35. Bathtime
3.1k 11 105
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Julia let out a relaxed sigh as she lowered her body into the warm water. She instantly felt her stress disappear. Taking into account that today was her birthday, it was way too stressful. But at last, she could enjoy her bath in peace now.

As Julia was resting in the bath with her eyes closed, the sound of hesitant footsteps reached her ears. Guess I can’t have my peace…

"Julia… um, do you mind if I join?"

Julia tilted her head backward as she opened her eyes, and sure enough, there she saw Nemi with a towel wrapped around her body.

Julia, almost out of habit, said that it was okay. But she stopped herself. Sure, she and Nemi are both girls, so there would be nothing wrong with it. But for Julia, it is just as if she would never turn into a girl. Regardless of her physical appearance, Olia would most likely kill her if she caught Julia with another girl.

"Sorry, but Olia would kill me if she saw you here with me."

"Who is Olia?"

Nemi tilted her head as Julia sadly denied her. Of course, she wanted to know who was this Olia that caused Julia to deny Nemi.

"She is my fiancé."

Fiancé… With this word, Nemi realized who was she most likely talking.

"Is she… that elf you talked with earlier?"

Julia nodded. Nemi clenched her fist. Of course, that witch would take her from me. Nemi thought back to the conversation Julia had in the garden with the busty elf and busty human. just like I thought they were flirting.

Nemi didn’t intend to lose. Even if Julia was already taken by another girl, so what? Nemi was sure that she would make her happier than that witch ever could.

"If she tries, she will have to get through me first."

Nemi spoke confidently and entered the bath. sitting herself down near a panicked Julia. Nemi chose to ignore it, why would Julia even be panicked by it? So, what if some elven witch doesn’t want her to be with other girls? It's Julia’s choice to be with whom she wants to be. How can she even dare to give orders to a princess? Nemi wondered.

"May I ask, why would I have to go through you?"

as she inched closer to Julia’s side. An angry voice sounded from behind. Nemi turned around when she saw Julia’s eyes begin to resemble a dead fish. In the doors stood a certain elven witch; Julia’s fiancée Olia. And she didn’t look happy.

"Care to explain what you may be doing?"

"…I am dead…."

Olia’s expression darkened, while Julia mumbled to herself. Nemi gave Olia a provocative smile as she pressed herself against Julia.

"Oh my, you certainly want to cause trouble, don’t you?"

Olia smiled coldly at Nemi, removing her clothes and joining the other two inside the bath.

"What might you mean? I haven’t done anything."

Nemi pretended to be innocent. The corner of Olia’s mouth twitched from annoyance. Julia, who was now in between the girls, lowered herself and began pretending to be foam.

"If I did not happen to overhear your conversation, then I might even think she is cheating on me."

Poor girl. Olia brought her hand down and gently stroked Julia’s head, proving to her that her attempt to hide didn’t work. Olia’s words seemed to irk Nemi.

"Hmpf, as if she needs your approval to spend time with me."

"Excuse me?"

Olia was stunned. Was that girl stupid? She wondered, but Nemi wasn’t done yet.

"She has the right to be with whomever she wants and do whatever she wants. And it is none of your business."

As Nemi faced Olia completely seriously, Did she even understand what being in a relationship meant? Olia was pondering and glanced at her fiancée, who was still trying to become one with the foam.

So, it is like this. Olia came to a simple conclusion: the girl in front of her was definitely in love with her cute little vampire princess. Unfortunately for her, Julia was already taken. and she intended to let her know.

"Just so you know, she is my fiancée, so it is my business with whom is she naked. I believe that in my position you would understand."

Get it? Olia hoped that the girl would understand now. Nemi clenched her fist, her face briefly showing anger.

"And? Her royal highness does not require your permission."

Olia had to seriously consider whether this girl was seriously that dumb or whether her own knowledge of the vampiric language was just so bad as to make her words hard to understand.

"Both of you stop."

Julia ceased her attempt at foam camouflage and stood up in between the two girls.

"Sorry, but I don’t think you can explain that to her."

Julia talked to Olia in Elven, earning her a surprised look from Nemi.

"So, are you saying she is dumb?"

Olia wanted to confirm. Julia shook her head, and after thinking for a bit, she started to talk again.

"The vampires kinda… worship the royal family sooo…"

"She won’t understand that you are in a relationship, since you are their princess, you should just do as you please?"

"That is the gist of it, yes."

Olia sighed, sat in the bath, and pulled Julia into a hug. As Nemi looked angry at Olia’s action, Olia just smiled at her. Once again, the two argued while Julia herself chose to ignore them and closed her eyes.

After the not-so-relaxing bath, Julia was now standing in her room dressed in her nightgown. She inspected the sword she received from Loriam as she swung the sword a few times. She nodded in satisfaction and put the sword back in its sheath.

Even though the sword was old, it can also be said to be straight-out ancient. Despite that, the blade was incredibly sharp. Julia also wondered what the sword was even forged from, as it was far lighter than any sword she had ever held before. Be it a human sword or a vampiric one, this one was far lighter than any of them.

"It’s a really nice sword."

Julia murmured as she walked to her bed, where Lily was already curled up.

Hmm? Julia stopped briefly as she felt slightly warm from the sword, but that warmth quickly disappeared. And so, Julia dismissed it and placed the sword next to her on the bed.

Maybe it's just the aftermath of the assassination attempt a couple of days ago. Or maybe those days in between she spent in Loriam’s room. Regardless, Julia didn’t feel very safe in her own room with just Lily present. But now she at least had a weapon to defend herself with.

not to mention that there were also more guards protecting her now. But she wished that there would not be a guard guarding her window at all times, even if the guard was a woman.

Tired from the long day, Julia drifted to sleep.

"Hmm〜 Hm Hmmm〜"

Humming an unknown melody, a young, dark-skinned, wolf-eared woman sunbathed at the lakeside. Even though the snow began to fall, as if unbothered by it she just left her naked muscular body covered in burn marks for all the world to see.

As her humming abruptly ended, a few of the black-clad figures around her briefly looked in her direction.

"Our motherland awakens. I repeat; our motherland awakens."

as the slightly excited message came from the earing item on her ears. She grinned widely.

"Finally."

As she uttered those words, the black-clad figures around her began to seem excited as well. She ignored them and put her finger on the item.

"Continue observing the situation and intervene only when necessary, And also send Diri to me."

"Understood, lady ZERO. For the empire, Deria out."

Removing the earring from her ear. A woman clad in a black cloak sat on a tree branch and grinned as she stared into a window of the palace. How long have we waited for this day? She thought, her grin widening as she saluted. Ave imperatrix and glory to the empire.

105