Chapter 7 Fight at the top.
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack ran faster than usual in the forest, twice faster than a normal man, soon he arrived at the meeting of the invoked who was on the lookout for the slightest sound.

"Who's going?" He said.

Jack jumping from a tree, appeared in front of him.

"I'm here to protect you." Jack kneeling, held out the stone not knowing what it would do.

"Accept to touch this stone."

"Well since you insist, I'll touch this stone, after all, at the speed you appeared you could have flanked a good hit without I react."

The man touched the stone, then help to lift Jack by the arm.

"I follow you Jack." said the man.

Jack did not ask a question and escorted the man through the forest. Behind them could be heard the crackling wood, as if a giant crush the forest. As this noise drew nearer, the birds were added to the cacophony with their scream.

Jack and the man arrived at the camp, he put his hand on the orb and received his mark, we could see the wind as rune.

"Now you are our Akyriel." Said the orb.

Akyriel bowed, he wore a green jacket and a white stocking that made him elegant, he held his hair in a ponytail. The champion group saw a magical giant made of stone surpass the top of the trees and would be on the camp in a few moments.

"I do not have any more magic, it will be necessary that you face it outside the barricades or we will all die this night either by this thing or by the wolves." Says the orb tragically.

"I'll take care of it." Jack said. "I wanted to measure up to him, Akyriel, Lisephir I can count on you?"

"Of course." Lisephir said. "I will be in retreat to heal you."

"You can count on me like a brother in arms." Akyriel said, tapping his own chest.

"I linked you together, now you will share the experience gained by shooting a magic monster, it works at a distance of a hundred meters, so that Lisephir can progress too without offensive spell." Arel said.

"Perfect, forward!" Jack shouted, jumping on the stones of the entrance of the camp.

The three champions stood in the woods on the giant's road who had not yet noticed them, its body jostling the trees with its shoulders, breaking branches like twigs in its path.

"If it continues, it will destroy the forest." Lisephir said.

"It's not the forest that matters, but the orb." Akyriel said.

"To be exact, it's a woman inside." Jack corrected.

"What I meant was that it would be time for you to stop it before it reached our camp." Lisephir laughed.

Jack and Akyriel obey her, the giant noticed them at its feet and decided to trample them, its body being imposing the giant was slow, it made it easy for Jack to dodge but not yet for Akyriel.

"Akyriel join Lisephir and cover me from there." Jack said for protect him.

Akyriel realized that he was not at his right place and retired. Jack clung to the giant's foot and began to climb on its leg, the giant wanted to crush him with its fist, Jack took hold on its knee to jump on the wrist of the arm in motion; then the giant having missed its shot, made Jack go off in a big turn of arms in the branches. Jack clung with his strength to not be swept.

"It's time to help." Lisephir said to Akyriel.

"I will try my power but I do not guarantee anything." He replied.

Akyriel concentrated, a wind blew moving his clothes to gather in front of him in a whirlwind, then he grew and formed a blade in an arc; in a single movement the blade of wind left in the direction of the giant's shoulder on the side where Jack was. The impact made the giant kneel down. Jack had been ejecting into the top of a tree because of the shock, he cut the branches in front using his lighting fist, and took hold of one of them to jump on the huge golem.

Jack reached the top of its skull, there was a liana around big enough to hang on, the giant tried to remove it but its hands did not reach this place. Jack took the opportunity to slap its neck, his attack completed, he looked at the wounds of the giant but he had suffered no scratches.

The giant grabbed the creeper from the front and lifted it up with Jack.

"Be careful!" Lisephir shouted.

The giant slammed the creeper with Jack hanging on it for more than a hundred meters hitting several trees at their summit. Jack dazed by the shock saw the giant heading in his direction. It is strong Jack thought, none of our attacks reached it at this rate. Jack did not admit his defeat and stood on the tree, he still had time before the giant whose only head and shoulders were sticking out of the leaves like a shark in ocean.

"It's time to move on to the next step." Jack said to himself.

Jack increased the strength of his lightning to the detriment of his mana reserves, the lightning on his arm grew and shone harder than usual, taking lighter shades. Jack focused his whole being to keep his power under control, the pain increased as he advanced the lightning on his arm, drops of blood bead from his hand, he had to avoid over-concentrating his lightning on one spot otherwise he will hurt himself. The giant will continue its march like a docile soldier. Jack's shoulder was provided with lightning, like an armor now the lightning did not let any more see the arm of Jack, he had managed to propagate his power but felt his mana be consumed on a large scale by this one; he stood up to protect his own.

"You're going to taste the thunder, black mage's puppet." Jack said.

0