[Vol.2] Quest 156.6- Ceremonial Sword
6.9k 0 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The abandoned church in the west of Orario.

“Did he really have that sword?” asked Zald.

“Yes, I saw it with my own eyes as he nearly impaled me.” said Alfia.

“Were the hell did he even get it? Everything both our Familia’s had were either taken by Freya and Loki with only Zeus and Hera’s personal collection going to Poseidon for safekeeping.”

“He went to Melen when he evacuated those citizens he could have gotten it then.”

“Yeah but still how? I doubt Poseidon knew that cursed sword belonged to his mother.”

“…Hera.” said Alfia in a cold tone, her eyes widening in cold fury. “This smells of her, what better cruel way to make her child suffer then to give the child of her dead captain a damn unusable cursed sword.”

“Do you think she is in the city?”

“No." She waved it off. "She’s smart enough to know how stupid it would be to come here, if anything she is in Melen watching from a comfortable distance.”

“Old man Zeus is just a couple of miles from her up north, you think she heard of him?”

“No if she did she be long gone.”

“Hahaha!! Yeah… but still it’s hard to believe he got that sword, no one was able to use it hell even Maxim the captain of the Zeus Familia couldn’t last more than 5 minutes.”

“Well who would want to, Maxim had his 1st class spear and Nephele had her 1st class hammer. A sword that requires you to go through 3 hours of pain is stupidity by far.”

“Well he is far more reckless then his mother, it’s no surprise he turned a ceremonial blade into an actual useable weapon.”

“That damn Hera…" She clenched her fists tightly. "Even now she is giving me trouble.”

“No matter, our fight will come to an end soon enough. This trial we made for Orario has gone far better then what we had hoped.”

“Yes… two more days." She takes a seat. "Then we can finally rest..." She made a pained expression. "Zald..." She glanced at him. "Do you think we made the right choice?"

A dead silence filled the room. Zald thinks and chews on their choices.

"...Maybe." He responded with some doubt in his voice. "In retrospect I wished I could have done a lot of things different but... what's done is done."

"Yes... I do wish I could see him again... it's truly a cruel fate Bell has his shit father's eyes."

The room remained quiet for a while before Alfia spoke up.

"... Hey." Alfia slowly opened her eyes and glanced at Zald. "Do you think if we knew that Cirrus was Nephele's boy we would have made a different choice?" Seeing how strong Cirrus was really began to shake their convictions.

"Who knows." He shakes his head. "No point in what ifs when we already begun to walk this path. In the words of Zeus, it is what it is. Even if I find it hard to believe Nephele of all people had a child. But at least he has loved ones, that already makes him better than his mother."

"At times like these I wish Malion was here, she was the closest to Nephele besides Hera."

"Wherever that dark elf is I am sure it is far from here."

59