Chapter 6 Build a camp.
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She put her hand on her chest, a green light appeared as a blessing repairing Jack's wounds and making the blood flow disappear. Jack thanked Lisephir, then left to face the wolf who had just freed itself from the ice trap. The servant groaned after Jack, snapping its fangs every time.

Jack was no longer afraid of injury thanks to Lisephir's care, which allowed him to fight hard, he blocked a hit; then gave several lightning punch to the wolf who nearly fell at the end of the assault but shook its head to recover its will, the attacks were only fatal if its body was in the water. The wolf rushed headlong, surprising Jack to impale him with its horn.

Jack rolled forward to go under the wolf, he narrowly avoided the horn and found himself behind its back. The wolf turned to the side to see its opponent and took Jack's fist right in the head, it fell backwards and finished in crystal. Jack catch his breath and drop from exhaustion next to the orb, he felt stronger during the third wolf's fight. Arel received the three crystals from Lisephir and she too needed to rest because her mana source was empty. Lisephir, who did not want to be alone, fell asleep beside Jack, relieved.

Jack woke up first, the sunlight blinded him, he did not want to eat lunch right away and wanted to test his new strength, he tried to climb a tree. He had already tried and slipped all over his chest. This time he took a hold one by one, without using his knees he managed to climb with disconcerting ease and reached the first branches, delighted he crossed the mass of leaf to get out his head and the first thing he He was enjoying the breath of the wind caressing his face and hissing in his ears. Jack felt that this wind was as big as this forest, indeed he draw waves on all blue trees like a calm sea and never stop to blow, it was invigorating, he enjoying this moment until that Lisephir wakes up and looks for breakfast.

"Where are you Jack?" Lisephir said tactlessly.

Jack looked at the landscape for the last time and jumped off the tree from the first branch. He rolled to take the shock and the ran over the stones to cross the river.

"Wow a real ninja." Arel commented.

Lisephir did not say any compliment, instead she gave him a cheerful smile and went to sit down to eat. There was a wooden table that supported the basket with fruit. Jack took the time to enjoy his meal, with Lisephir.

"Are you know the position of the new summoned?" Jack asked between bites.

"It has not arrived yet." She replied.

"I thought we could build barricades all around the area and put traps in the forest." Jack said.

"For the traps it would be too dangerous." Said Arel. "The barricades I can deal with today, with the crystals of last night, I became more powerful and I can now make a lot more wood."

Lisephir began to dream of a wooden house instead of a sharp barricade that would serve to impale her enemies, spilling their blood into the river. Jack arguing with Arel about the form and location of their defense, he was a little too excited for her liking. Arel began to conjure up huge logs of wood to spike at the end.

"Hold Jack's planting them all right by the river. No dummy!, do not put it in front of the entrance, we'll keep it to reduce their numbers and maneuvering space." Arel said.

All morning Jack and Arel were busy building the barricade, Arel spreading the ground as if to dig her river for Jack to put every spike, this control of the dust was slow and could not be useful in battle Jack thought, but was perfect to build a camp, besides the powers of Arel began quite powerful which was a good thing for the survival of the group.

"The last peak was planted." Arel said.

Jack gave himself a little seated break at the entrance to the camp, Lisephir inspected the defense all the way, the spike were fiercely heading out, now the wolves could no longer jump the river and would have to go through the entrance to get there where Jack will stand. It had the advantage of dissipating the chance of the location of the appearance of the servant.

"Nice barrier." Lisephir said.

Jack caught his breath and thanked her.

The orb started to shine for a moment.

"I sense the presence of a summoned." Arel said. "He is in that direction." She pointed out, forming an arrow of water above her. "He is not alone, an evil creature has appeared right next to him."

"What ? How is it possible in broad daylight." Jack said, who got up in a hurry.

"It is not everything, it is much stronger than a wolf, I do not know what it is."

The group hesitated before making a decision, that is sending Jack to the rescue of the invoked and bring him back to the camp.

"I was going to go anyway." Jack said. "I will not let an amnesiac get slaughtered by a monster without knowing why."

"Wait Jack take this stone with you, give it to him when you find it, it will simplify the dialogue." Arel said.

Jack took the stone and put it in his wallet without asking what it was, and go on a rescue mission. Lisephir stayed alone with the orb, worried to not see Jack come back, she settled down in the grass. Arel sighed, now everything was resting on Jack.

0