Quest 32- City Gate
4.6k 2 131
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Whoosh!

Whoosh!

After getting some answers from the pirate, Cirrus gained confirmation that they really worked for themselves.

“S-see!” said the captain. “I was telling the truth!”

“You were… what is your name?” Cirrus said with Nox perched up above, watching carefully.

“My name is Captain Jane Rackham; can I ask what your name is Mr. Golden Antlers?”

“…Zephyr.”

“Well, Zephyr, what are you gonna do with all of us?”

Around the captain were all of her men, except for a few who were on the other ship, which were now firmly tied together as they head to Shalzard.

“Well… how about you all work for me?”

“You? Why should we? We are desert pirates.”

“Well, you wish to make money, no? And I will need a crew to help me with some things.”

“Why the hell would you need a bunch of pirates for?”

“I plan on removing the Vritra Familia from the Israfan royal family, so I’m sure the royals of the Shalzard families would want an adventurer such as me to uproot it.”

Cirrus could see a smile on their face.

“You're gonna make those Israfan bastards pay, then count me in!!” Jane shouted.

“Aye! Me too!!” said a crew member.

“Aye!”

“Hell yeah!!”

All of her crew seemed to agree and like this development.

“So I guess you all hate Israfan?”

“Why wouldn’t he fucking hate a country of slave traders!!”

“… Well then, it’ll be a pleasure to be working with you!” Cirrus said with a smile as he swings his spear, cutting her loose.

“So shall we call you captain?” she said.

“No, you can call me by my name.”

“Aye! Aye! Boss!”

 

After a while, Cirrus could see the city of Sorshana. It held walls high enough to cover every rooftop except for the royal castle.

While the pirates docked their ships, several city guards arrived with a spear.

“Halt! You are under arrest Captain Jane 'Calico' Rackham!!” said one guard.

“Whoa, there guard! We have a new boss who wishes to talk to you.”

From the ship, Cirrus walks out with his deer mask still on and stands before the guard.

“A child? Have you no-!”

Before the guard knew it, Cirrus had pulled him down with his armor. The guards nearby were shocked to see a child so casually and quickly drag a guard to their eye level.

“These pirates are under my employment. Get your city representative or royal here. Any harm to my crew or ship will cause me to break every guard's hands.” Cirrus then turns to Jane. “That also goes for you as well, Jane.”

“R-right away!” the guard Cirrus had in his grip was left to go and he quickly left.

“Boss, do you really think they’ll send someone?”

“Maybe someone strong. I’m sure they will try to capture your lot, and even me.”

A bit more waiting and out came a rather slightly decorated man with some pedigree.

“I am the head guard Flavius Ausonius Nicasius of the city of Sorshana. I hear you brought the Calico Pirates under your command and wish to speak with someone of authority?”

“That is true, sir,” Cirrus said, standing up. “I came to… lend a hand in dealing with Israfan’s new Familia.”

“Ha! What could a child like you possibly—"

Smack!

Thud!

“S-sir!!!” shouted the other city guards.

“Wake him up and tell him what happened. When he’s ready to do business, I’ll be waiting on the ship. Jane makes sure none of our men do something stupid.”

“Yes, boss!”

Walking back to the ship, he went into a room that was emptied with a single bed and a window.

“Finally, some rest.”

Cirrus disengages his armor and flops to the bed as Nox enters the room from the window.

‘That went well so far, but is that how people come to agreements now? A bit more passive than my time.’

Nox said as she perched on the windowsill.

“You think that was passive? I was a bit more aggressive than usual.”

‘Well, you did well. Shall I keep watch on those people in case anything happens?’

“That’ll be good, by the way. Are you fine with the desert heat?”

‘Perfectly! This kind of heat is nothing. As a spirit of my caliber, this desert needs to be far hotter!’

She flew out and resumed her observations.

“Say, now that I’m resting, I notice your mouth isn’t moving?”

‘I send my thoughts to you since we are contracted, or at least partially, we can communicate with one another. For now, you have to actually speak, as our contract isn’t fully finalized.’

“But once it is, I can talk to you using my own thoughts?”

‘Yup! Oh? seems that the head guard is back up and quickly rushing towards a fancy building.’

“Seems he’s getting some people higher on the food chain. Well, for now, I'll rest for a while.”

131