[Vol.2] Quest 130- Home of The Lady
2.8k 1 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cirrus walks through the snowy streets again, taking the main roads because Loki's home was near North Main Street and Freya's was just across the city on South Main Street.

People make way for Cirrus as he walks through. He could hear the murmuring of the people.

"So annoying."

Reaching the Freya Familia home, the Folkvangr. He finds it to have a rather sturdy-looking wooden gate with her Familia Emblem on it.

He knocks on the door, and it slowly opens up. A young girl. Appeared. She seemed no older than 10 years old.

She has fairly long, grey hair that covers her right eye.

"Lady Freya is waiting." She showed him in. "Can you also close the gate when you enter?"

"Sure."

 

When he entered the house, he found himself in a grand temple that had been transformed into a mansion with pillars and a water fountain in the center.

He closed the doors, and he could hear the faint sounds of fighting.

"…"

"Those are the Familia members' training that you are hearing. Come."

"Can I ask what your name is?" he asks.

"…My name is Horn."

 

Leading him through the home, she brought him into a room that reminded Cirrus of a meeting room used by major corporations.

Sitting around the table were Ottar, Allen, Hogni, Hedin, the Gulliver brothers, and, last but not least, their goddess, sitting at the very end of the table.

"What a lovely home you have," Cirrus said, taking a seat at the end of the table across from Freya.

Nox went and perched on the seat that Cirrus took, watching.

"Thank you," Freya said with a natural smile as her eyes focused keenly on him. "It seemed you’ve grown from the last time I laid eyes on you…" Her eyes sharpened for a second. "In more ways than one."

‘Does having sex change one’s soul?? Hmm, never mind that for now. I’ll ask Circe about this.’

"Thank you, Lady Freya, for coming from you. It holds great significance that Loki’s words couldn’t hold a candle to them."

Her smile widens.

"Fufu, is that so?"

"Lady Freya," Ottar said. "I’m sorry for interrupting, but we should get to the matter at hand."

"Your right Ottar. Cirrus, I know you gave us the information, but we wanted to know more exact details, anything you may have looked over."

‘Ottar reliable as always.’

Cirrus told them what he told the Loki Familia. The expressions they made were the same as those of the Loki Familia. Cirrus wanted to ask them, but he felt they wouldn’t tell him what they knew.

"Lady Freya, I will be in the training field." stated one of the Gulliver brothers.

They all left as a group, followed by the two elves, then Allen, and lastly Ottar.

"Now that they are all gone, can I ask… was it the Sunny Saint?" Freya said, getting up and walking toward Cirrus.

"Sorry, I’m not one to kiss and tell, but I’m sure you already know, as sex was one of your attributes after all. So you would know regardless of what I did. A single glance and you knew, right?"

"Fufu, my apologies. It’s a habit of mine." She moved to a seat and sat next to him. "I can see the amount of love you have for her; I feel a strong sense of jealousy toward her for having truly taken your purity."

"I’m sure if word got around, many would feel your blight."

"True… on another note, thank you."

"Thank me? For what?"

"Telling me something no one dares to say, rejecting me, and telling me to look inside myself to find my Odr."

"So… have you found your answer?"

"Fufu I did." She got back up and walked to the door. "My search for my true destined partner as you did, but it has been more refined."

"Destined partner, huh…"

"Yes, destiny, or maybe fate, is better. Here's a little secret only the gods know Cirrus."

"That is?"

"Even gods are susceptible to the strings of fate. If anything, we are more prone to it. Try as we will, fate has its way of getting what it wants one way or another."

She leaves the room, and Cirrus simply stews in his thoughts for a while before Horn enters the room.

She notices Cirrus is a bit in thought. She slowly walks up to him.

"Sir Zephyr, are you fine?"

"… I am I just needed to sit for a bit, sorry um, can you show me the way out?"

"Mm, follow me."

 

Having left the home, Cirrus stares into space for a while as he walks the snowy streets.

‘What’s wrong? You seem a bit off? Did she use her charm!?’

"No… I was just thinking, that's all… Nox, do you believe in fate?"

‘Fate? Hmmm... more or less. Why?'

"Just asking…"

'Cirrus… Do you believe in fate?’

"… I’m mixed with it; I can’t give a proper answer to it."

‘I see… Well, just so you know, I like to think our meeting was fate. If not for you, I would still be stuck in that damn tomb.’

Cirrus gave a slight smile.

"Thanks. I am happy I met you."

‘Of course! I am your always reliable partner! But it is also fate you got with Ai! Hahahah!!!’

"And it's ruined."

‘Like what you did to Ai! Fucking got’em!’

"... I never should have fucking taught you new words and phrases."

82