46. Ready for revenge
1.7k 18 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh, my, I didn’t know it was true. But master’s favorite washboard is really here."

Hiding her smile with a folding fan, a red-haired woman with horns and golden lizard eyes entered the room. gracefully stepping over the bodies at the entrance as if it were normal.

On the opposite side of the room, on a wooden chair placed next to what could only be described as a throne, sat a young, silver-haired vampire girl. Her crimson eyes, cold as ice, landed on the sudden visitor.

"Who are you supposed to be?"

Based on your answer, I may consider letting you live. Normally, anyone who would call her a washboard would get killed by her on the spot. But her saying master’s favorite washboard implies that this woman is affiliated with her older sister.

"Oh, could it be that you do not remember me? That hurts a little."

The woman pretended to be hurt at not being recognized by her. The seemingly young vampire princess looked at the woman in front of her. An adult red-haired woman with horns… She was certain she had never seen this woman before.

"Well, I guess it has been a while since we last talked."

Seeing that she was still not being remembered, she sighed and put the fan in her hand aside. Shortly after, her eyes shone brightly as dark red scales began appearing on her body. A thick, scale-coved lizard-like tail appeared behind the woman as her body continued changing.

Everyone that was still in the room retreated as far away from her as they could. Only the sole vampire remained, sitting on the chair and observing the spectacle in front of her.

"This might help. Do you remember now?"

The originally relatively large room now seemed smaller than a can of sardines. Almost all of the space in it was taken over by an enormous dragon that, just until a minute ago, was just an average-looking woman. except for the horns on her head.

The princess, Nika, studied the dragon’s body closely. looking for anything familiar. And sure enough, there, close to her neck, was a heavily damaged scale, with the dragon’s flesh beneath being partially visible. And the scales around it have sword marks. This caught Nika’s attention. After all, a dragon’s regeneration was far more impressive than that of a vampire. In all of history, there was only one dragon that suffered such injuries.

"Miyako? Is that you?"

Nika observed the dragon more closely. Indeed, it appeared to be Miyako, her sister’s pet dragon.

However, Nika remembered that Miyako was less mature-looking. while this one appeared to be an adult.

"It is the year 2573; of course, I look different."

Miyako, apparently sensing the distrust that Nika’s mind harbored, spoke as she slowly turned back to her humanoid form.

2573... That means that 2200 years have passed since I last saw my eldest sister. Nika felt a headache coming, which she promptly attributed to the lack of her elder sister’s hugs. Her eyes slowly drifted toward the empty throne behind her.

2000 years... the eldest sister... Are you even out there? As she started to think about it, her heart began filling with despair, and her eyes seemed to lose light. If you're not here, if you're not in this world, then… why should I live? As she was about to give up on her life, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"As much as I would not mind your demise, but master would certainly miss you."

Miyako’s friendly smile was met with Nika’s teary face.

Right, my sister would miss me, so I have to do my best. She wiped her tears and took what Miyako said to the hearth. After all, she doesn’t want to make her sister sad ever again. Not like back then…

"You’re useless!"

"Why don’t you just crawl into a hole and die?!"

"You are not my sister! You're just unwanted trash!"

A series of images flashed through her mind, accompanied by a yelling voice… her own voice. Nika did her best to suppress these images these… memories of her bratty past. But no matter what, she couldn’t do it.

She could only let her tears begin to rain as a single image stuck in her mind. A memory of her sister’s hurt, sad smile. I am a horrible sister... unlike her, who came to my help even though I was awful to her... A new memory flashed through Nika’s mind.

"Watashi no aisuru no imōto te wo dasu tsumori?"

A young girl with silver-blond hair and ragged clothes murmured, staring hatefully at the bulky man in front of her. Behind him, his two companions were standing over a tied-up Nika. For the first time happy to see her sister.

"It is true that her death would improve my life a lot."

Nika looked fearfully at her older sister. In the end, she really didn’t come to rescue her, and why would she? Nika was awful and mean to her all the time. And it was Nika who denounced their sisterhood, so what right did she have to complain?

"But you see. Your offer has a tiny little problem."

She smiled kindly at the man before a strong lightning spell ran through his body. He was paralyzed after being thrown to the ground. Her expression began to resemble that of a demon as she walked over to the paralyzed man, taking a piece of wood from the ground.

"I do not give a shit about the throne or my fucking life! On the other hand, I despise those who try to hurt my little sister!"

She yelled out, smashing the man’s head over and over again. and didn’t stop until his head was reduced to pulp.

Back then, my eldest sister came and saved me and killed those men all on her own.

Nika wiped her eyes and clenched her fists. The way I am now is still not enough to atone for my sins. I have to be a better little sister for her.

Filled with determination, she glanced at the empty throne; her sister’s throne. She smiled; soon her sister would be sitting on it. taking her rightful place as the ruler of this continent, nay, the world.

"Excuse me, your highness."

The wolf-eared woman returned to the room and kneeled down.

"I dealt with the silenens as instructed."

"Well then wait outside for now me and her highness muss- WHAT!?"

Miyako’s sudden scream surprised Nika and the wolf girl, who jumped slightly. glancing at Miyako questioningly. Miyako, however, was staring wide-eyed at one of the pictures on the table.

Nika looked at the picture. It showed her beloved sister feeding a piece of cake to a young wolf girl who was seated on her lap.

"Huh, sister got a new toy. It looks like she will not need you anymore〜"

Nika laughs lightly, earning a scornful glare from Miyako.

"More importantly, what are those ‘silenens’ she mentioned?"

Nika promptly ignored Miyako’s glare and asked. After all, she was in the ice for the last two millennias. So, she was curious about the word she had never heard before.

"It was used by your sister; how can you not know it?"

"Sister and I don’t talk about politics much."

While Nika was raised to become the queen, she didn’t pay it much attention once her sister was coronated. Though she occasionally directed oprichnina’s effort to eliminate her sister’s opposition. After all, what else could her sister mean by keeping stability in the nation than making her opposition disappear?

"Really, what were you even doing those three centuries?"

Miyako looked at her strangely and signed.

"It’s a word created by my master based on my mother tongue."

"So, it is in dragonic?"

"Yes, it is formed of the words Sil, ilen and lenen."

Sil, ilen and lenen… so, wealth, clique, and trash? Nika wondered if she remembered the dragon's language correctly. She wished she could just ask her sister; after all, she was more gifted in languages.

 "Whole of oprichnina adopted it to separated royal family and its supporters from the Ridiam’s supporters."

"Who’s?"

Nika tilted her head. She was trying to remember if she had heard the name before. but could not remember anyone.

"Lord Ridiam? The guy who denounced your sister as the queen and kidnapped you to put you on the throne?"

"Ohh, that guy."

Nika vaguely remembered certain jerk from the past. When she thought about it, wasn’t there a civil war back then? She didn’t remember much only that the slavery ended after it.

"Well, you see, I refuse to remember my sister’s enemies."

That would be a way too long list, and besides, why should she bother remembering dead people when she can instead memorize every second of her sister’s life?

"Huh? What is this…"

Nika picked a picture from the table. In the picture was her sister… licking a finger of an elf.

"What is the meaning of this!? You! Who the fuck is this!?"

Nika’s outburst shocked the wolf girl standing at attention by the door. She looked at the picture and gave a confused look at the princess.

"That is her majesty’s fiancé. An elven princess."

The wolf girl replied, perplexed. Nika was furious.

"Why were you just taking pictures?! Why did you just let this bitch humiliate your ruler!?"

"She is her majesty’s fiancé; it is not up to me to-"

"My sister despises elves! This bitch clearly had to brainwash her!"

The wolf girl tried to explain, but Nika interrupted her. After all, the sister she know considered elves to be cancer. and even considered having them all killed. There was simply no way she would love one.

"I have to agree with the washboard. Master would certainly not be in a relationship with an elf. Though it is possible she might be willing to adopt one, given she is a little enough."

The wolf girl looked at the two women most closely associated with her majesty and then at the picture. She didn't know that her majesty hated elves, but if these two said so, then it had to be true.

"These disgusting elves, thinking they can get away with humiliating my sister, I will make sure to avenge her. You there! Call me one of the loyal, high-ranking officers. We have to get ready for revenge!"

"Yes, your highness!"

The wolf girl saluted and sprinted out of the room. Nika looked at the picture again, feeling her anger build up again. Don't worry, sister, I will save you.

64