Chapter 42 – The Queen’s Tower
162 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Down to the final chapters of the original draft, where I think it has already left the intended path, but this is what I've written, so the reference is handy.

 

Sol watched as her soldiers pulled wagon after wagon into the clearing, while Elena came to the outskirts of her new territory.

"Sol, due to the rampant death element, I can not enter your area. However, from a distance, I can absorb the earth element and excavate for the foundation of your tower." She gestured to the wagons that were pushed into the area, unloaded, and pushed back towards the temple. "These are the blocks I made for Master. She has assigned them to your tower."

"If you can't enter, how will it be built?" She asked in concern. Elena frowned.

'Master, she's right. You're in hibernation, and shouldn't use your elemental essence so casually. At least not at this distance. I'll need to build her tower for her.' Elena said with closed eyes. She felt a slight touch along her neck and shoulders.

'Little bear, I am happy to hear your concern about me. Make the plan, excavate the area, and have the soldiers build. Once the foundations are built, I'll stop up the font to allow you to fuse the area together.' Aila said within her mind, as well as Sol's. 'Here is the plan for the Queen's tower.'

An image flowed into their minds. It was a massive tower, incredibly tall, with thick walls, and large rooms filled with pillars. In the center, a single well was to be built where they could sit near the flowing elemental essence fountain.

'The base is for basic living, storage, and cells for the criminals that will be the basis of your food supplies. I won't deny you the lives of those who are too wicked to remain living. Just rein in Giel's appetite a bit, Sol.' Sol blushed at Aila's soft rebuke.

'The second floor are the bedrooms for her daughters. The third is the Queen's bedroom. Fourth and through to sixth shall be up to Sol's discretion. The fountain will be in the lowest of the three levels, where it is the strongest. Until you transform, do not go down to the second level. Do not go down to the third level until you advance out of the Foundation Building realm, and into Void Space Building realm. Those are the skipped realms even before Core formation. When you are to the Core Formation, I will help you rebuild your Core.' Sol immediately got down on her knees, and bowed with her head to the ground.

'Master.' Sol said respectfully.

'Stand, my Queen of Death. Never allow anyone to see the Queen bow to anyone. Elena is a fellow Queen, but of the Earth. Only inside your private areas will you ever bow.' Aila spoke firmly, while a gust of wind lifted her from the ground. 'Everyone, other than the Queens, should bow when you deem it proper.' Another flood of affection entered her space, and made Sol swoon at its strength.

'I understand, Master.' She looked at Salia.

'Do not embarrass your daughter, Sol.' A gust of wind picked up Salia from the ground, and turned her to face her mother. 'She is your daughter, and therefore a part of my family. A princess should never bow to anyone but her Queen, or whomever the Queen chooses.' The communication between them closed, which made Elena let out a shaky breath.

"Wow, Master may be hibernating, but her mental presence is so strong!" She said and wiped a bit of sweat off her brow. Sol nodded, looked at her daughter, Salia, and opened her arms. Salia ran into them quickly, which made Sol sigh.

"I know, baby." Sol said quietly. "She's so strong, she doesn't realize how it affects us. She said that you should only bow to me, or someone I deem worthy. In our private rooms, you can bow to Master." Salia hid her face in Sol's chest.

"Okay, mom." Sol smiled as Salia spoke in a small voice.

"Over a thousand years old, and still my baby. Until the foundation is completed, and we have somewhere to sleep, we'll need to use the carriages." She smiled down at Salia. "Make sure you come to mine tonight." Salia's cheeks reddened a bit.

"Okay, mom." She smiled as she inhaled Sol's soft scent that didn't have any hint of decay. She had the scent of pale dried roses, just a small hint, that always fascinated her. She could never get enough of that soft scent.

Salia also knew that after they ate their meals, there would be other things they could do with their teeth that they both found quite pleasant.

 

* * *

 

"Mom, just how powerful is Elena?" Salia asked, while she stood beside Sol. Her other daughters were behind Salia, and only peeked out fearfully as the earth elemental essence was ripped from the ground and three floors worth of stone turned into dust.

"Master made her just as strong as I am, Salia. She's a Queen, obeying the voice of our Master." Sol turned towards her, and lightly tapped her bottom. Salia turned in surprise when she heard Elena chuckle.

"Sol, allow her to express herself. She's been around only you for quite a while. She doesn't know that Master saved us earlier this year." Elena grinned and licked her fang. "She made me strong, taught me how to absorb the elements, and has affection for me. She also saved my sister, and several others who I've grown up with. All of us almost died at the hands of the Inaris clan. Poisoned, and dying. Even Nuri was filled with poison. My sister and I...well, you know what some in power can do." Sol grit her teeth.

"I do. I've punished so many over the centuries, and had no regrets doing so." Sol looked at the plans, and the hole being excavated. "Elena, can you leave a few platforms for the soldiers to get down? They will need stairs, but they will need to build the foundation properly, to hold up the floors above. Who is this Inaris clan? It seems like I should know about them, just in case they come to call." Elena grinned.

"I smashed their gate, and they haven't poked their heads out recently." She had a lot of fun smashing that gate. "Hm, I think I can do that. It's just a matter of making stairs that we can rebuild in the proper place later." Elena looked at the ground, the opening, and began to walk around.

"You smashed their gate? Do they own a town?" Salia asked.

"No, just a large manor, but they've been stupid the last few decades." Elena said. "They cheat people at their shops, intimidate the hunters who go to other towns, and make promises they can't keep. They had to sell us to keep coin in their treasury, never thinking they needed to cut back on luxuries."

"Rich people don't want to become poor. I've seen it again and again, but the ones with more will often swallow up the ones with less. The only reason they don't come to attack Master is because she's too powerful for them to do so." Sol sighed. "You were away from Master to let us through the mountain, and you were away from her to go smash that gate. That must have hurt."

"It did, but their gate is only over in Aros. The mountain isn't far, and it's good to have a way through the mountain. There may come a time when she wants to see that part of the world. Or she may have to punish them again. I'm not sure when it comes to Master. It's like she has knowledge she can't share." Elena shrugged. "I love Master, but Nuri is greedy for her presence." She pouted. "Master must be so happy to be hugged by her all day." Sol smiled.

"I've seen her ample assets, Elena. I'm sure she enjoys those soft hugs. If I was still alive like I used to be, I would love those warm hugs of hers. Instead, I now enjoy a cool calm, but wicked passion that is more like a hunger." Sol said and watched Elena grin.

"Master gave me a stone bear core. I know what you mean about wicked passion that is like a hunger. I bite now. And I like it."

 

3