37. Kana
2.7k 6 112
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Behead the queen of vampires? Julia froze momentarily but recovered just as quickly. Logically speaking, there was no way that Kana would be talking about Loriam. After all, Kana was created long before Loriam was even born, so whatever queen was she created to behead was long dead.

"Unfortunately, my blade was never able to be covered in her blood. Sorry master."

Kana sounded apologetic as she lowered her head. Julia was now curious as to who had created Kana in the first place. And why was Kana actually referring to Julia as master.

"You don’t have to apologize to me. Say, who created you? Whom were you supposed to behead?"

Kana tilted her head, visibly confused.

"You did…? To behead Sophia Aran Leranpe."

I did to kill who? Julia didn’t understand. She never saw Kana before; how could she create her? Especially to kill someone she never heard of.

"You are far older than me, my mother, and my father, as well as my grandparents combined. There is no way I could have created you, not to mention I would have remembered that."

As Julia shook her head, Kana tilted hers. A red magic circle appeared in her eyes before turning gold.

"Measurement complete. There is no doubt that you are indeed my master."

Finishing her measurements, Kana voiced her findings, sounding satisfied as she did.

"From master’s appearance to master’s mana, everything is just as I remember it. But master’s skin is smoother than I remember…?"

Kana tilted her head as she studied Julia’s arms and neck. Julia couldn’t make sense of Kana’s actions. Kana didn’t seem to care; only Lily’s movement behind Julia got her attention.

"Master is as popular as ever, I see."

Kana glanced at the still-sleeping Lily, nodding slightly. Julia felt like she had to say something in defense. But before she could, voices were audible from behind the door.

"Is it weird that I want to wake up my fiancée? If anything, you’re the one who isn’t supposed to be here."

"As her highness’s friend, I have the right to be here."

"Said who?"

"Her highness did!"

Julia looked at Kana in panic. At this moment, both Olia and Nemi were just on the other side of the door. but luckily, they decided to have an argument to announce themselves. giving Julia time to hide Kana.

"What will I do? If they find you here."

Julia mumbled to herself as she looked for a place where she could let this naked girl hide. Kana silently observed as Julia’s eyes wandered across the room. Kana glanced at the door, and bright light enveloped her for a fraction of a second. This caught Julia’s attention as she looked back at Kana. In her place, however, was a sword.

Oh, yeah. She did say she was a spirit. Julia reprimanded herself for forgetting so quickly.

With a potential catastrophe avoided, Julia stood up and walked to the door.

"Do you have to fight in front of my room first thing in the morning?!"

"S-sorry."

"Sorry, darling."

As Julia abruptly opened the door, Nemi and Olia stopped arguing with each other and apologized as they were scolded. Neither of them could say anything seeing Julia’s messy appearance that suggested she just woke up thanks to their arguing.

In reality, Julia made herself look messier and more tired on purpose so that the two would not try to make excuses. Luckily, the two cared about Julia more than they disliked each other. Even though they came to wake her up, they felt guilty about it. Of course, Julia didn’t plan to tell them that she had been awake for hours.

"Good morning, your highness."

Mirei approached and bowed to Julia, as well as giving a slight bow to Olia and Nemi out of politeness.

"Your highness, it’s time for breakfast. Her Majesty said that your friends may also join."

Nodding her head, Julia followed Mirei to the dining hall. Olia and Nemi glanced at each other spitefully, and with a quick pace, they caught up with Julia.

Julia didn’t pay attention to the fact that Lily was still sleeping. Not because she did not care, but because to Julia, it seemed like Lily had some supernatural senses to detect Julia’s presence.

And as if to prove her right, fast-paced footsteps could be heard from behind, and soon Lily silently clung to Julia, rubbing her fluffy wolf ears against Julia’s arm. Julia rubbed Lily’s ears with a smile on her face. Meanwhile, behind Julia, both Nemi and Olia looked at the spectacle with a complicated expressions. Seeing how Lily and Julia interacted, they had a hard time seeing Lily as more than a puppy. Was I really worried that she will steal her? Both girls were thinking as they looked at Lily.

"Ah, good morning, sweety."

"Good morning, mother."

"Good morning, your majesty."

Once they arrived at the dining room, Loriam greeted her daughter. Julia returned the greeting. As Olia and Nemi bowed politely to the vampire queen, that was completely ignoring their very existence.

"So, did you enjoy your birthday?"

Loriam seemed nervous as she asked. Julia smiled when she saw her mother asking something like this so nervously. To Loriam’s relief, Julia nodded her head with a bright smile.

"I am glad… looks like I didn’t destroy your relationship, did I?"

"Not at all, your majesty. My feelings for your... daughter remained the same."

As Olia answered Loriam’s question, she forcibly pulled Julia in for a kiss. Julia was surprised by the sudden kiss, but soon she returned the gesture as she wrapped her hands around Olia. Nemi, clearly irritated by Olia, did her best to keep quiet in the presence of the queen.

Loriam, of course, had no intention of stopping her daughter’s romantic moments. only sighed at how wonderful being young is and continued her meal silently to not bother them. After a few minutes, Olia separated herself from Julia while smirking at Nemi. Who took it as a war declaration.

"If you want... you can drink my blood later. You liked it, didn’t you?"

Olia whispered in Julia’s ear. A memory of the previous evening crossed Julia’s mind. Swallowing a mouthful of saliva as she remembered the taste of Olia’s pure elven blood, Julia nodded as she blushed.

"Before I forget, your teacher will come soon."

Julia nodded; she didn’t have a class since she was almost assassinated. So she was relieved to be able to improve her magical abilities. As she felt her life getting back to normal, Julia continued eating breakfast while chatting with her mother and others.

Wish I would be able to include the rest of what I wrote this week, but that would cause cliffhanger most likely so yea.

112