47. A doggy in the bag.
1.9k 14 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hmmm〜 Hmm〜 Hmm〜Angry waves swell from Rei’s dark depths. Mont Eire’s peak hazy with swirling clouds♪"

"Alone I stand in this turbid world. As just anger swirls through my blood♪"

on the snowy city walls of one of the important cities in the north of the Succubus kingdom. Two dark figures were walking, singing as they went, with wide grins on their faces. Each of them had a sword and a small bag, whose contents were strangely clinging. One of them also had a cloth rolled under her arm.

"Ah, the elite prosper, but the nation dies. The masses dancing blindly in their minds. In this nightmare of politics and shame. The throne merely price in the children’s game"

"Under the winter sky of the Anema revolution. Righteous is the one who stands with the sword♪"

"Could you two tone it down a bit? Or do you wish to end in prison?"

As the two entered a guard house after knocking their password. An annoyed woman with a pair of short horns on her head, dressed in a grayish coat with a red rectangle with two golden lines on her collar, stared them down from the couch by the fireplace. By her side, three other women in similar attire were seated. The only difference was that one of them had one gold line on her collar and the other two had none.

"Excuse us, captain. However, it is hard to remain calm when our homeland’s destined victory is finally here."

The two figures unhooded themselves, revealing the delicate faces of young women. Each of them had short horns on her head as well as a tail in the shape of a heart.

"Lieutenant, remember that both of you are soldiers of her majesty. If a little excitement over an upcoming victory is enough to make you careless, Then…"

You’re useless to the empire. That was what she wanted to say. But she held her tongue, if they were truly useless then they would not hold the rank they have.

"Forged it."

She shook her head and walked to the fireplace, above which, a purple flag with an elaborate crest was displayed. Along with a portrait of a young succubus.

"Since it is set in stone, I can finally clean this place."

With a smile, she ripped the flag off the wall and threw it into the fire. Once she was sure the flag had caught fire, she tossed the portrait into the fire as well.

"Now, there is no turning back. The die has been cast."

The trio promptly saluted the items that replaced the succubus flag and their queen.

They saluted a dark red flag with a silver-winged sword crest. as well as a portrait of a young-looking vampire with silver-blond hair.

"This is an order from the high command of the imperial army to all units."

She took a deep breath to calm down a bit. The other two had temporarily stopped breathing.

"Her imperial highness Nika will arrive in this city in 24 hours, and it will serve as the imperial army's provisional headquarters from then on."

The other two looked at each other, confused. She didn’t blame them; after all, she herself hadn’t expected that the princess would grace them with her presents so soon.

"As you most likely figured out. It means we have less than one day to take over this city."

They gasped as if they only now understood what this message meant. She began to wonder whether they would even have a chance with these officers in charge.

"Other than that, there are no changes to our existing plans. I believe each of you will carry out her mission as expected of imperial soldiers."

"Yes, captain! Glory to the empire! Ave imperatrix!"

There was no other way around it; the empire calls for blood, and it shall get it. All six women felt excitement building up within their bodies.

They could finally abandon the charade of being a loyal succubus. And finally, show their real allegiance. With that, they began exchanging what they knew.

A thin smile crept onto the captain’s face as her subordinates finished their discussion. As she watched each of them hurrying to their post, she caressed an old medal with her fingers. Her finger lightly brushed the imperial crest and the text;  Anema 348, depicted on the medal.

Ancestors, I swear to live up to your name, so I beg you. Please reserve a seat for me at the banquet.

Several hours later, elsewhere

Why? Why did this happen to me? Why am I here?

Julia lamented internally. Though her face was not showing it, in her heart she was crying. She wondered if there was anything she could have done or said to avoid this. I should have just forgotten about dignity and started crying right there... If I did, mom would let me stay nicely home, right?

Julia cursed herself for this blunder, as she sat on her horse. And as for what made her want to cry so much...

"Your highness, there is a succubus flag flying over Turhal. We seem to have arrived late."

A young vampiric soldier approached her on his own horse and delivered his report with a salute. He was one of the scouts sent ahead.

"That is unfortunate, but it was expected. What about the forces of the enemy?"

"Yes! The enemy had established patrols around the city composed of 4 sentries of 3 soldiers. We also managed to count at least 100 soldiers within the city."

The young man responded as he lowered his head. A hundred? This could work. Julia looked around at the roughly 400 soldiers she was given.

Yes, the reason she wanted to cry was that her mother put her in charge of an army that is supposed to push succubi back. And as far as Julia is concerned, it is a stupid idea and a death sentence for all involved.

"Continue observing the situation, I want to know when something happens."

"Yes, your highness!"

Regardless of her internal turmoil, Julia intended to work hard so that all of these men and women could return home.

Only a royal can lead royal troops in battle... I know that law, but still. Why me? Why so suddenly? Julia looked skyward as her small army continued forward.

Just a week ago, she was back in the palace with her fiancée, best friend, her friend/pet, older half-sister, and her mother, celebrating her birthday. But then in the morning, succubi declared war on vampires.

When that happened, Loriam was spending the entire day dealing with national affairs, unlike normal. Of course, she was extremely tired afterward, so Julia tried to cheer her up by being a little bit more clingy.

This seemed to work, as Loriam was smiling the whole night. But the bad news only kept coming. The next day, Olia had to return home because of some emergency, and Nemi was physically dragged home because of the current war. Julia was left alone with her sister and mother.

Then, Loriam simply told Julia to take soldiers out to the northwest to push succubi out of the vampire land and all the way into theirs.

I had to go all the way here for who knows how long… I just want home. Julia sighed. She wanted to have someone to keep her company, but around her were only soldiers. people who would not dare to be informal with her even if she ordered them to.

I wonder what Lily is doing. Knowing her and Loriam, Lily is most likely stuffing her face with steak right now. As an image of Lily eating steak appeared in Julia’s mind, she started to miss the little fluff ball. There was just something hypnotic about rubbing Lily’s fluffy ears.

Julia wished she could have taken Lily with her, but unfortunately, it would be too dangerous to take her along. Well, Loriam will take good care of her... I hope.

"Achoo."

"Huh?"

A sneeze came from the bag Julia took with her. To think about it, what exactly is inside? Julia thought that there were things like spare clothes and food. Though the weight of the bag seemed off, she just attributed it to her female body not having much strength. A princess can only gain so many muscles in less than half a year.

Julia gulped nervously, reaching for the bag. Carefully, she opened it and looked inside.

"…"

"Master〜"

There in the bag, a curled-up Lily, who was snacking on a piece of jerky, smiled innocently at Julia. Just when did she…

"I missed you, master〜"

Lily climbed out of the bag and cuddled up to Julia. Remembering that she was still sitting on a horse, Julia tightly held Lily against her body so that she would not get hurt.

"I missed you too."

Once she had secured Lily from falling, Julia rubbed Lily’s ears. Well, I am not alone anymore, at least.

66