Quest 31- Contract
4.8k 2 127
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After turning into a giant owl, she shrunk back to her smaller form and perched on Cirrus’s shoulder.

“If I remember right.” Cirrus went and grabbed some food from his bag and hung his feet off the edge of the tower. “You said something about blood, soul, and following to heaven and the far reaches of space?” He takes a bite of his bread and gets some of it and offers it to Nox.

‘Thank you!’ she eats the bread and answers the question. ‘To put it simply, it means I am connected to you. Should you die, I die as well. Our souls are forever tied together, so should you ever return to the cycle of Samsara, I will be reborn to serve under you.’

“Ah… I see… is there anything else I should know or possibly do?”

‘Sadly no, it would seem my powers and gift to you cannot be utilized at the moment. Your body seems to be unable to manifest it for some reason?’

“Guess I need to have my status updated.”

‘Status? Update? What do you mean?’

“Oh yeah, you uh, you were sealed for so long you don’t remember that the gods gave the people of Gekai their blessing’s in the form of statuses. They allow us to grow stronger from every fight and monster slain. That could be the reason you can’t manifest your powers.”

‘I see… now I remember, hmm… There is something in my head about that? Oh well. Let us go and meet your god!’

“Uhh… about that, right now I’m currently on a special quest.”

‘Quest? To do what?’

“Well…” Cirrus looks out on the far expanse of the desert and spots a cloud of dust with several more behind it. “I can explain on the way. You’re a fast flyer, right?” Cirrus said, getting up and getting his stuff.

‘I am. I’ve flown around a bit to get the hang of it. Why?’

“Then keep up. I have a ride to catch! (Exousía, Adorn: Ceryneian)!!!”

A magic circle appeared behind Cirrus and the armor fascinated Nox as Cirrus dons the deer mask and antlers.

 

With a quick kick from the tower, he launched right into the sands below, rushing towards the cloud of dust.

Kata-Kata!

Kata-Kata!

‘I’m impressed! I didn’t think there would be one as fast as you! And what beautiful magic armor you have!’

She said excitedly, flying next to Cirrus.

“Glad you like it. Few people get to see it.”

‘Why is that?’

“Because if people know of my magic and what it can do, then they will work around it, and for the people, I’m after… they can’t know I’m coming or what I can do.”

From there, Cirrus explained to Nox the current state of affairs and his current situation. She understood it but still found it hard to take in that some gods wish to bring ruin to the world.

‘That’s… that’s hard to take in, so you are tasked with taking down these Familia along with other helping gods?’

“Yup, right now I’m trying to get to Sorshana in the country of Shalzard and help them fight off Israfan, which has allied itself with the Vritra Familia.”

‘I understand. We’ll let us hurry and help these people and help the world!’

“Nox, before we reach them, I have to tell you I do not seek to become a hero. The path I am taking is one where blood will be spilled.”

'Is that not how heroes are? Brutal war machines that can slaughter armies of man and monster alike?'

"I guess the heroes you know are more of the classical version and in a way I guess by those standards are I as much as I dislike it, I do kinda fit the mold of one."

'I see. How very conflicting. Either way, in this era children must lose their innocence for the sake of the world… I’m disappointed this is the one constant that remained from all those years.’

“Well, let’s make sure that no longer happens. I see the Desert Ships up ahead. Seems they're desert pirates?”

‘Hm, I’ll be your eyes in the sky. I’ll be sure to tell you if anyone is behind you and such.’

“Thank you!!”

Cirrus draws his spear and jumps on the attacking vessels at a great height.

“I-it’s the Whit—!”

Before he could talk, Cirrus had his spear on one of the desert pirate's throats.

Several of the pirates freeze in place as they expected someone to appear out of nowhere.

“Tell me, is your pirate crew working by themselves or in another country?”

The pirate looks sweaty as he darts his eyes to one of the 3 ships.

“T-talk to the captain!!” he said.

“… Fine.” Cirrus swings and knocks the guy out with his spear. “You!” Cirrus then points his spear at another pirate. “Where is your captain?”

“T-t-the middle ship!!” he shouted.

“Thanks.”

Cirrus then walks to the other side of the ship and jumps with great height onto the middle ship.

Several armed pirates notice and surround Cirrus with their scimitars.

“Where is your captain!!” Cirrus shouted.

‘She is coming to you, a woman with dark skin and several amounts of jewelry. Her hair is all tied up in her hat.’

Cirrus sees her walking down to him; she waves her hands and several of the pirates jump on board the ship they were chasing. Her light green eyes glared at Cirrus.

“So who are ya, you fuckin kid?” she said with a slight grin.

“Are you with the Vritra Familia or in any way associated with Israfan?”

“Huh? What’s it to ya, you fuckin kid?”

“Because I would like to know who I’m going to kill.”

The moment he said those words, the pirate captain felt a chill run down her back as did the other pirates taking a step back.

“Ah, you’re afraid, a rather terrible state to be in when facing an adventurer of Orario.”

“!?!?”

All the pirates instantly shook as their swords rattled.

“H-how so? We know your—“

Before she can finish her sentence, Cirrus already had his spear to her throat.

“Tell me, are you working for yourself or someone else?”

“B-by ourselves!!” she shouted.

“… Is that so?” Cirrus removed his spear and walked to the front of the ship. “I’ll ask the other men on the ship that you're robbing if they tell me the same as you said. If not,” He turns his gaze at her without even looking and knocks one of her men out with the flat of his spear. “I will come back with their heads in tow.”

“F-fine! Go on! Ask them! They’ll say they work for me!!”

“… I hope so.”

With another jump, he lands on the larger desert ship and spots several pirates from up on top.

“Oi!! I have some questions!!”

127