Chapter 8 The battleground.
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack jumped from his tree to reach the one in front of him, he managed his jump successfully by catching himself at the top of the trunk with his normal hand, he understood how to do and do one jump after another until reaching the golem; the huge creature shook its fist on Jack. At the same time Lisephir and Akyriel had caught up with the Golem running to the ground and saw Jack face to the golem with lightning covering his entire arm.

"Oh my god." Lisephir said amazed.

Jack cocked his fist and waited for the right moment to hit, a shock wave followed the impact, the giant's rock skin cracked and he held his hand to extinguish the flames.

"Take that servants!" Jack upset shouted.

Jack the slayer jumped towards the giant to hit it in the face making it wobble back, Jack fell to the ground again in front of his teammates, without paying attention to them he hit the leg of the giant to make it lose its balance, the giant grab a tree to hold on. Akyriel did not let it do it and cut the tree in from his blade of wind. Jack as an arrow jumped into the air to smash the golem's middle, he hit it repeatedly in a frenzied assault, with each blow the stone was cracking, Jack caught his breath, then defeat his opponent.

"It end here!" Jack released said.

The lightning cracked the golem that burst into thousands of light before falling back and forming a huge crystal, same size of an apple. Jack's power dissipated for lack of mana, he found his arm scratch, Akyriel and Lisephir came to support him and lay on the ground, then squat at his side.

"Well done Jack." Lisephir said. "I did not know you capable of such a feat."

"Thanks, Lisephir, can I ask you something?" Jack said.

"Of course I'm listening to you."

"Can you heal my wounds?"

Lisephir had come to understand that she had forgotten her role, Jack continued to speak in monologue while he was being treated to make fun of her. Once he recovered he turned to Akyriel.

"By the way, what did the stone to you that you agree to follow me?" Jack asked.

"Well when I saw you I was a little scared, but when I touched this stone, I saw the memories of the orb on the camp with you who were fighting the servant."

"Memories..." thought Jack.

Lisephir left to take the crystal in her hand and put it in her purse, in front of it there were the trees that leaned on the side because of the giant who had made its way to the orb, it was terrifying.

"We can go now." Lisephir said, eager to leave the fight spot.

Akyriel stretched out his hand to help Jack get up, who accepted him vigorously, he got up in good shape and all three returned safely to the camp. Arrived at the camp’s entrance, the meal was seated, this time there were even round chairs around the table which was slightly higher.

"Don’t we eat on the floor anymor?" Lisephir asked, who was tired of sitting on wet grass.

Arel chuckled, Lisephir pulled out the big crystals to give it to her.

"Oh ! I see you defeated the giant, I thought we were all going to die tonight." Arel admiringly said.

"It's thanks to Jack." Akyriel said. "He managed to have enough strength to break the giant's body into pieces."

It seemed to everyone at that moment that the orb was focused on Jack.

"Jack your mana pool is empty how are you going to fight tonight." said the orb.

"I have an idea." Jack said, pointing to the entrance. "But I need a sword and a shield."

Arel gave him a heavy sword and a steel shield in the shape of a rhombus.

"I hope you know what you're doing." Arel tired said.

Jack made wide reels to test the sword, he turned to Akyriel in battle position.

"Akyriel throw me an apple." Jack said.

Akyriel stopped eating, stood up to throw an apple at full speed. Jack saw it coming and sliced the air in front of him, the apple remained intact, it fell back to the ground.

"I knew it!" Arel said. "You do not know how to use a sword all that was just wind or sheer madness, she sighed. I'll have to save my magic to replace you tonight."

Jack understood Arel's thought, but was not of her opinion, he placed his shield on his back and put the sword into his sheath at his waist. The stem of the apple on the ground had been sliced sharply. Jack left resting by soaking his feet in the river, Akyriel was testing his wind magic, and Lisephir listened to the orb's strategy in every detail, except that she did not understand anything about this positioning story, troop, or even surprise attack at the black mage taking his gate before him, she pretended to understand each sentence to not upset Arel. Jack enjoyed his new life as a champion, which was important for him was to protect Arel and his group he considered as friends, he took the time he had before the battle to find a name for the group. He found one that pleased him, then fell asleep.

Jack was awakened by the roar of the forest, the black mage's servants had just arrived, he rushed inside the camp that was in panic.

"What's happening." Jack shouted.

"A pack of wolf arrive and it is accompanied by a golem!" Arel panicked said.

Jack had no more strength to use his lightning, if the golem reached the barricades, it would be the end of the group.

"There must be a way." Lisephir thinking.

"I can try but you will have to protect me while I make my spell, you should not let anyone interfere." Arel said.

Jack took his shield and brandished his sword.

"To the front, let's fight the wolf till the end!" Jack said.

Akyriel and Lisephir joined him, and stood a few feet behind Jack, who stood just between the peaks. The sound of running footsteps was heard more and more. Arel during this time manipulate a body of water above her, without real form. The champions felt their hearts beat together with the sound of battle. Jack turned to talk to his teammates.

"I know we are all afraid, that these wolves are more numerous, but we will not lose, because we are those who fight the dark wizard, we crush as many times as necessary his army, and one day it will be us who will come to his lands, night and day, because we are The Wolf Slayer!" Jack shouted.

Jack had done what he could to re-motivate his clan, he had no more time, the noise of the pack block all discussions, like a tsunami swallowing a bather, a wave of rabid wolf invade the entrance of the camp. Jack found himself in the fray, blocking with his shield and cutting all he could, the carnage burst in a few seconds, Jack did not know where he was nor understand what was happening, it was a real battlefield.

Blades of wind beat down on the wolf pack, gradually eliminating the weight Jack had to hold with his shield. Jack no longer counted the scratches on his body, nor the blood flowing. Little by little all the wolves had arrived and we could hear more than screams of rage or groans of agony with every stroke of Jack's sword. Meanwhile the giant took the same road as the previous, facilitating it to cross the forest, it would be there in a few minutes.

Akyriel fell to magic, Lisephir was healing Jack from a distance as best she could. Arel had formed a huge ice javelin the size of a tree. The ice was pure and shining like crystal, the giant came out of the forest to put a foot in the river, it was close to the barricades. Arel threw her javelin into the giant's chest, which stumbled dangerously forward, stumbling over the peaks that broke under its weight. Jack watched the giant impaled from side to side by the javelin of ice falling on the orb.

"Arel!" Jack shouted stupefied, he realized it was over for her, he turned to watch the wolves block by his shield and thought only revenge.

Jack unleashed his anger on the wolves, he dropped his shield to take his sword with both hands and cut in the heart without taking into consideration the pain, the wolves began to be afraid of him, Jack the slayer decimated the remaining wolves, the last tried to flee, but Jack threw his sword like a javelin to shoot it before it left the river. The wolves lay dipped in the water, little by little a crystal field was formed with their bodies. Jack dropped to his knees, alone in this field of little crystals, the rain began to fall as if to echo his feelings towards Arel.

0