[Vol.2] Quest 106- Artemis’ Return
3.2k 4 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Performing again at the plaza at the Pallum, Liliruca Arde was helping along in what I could only consider a small festival.

"Here you go dearie." said an old woman with ruby eyes. "You play beautifully!"

"Thank you kindly!" Cirrus said, nodding.

She nods and returns to the crowd. Everyone was enjoying the show and in the corner of Cirrus’s eye, he spots a familiar blue hair.

‘Can you see if Artemis is in the crowd? These glasses are a bit too dark to see her.'

Nox gave glances and finds her moving through the crowd as one would through tall grass.

‘Found her. Seems you have to face her next! Hope she doesn’t shoot you.’

‘I’m sure she could. If she could see me, she can shoot me… but I guess it’s fair to make her look for me around the continent.’

They finished the performance, and Nox took Lili away as Cirrus went to a dark alley to talk with Artemis.

“So this is where you were,” Artemis said with anger in her eyes. "Why didn't you inform me as well?"

Cirrus can see why many of the male gods are scared of her and stories of her myth flash across Cirrus’s mind but fortunately for him he did not see her naked, so he felt he has a good chance to make it out of this alive.

“Well, I'm going, to be honest with you, Lady Artemis. Lady Astraea told me you were going to do something."

"And you assume I was going to do something bad?"

Cirrus could see the gears turning in her head as cold anger took its place.

"Well, you shot me when we first met so...you know I figured you do something along those lines."

“… Seems your 4 years on an island did not diminish your intelligence but affected your bravery."

“Um, if it makes you feel any better, I really appreciate you still looking for me." He gave a small but genuine smile. "I don't know how I would show my appreciation for that or the time I made you waste."

"... You're very welcome Zephyr but-" she said with an excited look on her face. “But I said I will. I’m going to make your archery training as hard as I can when you come back. Oh, and to make up for the time I spent searching, I'll add some pankration in it as well! Of course, I talked with Astraea about it and they will seal your status for that! So no Falna!”

‘Fuuuuuuuck... At least it’s better than getting turned into a deer and getting mauled by my own dogs.’

 

The next few days.

“Miss Yoru, where is Sir Sora?” asked Lili.

“He’s attending to other matters.” Nox said. “Seems our skills reached a… girl's ear and came for my brother.”

“W-will he be alright!?” she said concernedly.

“Yes… but he will be gone for a bit. Until then, we will make do with what we have.” She said, taking out some simple instruments that anyone could learn.

 

Outside Orario in the woods, Cirrus was getting a crash course in archery.

Thwish!

Thunk!

Thwish!

Thunk!

Thwish!

Thunk!

“Keep going! Faster!!!” shouted Artemis.

"Guh!! I'm doing my best!!"

"Do you think your best is enough!?"

"Kinda yes!"

"Well, if you have the energy to hold a conversation, then you're not putting in your best now, are you?"

"You know I need these fingers, right?"

"You can just heal them with a potion or your armor when this is over! So keep firing!!"

Cirrus was methodically and diligently firing arrow after arrow using the bow Eupheme had created before she could give it to him.

The bow was designed by Cirrus and Eupheme for both power, speed, and space efficiency, its draw weight was 200 pounds-force, for a normal person and even to veteran adventures this is an absurd amount but for Cirrus whose Falna is currently sealed for this training is in pain.

With each arrow fired, his fingers reddened and bled, and his muscles cry out in pain. Artemis would pour a potion over his fingers and upper body to keep firing.

Watching from aside, the Artemis Familia could only watch in pain.

“Lady Artemis sure is making him bleed.” Said Rethusa.

“Yes, I’ve only seen her this angry when boys try to hit on us.” Said Phi.

All the other members nod in agreement.

“But… he is a boy?” said Lante, a half-elf with light blue hair. “He’s the first male I've seen that stuck around this long. She hadn’t even tried to shoot him away…”

“Hmmm….” They all said, thinking about it.

“Do you think she fell in love with him?” said Phi.

“Possibly. He never tried to hit on us or her. Plus, he did saved her.” Said Cale.

“Maybe if we push her towards him, she will let us find love as well--!!”

Before she could finish, an arrow grazed past her cheek.

“I heard something of love. You haven’t been thinking of it, right?” Artemis said, looking intently at her Familia.

“N-not at all!” they all said.

“Good, now come and join in. Getting lax will dull your draw!”

 

After what seemed to be 4 days and nights of shooting, Cirrus was walking back home exhausted, so exhausted he didn’t even realize someone was coming up behind him.

“Hey, Cirrus!!” Ai said, jumping on his back.

“Oh, shit.” He said with no energy.

He fell to the ground.

“Hm? Are you alright?” she said, still on his back.

“Y-yeah…” he said with a groaning tone in his voice.

Ai gets up and Cirrus slowly gets up.

“Nox said Artemis made you train till the string reached your bone. Is that true?

“Yes..."

Cirrus was not looking forward to tomorrow as Astraea would seal his Falna so Artemis could teach him Pankration.

“Mmmm, alright, I’ll help you out.”

Ai gets him under his shoulders.

“Thanks, Ai.”

Walking back home, they chatted a bit before Ai asked that has been bothering her.

“So um… what are you gonna make due on that meet up?” she said.

“… I’m planning but.” Cirrus then got in close to her ear and whispered. “I’ll get you back for the kiss 10-fold.”

“!!”

Her face reddens like a tomato. She tried to let go of him, but he already has his arm around her.

“Sorry, but I still have the strength to hold you.”

“Y-you big dummy…” she said, looking away from him with a blushed face.

94