42. Not giving up
2k 7 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the evening, once Julia’s class had concluded, Nemi asked her for a walk along the banks of the lake located just outside of the capital. Julia, seeing no reason to refuse, accepted her invitation.

briefly stopping by the throne room to inform Loriam. who was more than willing to interrupt what was most likely an important meeting just because Julia stopped by.

With that out of the way, Julia thought of telling Olia. but she couldn’t find her anywhere. deducing that Olia has maybe gone to sleep thanks to the loss of blood caused by Julia. She decided to not bother her and go with Nemi.

After Mirei did her best to make Julia not stand out or at least not be recognized as a princess immediately, the two girls went out on their "adventure".

while they were at it. The two did some window shopping in the city. which quickly turned into a competition to see who could compliment each other more. They proceeded through the main street and then past gate guards, who seemed to recognize Julia immediately; maybe they even thought she was Loriam herself.

But regardless, the guards didn’t stop them. only lowered their heads and saluted as the two girls went by.

They chatted and laughed as they walked. And after a short walk, they arrived at a beach that stretched all around the big lake. The evening sun, setting behind the forest-covered hills on the opposite side of the lake, gave this place an alluring beauty.

"I didn’t know there was such a beautiful place."

"Huh? Don’t you live here, Julia?"

"Well, yes, but I essentially never left the palace."

Julia scratched her head embarrassedly. Right now, Nemi must think that she is lazy. But contrary to what Julia thought, Nemi nodded in understanding.

"So just like me. I barely knew what is in my hometown… now that I think of it, I think I know more about yours than mine."

Nemi laughed, sounding strangely proud of the fact. Julia stopped briefly. How could Nemi know more about the capital than the city she lived in? It is true that Nemi most likely never left the shed she was put in by her family until that birthday party, where they met over a month ago. But did she really not go out and explore what was around her?

Actually, I am the last person who should comment on that. Thinking back, in the last couple of months Julia only left the palace when accompanying Loriam to Nemi’s home, but since then the farthest she went was the garden, or maybe it was her mother’s room? It is hard to determine which of the two is farthest.

"I think you should instead get to know your hometown rather than mine."

But how could she know more about capital? Thinking about it logically, there is no way she could learn more about it than her town in a mere two days, of which most time was spent in the royal palace.

"But there is nothing interesting there."

"Oh? And what is so interesting here?"

Julia had to know. In her opinion, Laengan, Nemi’s hometown, had nicer scenery than Kaenem. The surrounding mountains and the lush forests in the vicinity of the city were nothing short of majestic. not to mention the natural hot springs that generate great income from tourists for Nemi’s family.

Though Julia didn’t get a chance to visit them because Loriam was in a hurry to get back home. She still thought it was far better than anything that was in Kaenam. But considering what Nemi said, did she even know this?

"You…"

Nemi averted her gaze, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Julia blinked as her brain rebored itself.

Me? She finds it interesting here because I am her? Julia didn’t know how to feel about it. It made her happy that Nemi thought so, but she couldn’t help feeling like it was somehow wrong.

"S-say, aren’t you hungry?"

Nemi took a deep breath... or, more precisely, several deep breaths, to calm herself and, hopefully, reduce her embarrassment. After calming down somewhat, Nemi attempted to change the topic.

"I guess a little. Come to think of it, it is almost time for dinner."

Realizing she had not eaten anything for several hours, Julia’s mind focused on what was for dinner. which, if she remembered correctly, should be steak.

"Then if you want…"

Nemi blushed again as she revealed her neck. Nemi tried not to not think about it too deeply, but she could not help it. Here she was, bearing her neck, expecting her friend, another girl not to mention a princess to bite her and drink her blood. God, she must think I am a pervert.

With this single thought, the pervert: Nemi. closed her eyes, readying herself to be fully criticized for her perversion.

"Are you sure? I mean, I appreciate it, but are you really sure you want me to do it?"

"You are the only one I would do this with…"

Nemi was taken aback when Julia was not immediately disgusted by her. But she collected herself, murmuring her answer; there was no way she could say something so embarrassing aloud.

"In that case, thanks for the meal."

Ignoring Nemi’s inner turmoil, Julia took Nemi’s murmur as confirmation of Nemi’s permission. Julia bared her fangs and gently bit into Nemis’ neck while lightly hugging her.

Wha- No hesitation?! Nemi was shocked by how quickly Julia bit her. But she too equally as quickly gave in to the sudden immoral pleasure. There was simply no chance that she would give up this moment just because it felt wrong to do it with another girl.

Was Julia too quick? So, what. All that Nemi could think of was finally not only being alone with the one she loved but also getting intimate with her. And since they already were at this point, who could say Julia wasn’t interested in her romantically? That busty elf witch can go fuck herself, Julia is as good as mine. Nemi grinned.

Julia on her part only focused on the taste of Nemi’s blood, completely unaware of what Nemi was thinking. It wasn’t as tasty as Olia’s, but it was still delicious. How could she actually even expect that the blood of another vampire would be as good as elven blood? There must be something wrong with her if she thought so for even a second.

Once Julia had her fill, she removed her fangs from Nemi’s neck and licked the remaining blood off her lips. The bite marks quickly healed while Nemi was absorbed in the afterglow of pleasure.

"It will be dark soon, let's return before my mother starts another war."

Julia looked at the setting sun and sighed. As nice as it looked, Julia couldn’t really stay to enjoy it. Even though Loriam had not given her a curfew, she couldn't stand Julia being gone.

As Julia started to leave, Nemi pulled her toward herself. making her fall in the process, pinning her down.

"Let’s stay a bit longer, okay?"

Nemi’s face was close to Julia’s, with an obvious blush. Julia was surprised, she never thought that Nemi would pin her down.

"Nemi, what are you doing?"

"I am sorry, but… this is your fault."

My? Julia was confused, whether or not Nemi read her thoughts, she still chose to continue.

"It’s your fault for drinking my blood, and looking so-"

"So here you are- what are you doing?"

When Julia turned her head back, she saw a surprised Olia standing just a few meters from them.

"Aaaa, screw it!"

Nemi yelled out angrily, her face filled with rage. Why did you have to appear right now? Bitch! Devil! Nemi cursed the elf whose name she had no interest in remembering.

Normally, she would pretend to be innocent. But now that she was so close to fulfilling her dream, Now that she was finally getting somewhere, this bitch had to ruin it. She was done with it. She will not back down this time.

Before anyone could do or say anything, Nemi forced Julia to face her. And then gave her a deep, passionate kiss.

Almost immediately, Nemi’s face relaxed. Nemi forgot about the rest of the world as she enjoyed the softness of Julia's lips mixed with a faint taste of her own blood. Only she and Julia existed in her mind right now. Her own personal paradise.

It took a few seconds before Julia comprehended what was happening. But once she realized or more specifically remembered that the lips, she felt on her own weren’t Olia’s. that the body pressing against hers wasn’t Olia’s. Her brain went into panic mode.

"I found it weird that I suddenly felt sleepy after you handed me that wine. It turned out you drugged me to force yourself on her."

Olia addressed the person responsible for this situation. She may not have been here from the beginning, but the last minute or so was more than enough for her to know that Julia was innocent of the current situation.

"And?"

Nemi glanced at Olia, once Julia managed to push her off herself. The single word she said was filled with as much contempt as she possibly could muster. as if it symbolized her hatred for the elf in front of her.

"And? My, aren’t you a cheeky one? Now I wonder, isn’t what are you doing a crime? After all, you are assaulting a princess of your country."

"If she hates me for this and wants me to die, then so be it; I have what I wished for."

Julia, laying on the ground seemingly forgotten by the two, could swear she saw a storm forming around them. She couldn’t understand what was going through Nemi’s head. Nemi had feelings for her that much which she understood for some time. But why would she be willing to die after a kiss she couldn’t comprehend.

"Can you two not fight here? Let’s calm down, return to the palace, and have a good night's sleep before doing anything, okay?"

The two looked at Julia as if they had just remembered she was there. Olia dispelled lightning in her hand. as Nemi dispelled the fire spear in hers. Wait, when did you two even start using them?!

"I won’t risk Julia getting hurt just to kill a single witch."

Nemi mumbled as she looked affectionately at Julia.

"Yea, there's no point in getting her hurt just to get rid of a mosquito."

Olia likewise added her bit.

when the war between the two was temporarily avoided. Julia got up and went back to the palace, desiring nothing more than a bath and bed.

"Don’t think I am giving up. I will be the one to be with her."

Nemi approached Olia, her hostility clear in her voice. Olia glanced back at her and chuckled.

"Challenge accepted."

Sparks went out as the two stared each other down. But for now, they decided on a temporary truce. At least for as long as they walked to the vampire royal palace. where they proceeded to fight more discreetly through the night. While Julia, the object of their fight, was peacefully sleeping.

78