Quest 35- Sungsen
4.6k 3 126
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After 3 months of aiding Shalzard Cirrus’s fame grew within the country and even to other countries outside of the desert landscape reaching even Orario.

In Israfan the Vritra Familia was truly working to keep their place as many of their Familia had been cut down by Shalzard’s Golden Horned Demon, the Familia’s captain was fuming.

“That damn demon!!!!” he shouted as he broke a table. “Lord Vritra, is it time for me to cull this nuisance? He has effectively cut down on the city’s trading! We also haven’t had a word from Solingen! We need to rely on the weapons forged here!”

Vritra simply looked at their captain and smiled as they turned to the city.

“Yes… you have waited long enough. That supposed demon has garnered enough fame so now once you find him and kill him, our strength will be unrivaled, and their morale will crash even below bedrock!! Ah~ ♥!! I can't wait to see the faces of their failure!!!”

 

With their sights now directly targeted at Cirrus, Cirrus, at the moment, was currently on his way back to Sorshana.

“Boss, are you alright?” said Jane with even more jewelry.

“Yeah… I’m just surprised that after so long I haven’t faced any higher leveled people.”

“Well, we are hitting their supply routes and bases near the border.”

“Hmm… well, I’m sure they’ll come after me, eventually.”

“And when they do, we’ll leave as quickly as we well… um… shit, I had something! Ugh!!!” Jane then left in frustration.

“…Nox.”

Nox comes and lands on his antlers.

‘No worries! I have regained enough of my magic to save you from some level 6! Probably… you remember when I first appeared!’

“So you have enough for another of that blast?”

‘Well, not one as strong as that, but enough to let you get away.’

“Then that will be good enough.”

 

A while later, back at Sorshana’s docks.

“So how was the task?” said one guard to Jane.

“Good! We got more stuff to sell.” She waved her hands as they unloaded some of the stuff.

“What of… him?”

“He’s sleeping right now, but.” She nods her head towards the top of the city wall to see a pure white owl.

“Ah, that’s good! Well, umm… we actually have some bad news.”

“How bad is it?”

“Real bad. 2 legions of our men were captured and are being held in Sungsen.”

“Shit… Sungsen of all places.”

“We know it's rather deep in enemy territory, but well…”

“Well, what?”

“Because we lost two legions' worth of soldiers, Israfan has been getting bolder with their advances, so much so Warusa has imitated them and gained ground.”

“Damn… we will deal with Sungsen.” Jane then looks at Nox and it nods its head.

 

A few days later.

“Sungsen… Jane, do you know anything about it?” Cirrus asked.

“Somewhat. It used to be a place where Israfan kept its prisoners, but now with the war, they sold the prisoners as slaves to get more money.”

“Seems they live up to their name of the Country of Merchants, using everything to make a profit.”

“Yeah… anything… we’ll be there soon; I’ll be keeping watch.”

As Jane was leaving with her tricorn hat tilted down, Cirrus speaks up.

“You know if there are any there, I encourage you to free and save them. What you do with the slavers is up to you.”

She made a slight smile.

“Thanks but…”

That slight smile disappeared just as fast as it had appeared.

“I’ll feel better when I get rid of them all.”

 

When reaching a point where they could see the city, they traveled back a bit to be away from sight.

“We’ll go at night; everyone rests till nightfall,” Cirrus said as he looked out.

“Boss, do you think it’s a trap?” said Jane with a drink in hand.

“Likely… we have enough bombs, right?”

“Yup! But I am surprised by how surprisingly strong they are?”

“Hmm, well, their only purpose for us is to serve as a way of escape anymore.”

‘And that I don’t want this to spread beyond my knowledge… I’ll have to do a deep look on all the grenades, good thing I numbered them.’

 

The city of Sungsen is far different from its neighboring cities, as its infrastructure is completely different.

It was built to do two things: one is to keep anyone who is in danger out with several deterrents and archers, two it doesn’t let anyone escape, especially its prisoners or more accurately its slaves within its confines with several more archers on standby.

For him to enter the city, Cirrus went with Nox high in the air.

‘Do you have everything you need?’

Nox said as she was far and high above the city.

“Yeah, I have the colored fireworks.”

‘Hm good. I'll be keeping an eye alright.’

“Then drop me.”

Plop!

Whoosh!

Whoosh!!

Whoosh!!!

As Cirrus dives into the city, a dangerous foe awaits him.

 

Another day, another failed attempt at beating Malenia. I am getting better tho!

126