Chapter 30 – Her Real Mom
403 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Your town seems a bit chaotic, shopkeeper." The robust woman said with a soft smile.

"Yes, there was an incident at an important part of Aros, one that shook that place up. A lich was discovered and destroyed, which led to all sorts of events." He said with a benign smile.

"That's not what I mean. There is a lot of spirit energy being discharged around here." She frowned. "Much stronger then I'm used to."

"Oh, that. That would be the owner of the manor in the forest, close to the river. It's best not to tangle with her. She beats up stone bears for fun." The woman blinked.

"Stone bears?"

"And dark panthers. Those rank fours are beyond most everyone on this side of the mountain, except for her." He pointed to a black fur to the side. "I bought that from her the other day." She quickly examined it.

"You didn't happen to buy the core, did you?" She asked. He put it on the table. "She actually sold it?"

"She doesn't need it. Her strength in the dark elements are way beyond what this small core can give her." He turned as he felt a fluctuation in the air. "Hm? Feels like she's fighting again."

"Bloody beast stones! That's her?" The woman paled. The rampant energy that she felt was not only beyond the area she grew up in, she also felt that the person who had that much power couldn't be human at all. "That feels like an old beast from over the mountains. A really old one."

"No, that's her." He smiled. "Anyway, I bought that core, let me check my ledger." He pulled out his book, and found the place. "Two hundred and fifty silver, or twenty five large silver. The girl was not greedy." She frowned.

"That is a low price. What do you want for it?"

"Thirty five large silver. I would charge forty if she sold it for thirty, and don't try to double my silver. Just fair prices." The woman quickly reached into the fold of her shirt and pulled out a leather satchel.

"I'll take it!" Thirty five large silver for a rank four dark panther beast core? That was unheard of, especially on the other side of the mountain. They would sell it for a hundred large silver, even though rank threes and fours were the most common beasts over there.

It still took four to five well armed Free Core cultivators to kill a rank four dark panther, and the battle would not always turn out well for the warriors.

Only the oldest of their clans on that side ever got to the next platform of existence, but their life force was always unstable. They could never figure out what the problem was.

However, as Aila battled an earth lizard, her awareness was turned outward, ever on the lookout for enemies. She already sensed the dark element user in Aros, and was curious.

 

* * *

 

"Master, why did you gather us together?" Ivadra asked while her sister sat beside her. Nuri and Nadya sat next to each other, with Ava on Nadya's lap. She absolutely refused to let her get far away. They were to Aila's front left, with Alara and Ivadra on her right. Elena and Ellie were beside Nuri, while Kaala and Shaala were beside Alara and her sister. A large circle of her closest companions.

"To teach. I've already taught Alara and Ivadra how to absorb the elements. However, I feel that this world has lost some knowledge. You believe you're in the Core realm, correct?" Alara nodded.

"That is what we feel. The third realm is the realm of the Core." Alara said.

"Incorrect." Aila said in a hollow voice. "The first realm is the one to teach the young how to see the elements, and absorb them, but isn't considered a realm at all." The women present looked surprised.

"The first true realm is Body Reinforcement. This is where you rebuild your body with your primal element, saturating the flesh with the pure elemental essence of Emanu. Next is the Foundation Building. Followed by Elemental Space Creation. That is followed by Elemental Core Building." Aila laid each realm out and watched their faces twitch, and see disappointment dwell in their eyes.

"So what happens now, Master?" Alara asked. "We skipped some realms, didn't we?"

"Yes. Which means there are some steps that need to be taken before you can advance." She looked at Alara and Ivadra. "If you should try to free your Core from the Foundation without it being rebuilt properly, your Core will be a lot weaker, and you won't advance into the upper realms. Most try to assault the True Core realm, but that is four realms above, and therefore, they become unstable. Eventually, they burn themselves out, though they gain an incredible boost in power in the short term."

"Oh." Ivadra said. "So those across the mountain have that problem?"

"Yes. They are a lot more powerful, but unstable. A prolonged battle will burn out their core. When I say that, I mean a regular battle that lasts five minutes. One fight can weaken them, and they will take a decade to recover. That's why they are hidden, and stay silent. They don't want to risk being unable to stabilize their condition." Aila said with a smile.

"So what do we do, Master?" Nuri asked.

"I help you to invest the time and effort into the skipped realms. Alara, and Ivadra, it is essential that you do not try to assault the boundary until it's time." Aila saw Shaala raise her hand.

"Master, you gave us beast cores. Will that harm us?"

"No. That will be the basis to rebuild your real core. For now, everyone will quietly work on saturating their body with their element. Since all of you now know how to see your elements, gather it from your space, and soak a finger in it. Saturate your finger until all you can see is your element. Once there is enough, you'll see a change." Alara looked at her hand, closed her eyes, and channeled the elemental essence she saw around herself and moved it into her left hand. She concentrated it on one finger, and continued to increase the amount until she blinked.

"My finger bones glow." Alara said in shock.

"Congratulations, my Seer." Aila said. "Alara is the first. Follow her example. Once you have completely saturated your bones, muscles, and skin with your element, you'll begin the transformation."

"Into what, Master?" Nuri asked as she bathed her hand in life elements.

"True elementalists. The first step along the path meant only for my treasured few." Aila voice grew hollow again.

"The universe has sent you to me. Down through eternity, we shall be together."

 

* * *

 

"Master sounded quite sentimental today." Alara said to her sister. She looked at Ava. "We have much to teach you, Ava." She looked at Nadya who still cradled her against her chest. "You have to let her get up and walk, Nadya." She watched the larger woman sigh, and pout a bit.

"I know, but it's so hard to not hug her." She rolled her eyes and stood up. "Baby, do you feel strong enough to go for a walk?" Ava looked up at her.

"I do, mom." She watched as Nadya's eyes misted up. "Does that make you sad?"

"No. Now I understand how Nuri feels. You would never have gotten poisoned if you were born as my baby." Nadya reached down and helped Ava to her feet. Alara watched her walk out, and looked at her sister. Ivadra nodded.

"Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing." She closed her eyes. She wanted to ask Aila about it as it had been on their minds lately.

'I know, Ivadra. Believe me, when Ava came to us, and the plans were enacted, I've considered the possibilities. Now I can no longer ignore them. Go bring me a hair of Ava's, with the little white part attached.' They felt a tremor run through the ground.

'Calm, Master. If she's not theirs, that means that Nadya can really be her mom. Her real one.' Alara felt some warmth radiate towards her.

'You always know what to say, don't you?'

 

19