Search and Ritual (Chapter 1)
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Somewhat nauseous content Begins)

And here I am, in a dark room, full of Eldritch Symbols, and a lot of blood with 5 fresh corpses, which can be used in latter rituals, especially those eyes, gonna have to scoop them out and find a place to preserve it, but then I remembered the inventory, so I took the fresh bodies aaaaand let’s leave before anything else happens with me, like right now.

As I walk to the door and open it, walking past symbols of eyes, tentacles, and mouths, with gutted men and beasts, their entrails either spilling onto the floor, or falling since they were placed on a hook. The closer I get to the door the older the bodies become, with where I woke up with still warm blood and smelled of a fresh kill, and the closet body to the door, I look at what I assume is the first sacrificed person these cultists used, it’s a woman, on a hook rusted by blood, the floor beneath a strewn with empty eggs that fell from her body, as there are dead shells of maggots and the husks of flies, her eyes seemingly where the first batch was laid, eating away at the brain, then the throat, then the heart, then the stomach. Now with that sight I walk up the stairs, it seemed this is the basement, cliche, and open the doors.

(And it ends)

When I open them, I am greeted with a hallway, clean and not old looking, I look around, there are 2 doors on each side, left and right, I am at the end, and there is one on the other side. I approach the doors on the left, the first opens up to a large bathroom, 9x9x8 room, with a standard bath, toilet, and sink, but there is a door that seems to connect to the other room, I proceed to open the cupboard bellow the sink, since there was a cupboard there, and see pipes, seems that this world has plumbing, or the part I am currently in at least.

After that I try to open the door in the bathroom that leads to the other room, but it’s locked, I go out and try the door in the hallway, also locked, it seems either the person in there locked the doors probably around the time the cultists started doing their thing and died to dehydration most likely, or they are alive, and have been leaving when either the cultists all have left and getting food and water to bunker up, if the later is true then either they are a heavy sleeper, but not a snorer, I heard nothing, or is being quiet and thinks either the cultists did something either correctly or wrong and summoned something, which may be true since I seem to have been summoned, or thinks I may be a new one checking the place, since from the corpse near the basement door, they seem to have been here for some time and looking at some of the older ones, some of them were cultists.

Leaving the second door from the basement door on the left alone, I cautiously try the first door on the right, planning on leaving it open once in and always listening to my surroundings. As I open the door, I look at the corners, to see if there is something out of place, nothing out of place, just another 9x9x8 bathroom, I close the door and lock it behind me, both bathrooms also seem to have no window, now onto the bedroom, most likely.

As I open the door and scope it out, I see that it’s empty and the bedroom is disheveled, the room is a 9x15x8 room, same length has the bathroom to line up and a lot wider and the same height, also no windows. I proceed to pick through the room, looking for anything, and then I found a piece of paper with unintelligible scribbling on it but as I look at longer, the clearer it became, until I saw this.

‘If you are reading this, then that means either you have found this place and either the cultists are already dead or you killed them or they brought you here and you killed them, I wouldn’t doubt that they left a weapon near a trained person or normal peasant, they weren’t the smartest, but sadly I became weaker than even a normal person, HA, the Archmage of Eurosea became weaker than a normal person, truly that poison brought me low. This is a note I left tat would always reappear in my families house, where you are now, and none of those cultists could activate the Hidden Message spell on the paper. The room that was originally for kids, the other bedroom, is locked, which is intentional, there was always a secret passage connected to the living room, and with the last of my Mana I teleported all knowledge and armaments in there and locked the doors, the way to access the secret passage should be in the back of the left most cabinet in the kitchen, it has a invisibility enchantment and can only be activated intentionally, now the last thing I should tell you is welcome to the Cursed Dungeon of Entrapment, originally the Forest of Ambrosia, my families forest.’

And that answers my question, welp I guess I know what I’m going to do now, I guess. I proceed to leave the room and go towards the assumedly living room door and open it. I am greeted with a lot sunlight, “FUCK MY EYES” I shout and cover my eyes, also noting my voice is neither masculine nor feminine, uh, should probably check if I even have a gender and what I look like, considering I don’t have any booba. After getting used to the light I proceed to look around, the living room is connected to the kitchen with my left being the kitchen and the right being the living room, pretty modern by my standards, which I have, which is also weird since I don’t have any memories, maybe it’s all subconscious knowledge, but back onto the room, it’s a 20x20x8 room, with the 2 parts splitting the room in half, pretty humble considering this is a family home of the ‘Archmage of Eurosea’ which either is a Continent or a kingdom, so maybe his family was most likely part of the lower nobility, considering they owned a forest so they had to be nobility, anyway I proceed to go to the left most cabinet and open it, and am met with a variety of spices, I place them on the counter under the cabinet till it’s empty and proceed to touch the back of the cabinet, trying to find the button, which I did, and pushed it.

I saw the start to shimmer then the stone, or whatever the white wall was made of, procced to make a hole inward, towards the bedroom on the other side, and I look in and immediately see some armor, well time to go in, and I stepped in then the hole receded, making the wall look like a normal wall once more. As I look around, the room is of a similar size to the other bedroom, I am met with a variety of armaments, from leather to full-plate in armor, a variety of normal western weapons like broadswords, bows and daggers, but also some exotic ones, there are a pair of Khopesh swords, a Kusarigama, a Naginata, and a Qiang, all very deadly weapons when used correctly, I also saw on the right wall and entire bookcase full of well, books. Then something Sparked, and an idea was formed, bring all the weapons in the basement and cast a ritual by using the bodies in there and make 5 blood circles with the 5 fresh bodies I had, and so I did.

Everything is set now let’s begin. (Magic is Evaluating the Bonuses, Fate is seeing the Possibilities, Luck is preparing the die. Magic has determined the Bonuses, +30 from a lot of bodies, +25 from 5 blood circles with their appropriate cadaver, still fresh, +75 for a Magically infused site, +25 from a variety of weapons of different cultures and a +10 from Arcana, for a total of +165, 2 extra rolls for first Grand Ritual and a proper set up for someone’s first time. Fate has determined the Possibilities, 25 for a Common result, 50 for a Uncommon result, 75 for a Rare result, 100 for a Epic result, 150 for a Legendary result and 200 for a Unique result. Luck has prepared the D100. ALL IS SET NOW IT’S TIME TO ROLL THE DIE.

1d100 + 165 = 61 + 165 = 226 (Unique))

As I fill the ritual circles with mana, my mind starts to blaaaannnnnkkkkkkkk.

(3rd POV)

Has a MC sits in the middle of the room filling the circles with mana, he blanks, eyes glazed and then they speak, “the one power whom I seek is always watching, never leaving me alone, a father like no other, yet his face I can not see.” The Lines of the Circles start to connect, linking them all into one huge Ritual site. “So I Beseech thy Father, to give me the history of these weapons, all there users from before, and if not some basic ones, for I gave you my soul, and has a offering I giveth thee these bodies to keep and there soul to keep, do you agree with this deal I have offered.” The Ritual glows Pitch black, and out MC smiles. “Stab myself with an eldritch dagger, deep in my gut, oh well the price for power and safety.” They proceed to grasp in the air and a dagger came out, the blade made of black flesh and the bottom of the hilt is an eye, he aims it in the middle of his belly, and then stabs. The corpses proceed to twist and turn, moving towards their stabbed gut, and it proceeds to enter, their stomach becoming quite bloated, and then the armaments also started to twist and turn including the rusty hooks, and then zipped straight into the gut, making it even more bloated, and then the room is Pitch Black.

(Back to 1st POV)

When I wake up, I look around to see the basement empty. I guess it’s in my stats

[CSS (Cultist of the Seer System) Interface]

[Status: The Summary of your Existence.

Name: N/A

Age: 18

Race: Human? (Under Eldritch Corruption, Evolution Possible)

Religion: Origin

Chosen God: The Seer, God of Knowledge, Magic and Judgment, the Eldritch Archivist, Seer of !*!@*&@*

Occupation: Novice Cultist

Level: 15 (180900/819200 ExP)

EP (Evolution Points): 100 (Make Sacrifices in the Preferred form of your God, Gain Achievements, and just grow Stronger to gain EP)

FP (Favor Points): 0 (Make Sacrifices in the form of Knowledge, be it History, Magic, or Science to gain FP. New Knowledge, and Stolen Knowledge gets you more FP and EP)

Sacrifices Made: 0

Strength: 150

Agility: 150

Endurance: 150

Insight: 31

Spirit: 580

Arcana: 290]

[Inventory: Empty]

[Skills: Learned Abilities to do something that's recognized by the system or a Product of a Trait.

Eldritch Rituals (Adept) {LV: 100}: you have broken through to almost an expert stage in the understanding Eldritch rituals because of your very first ritual being of the highest grade.

Eldritch Conjuration (Novice) {LV: 1}: due to the result of the Ritual being what it was, this was the closest magic school like it. Only have a basic understanding of this]

[Traits: Natural Abilities that can change and grow that are recognized by the System, Fluent Languages, or the Product of a Perk.

Eldritch Magic (Proficient): you qualify for this Trait and more due to gaining a maximum result in one of your magics. the only magics you know are Rituals (Adept) {LV: 100} and Conjuration (Novice) {LV: 1}.

Summon Soul Armament (Eldritch): you can summon any weapon within your Soul Armory. All weapons have the Trait: Eldritch (use the Arcana, Soul and Insight of the wielder has extra bonuses when being wielded, slowly Corrupts the wielder with Eldritch Corruption) and Soul Bond (only the person this weapon is bonded with can use it or wield it).

Battle Master (Minor): have a minimum of a Novice Rank in all weapons.

Weapon History: allows you to see the past of a weapon. You can learn techniques of the previous wielders of any weapon you hold (Including those in the Soul Armory) and also gain a Skill rank equal to one Rank below the highest rank a wielder ever had (Example: this weapon had a Master rank wielder, well now you have an Expert Rank in wielding this Weapon, but only when your wielding it, the Soul Armory counts has Wielding).

Offer Sacrifice: Offer a Sacrifice in your Inventory, on a Symbol of the Seer or in your hands.

Language: The Languages you know are English and Dark Speak.]

[Perks: Natural Abilities that can't be changed without Divine Interference.

Cultist of the Seer: you are a Cultist of the Old One that goes by 'the Seer'. Gain the Skill Eldritch Rituals (Novice), and has a by-product, the Trait Eldritch Magic (Novice), the Trait Offer Sacrifice and Fluency in Dark Speak. Unlocks the FP Sub-System.

Eldritch Corruption (Major): you have been corrupted and touched by something Beyond. Unlocks the EP System.

Soul Armory (Eldritch): you have an entire armory within your soul, and because of that they were twisted, to be Eldritch for your soul is Eldritch in nature. Gain the Trait Summon Soul Armament, Battle Master (Minor) and Weapon History]

‘I’m gonna go to sleep’ I think, and I proceeded to go to the living room and sleep on the couch, not caring that it was night in a dungeon, the house was probably enchanted to the heavens, considering I didn’t see anything through the windows and that the house seems to be in a clearing, the forest itself moving around it seemingly.

Hello everyone, thank you for reading and please tell me if I made any mistakes, thank you.

1