on Aila's lips. It would be a night of warmth and affection that usually became quite heated.

Her Master was really fond of her kisses.

 

* * *

 

"I'm not a god." Aila said quietly. She looked up at the sky and pursed her lips. "Real gods are so much more powerful." Aila sighed, and had little self awareness.

On the other side of the mountain, the land had richer elemental essence, and people were born naturally with an elemental core. That made the average cultivator much more powerful then the average cultivator in this realm, even though their methods of absorption were still not pure.

She could sense stronger elemental beasts moving around on the other side, and the occasional battle.

Aila didn't know how strong she was compared to the cultivators in other lands. What she knew is that she was stronger then the people here. Did that mean she was overly strong, or were the people here incredibly weak?

She didn't have a realm, or a rank. Unlike the people of this world, she was a blank sheet of paper, with no notes made by her ancestors, or guides to turn her away from the path set in front of her.

She could see the path ahead, and each step to take, as though the path were either made for her, or she was made for it.

With this simple thought process, she dismissed a possibility only because she couldn't see it herself. She was born a human, to a human mother and father, and on a different world.

What she didn't know was that her mother had been sick almost the entire time she was pregnant. Her parents were overjoyed that she went full term, but that sickness was the result of this universe's alterations on Aila while she was only a fetus.

It took the entire nine months to completely alter her genetic structure, and exchange the cells of her body with ones that would eventually push her from her original universe and into her new universe.

It took sixteen years before it could transfer enough dark elements into her body so her mutation could utilize the non material form, and slide her from there to here.

It was not an accident. She was chosen, and with a purpose.

 

17