Chapter 4 The First Ally.
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack roamed the forest, always walking straight ahead, staring at each time lines of sunlight on the ground that went in his direction so as not to deviate too much, he had eaten some apples and crunched in the loaf of bread, He was about to drink the water from the gourd, but after a few swallow he heard something, the weight of the gourd had not diminished, he turned it over, the water continued to flow without stopping. Jack promised to question Arel on this gourd later, meanwhile it had become his most precious, he put it neatly in his basket, then not knowing when he would fall on the person summoned, he decided to take a break sitting on a stone in the shade.

Jack wiped the sweat from his forehead with his sleeve, he unbuttoned his doublet and had an idea with the bottle, if he had a soap he could take a shower, dreaming of a good shower, Jack suddenly felt a blade on his throat, a arm slipped under his neck to pull him back and the blade was hidden from view.

"Don’t move!" A woman's voice ordered, she seemed nervous in Jack's ears. "Tell me slowly who you are and what you are doing here."

Jack could easily get out of her grip thanks to his power but he knew that this person was the summoned and that make her his future ally.

"My name is Jack, I came to take you to the camp, from today we are comrades, and if you refuse you will stay alone at night, facing alone animals as magical as ferocious."

The grip relaxed, Jack stroked his throat to ease the pain a little, the girl stood before him, she held not a knife but a ridiculous stone in his hand.

"I do not believe you Jack." She said.

"In this case, acts are better than words." He said, rising from the stone.

Jack clenched his right fist, flashing his lightning bolts, he hit the stone he was sitting in with all his might, it shattered creating a cloud of smoke, and then Jack looked back for the first time in the young woman's eyes. He was troubled by her beauty.

"You see that's the kind of power you'll get at camp." Jack said shyly.

The girl relaxed when she saw his change of mood, she dropped what served as her as weapon. She had long black hair, a slender figure with provocative leather pants that matched her form and a fine linen buttoned outfit. She combed her hair by a quick toss of head.

"My name is Lisephir, you've convinced me, I'm curious to know your story and this camp, so I'm willing to go with you." She said.

"For my story it will be complicated because I remember nothing like you know, and for the camp it's just an orb that speaks and gives orders."

"Oh, nothing extraordinary then." She said laughing and smiling.

Jack gave him back her smile and led her to the camp, on the way Lisephir was full of the fruit basket and had also blocked on the infinite water bottle. Jack was surprised when he arrived, a river flowing in a circle, surrounding the entire perimeter of the spot just at the edge of the trees, the water was as clear as the light of the evening moon. Jack and Lisephir crossed on three small flat stones express on this spot by Arel to form the entrance.

"Why that river, Jack asked showing all the water. Is this gourd not enough to wash us?" He asked while laughing at her.

Lisephir watched the orb to see how she was doing to talk, but only saw a cloud moving inside without real consistency.

"A gourd?" Arel spoke. "Oh yes you want to talk about the one I gave you, indeed its bottom is connected to this river that purifies everything, you can wash in it will become clean and pure to be drunk."

"Amazing." Jack said. "Can i have soap to wash me it itches me?"

"Yes, of course." Arel answered.

Arel popped a bar of soap in Jack's hand, who went to undress near the river, paying no attention to Lisephir, who was angry cause of lack of attention.

"But seriously, you do not care about me or something like that? Is there no one to explain to me what I'm doing here, damn it!" Lisephir complained.

"Oh, sorry, my dear, it's true that Jack was not able to explain to you as well as I did him, come here I'll tell you the purpose of this camp and your coming." Arel said.

Lisephir lying with her bust raised listened to Arel carefully, from time to time she glanced at Jack who was taking a bath in the river, not to watch him but to warn him that she was going to hit him for not telling there is a dragon in the story. Jack understood, he pouted while breathing air through his teeth, then disappeared under the water to hide.

Under the water Jack released a little air to reach the bottom with his whole body, he opened his eyes and saw the green of the trees and the blue of the sky through the layer of water. The vagueness of the water reminded him of his nightmare and unwittingly he released lightning with his fist, the lightning current spread in the river. Jack leaned his head out of the water, he stared at his hand for a moment trying to figure out what was going on under the water, and finally out of his bath.

Lisephir finished listening to the story of Arel and the black wizard in war with the kingdom, she was about to receive her powers.

"Put your hand out now, I'll wake up the powers inside you." Arel said.

"It's not going to hurt" Lisephir worried asked .

Jack laughed at Lisephir, who glared at him, then he stopped. Arel, as it is customary to be an orb, was illuminated to trace the symbol on Lisephir's right hand; the drawing represented a germinating plant.

0