Quest 29- Temple In The Middle of Nowhere
4.7k 8 124
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arriving at the temple, Cirrus found it relatively intact, if not abandoned. The temple had some piles of sand in it with slight erosion, but it can still be habitable.

“What architecture even is this? Looks like a mesh of Greek and Hindu.”

He disengaged his armor and began looking around the temple; he found it had lower floors and went down the long set of spiral stairs to find himself in a large ceremonial room filled with various runes lighting the dim room, with a rusty sword at the end of the room embedded in a pedestal.

“Huh? What is it? The Master Sword?”

Walking up to it, Cirrus looked around and then touched it.

Screeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A loud, piercing sound resonated inside the room.

"Agh!! My ears!! Goddammit!"

Cirrus let go of the sword and covered his ears as they have begun to bleed.

‘This blows!’

He quickly jumped back as he sees the sword reduce to powder and the wall in front of Cirrus opened up with even more sets of stairs.

“… I really fucking hope there isn’t anything evil or murderous down here.”

Cirrus walked past the pedestal and down the new dark passage.

Cirrus then quickly equips his base armor to heal his body and then quickly removed it and re-equipped his Stymphalian armor.

“There, I should be able to see better.”

With the mask on, Cirrus could see far better, but it was just slightly dimmer than the room before.

Tap~

Tap~

Tap~

Slowly walking down the long set of stairs.

“Geezus fucking Christ, I am not gonna walk all this.”

Cirrus grabs his shield and uses it as a sled to go down the stairs quickly.

Ding!

Ting!

Click!

“Ah fuck.”

Hearing several noises, Cirrus kept his head down as several arrows came flying out of the walls and a boulder dropped.

“Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!! Why are the traps still working!? Does time not erode traps! Are traps time-proof!?"

The wings expanded and flap speeding his descension until finally, after a while of using the wings on and off, he reached the bottom of the stairs.

Haa! Haa! Haa! Haa! Haa!” Cirrus quickly removed his armor and moved away from the entrance as the boulder came and crashed into the doorway.

Crash!!!!!!!

The room shook with small debris and sand coming down.

“Haaa… shit… I regret this a lot now.”

Cirrus reached into his bag and drank a few Magic Potions while on the ground, catching his breath when a female voice filled the room.

“Human with a Supreme God’s Blessing, I am surprised one such as thee will come here?”

“Huh? Who said that?” Cirrus slowly gets up in a room of darkness. "Jesus!? Is that you!"

“Did thee not bring a torch? A rather stupid mercenary.”

“Mercenary? I’m not here on someone’s pay, you uh… disembodied voice?”

“But are thee not one who fights against monsters from the dungeon? Or has the name changed into something else?”

“It’s the latter, were called adventures. How long have you been in this dark room to have a term change?”

“I do not remember. But it was about a hundred or so years after the gods came to help the people.”

“Ah… so uh, about 1000 or so years ago, give or take a few hundred years?”

“They have locked away me for that long? I… I do not know how to feel about being forgotten.”

“Hold up.” a magic circle slightly illuminated the dark room. “(Exousía, Adorn: Stymphalian).” The armor covers Cirrus and can now see. “There now… are you in that tomb?”

“Tomb? Why would I be in a tomb? I…”

Tap~ Tap~

“Ah…”

They have been sealed away for so long they even forgot they were even in a tomb.

Cirrus could hear the sad realization she made and also the fact that there really is someone in that tomb. This made Cirrus incredibly on edge.

“Do you have a name?” Cirrus slowly walks to the tomb carefully, seeing if there are any traps.

“Once long ago… but I have forgotten it. Do thou have a name?”

“My name? Well, it's Cirrus Zephyr.”

“Is that so? Well, Cirrus Zephyr, can I ask of thee a request?”

“Uhh sure?”

“Can thou free me? If so, I can reward you greatly.”

Tap! Tap!

Cirrus reached into the tomb and tapped it.

“To be honest, this situation is rather… hmm, what’s the word I’m looking for? Uhh… sketchy. As far as I know, you might as well be some like evil being… hmm wait there is no way you’re a god right?”

“I am a spirit… one sent by a great goddess, but I was sealed away in here for simply being her sprite, I think. It would seem I even forgotten the reason I was sealed away.”

“So… you were a contract-less Spirit from the Age of Heroes, huh? So is the reward a contract with you?”

“Yes, I have not fulfilled my purpose. My sole existence was to help the heroes fight back against the monsters but… ah, I remember now.”

“You remember what? Why you were sealed?” Cirrus checked around the tomb to see if there was a way out for her.

“Yes… it was my appearance; I can now remember the faces of horror as many ran away from… and then I defended myself… I… really deserve to be sealed… or was it my power?”

Uncertainty-filled words left her confused and Cirrus was saddened to hear the possible reason.

‘Sealing her in this place for such a long time… tch. I know what solitude does to a human, so it must have completely fucked her memories.’

“For what? Defending yourself? Don’t be stupid if they attacked you for your appearance. It’s their fault the poor dog showed its fangs and ripped their damn throats out. I'll free you from this place! I promise you that!”

Cirrus felt a footing for his finger to dig in. He disengaged his armor and his magic circle appeared behind him.

“(Exousía, Adorn: Erymanthian)!!!”

 

Stuck on Malenia. Pain

124