Chapter 5 Brutal confrontation.
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You should be able to heal wounds with that ability." Arel said.

Lisephir looked at her hand, she was delighted but did not forget why she should use it and what include her role.

"So, I have to treat those who are injured in fight, does that mean that I can stay close to you orb?" Lisephir asked.

"Yes it's better, if necessary I'll use my magic."

Jack joins them.

"I need a sword." Jack said without preamble. 

"It will only embarrass you." Arel replied. « I'm going to equip in first and start with the helmet, for tonight it'll be enough."

"I do not like helmets, it obstructs my vision." Jack answered. "Keep your magic, I'll just dodge."

"I should call you Jack the Reckless." Said the orb, while waiting for the assault she made some juicy food. «Your dinner is ready."

Arel conjured legs of meat with mushroom-flavored potatoes and beans, Lisephir could not believe her eyes, and began to eat with Jack. The two of them were sitting cross-legged and barely talking to each other during the meal. Once finished, Lisephir spoke.

"What are the monsters you fought yesterday?" She asked.

"A monster, it was alone." Jack corrected. "It was Arel who saved me, or should I say that we fought together now that our destinies are linked, to come back to your question it was a huge wolf with a horn, its paws could overturn a bear."

Lisephir felt a shiver run down her back, she would have preferred not to be there, she gave up herself to the grass with the desire to disappear before the night, Jack tried to reassure her.

"If you were summoned here, it is the proof that you can do it Lisephir, that's what I think." Jack said trying to confort her.

"It could have summoned anyone Jack, this orb is playing with us, if that happens we can run away." Lisephir said, looking straight into Jack's eyes nervously.

"Even if what you say is true, she is the most powerful magician of the kingdom, we are the only ones who can protect her, so if we let her die, it will be our turn very soon."

Lisephir had badly judged Jack, he had attached himself to Arel and did not want to betray her, she sighed.

"I did not know you were so helpful, anyway I doubt that we can escape, it’s better fight together as you said."

"Well. » Jack said. « I think it's time the last rays of sun disappeared."

Arel began to shine to light up the place, the light allowed the champion to see perfectly beyond the river, perfect for predicting the movements of enemy servant.

"Stay close, they will not be late." Arel said. "I have bad news, they came to many."

Jack pouted.

"How many?" He asked worriedly.

"About three." She answers concentrated.

Jack scared imagined the three wolf jumping on him, he moved closer to Arel for reassurance, she reminded him his position, just as Lisephir pushed Jack to force him to defend the river.

"Hold the River Jack." Arel said. "From there I could cover your back."

"Well." Jack said, feigning courage as he felt his heart beating fast.

For him he was going straight to death, the group heard the shout of the beasts coming from the forest, but not in the same direction as the last time.

"They had to take another gate." Arel warned.

Jack quickly repositioned himself to face the wolf. There was no noise, Jack heard his own breathing and was on the lookout, he noticed in the distance the servant who ran through the forest and warned his group.

"They're coming." Jack shouted without turning around.

Lisephir put her head in her hands, she was terrified. The wolves stopped when they saw the river, except for one who did not care and continued on in the water, its legs were barely submerged. Jack invoked his lightning and put his hand in the water, he tried the idea he had when taking his bath, the wolf wondered what he was doing and was struck by Jack's attack spread in the water until the wolf fell backwards.

Lisephir, who believed that it was Jack who had died, spread her hands and was filled with joy at seeing that he was still alive, she could not restrain an encouragement.

"Jack, you can do it!" Lisephir shouted.

Jack had just reversed the situation thanks to this river, as long as he did not cross it he could have them one by one. The wolves seeing their fellow slaughtered and turning into a crystal, avoided the water, they took the momentum to jump the river, Jack understood what he was going to do and ran to reposition himself near Lisephir and Arel. The wolves land with a smash on the other side.

"And now?" Jack worried asked.

"Give me time." Arel said.

Jack nodded his head he decided to trust her, he rushed against the wolves stirring air to frighten them and ward off possible attacks, the wolves retreated fearing lightning, suddenly a big water column thrown by Arel fell on one of the wolves that was pressed to the ground.

Jack hit the wolf on the ground not giving it time to pick up its mind, he defeated it like the first, Jack did not have time to dodge the attack on his back and was kicked into the river. The last wolf hesitated between finishing Jack or attacking the defenseless girl and the orb, he played it strategically and went to attack Lisephir. Jack tried to get up to help them, but his arm nearly under his weight, he was weighed down by his wet clothes, he had blood on his head and a twinges pain in his ribs. The orb immobilized the wolf with her ice, which struggled to pull itself out of the blocks of ice that held its paws.

"Lisephir go heal Jack !" Arel shouted.

Lisephir ran to Jack to heal him.

"Oh my god, do not move!" She said.

0